Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,483 members, 7,823,119 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:32 AM

Nigeria's Industrial Revolution Underway As Manufacturing Sector Expands - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria's Industrial Revolution Underway As Manufacturing Sector Expands (4124 Views)

Manufacturing Sector Bleeds As Forex Loss Rises 400% To N466bn / Capital Importation To Manufacturing Sector Rises 88.2% To $861 Million / Economy: New Borrowing Underway As Production, Reserves Dwindle - The Guardian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria's Industrial Revolution Underway As Manufacturing Sector Expands by Amujale(m): 2:48pm On May 05, 2019
plaetton:

Nigerians today stand petrified at what confronts them on a daily basis, talkless of the dark , bleak tomorrow.

What confronts you is a house that has fallen, fallen because the contractor attempted to build on a fraudulent foundation.

Rather than make the necessary corrections early enough and at important junctures, he his head in sand( much like what people like you are doing ) , continues to use much cheaper construction materials to patch the obviously cracked and leaky foundations. The house is nowhere near completion. He is too dishonest to start afresh, and continues to delude himself that " by the grace of God " his house will stand, even against the laws of gravity.

This house will fall .
No "hail marys" about that.

(a) Identify a problem.

(b)Suggest solutions

(c) Implement suggested solutions

(d1) If it doesnt work
(i) Try again
(ii) Look for other solutions

(d2) if it works, make a success of it

(e) stop knocking positivity because you will end up going around in circles. Back to square one.

(f) critical thinking is only of use to anyone if it allows for good progressive solutions of the initial problem.
Re: Nigeria's Industrial Revolution Underway As Manufacturing Sector Expands by deolivette: 3:35pm On May 05, 2019
Rossikk:

Dude, you are just a loud ignoramus with a defeatist mentality.

I haven't much time to dismantle the garbage you typed up there point by point, although it is easy to dismantle. But I'll just make a few salient points.

1) Britain, at both the dawn and height of its industrial revolution, was a cesspit of corruption, criminality, child slavery, and mass poverty. Read Dickens.

2) China 30 years ago, at the dawn of its industrial transformation, was the world poverty capital with no political stability, weak institutions, very poor education, massive corruption and dictatorship, very poor power supply, and a middle class whose primary mode of transportation was bicycles.

3) America, at the dawn and peak of its industrialisation, was a hellhole of disunity capped by a bloody civil war, and succeeded by a society riven by racial discrimination, a virtual APARTHEID system backed by law, and astonishing wealth disparities which continue till this day, with the top 1% of the population owning more wealth than the bottom 50%.

4) The Soviet Union just over 60 years ago, was a nightmarish hell suffering from starvation and dictatorship, with Stalin personally responsible for the murder of 30 million of his own people.

5) Germany, a century ago, suffered grievous defeat in WW1, with her society economically shattered, which led to the rise of Hitler, who proceeded to lead her into ANOTHER disastrous war, just under 60 years ago, in which over 10 million Germans were slaughtered, including 6 million European Jews, with Berlin, Dresden, Hamburg, and other cities bombed to smithereens.

If ALL these nations could pass through these monstrous challenges and come out better and developed, so too can, and will, the Federation of Nigeria.

MANY THANKS.

If Nigeria has up to 5% people like you, then we there is definitely a future...

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria's Industrial Revolution Underway As Manufacturing Sector Expands by fabyom: 3:52pm On May 05, 2019
deolivette:

If Nigeria has up to 5% people like you, then we there is definitely a future...
There is a future my brother. Things are happening! Wonderful things!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Industrial Revolution Underway As Manufacturing Sector Expands by Naijiant: 3:54pm On May 05, 2019
Obi1kenobi:
"Industrial revolution" while generating barely over 2,000MW of power? Looolz... grin
Industrial Laffalution. grin

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Industrial Revolution Underway As Manufacturing Sector Expands by RTSC: 5:40pm On May 05, 2019
Rossikk:

I must confess I am impressed by Buhari's performance.

The clear reduction in corruption has made funds available to implement various projects and social programmes, from the airports, to 2nd Niger Bridge, to rail projects, to the various poverty alleviation programmes like school feeding of kids, micro credit schemes for small businesses, N Power etc etc.
Actually, the vast majority of the money was borrowed.
The buhari administration has borrowed more than all past governments.
And I can't see any significant new project aside completion of the Jonathan railways that he already paid for before leaving office, or at least did up to 70%.

And social initiatives like you -win and sure -p also existed before this government.

So aside from the Lagos -Ibadan rail, what new thing has buhari done to merit the greatest borrowing in Nigerian democratic history?

You think if buhari leaves office tomorrow and a new government audits his administration, you think they would not find astonishing, neck breaking corruption?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria's Industrial Revolution Underway As Manufacturing Sector Expands by Rossikk(m): 8:45pm On May 05, 2019
deolivette:

Nigeria DEFINITELY has more than 5% of people ''like me''. The millions of Nigerians you see starting and running businesses, startups, companies, factories, schools, and other beneficial enterprises are all optimistic people who see a future for this country, or they wouldn't have the motivation to do what they are doing.

The naysayers who see no future are basically the useless members of society filled with inferiority complex and negativity. They generally constitute the unemployed, uncreative, lazy elements whose circular arguments against our future - as seen from their posts above - basically boil down to ''Nigeria will not develop because Nigeria is not already developed''. Eg, ''how can we develop when we lack 24/7 power, and have poor infrastructure, no full security, poor education, poverty, corruption, disunity etc etc?''

But hello?!?! If we had all those things sorted out, then that means we are a developed country already, and we wouldn't be having this discussion, would we?

So don't take them seriously. They're not worth it.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria's Industrial Revolution Underway As Manufacturing Sector Expands by Obi1kenobi(m): 12:23am On May 06, 2019
Rossikk:

Dude, you are just a loud ignoramus with a defeatist mentality.

I haven't much time to dismantle the garbage you typed up there point by point, although it is easy to dismantle. But I'll just make a few salient points.

1) Britain, at both the dawn and height of its industrial revolution, was a cesspit of corruption, criminality, child slavery, and mass poverty. Read Dickens.

2) China 30 years ago, at the dawn of its industrial transformation, was the world poverty capital with no political stability, weak institutions, very poor education, massive corruption and dictatorship, very poor power supply, and a middle class whose primary mode of transportation was bicycles.

3) America, at the dawn and peak of its industrialisation, was a hellhole of disunity capped by a bloody civil war, and succeeded by a society riven by racial discrimination, a virtual APARTHEID system backed by law, and astonishing wealth disparities which continue till this day, with the top 1% of the population owning more wealth than the bottom 50%.

4) The Soviet Union just over 60 years ago, was a nightmarish hell suffering from starvation and dictatorship, with Stalin personally responsible for the murder of 30 million of his own people.

5) Germany, a century ago, suffered grievous defeat in WW1, with her society economically shattered, which led to the rise of Hitler, who proceeded to lead her into ANOTHER disastrous war, just under 60 years ago, in which over 10 million Germans were slaughtered, including 6 million European Jews, with Berlin, Dresden, Hamburg, and other cities bombed to smithereens.

If ALL these nations could pass through these monstrous challenges and come out better and developed, so too can, and will, the Federation of Nigeria.

MANY THANKS.

It's hilarious you think you "dismantled" a guy that properly schooled you on the absurdity on your claim, but it's the internet, sha. We're all invincible here in our own minds.

I'm not sure what parallels Nigeria have with Britain, The industrial revolution was born and nurtured in Britain, the leading light of the Western intellectual tradition until the eventual collapse of its colonial empire and the rise of a new world order led by the US. It should be embarrassing that Great Britain as far back as well over 2 centuries ago were a bigger hub of innovation, invention, enterprise, ambition and vision than a 21st century shiithole contesting with the likes of South Sudan and Somalia for the most wretched existence of humanity. Yet, you think you're scoring points by comparing 2019 Nigeria with 1700's Britain and saying "read Dickens".

Most of what you're saying above have no relationship with what anyone is disputing here. What is the relevance of telling us how Germany's economy suffered after World War 2 when Nigeria can't come close to Germany's innovative acumen even centuries ago - a country that in WW2 was producing the world's first jet engines, and first ballistic missiles and guided weapons, and first rocket technology that predated space exploration, and first helicopters, and an automotive industry that was the envy of the world.
The issue is not about what Nigeria is "capable" of doing, but what Nigeria IS doing. You made a thread with grandiose claims about an "industrial revolution" that you cannot back up, and instead launched into irrelevant digressions about apartheid and slavery and the Holocaust and blah, blah, blah......

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Industrial Revolution Underway As Manufacturing Sector Expands by Rossikk(m): 12:30am On May 06, 2019
Obi1kenobi:

It's hilarious you think you "dismantled" a guy that properly schooled you on the absurdity on your claim, but it's the internet, sha. We're all invincible here in our own minds.

I'm not sure what parallels Nigeria have with Britain, The industrial revolution was born and nurtured in Britain, the leading light of the Western intellectual tradition until the eventual collapse of its colonial empire and the rise of a new world order led by the US. It should be embarrassing that Great Britain as far back as well over 2 centuries ago were a bigger hub of innovation, invention, enterprise, ambition and vision than a 21st century shiithole contesting with the likes of South Sudan and Somalia for the most wretched existence of humanity. Yet, you think you're scoring points by comparing 2019 Nigeria with 1700's Britain and saying "read Dickens".

Most of what you're saying above have no relationship with what anyone is disputing here. What is the relevance of telling us how Germany's economy suffered after World War 2 when Nigeria can't come close to Germany's innovative acumen even centuries ago - a country that in WW2 was producing the world's first jet engines, and first ballistic missiles and guided weapons, and first rocket technology that predated space exploration, and first helicopters, and an automotive industry that was the envy of the world.
The issue is not about what Nigeria is "capable" of doing, but what Nigeria IS doing. You made a thread with grandiose claims about an "industrial revolution" that you cannot back up, and instead launched into irrelevant digressions about apartheid and slavery and the Holocaust and blah, blah, blah......

Mr White Man pretending to be one of us, you disappeared after I demolished your garbage about us not making any economic or manufacturing progress, with the IMF and Nigerian manufacturers soundly refuting your illiterate assertions. How does it feel to be a NOBODY being refuted by Nigerian manufacturers, IMF and Central Bank financial experts? Why should we believe a negative, anonymous nonentity like you over recognised experts and players in the field? Kindly bugger off.

By the way, Dickens wasn't ''1700s Britain''. Dickens was barely a century ago's Britain, almost at the dawn of the 20th century when people slept 20 to a room in the British shitholes of London, Birmingham and Leeds, and died of preventable diseases in the streets, as child slavery, corruption, and prostitution thrived in a nightmare of mass poverty and disease-ridden destitution that would make the South Sudanese recoil in horror.

Describing the inequality and filth of London, Dickens wrote that ''As the brightest lights cast the deepest shadows, so are the splendours and luxuries of the West End found in juxta-position with the most deplorable manifestations of human wretchedness and depravity.''

''Every repulsive lineament of poverty, every loathsome indication of filth, rot, and garbage; all these ornament the banks of Folly Ditch.''

''That wretched woman with the infant in her arms, round whose meagre form the remnant of her own scanty shawl is carefully wrapped, has been attempting to sing some popular ballad, in the hope of wringing a few pence from the compassionate passer-by.''

''A girl, whose miserable and emaciated appearance was only to be equalled by that of the candle which she shaded with her hand.
...They are invariably numerous and splendid in precise proportion to the dirt and poverty of the surrounding neighbourhood.''

''The tears fall thick and fast down her own pale face; the child is cold and hungry, and its low half-stifled wailing adds to the misery of its wretched mother, as she moans aloud, and sinks despairingly down, on a cold damp door-step.''

''Here were poor streets where faded gentility essayed with scanty space and shipwrecked means to make its last feeble stand, but tax-gatherer and creditor came there as elsewhere, and the poverty that yet faintly struggled was hardly less squalid and manifest than that which had long ago submitted and given up the game.''

http://thecircumlocutionoffice.com/tag/poverty/

That was Britain at the turn of the 20th century. NOT 1700. If they could emerge from that and prosper, Nigeria/Africa can and will emerge from their troubles too!!!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Industrial Revolution Underway As Manufacturing Sector Expands by Obi1kenobi(m): 1:49am On May 06, 2019
Rossikk:

Mr White Man pretending to be one of us, you disappeared after I demolished your garbage about us not making any economic or manufacturing progress, with the IMF and Nigerian manufacturers soundly refuting your illiterate assertions. How does it feel to be a NOBODY being refuted by Nigerian manufacturers, IMF and Central Bank financial experts? Why should we believe a negative, anonymous nonentity like you over recognised experts and players in the field? Kindly bugger off.

Believe it or not, I don't live on Nairaland. I argue when I have the time and do something else when I don't. If you think my ignoring a mention (where most of your ramblings were increasing digressions from your original topic - your typically tedious argumentation style) means you "demolished" me, then I'm happy to be of service to your fragile ego.
There was nowhere I argued about Nigeria making "no manufacturing progress". You're either a liar or you have serious comprehension problems. I disputed your characterization of that as a "revolution". Something you've been unable to back up and kept rambling utterly irrelevant twaddle.
I'm not sure what you think the IMF refuted. That Nigeria has continued to crawl out of a recession that started since 2016. And this was "refuted" because of a 1.9% growth rate last year? You feel no shame to be touting that as progress with a wretched economy of wretched citizens when even the US with its prosperous economy would regard that as a stagnant economy? A growth rate far outstripped by double-digit inflation and interest rates and even exceeded by population growth rate is what you think is some kind of turn around rather than an utter failure. Clown has clearly never read a Bloomberg or Economist article to understand the expectations that determine success in developing economies. Sorry, ehn. You deserve pity.

By the way, Dickens wasn't ''1700s Britain''. Dickens was barely a century ago's Britain, almost at the dawn of the 20th century when people slept 20 to a room in the British shitholes of London, Birmingham and Leeds, and died of preventable diseases in the streets, as child slavery, corruption, and prostitution thrived in a nightmare of mass poverty and disease-ridden destitution that would make the South Sudanese recoil in horror.

Describing the inequality and filth of Central London, Dickens said: ''As the brightest lights cast the deepest shadows, so are the splendours and luxuries of the West End found in juxta-position with the most deplorable manifestations of human wretchedness and depravity.''

Next time, research properly things you know nothing about, you ignorant dullard.

Again, your ramblings above are completely irrelevant to your thread. Stop digressing, you window-licking mooron. Focus on substantiating your idiotic claims about Nigeria's "industrial revolution". Focus. FOCUS! The poverty of 18th or 19th century London (and there is no basis to claim it was worse than Nigeria of today, but the very comparison alone should shame you) has nothing to do with your thread. Focus. Focus!

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Industrial Revolution Underway As Manufacturing Sector Expands by Rossikk(m): 2:36am On May 06, 2019
Obi1kenobi:

Believe it or not, I don't live on Nairaland. I argue when I have the time and do something else when I don't. If you think my ignoring a mention (where most of your ramblings were increasing digressions from your original topic - your typically tedious argumentation style) means you "demolished" me, then I'm happy to be of service to your fragile ego.
There was nowhere I argued about Nigeria making "no manufacturing progress". You're either a liar or you have serious comprehension problems.

Aaah!!! So you DO agree we are making Manufacturing progress. Great! I'll do a jig to that!

...............[img]https://i./84W4.gif[/img]

I disputed your characterization of that as a "revolution". Something you've been unable to back up and kept rambling utterly irrelevant twaddle.

Actually, YOU are the one who doesn't understand the meaning of the term ''industrial revolution''. You seem to think it denotes some dramatic, instant change or transformation. It does not. The European industrial revolution for instance took place between 1760 and 1840 - almost a century!! It didn't occur in 2 or 3 years!! It was a very slow and gradual process that was barely noticeable when it was occurring.

Now, when I talk of an industrial revolution as pertains to Nigeria, it generally means the start of a period of manufacturing growth, such as has never been seen in the nation's modern history.

For much (sorry, all) of my adult life, the Manufacturers Association of Nigeria (MAN) has complained about manufacturing decline, and lack of govt leadership in industrializing this country.

But in recent years, I have seen for the very first time, the head of MAN thanking and congratulating the federal govt for its pro-growth policies.

Added to that are these statistics that show an increase in manufacturing output for the 25th consecutive month. That is definitely a FIRST in Nigerian history. That is REVOLUTIONARY in my book.

Therefore it is not inappropriate in my view to term what we are seeing, an industrial revolution. Feel free to disagree, however.

I'm not sure what you think the IMF refuted. That Nigeria has continued to crawl out of a recession that started since 2016. And this was "refuted" because of a 1.9% growth rate last year? You feel no shame to be touting that as progress with a wretched economy of wretched citizens when even the US with its prosperous economy would regard that as a stagnant economy?

No, YOU need to feel shame. Our GDP growth rate was 0.8% in 2017, and is 2.1% as at the first quarter of 2019. That is a near TRIPLING of the GDP growth rate in under 2 years. ANY economist will tell that that is positive news. If that growth trajectory is maintained, we are looking at a 6% to 7% growth rate by 2021, and beyond that, who knows? YOU are not an economist, so all you look at is the raw percentages without considering the low base rate we are emerging from.

A growth rate far outstripped by double-digit inflation and interest rates and even exceeded by population growth rate is what you think is some kind of turn around rather than an utter failure.

Err no, I do not consider the tripling of our GDP growth rate in under two years ''an utter failure''. Neither do the IMF, Central Bank, or qualified economists. Guess who we should take seriously, THEM or you?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Industrial Revolution Underway As Manufacturing Sector Expands by Nobody: 2:45am On May 06, 2019
Industrial revolution without 24 hour electricity-GTFOH!
Re: Nigeria's Industrial Revolution Underway As Manufacturing Sector Expands by Nobody: 2:49am On May 06, 2019
Rossikk:

Aaah!!! So you DO agree we are making Manufacturing progress. Great! I'll do a jig to that!

I need your insight in this thread
https://www.nairaland.com/5170646/photos-billionaire-lifestyle-nigerian-politicians
Re: Nigeria's Industrial Revolution Underway As Manufacturing Sector Expands by Rossikk(m): 3:12am On May 06, 2019
litdutchboy:

I need your insight in this thread
https://www.nairaland.com/5170646/photos-billionaire-lifestyle-nigerian-politicians

Thanks. I've just contributed.
Re: Nigeria's Industrial Revolution Underway As Manufacturing Sector Expands by Rossikk(m): 3:16am On May 06, 2019

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Industrial Revolution Underway As Manufacturing Sector Expands by Kingspin(m): 3:31am On May 06, 2019
Rossikk:

Go to school, learn a skill, and stop being an unproductive asswipe, MY DEAR.

It is in this same country that multi-million dollar startups like Jumla are making big money.

Use your brain instead of prostituting yourself and you too will be successful.
You have a point but is not just enough.
Re: Nigeria's Industrial Revolution Underway As Manufacturing Sector Expands by Obi1kenobi(m): 2:58pm On May 06, 2019
Rossikk:

...............[img]https://i./84W4.gif[/img]

Yes. We made progress trying to gain back what we lost in the precipitous crash of 2016. Great that I finally helped that percolate through after your difficulties comprehending simple statements.

Actually, YOU are the one who doesn't understand the meaning of the term ''industrial revolution''. You seem to think it denotes some dramatic, instant change or transformation. It does not. The European industrial revolution for instance took place between 1760 and 1840 - almost a century!! It didn't occur in 2 or 3 years!! It was a very slow and gradual process that was barely noticeable when it was occurring.

Now, when I talk of an industrial revolution as pertains to Nigeria, it generally means the start of a period of manufacturing growth, such as has never been seen in the nation's modern history.

For much (sorry, all) of my adult life, the Manufacturers Association of Nigeria (MAN) has complained about manufacturing decline, and lack of govt leadership in industrializing this country.

But in recent years, I have seen for the very first time, the head of MAN thanking and congratulating the federal govt for its pro-growth policies.

Added to that are these statistics that show an increase in manufacturing output for the 25th consecutive month. That is definitely a FIRST in Nigerian history. That is REVOLUTIONARY in my book.

Therefore it is not inappropriate in my view to term what we are seeing, an industrial revolution. Feel free to disagree, however.

The emboldened is fucckking reetarded. A revolution in the context you have used it is supposed to mean "transformation" or dramatic change. If that wasn't what you meant, then there are more appropriate words in a highly dynamic language like English to accurately represent what you mean. By your own words, you say that after ages of hearing complaints about the stagnation or decline of the manufacturing sector, you're now hearing positive news. To claim this as a revolution, you must either demonstrate a resolute long-term surge over several years or decades, or a radical change in productivity within a short period, neither of which you've done. You just took a piece of decent news about the marginal gains in manufacturing over the last 2 years and made your usual grandiose claims that tidily fits into you bizarre afrocentist propagandist nonsense.
The same you that some days ago was whining about how we can't manufacture train coaches and our engineers are unemployed or underemployed is the same person here making the reetarded claims of an "industrial revolution". You no dey see your sense?

There are countries that have witnessed an industrial transformation in the past decades. Countries like the old Asian tigers, and more recently, the BRIC nations, or even Israel which is nicknamed "start-up nation" as it sells hundreds of billions of dollars worth of technology. Nigeria is not one of them. It's a wretched-ass hell-hole where the most basic industries like food processing and textiles are either moribund or struggling to break out of the pit. Your propagandist nonsense fools no one but gullible sheep.

No, YOU need to feel shame. Our GDP growth rate was 0.8% in 2017, and is 2.1% as at the first quarter of 2019. That is a near TRIPLING of the GDP growth rate in under 2 years. ANY economist will tell that that is positive news. If that growth trajectory is maintained, we are looking at a 6% to 7% growth rate by 2021, and beyond that, who knows? YOU are not an economist, so all you look at is the raw percentages without considering the low base rate we are emerging from.

Err no, I do not consider the tripling of our GDP growth rate in under two years ''an utter failure''. Neither do the IMF, Central Bank, or qualified economists. Guess who we should take seriously, THEM or you?

If your GDP growth goes from 0.1% to 0.4%, so you start jumping in ecstasy at QUADRUPLING your growth rate. grin Which economists are you talking about? A quick Googling will tell you majority of international financial magazines, think tanks etc consider Nigeria's economic recovery to be weak and a failure.
The "low base rate" we're emerging from is exactly why our economic performance is pathetic. If your economy in like Germany or Norway or Finland, the high level of development, very low (or no) population growth, low inflation, low (sometimes none-existent) interest rates, low income inequality, generous social safety net programs etc makes low growth rates acceptable. If you are a 3rd world shiithole whose poverty rate has continued to grow and people continue to breed like rats, and inflation continues to overwhelm the citizens, then bust cycles have to be accompanied by booms rather than glacial pace growth. So yes, our GDP growth rate is an utter failure.
And please, quit the appeals to authority with the IMF as though they support your claims. They don't.
http://saharareporters.com/2018/10/10/imf-nigeria-witness-sluggish-economic-growth-2019
https://www.premiumtimesng.com/business/business-data/289469-imf-reviews-nigerias-growth-projection-downwards.html
https://www.proshareng.com/news/NIGERIA%20ECONOMY/IMF%E2%80%99s-Forecast-on-Nigerian-Economy-Unimpressive-%E2%80%93-FSDH-Research/42225

That they said Nigeria's economy has seen growth is not the same as satisfaction with the progression of the Nigerian economy.

But once again, I don't get why your arguments always veer off in wild tangents (often because you can't defend your initial claims, so choose to digress instead to provide distractions). Why the fuuckk are we talking about the IMF and all that when you can't substantiate your claim about an "industrial revolution"?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria's Industrial Revolution Underway As Manufacturing Sector Expands by forgiveness: 3:22pm On May 06, 2019
Amujale:
Now we know the truth, lets get to working out a brighter future.

Remember, Africans exist in ethnicities. Africans dont have tribes.

Europe has tribes, Africa has ethnicity.

Can you please explain? Thanks
Re: Nigeria's Industrial Revolution Underway As Manufacturing Sector Expands by Amujale(m): 11:40pm On May 06, 2019
forgiveness:

Can you please explain? Thanks

A tribe is a human social group. Exact definitions of what constitutes a tribe vary among anthropologists. The concept is often contrasted with other social groups concepts, such as nations states, and forms of kinship.

An ethnic group, or an ethnicity, is a category of people who identify with each other based on similarities such as common ancestry, language, history, society, culture or nation.

Ethnicity is usually an inherited status based on the society in which one lives.

Africa has ethnicity NOT tribes. Europe has tribes.

Furthermore, Africans ethnicities is what the rest of the world is modelled upon.

As in, Nations from all around the world try their very best to replicate Africans natural ethnicities.
Re: Nigeria's Industrial Revolution Underway As Manufacturing Sector Expands by Lmaomen1(m): 5:34am On Jul 25, 2020
To be honest, I am very surprised because I had no idea that the industrial component of Nigeria is so developed.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

“Coronavirus Will Disappear Even Without Vaccine” – Donald Trump / What Do You Think Of This “walkthrough Disinfectant” Manufactured In Anambra / Vladimir Putin Stands In Rain Refused Umbrella!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.