Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,308 members, 7,819,048 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:31 AM

How To Make Your Mobile Data Subscription Last Longer - Technology Market (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / How To Make Your Mobile Data Subscription Last Longer (47860 Views)

Airtel Crashes Monthly Social Bundle Data Subscription For Facebook And Whatsapp / Service No Longer Availlable / Discounted Data Subscription Prices For ALL Network Subscribers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Make Your Mobile Data Subscription Last Longer by JusticeSeeker: 8:19am On May 04, 2019
Ain't advertising for Glo but I simply don't experience this with them. Glo is really the data guru.

1 Like

Re: How To Make Your Mobile Data Subscription Last Longer by omoadeleye(m): 8:19am On May 04, 2019
Nn
Re: How To Make Your Mobile Data Subscription Last Longer by Makz: 8:21am On May 04, 2019
KendrickAyomide:
Trash. That shit is being controlled by these network providers. If they want your mb to last they know what to do. Reason why Bought subscription last more than Bonus data

If you were more informed, you will know about the term data 'burn rate' similar to your call rate on any tariff plan.
Re: How To Make Your Mobile Data Subscription Last Longer by chelsea1116(m): 8:22am On May 04, 2019
Guy all dis i did it all even b4 readin it but e no dey work..
I subscribed mtn 1.5gb..dt 1 na 1week e dey try last..
Currently i m using glo yakata..i get upto 4gig wt 1k and it gets to 3wks...
Internet fun is watchin videos and viewin pix nah..ds our netwrk providers all na scam

4 Likes

Re: How To Make Your Mobile Data Subscription Last Longer by GreatResearcher: 8:22am On May 04, 2019
KendrickAyomide:
Trash. That shit is being controlled by these network providers. If they want your mb to last they know what to do. Reason why Bought subscription last more than Bonus data
Wonder why #100 bought airtime last longer than #500 bonus airtime.
Re: How To Make Your Mobile Data Subscription Last Longer by omoadeleye(m): 8:22am On May 04, 2019
adewest1999:
How are you different from yahoo boys?

Yahoo boys doesn't care about the price of data, so they are ready to lavish on things, so my nigga there worked for his money and needs to minimise his spending by getting value for his money at a cheap price

1 Like

Re: How To Make Your Mobile Data Subscription Last Longer by yuanexchanger: 8:22am On May 04, 2019
informative
Re: How To Make Your Mobile Data Subscription Last Longer by Hez143(m): 8:24am On May 04, 2019
isp looking at us like smiley They will always find a way to still zap our data

1 Like

Re: How To Make Your Mobile Data Subscription Last Longer by Goalnaldo(m): 8:25am On May 04, 2019
Data issue na wahala for this country oh. shocked
See people wey dey view threat shocked
Even Tonto dikeh thread no carry crowd like this.

1 Like

Re: How To Make Your Mobile Data Subscription Last Longer by RexTramadol1: 8:25am On May 04, 2019
I'm yet to understand how 9mobile 4gig and 5gig finishes within a week without twitter n instagram

Need I say I turn off cellular data for most of my apps

E tire me sotey na 200 I dey do now

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Make Your Mobile Data Subscription Last Longer by MrPENIS(m): 8:27am On May 04, 2019
Uyi168:
Any #200 for 1/1.2/1.5gb data plan for any network
Airtel has #350 for 1gb last a day. Its the only cheapest thing since they slash their night plan data

1 Like

Re: How To Make Your Mobile Data Subscription Last Longer by Freshbaba95(m): 8:27am On May 04, 2019
nairalee:
Me I think my own is spiritual. I can't believe I exhaust 3 gig in 1 week. Whenever I calculate how much I spend on data in a month I'll begin to wonder if "financial devourer" is not pursuing me according to my pastor.

Money I'm supposed to be chopping and enjoying life I'm donating to Airtel et al

9mobile dey chop me 1 gig everyday. I swear, I'm tired
Re: How To Make Your Mobile Data Subscription Last Longer by Samabu07(m): 8:28am On May 04, 2019
SEONaijaExpert:
Data never last longer with 9mobile and Airtel
MTN is worse. They even stop the extra 1.5G if you re-subscribe before the end of your current subscription.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Make Your Mobile Data Subscription Last Longer by lawman88(m): 8:33am On May 04, 2019
Uyi168:

MTN will give you 1 gig for 200. Last for one week and 3 gig for 500 last for two weeks. Just dial *131*65*2# or *131*65*3# Then you are good to go. That is what I'm using

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: How To Make Your Mobile Data Subscription Last Longer by Upton: 8:34am On May 04, 2019
How do I stop chrome from playing videos automatically?
Re: How To Make Your Mobile Data Subscription Last Longer by Goalnaldo(m): 8:35am On May 04, 2019
KendrickAyomide:
where you wan see am
e dey actually for some mtn select sim. I dey do 1gb sub for 200#(weekly)
4gb for 1000# (monthly)
Re: How To Make Your Mobile Data Subscription Last Longer by chiroyale(f): 8:35am On May 04, 2019
Uyi168:

*131*65# mtn. Doesn't work on all sims though..

1 Like

Re: How To Make Your Mobile Data Subscription Last Longer by lawman88(m): 8:36am On May 04, 2019
Freshbaba95:

9mobile dey chop me 1 gig everyday. I swear, I'm tired

And I cannot finish 1 gig in one week with MTN subscription. Just use MTN. *131*65*2#. Cost: 200. 1 gig. Thank me later
Re: How To Make Your Mobile Data Subscription Last Longer by FuckoffMOD: 8:37am On May 04, 2019
Uyi168:
Yeah
Mtn -200 for 1gig *131*65#
Etisalat-200 for 1gig *929*10#

1 Like

Re: How To Make Your Mobile Data Subscription Last Longer by MaestroJosh: 8:37am On May 04, 2019
Uyi168:
_mtn *131*55#
Re: How To Make Your Mobile Data Subscription Last Longer by SEONaijaExpert: 8:37am On May 04, 2019
Samabu07:

MTN is worse. They even stop the extra 1.5G if you re-subscribe before the end of your current subscription.
Those guys are not considerate in any way. Some of them may be cheap for calling but for data they're just too expensive to maintain.

I make full subscription 2/3 times in a month, and this is something that's expected to last for one month as they say. The new data reduction system is terrible and unfriendly.

1 Like

Re: How To Make Your Mobile Data Subscription Last Longer by OhiOfIhima: 8:39am On May 04, 2019
Nobodyperson:
airtel is very mad

Like seriously. They are better before oo.
Re: How To Make Your Mobile Data Subscription Last Longer by OhiOfIhima: 8:40am On May 04, 2019
FuckoffMOD:

Yeah
Mtn -200 for 1gig *131*65#
Etisalat-200 for 1gig *929*10#

How long is it gonna last keh
Re: How To Make Your Mobile Data Subscription Last Longer by Goalnaldo(m): 8:42am On May 04, 2019
chiroyale:

*131*65# mtn. Doesn't work on all sims though..
you are beautiful wink
Re: How To Make Your Mobile Data Subscription Last Longer by gameboyo: 8:42am On May 04, 2019
SEONaijaExpert:
Data never last longer with 9mobile and Airtel

Try mtn, u go know say water pass garri
Re: How To Make Your Mobile Data Subscription Last Longer by uchechefaith(f): 8:44am On May 04, 2019
Uyi168:

yes airtel 2gb plan for only 2g device 200 naira for 10days *482# select one, 2 is for 500 naira for 6gb valid for 25days
Re: How To Make Your Mobile Data Subscription Last Longer by FuckoffMOD: 8:45am On May 04, 2019
OhiOfIhima:

How long is it gonna last keh
Mtn 1week
Etisalat 3days
Re: How To Make Your Mobile Data Subscription Last Longer by Teetop22(f): 8:46am On May 04, 2019
NaijaTechGuy:
In this post I’ll be showing you how to make your data subscription last longer We all dread getting that notification from our ISP or telco that our data subscription is about to finish and it can be annoying and really disappointing.

Although, I’m pretty sure we can always blame our ISP’s for coming up with different data zapping techniques, especially MTN. Nevertheless here’s a way to keep your data from running out too quickly.

There are 2 ways to do this – Turn off background data or set a data limit within your social media apps.

How To Turn Off Background Data

Go to Settings > Network And Internet > Data Usage >Mobile Data Usage then click on the apps that are using too much data then turn it off

Setting Data Limit On Apps

1.Turn off Facebook Video Auto-play:
Go to your Facebook option icon (the three horizontal bars at the top right corner)
Click on App Settings (Under help & settings)
Click on AutoPlay
Select Never autoplay Videos.
In addition, you can activate the “Data Saver” option
Navigate to the option icon
Then go to settings & Privacy
Select Data Saver,
Toggle the data saver on.

2. WhatsApp – Deactivate Media Auto Download :

Go to the “settings” section in your WhatsApp APP
Click on “Data and Storage Usage”
Select Media Auto Download option
Deselect all options under “When Using Mobile Data”
You can also enable low data usage for WhatsApp Calls

3. Instagram – Reduce Data Usage :
Open Instagram options
Go to Settings
Select Cellular Data Use
Then tick Use Less Data.

4. Twitter – Deactivate Auto Play:

Go to your Twitter Profile icon.
Click on Settings and Privacy
Select Data Usage
Set Video Autoplay to Never

5. Snapchat:
Go to Snapchat Settings
Click on “Manage” under “Additional Services”
Tick the “Travel Mode” box

6. YouTube – Limit mobile data usage:

Open the YouTube App
Tap on the profile icon at the top right corner
Select Settings
Click on General
Turn on “Limit Mobile Data Usage”

7. Playstore – Update Apps on Wi-fi Only:

Go to the Google Play store
Click on Menu & go to Settings
Click on Auto-update apps.
Select “Auto-update apps over Wi-Fi only”.
You also have the .option to choose “Do not auto-update apps

https://www.naijatechguy.com/2019/05/make-your-data-subscription-last.html
God bless you o I just did the WhatsApp and it kind of a relief...
Re: How To Make Your Mobile Data Subscription Last Longer by Sammyblaq(m): 8:53am On May 04, 2019
Na people wey dey beg for subscription dey careless the data sef...

See as men gather dey reason data management.
Naija na olaniyi.
Re: How To Make Your Mobile Data Subscription Last Longer by adewest1999(m): 8:54am On May 04, 2019
omoadeleye:

Yahoo boys doesn't care about the price of data, so they are ready to lavish on things, so my nigga there worked for his money and needs to minimise his spending by getting value for his money at a cheap price
well said
Re: How To Make Your Mobile Data Subscription Last Longer by godlyguy(m): 8:57am On May 04, 2019

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

BEST DEALS: XIAOMI,ONEPLUS, NOKIA,HUAWEI(update on first page) / ***Android Tablets, Laptops,Powerbanks, Home Security and Cinema Systems**** / Samsung/iPhones from U.S

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.