Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,642 members, 7,823,826 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:07 PM

How Does This Forum Attract Users? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / How Does This Forum Attract Users? (649 Views)

Naija Celebrities Who Have Been On This Forum Or Are Still Active Members / What Are The Funny Or Weird Monikers You Have Seen In This Forum? / Please Can Someone Tell Me The Terms Been Used On This Forum? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Does This Forum Attract Users? by meobizy(f): 3:03pm On May 05, 2019
I wonder.
I have never seen a real world advertisement of the platform.
I have heard OAPs use topics here as matters for discussion, although they never credit the source.
I have met only four users of the forum, however the number reduced to me alone when those individuals moved on from the site.
So how do people learn of this platform?
I know some users spread the word via word of mouth but they only tell a handful of individuals.
It also seems the admin sees no reason to expand on the service’s capabilities in terms of reach.
Re: How Does This Forum Attract Users? by czarina(f): 3:17pm On May 05, 2019
Thought of it one time. No advert, nothing at all. Even Google Search Engine runs ads. Facebook too. Seun seems content with the size of his kaya.

I think people find Nairaland on search engines, like someone told me when I mentioned the site to him. His words; "that site wen everything dey".

Nairaland supposed to be the African "Facebook" but then....

2 Likes

Re: How Does This Forum Attract Users? by meobizy(f): 3:22pm On May 05, 2019
czarina:
Thought of it one time. No advert, nothing at all. Even Google Search Engine runs ads. Facebook too. Seun seems content with the size of his kaya.

I think people find Nairaland on search engines, like someone told me when I mentioned the site to him. His words; "that site wen everything dey".

Nairaland supposed to be the African "Facebook" but then....
It has the capacity but I think the owner doesn’t want it to reach such level.
Yes, the Google search option is likely the major way.
I remember after seeing it once in a while my search results always pointed me here.
The main reason I signed up was the Nigerian angle posters used when answering queries.

2 Likes

Re: How Does This Forum Attract Users? by meobizy(f): 3:23pm On May 05, 2019
Sherylbakky, what do you think about it?
Re: How Does This Forum Attract Users? by Nobody: 3:45pm On May 05, 2019
meobizy:
Sherylbakky, what do you think about it?
Lol. Surprised about the mention though...wanted to pass but then, I don't need to ignore d mention.

Most people get to know about NL through search engine (SE) Seun had devoted his real time and energy on the forum in the past by creating useful topics and answers (with the help of his buddies back then I think) and that's paying off now.

A forum where u have answers to most of the things people are searching for will continue going.

Wen u make enquiry about something important to u on SE n blogs and Wiki can't provide answers, SE wud be left with forums that have related topics.

Now, u come across this kinda forum for the first time, u get wat u want. The second time, third, forth n it goes on and on like that. Definitely you are gonna get engrossed with it someday.

The same way Quora, Reddit and some popular blogs get their traffic.

U wanna start a forum and want it to keep existing n continue functioning?

"Ur time" is needed at first, cos if people come the first and second time and they can't get wot they want, they may never come again.

After u'v given it time and energy with d help of some close pals, just chill n see SE doing d remaining wonder.

Thanks for d A2A

1 Like

Re: How Does This Forum Attract Users? by meobizy(f): 11:57am On Sep 18, 2019
The guys responsible for the 2014 Nairaland tsunami were tactical in their methods. What they did was akin to old civilisations burning historical records of conquered colonies. The power of a forum lies in past queries. Most of those past queries contain frequently asked questions still relevant this very day. I bet it was a disgruntled ex-employee because I see no reason why anyone else will think up such.

(1) (Reply)

Unity Challenge Nigeria / Dj Cuppy Names Her New Cub After Her / Customized Shopping Bag,bread Nylon,black Nylon.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.