Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,460 members, 7,816,079 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:01 AM

N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars - Autos (41) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars (1167824 Views)

SOLD.....Registered Toyota Corolla - 2004 @ N1,200,000.00 / Registered Toyota Camry - 2005 @ N1,200,000.00 / SOLD.....Clean Registered Infiniti FX35 - 2007 @ N1.200,000.00 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) ... (349) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by drakeskull(m): 10:35pm On Jul 31, 2019
Asquare84:

I think she is truly vulture in the corner waiting for the downfall of oop, all the issues raised here are not relevant

Haba!!! On top person money you de talk this thrash. The post isn’t trying to bring down op but seeking opinions and clarification. Don’t say shh till you walk in those shoes. Try to be objective at least!

16 Likes

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by Nobody: 11:03pm On Jul 31, 2019
amdman:

Both are same LE trim
Bruh please upload more cars here as you were doing when you started this thread.
Thanks

1 Like

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by johnonuh: 11:03pm On Jul 31, 2019
martyns200:

You are completely right I accept and believe what you just said

Just want to chip in something, I bought a car from another source from Canada as well, the person used hapag Lloyd, initially eta was July 13th, later it changed to July 20, hours later I saw July 19th and at the end of it all July 20th. The eta later showed 21st few hours layer 22nd and update to eta was updated in time until ship berthed on the 23rd at 247am. So I believe u go by the tracking details which would really give u a definite eta when its berthed. But when I asked the person who shipped my car down the reason for the eta changing from time to time when its past arrival date as earlier specified. His reply was its the problem with Nigerian sea ports, likely due to congestion and non availability of space for ship to berth. I stand to be corrected though cos I don't know how true that is
Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by codedcliq: 11:32pm On Jul 31, 2019
Asquare84:

I think she is truly vulture in the corner waiting for the downfall of oop, all the issues raised here are not relevant

It's obvious you lack understanding or you just can't comprehend simple passage.

If you have nothing meaningful to say, is it not better to keep quiet?

You have a lot of personal and family issues. Your time is better spent attending to them rather than dabbling into something that is beyond your cranial capacity.

Ode

15 Likes

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by codedcliq: 11:36pm On Jul 31, 2019
... as I stated earlier, I am very flexible and I bow to superior arguments. I have paid the balance to amdman's account and also notified him.

The clearing agent is yet to respond. I guess he has slept already. Hopefully, we will be able to strike an agreement.

My next post here will be after getting the car.

Thanks everyone.

5 Likes

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by johnonuh: 11:36pm On Jul 31, 2019
The tracking shows that the ship � has been discharged
Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by amdman: 3:52am On Aug 01, 2019
codedcliq:
The time I thought I will comment on this post is when I have received my car from Amdman. However, recent happenings have necessitated this post.

Preamble:
I contacted Amdman concerning one of the cars he posted. Total amount (inclusive of clearing) he posted was N1.1m. I made a payment of N800k to him so he can purchase and ship. Days later, he told me the car owner is no longer willing to sell so he had to source for another. No wahala. He got one with total amount (inclusive of clearing) as N1.25m. My downpayment was still witihin 60-70% of the total cost so all was fine. He sent pictures and videos to me and posted same here. All good.

Weeks later, I contacted him to send me a scanned copy of the original bill of lading. Please note scanned copy as I wasn't expecting him to courier the original to me since I am not the one clearing. First he said it wasn't ready, then later he said he will send a part of the original. After a couple of weeks, he send he can only send the Draft Bill of Lading. When I asked why he can't just scan the original Bill of Lading with his phone and send to me, below was his response verbatim

"The amount of bad press that will be generated against us if anything goes wrong with anyone’s car is not something we are willing to risk"

How sending a scanned copy of transport document will make anything go wrong with someone's car is what I am still trying to undestand. I have been working with shipping documents for almost 10years now so there is no risk he wants to claim that I don't know of. You can only clear your car at the Seaport if you have the original Bill of Lading and evidence to show you are the one it was consigned to. Any clearing agent here is free to counter this.

Two reasons I requested for the scanned Bill of Lading
1. To apply for car financing - since I am pre-ordering the car, it is one of the required documents
2. To be able to indepently verify that actual shipment took place using the International Maritime Bureau portal

He eventually sent the draft bill of lading which didn't qualify for the intended purpose. Still I moved on.

Later, he sent the tracking details of the vessel / shipment to me. As at this moment, tracking details he sent is still showing that Vessel will likely arrive today, not that it has arrived.
He chatted me up days ago that the ship has berthed and I should pay the balance of 450k. No wahala. I told him to send the contact of the clearing agent so I can make arrangement to have him deliver the car to my place. Let me state here that on the Invoice he sent, two conditions stood out:

1. Pick up at Lagos port
2. 2nd payment due after confirmation of vehicle purchase

The Pick up at Lagos port is not something I am comfortable with. This was not communicated until I made the advance payment. His post here after he decided to be handling the clearing cost was - "buying, shipping and clearing" - not that the buyer will still have to go the port to pick up the car.

Still I was ready to proceed but I told him I will rather the Agent delivers the car to my place so he should send his number let me liaise with him. Next thing he told me is quoted verbatim below:

"Depending on your location, that can range from 20k to 50k"

So I have to tell him facts and any clearing agent here is free to counter. If I pay a clearing agent to clear my car in Lagos ports, I expect him to deliver the car to my place (they already calculate these costs in the fees they charge). If I am outside Lagos, he is free to negotiate additional cost with me for delivery. Why will I have to go to the port to pick up a car when I am paying for clearing? I can as well just get another clearing agent to do the clearing for me then. Imagine driving a non-registered car when I am not a car dealer or clearing agent and you are stopped by the police. Nigeria police do not respect the 90days grace period. That's why we have clearing agents for this.

He started threatening me with demurrage fees. Hello, you've been the one providing all the information. I can't run an independent check because you refused to provide a scanned copy of the transport document. The draft Bill of Lading you sent shows the shipping line Hapag-Lloyd gives 21 days free demurrage (which was clearly stated on the draft you yourself sent). So even if the claim by you that the vessel is in Tincan is true, it is after 21days that demurrage will start counting.

He is yet to provide the contact of the clearing agent but he wants me to pay 100%, leave my work and go to the port to wait for car to come out.

The tracking details he sent shows vessel is not yet at Tincan but he claims otherwise.

Amdman, I am willing to pay the balance right now, that is not an issue. However, I need to:
1. Independently confirm that the shipment took place and vessel has arrived. You can get your clearing agent to come here and confirm this or you provide me with a scanned copy of the original bill of lading
2. I won't leave my work to come to the port to pick up a car and I can't & won't pay "20k to 50k" for a distance of less than 15km from the port to my place.

I still believe Amdman is legit and these things are just business issues that can be resolved. I won't have brought this here if he has shown some flexibility because I even told him I may have to bring it public and he said I should go ahead. So fellow buyers, please if I am the one that is being unreasonable, kindly let me know. I am not a rigid person. Though I believe it doesn't make sense for one to pay for clearing fees and still have to go to the port to pick up an unregistered car to drive home.

Cc: deepwater

I appreciate your frank feedback on your purchase and do hope that you will eventually be overly satisfied when you receive your vehicle. I will address the issues raised:

1. Not sending you a copy of the original bill of lading – Murphy’s law states that if something can go wrong, it will. We therefore have to rely on our over a decade risk management experience to ensure that we mitigate and hedge every risk. Giving you a copy of the title document of a container that contains vehicles belonging to other people is not a risk we were willing to take. One need not imagine the amount of insults and bad press we will receive if something goes wrong. The very fact that you and other people sent me money running into millions of naira without seeing even a key or tyre of any vehicle is testament to the fact that I have maintained a good name till date; and I would like to keep it that way. If our stand disrupted your plans, we apologize.

2. Arrival date on tracking: The date stated on tracking is usually an estimated date fixed by the shipping company putting various factors into consideration. There are however other variables that comes with doing business in Nigeria that is outside their control, hence the vessel can arrive slightly before or after. To avoid any demurrage, we have to closely monitor the arrival, including using means outside the tracking website. Once we had confirmation from the clearing agent that the vessel had arrived, I informed you, more so as only your payment was outstanding and it was capable of delaying the clearing. So I was not threatening you with demurrage charges. Rather, I was merely reminding you of what is stated in our agreement to avoid further issues.

3. Picking up at Lagos Port – Our agreement clearing indicates where delivery will be done, and in your case, it is at the ports. Like I mentioned to you, we do not have the manpower to deliver cars individually and it is not part of our negotiation with the clearing agent, particularly because it can lead to other issues. For example, at our instruction, the agent is currently clearing 2 containers with 8 cars. He probably has other clients he is attending to as well. Knowing the nature of Lagos, I cannot expect him to deliver 8 cars to different parts of Lagos within a day or 2. That will certainly lead to other issues.

Again, the price at which we are delivering your vehicle is the best you will find anywhere in Nigeria for one that has a clean title and is non-accidented. That means that we have an almost zero profit margin on the vehicle, though we are happy to be of service. Thus, it becomes impossible to accommodate costs that were not previously contemplated. Please understand.

Other issues have been addressed by comments above mine.

We thank you again for trusting us with your purchase. We believe you made a good choice.

69 Likes

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by amdman: 4:03am On Aug 01, 2019
codedcliq:
... as I stated earlier, I am very flexible and I bow to superior arguments. I have paid the balance to amdman's account and also notified him.

The clearing agent is yet to respond. I guess he has slept already. Hopefully, we will be able to strike an agreement.

My next post here will be after getting the car.

Thanks everyone.

Thank you so much for being open-minded about this.

15 Likes

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by gman55(m): 5:27am On Aug 01, 2019
This is the only thread in NL with matured minds, kudos

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by delawal: 6:07am On Aug 01, 2019
Asquare84:

u don't have to call him a vulture. even though he was not patient enough and saw trouble where there is none. a little issue DT would have been sorted out amicably.

@all. this op , I see him as a meticulous and open minded bizman. I have contacted him on behalf of a client I want him to do some Biz wit in Canada and will be meeting wit over there . he agreed . he is d kind of guy DT believes in possibilities. I believe d sky is his limit.

this thread will be d beginning of a new dawn in automobile Biz in naija. expect 4,000 pages in the next one month

4 Likes

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by Asquare84(m): 7:21am On Aug 01, 2019
codedcliq:

It's obvious you lack understanding or you just can't comprehend simple passage.

If you have nothing meaningful to say, is it not better to keep quiet?

You have a lot of personal and family issues. Your time is better spent attending to them rather than dabbling into something that is beyond your cranial capacity.

Ode

Thank you
Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by deepwater(f): 9:28am On Aug 01, 2019
Asquare84:

exactly they are not relevant because your one kobo is not involved.
stop calling people vultures until u buy a tire on this thread

12 Likes

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by biggiyke(m): 10:43am On Aug 01, 2019
I'm interested in a 2006-08 Mitsubishi Eclipse or a 2007-2008 Hyundai Tiburon. How can you help?

amdman
Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by globalimporter(f): 11:44am On Aug 01, 2019
amdman:
Am thinking low-priced cars can be a good deal for the Nigerian market. These cars will usually have any of the following characteristics:

Clean titles
High Mileage
Minor faults, etc.

For example, the 2007 Honda Accord below can land in Nigeria for 700k (purchase price and shipping. You arrange and pay for cost of clearing). Has a mileage of 383,000.

Generally, the clearing cost for shipping will depend on the age, model, type, etc of the vehicle and will range from N300k to about N600k.

If you don't have your own clearing agent, you can engage Adexfem (+2348056345590) to discuss clearing.

If you are interested in any of the vehicles, Call/Whatsapp - +1437 221 5476

simplified corporate logistics can handle all your shipping,clearing and delivery to any destination in nigeria

call/watsapp 07055061179

1 Like 1 Share

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by amdman: 5:32pm On Aug 01, 2019
2008 KIA Sorento

Rust on back quarter panel

153k miles

N1.4m - purchase, shipping and clearing included

1 Like

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by amdman: 5:44pm On Aug 01, 2019
2005 Nissan Exterra

No faults reported

99k miles

N1.6m

2 Likes

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by amdman: 6:11pm On Aug 01, 2019
biggiyke:
I'm interested in a 2006-08 Mitsubishi Eclipse or a 2007-2008 Hyundai Tiburon. How can you help?

amdman

2007 Mitsubishi Eclipse

No reported faults

Manual Transmission, two sets of tires

155k miles

N1.6m

3 Likes

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by amdman: 6:17pm On Aug 01, 2019
2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse

No reported faults

Automatic Transmission

143k miles

N2m

4 Likes

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by amdman: 6:39pm On Aug 01, 2019
Hot Deal

2007 Mitsubishi Eclipse

May have an exhaust leak

140k miles

N1.5m - buying, shipping and clearing inclusive

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by sarriss: 9:57pm On Aug 02, 2019
deepwater:

It makes no difference
If u recall, the OP has said the aim of his thread is to sell cars to customers and not to prove any other thing.

3 containers loaded already, people wey buy the cars don buy comot. Dem show u container for Canada, u say u wan see container for apapa

Op for show you the container for Atlantic ocean na.

Nobody will make u believe anything, if u get money go Berger go buy motor.

Truth is that risk is not for everyone, the difference between the rich and the poor.

I swear your bad mouth na legendary.

5 Likes

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by gayman99: 11:02am On Aug 03, 2019
amdman:

I appreciate your frank feedback on your purchase and do hope that you will eventually be overly satisfied when you receive your vehicle. I will address the issues raised:

1. Not sending you a copy of the original bill of lading – Murphy’s law states that if something can go wrong, it will. We therefore have to rely on our over a decade risk management experience to ensure that we mitigate and hedge every risk. Giving you a copy of the title document of a container that contains vehicles belonging to other people is not a risk we were willing to take. One need not imagine the amount of insults and bad press we will receive if something goes wrong. The very fact that you and other people sent me money running into millions of naira without seeing even a key or tyre of any vehicle is testament to the fact that I have maintained a good name till date; and I would like to keep it that way. If our stand disrupted your plans, we apologize.

2. Arrival date on tracking: The date stated on tracking is usually an estimated date fixed by the shipping company putting various factors into consideration. There are however other variables that comes with doing business in Nigeria that is outside their control, hence the vessel can arrive slightly before or after. To avoid any demurrage, we have to closely monitor the arrival, including using means outside the tracking website. Once we had confirmation from the clearing agent that the vessel had arrived, I informed you, more so as only your payment was outstanding and it was capable of delaying the clearing. So I was not threatening you with demurrage charges. Rather, I was merely reminding you of what is stated in our agreement to avoid further issues.

3. Picking up at Lagos Port – Our agreement clearing indicates where delivery will be done, and in your case, it is at the ports. Like I mentioned to you, we do not have the manpower to deliver cars individually and it is not part of our negotiation with the clearing agent, particularly because it can lead to other issues. For example, at our instruction, the agent is currently clearing 2 containers with 8 cars. He probably has other clients he is attending to as well. Knowing the nature of Lagos, I cannot expect him to deliver 8 cars to different parts of Lagos within a day or 2. That will certainly lead to other issues.

Again, the price at which we are delivering your vehicle is the best you will find anywhere in Nigeria for one that has a clean title and is non-accidented. That means that we have an almost zero profit margin on the vehicle, though we are happy to be of service. Thus, it becomes impossible to accommodate costs that were not previously contemplated. Please understand.

Other issues have been addressed by comments above mine.

We thank you again for trusting us with your purchase. We believe you made a good choice.

We very much appreciate your efforts. Please keep up the good work.

3 Likes

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by castrokins(m): 6:59pm On Aug 03, 2019
Have You Taken Delivery Of Your Car?

codedcliq:
The time I thought I will comment on this post is when I have received my car from Amdman. However, recent happenings have necessitated this post.

Preamble:
I contacted Amdman concerning one of the cars he posted. Total amount (inclusive of clearing) he posted was N1.1m. I made a payment of N800k to him so he can purchase and ship. Days later, he told me the car owner is no longer willing to sell so he had to source for another. No wahala. He got one with total amount (inclusive of clearing) as N1.25m. My downpayment was still witihin 60-70% of the total cost so all was fine. He sent pictures and videos to me and posted same here. All good.

Weeks later, I contacted him to send me a scanned copy of the original bill of lading. Please note scanned copy as I wasn't expecting him to courier the original to me since I am not the one clearing. First he said it wasn't ready, then later he said he will send a part of the original. After a couple of weeks, he send he can only send the Draft Bill of Lading. When I asked why he can't just scan the original Bill of Lading with his phone and send to me, below was his response verbatim

"The amount of bad press that will be generated against us if anything goes wrong with anyone’s car is not something we are willing to risk"

How sending a scanned copy of transport document will make anything go wrong with someone's car is what I am still trying to undestand. I have been working with shipping documents for almost 10years now so there is no risk he wants to claim that I don't know of. You can only clear your car at the Seaport if you have the original Bill of Lading and evidence to show you are the one it was consigned to. Any clearing agent here is free to counter this.

Two reasons I requested for the scanned Bill of Lading
1. To apply for car financing - since I am pre-ordering the car, it is one of the required documents
2. To be able to indepently verify that actual shipment took place using the International Maritime Bureau portal

He eventually sent the draft bill of lading which didn't qualify for the intended purpose. Still I moved on.

Later, he sent the tracking details of the vessel / shipment to me. As at this moment, tracking details he sent is still showing that Vessel will likely arrive today, not that it has arrived.
He chatted me up days ago that the ship has berthed and I should pay the balance of 450k. No wahala. I told him to send the contact of the clearing agent so I can make arrangement to have him deliver the car to my place. Let me state here that on the Invoice he sent, two conditions stood out:

1. Pick up at Lagos port
2. 2nd payment due after confirmation of vehicle purchase

The Pick up at Lagos port is not something I am comfortable with. This was not communicated until I made the advance payment. His post here after he decided to be handling the clearing cost was - "buying, shipping and clearing" - not that the buyer will still have to go the port to pick up the car.

Still I was ready to proceed but I told him I will rather the Agent delivers the car to my place so he should send his number let me liaise with him. Next thing he told me is quoted verbatim below:

"Depending on your location, that can range from 20k to 50k"

So I have to tell him facts and any clearing agent here is free to counter. If I pay a clearing agent to clear my car in Lagos ports, I expect him to deliver the car to my place (they already calculate these costs in the fees they charge). If I am outside Lagos, he is free to negotiate additional cost with me for delivery. Why will I have to go to the port to pick up a car when I am paying for clearing? I can as well just get another clearing agent to do the clearing for me then. Imagine driving a non-registered car when I am not a car dealer or clearing agent and you are stopped by the police. Nigeria police do not respect the 90days grace period. That's why we have clearing agents for this.

He started threatening me with demurrage fees. Hello, you've been the one providing all the information. I can't run an independent check because you refused to provide a scanned copy of the transport document. The draft Bill of Lading you sent shows the shipping line Hapag-Lloyd gives 21 days free demurrage (which was clearly stated on the draft you yourself sent). So even if the claim by you that the vessel is in Tincan is true, it is after 21days that demurrage will start counting.

He is yet to provide the contact of the clearing agent but he wants me to pay 100%, leave my work and go to the port to wait for car to come out.

The tracking details he sent shows vessel is not yet at Tincan but he claims otherwise.

Amdman, I am willing to pay the balance right now, that is not an issue. However, I need to:
1. Independently confirm that the shipment took place and vessel has arrived. You can get your clearing agent to come here and confirm this or you provide me with a scanned copy of the original bill of lading
2. I won't leave my work to come to the port to pick up a car and I can't & won't pay "20k to 50k" for a distance of less than 15km from the port to my place.

I still believe Amdman is legit and these things are just business issues that can be resolved. I won't have brought this here if he has shown some flexibility because I even told him I may have to bring it public and he said I should go ahead. So fellow buyers, please if I am the one that is being unreasonable, kindly let me know. I am not a rigid person. Though I believe it doesn't make sense for one to pay for clearing fees and still have to go to the port to pick up an unregistered car to drive home.

Cc: deepwater
Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by obekediamondfuto(m): 1:30pm On Aug 04, 2019
I am beyond impressed...

look forward to doing business with you

2 Likes

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by amdman: 2:25pm On Aug 04, 2019
obekediamondfuto:
I am beyond impressed...

looking forward to doing business with you

Thank you for your kind feedback.
Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by amdman: 2:27pm On Aug 04, 2019
2005 Infiniti G35

No faults reported

131k miles

N1.3m purchase, shipping and clearing included

2 Likes

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by Jobac: 2:28pm On Aug 04, 2019
Nice one OP. It will not be well with those dealers that have been cheating us for years.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by Jobac: 2:29pm On Aug 04, 2019
amdman:
2005 Nissan Exterra

No faults reported

99k miles

N1.6m
Baba, is clearing included, if no, how much will it cost to clear it?
Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by amdman: 2:54pm On Aug 04, 2019
Jobac:

Clearing is included

1 Like

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by noble71(m): 2:54pm On Aug 04, 2019
Jobac:

Everything is included.

1 Like

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by amdman: 6:41pm On Aug 04, 2019
2006 Saturn Vue - Honda Engine

No faults reported

120k miles

N1.3m - purchase, shipping and clearing

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by Prince202020(m): 10:38pm On Aug 04, 2019
Mehn, I love this thread, OP keep on with the good work, very soon I'll surely do business with you.

Me love Toyota products, Camry.
Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by Ifebazz(m): 10:48pm On Aug 04, 2019
@op I am still waiting for some nice Mercedes C300 series and E350. Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) ... (349) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.