Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,526 members, 7,819,893 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:34 AM

Reasons Why Jamb Result May Not Be Cancelled - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Reasons Why Jamb Result May Not Be Cancelled (464 Views)

ICAN Result May 2021 / When Is WAEC Result May/june 2018/19 Is Coming Out / Official JAMB Malpractice List - Reasons Why JAMB Will Seize Your Result (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Reasons Why Jamb Result May Not Be Cancelled by divinechildparr: 7:03pm On May 04, 2019
There has been so much tension amongst jamb candidates for the just concluded Jamb exam and why the results have not been released.

Over the years, Jamb results are usually released a few days after writing the jamb exam but this year has been different and jamb students have been really worried because they are not sure what may be the outcome.

Just yesterday, I was briefed by a friend whose name I will withhold for security reasons that Jamb results maybe not be released and jamb exam maybe be cancelled.

It is generally believed by so many persons that jamb exam will be re-written. Although, there has been news from different sources that jamb has denied such speculations. As ridiculous as that may sound, it’s the belief of so many candidates right now.

It’s normal for so many tension and speculations to arise due to the un-profound delay of releasing jamb result.

WHY JAMB SERVER MAY HAVE CRASHED
According to the news published by Concise News Report, “there have been reports that the JAMB server has crashed and those a need for another UTME. However, JAMB has said such reports are fake as results of candidates are still intact.

Speaking on recently, JAMB Head, Media and Information, Fabian Benjamin, said the reports are not only wicked but fraudulent.

”We want to distance ourselves from such malicious and wicked rumours by fraudulent persons, as there is no truth in them,” he told NAN.

”We did not issue any press statement concerning crashing of the server. All these are antics of desperate persons trying to cause panic and confusion among candidates and the general public.

”We are not going to succumb to such rumours as we remain focused on ensuring that we achieve what we have set out to do.

”After the examination, the board embarked on screening to determine any form of examination malpractice and infractions by both candidates and examination centres. This is what has been delaying the release of the results.”

Though to every rumour, there is every element of truth. I don’t think there is any Jamb Examination over the years where malpractice has not been recorded.

But withholding the whole results for weeks on the basis of checking for malpractice is quite opprobrious.

Honestly speaking, if jamb is checking the CCTV Cameras for malpractice, what about the students or centres whose own has been checked and found to be free from malpractice? At least, the results can be released in batches.

Well, not until jamb release an official statement, we will stick with the fact that the results will be released soon and that the results are being screened.

WHY JAMB EXAM MAY NOT BE RE-WRITTEN
If it were true that jamb server has been compromised, then, the jamb examination will be re-written.

Otherwise, it will be released and as usual. If Jamb Exam was to be cancelled, I think Jamb should have done it a long time ago.

Probably, the reason while the result has not been released could have lots of logistical backings but I don’t think any of such includes cancellation of the just concluded jamb examination.

There were many speculations that Jamb result would be released on the 29th of April but wasn’t. The reason for such has still not been cleared but Jamb has not said anything about the cancellation of the exam.

For now, everyone should keep a positive attitude and a good mindset time the jamb result is released.

[source: https://highfaculty.com/reasons-why-jamb-result-may-not-be-cancelled/]

(1) (Reply)

List Of 7 Universities That Do Not Require Application Fees / Ehat Most Children Pass Through At School Learning In An Unconducive Environment / Please Nairalander, Help Me With These Lexis And Structure Questions.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.