Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,519 members, 7,826,955 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 12:39 AM

Don’t Marry Jobless Men - Pastor Adeboye To Single Ladies - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Don’t Marry Jobless Men - Pastor Adeboye To Single Ladies (384 Views)

Adeboye To Single Ladies: Don’t Marry Jobless Men / Bonnington, UK Donates Tesla X Model To RCCG To Welcome Pastor Adeboye To London / Daddy Freeze Compares Pastor Adeboye To Najwa Zebian, A Muslim Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Don’t Marry Jobless Men - Pastor Adeboye To Single Ladies by mrakeli62: 4:51pm On May 05, 2019
The General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God (RCCG) Pastor Enoch Adeboye has warned single ladies to avoid marrying jobless men.

Jobless men, he said, have the tendencies to use, dump and abandon such ladies.

Adeboye spoke on Sunday at the May Special Prayer and Thanksgiving service by the RCCG Throne of Grace, National Headquarters Ebute Metta, Lagos.

According to him, a woman should not marry a man that has no work “if not you will be the work.”

He noted it is not sinful for a single lady to politely ask any man proposing marriage whether or not he has a job.

Stating that women are conceived as helpmeets, Adeboye argued only somebody who has a job can be helped.

Adeboye, who spoke through the Assistant General Overseer, (RCCG) Personnel and Administration Pastor Johnson Odesola, said the man is key and the woman has only come to help.

“Whatever the woman does is help. The man is major director in the house,” he stressed.

He stated taking care of the homes does not rest on the woman alone but the man and the woman who have come to help.

Adeboye blamed lack of proper home training for most of the ills in the society.

“I still remember when I was young. My father will tell me that this name is the name of my father. Don’t spoil the name. So I was scared to do wrong. I could not shake the hand of a lady until I was 23.

“Learning for any child should start from the home and parents should be their child first teachers.

“The wife and the husband are the main teachers who will teach and model godly character to their children,” he stated.

In his sermon, Adeboye, urged all Christians to strengthen their faith, saying there would always be storm in the lives of the believers.

Aare Ona Kakanfo of Yoruba land, Otunba Gani Adams, who was at the service argued religion, is never the problem of Nigeria.

According to him: “It is sad many people believe religion is Nigeria’s problem, but in truth, leadership, not religion is Nigeria’s problem.

“For instance, I am a Muslim by birth. I grew up from a Christian background and as the Aare Onakakanfo of Yoruba land and culture activist, I also believe in our traditional religion.”

https://www.akelicious.net/2019/05/dont-marry-jobless-men-pastor-adeboye.html

Re: Don’t Marry Jobless Men - Pastor Adeboye To Single Ladies by TANTUMERGO007(m): 4:52pm On May 05, 2019
What's he saying ....
Re: Don’t Marry Jobless Men - Pastor Adeboye To Single Ladies by DonFreshmoney(m): 4:54pm On May 05, 2019
Very foolish sermon...
Re: Don’t Marry Jobless Men - Pastor Adeboye To Single Ladies by Nokio1: 4:54pm On May 05, 2019
Jobless men dont give offering ...scores 1 :: 1 shikenaa

1 Like

Re: Don’t Marry Jobless Men - Pastor Adeboye To Single Ladies by Davash222(m): 4:57pm On May 05, 2019
But most of your congregations are jobless people. You pray for them for jobs and you also tell your girls to desist from them. What do we call this now

1 Like

Re: Don’t Marry Jobless Men - Pastor Adeboye To Single Ladies by donbachi(m): 5:01pm On May 05, 2019
As if e get companies wey him build and men no gree work.
Re: Don’t Marry Jobless Men - Pastor Adeboye To Single Ladies by sinaj(f): 5:14pm On May 05, 2019
Davash222:
But most of your congregations are jobless people. You pray for them for jobs and you also tell your girls to desist from them. What do we call this now

Oga you dey read o!

Hope you know the meaning of desist sha coz I don't see anything he said that relates to desist.
Re: Don’t Marry Jobless Men - Pastor Adeboye To Single Ladies by Nukilia: 5:41pm On May 05, 2019
Heaven help the jobless men crew grin
Re: Don’t Marry Jobless Men - Pastor Adeboye To Single Ladies by Uyi168: 6:22pm On May 05, 2019
No sane man will deliberately want to be jobless..
Na condition make crayfish bend...
And it's suicide to think about marriage when u are jobless...
The sermon was needless BTW..

(1) (Reply)

Atheism On The Decline? / Rccg June 2019 Holy Communion Service / Live Reports From COZA Church Service In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.