Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,859 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:25 PM

I'm Shooked - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / I'm Shooked (1351 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I'm Shooked by Nobody: 7:20pm On May 05, 2019
Buy a Samsung note 8 from Jumia cost 230,000 plus transport fee and to order from other countries cost way more and takes up to a Month for you to get your package

But,

To order a Samsung note 8 from Amazon cost 118,000 (from dollars to naira which the cost of dollars is 360 but they reduce it to 318) and comes with free shipping to get your package In 2days
Re: I'm Shooked by essenceplus: 7:28pm On May 05, 2019
Hahahahahaha
Re: I'm Shooked by zamanii: 8:31pm On May 05, 2019
Nigg3369:
Buy a Samsung note 8 from Jumia cost 230,000 plus transport fee and to order from other countries cost way more and takes up to a Month for you to get your package

But,

To order a Samsung note 8 from Amazon cost 118,000 (from dollars to naira which the cost of dollars is 360 but they reduce it to 318) and comes with free shipping to get your package In 2days

Lmao had this discussion with someone hereon nairaland. Jumia is not only a scam but the most useless online market that exists. Imagine items being more expensive on jumia where the sellers are in Nigeria than the likes of Ali Express and Amazon.

Nigeria is indeed a country where anything goes
Re: I'm Shooked by CCnaija: 8:43pm On May 05, 2019
zamanii:

Lmao had this discussion with someone hereon nairaland. Jumia is not only a scam but the most useless online market that exists. Imagine items being more expensive on jumia where the sellers are in Nigeria than the likes of Ali Express and Amazon.

Majority of the sellers who sell on Jumia actually import their product from aliexpress & Amazon so they have to increase the price to make profit. But the problem is that most sellers increase the price way too much.

I remember a bracelet I got from aliexpress for less than $2 way back in 2013. Then dollars was still about 2 hundred and something naira. I later saw the same bracelet on jumia for about two thousand something naira. I almost faint.
Re: I'm Shooked by zamanii: 9:59pm On May 05, 2019
CCnaija:

Majority of the sellers who sell on Jumia actually import their product from aliexpress & Amazon so they have to increase the price to make profit. But the problem is that most sellers increase the price way too much.

I remember a bracelet I got from aliexpress for less than $2 way back in 2013. Then dollars was still about 2 hundred and something naira. I later saw the same bracelet on jumia for about two thousand something naira. I almost faint.

Exactly. While I don't blame them, after all it's business and profit must be made. The price difference is usually appalling. An item that costs 70,000 on Ali with shipping fees won't be less than a 100k on jumia. Jumia needs to curtail these greedy sellers or people will ditch their platform in the nearest future.

In fact, people would have by now if not that konga don't seem serious with business. Their deliveries are usually faster and their items cheaper

2 Likes

Re: I'm Shooked by tolajay: 11:52pm On May 05, 2019
Which Konga?

Had a terrible experience with them last month.

Ordered four items, paid upfront only for them to be delivering the goods one after the other almost after a week of purchase.

The shocking part was that one week after, they called me and said the other two products I ordered were not in stock and I should add up funds to buy some other ones which are more expensive than my initially paid fee.

I was disgusted by such an act of professionalism...I couldn't muster the energy to discuss with them, I simply asked them to refund my 60K.

What nonsense! Nigerian businesses (especially e-commerce) are nothing to write home about.

zamanii:

Exactly. While I don't blame them, after all it's business and profit must be made. The price difference is usually appalling. An item that costs 70,000 on Ali with shipping fees won't be less than a 100k on jumia. Jumia needs to curtail these greedy sellers or people will ditch their platform in the nearest future.

In fact, people would have by now if not that konga don't seem serious with business. Their deliveries are usually faster and their items cheaper
Re: I'm Shooked by Nobody: 8:23am On May 06, 2019
zamanii:

Lmao Nigeria is a funny place
Re: I'm Shooked by zamanii: 8:53am On May 06, 2019
Nigg3369:

Lmao Nigeria is a funny place
As in ehn
Re: I'm Shooked by zamanii: 8:57am On May 06, 2019
tolajay:
Which Konga?

Had a terrible experience with them last month.

Ordered four items, paid upfront only for them to be delivering the goods one after the other almost after a week of purchase.

The shocking part was that one week after, they called me and said the other two products I ordered were not in stock and I should add up funds to buy some other ones which are more expensive than my initially paid fee.

I was disgusted by such an act of professionalism...I couldn't muster the energy to discuss with them, I simply asked them to refund my 60K.

What nonsense! Nigerian businesses (especially e-commerce) are nothing to write home about.

Wow, didn't know they take that long to deliver. Did you order the four items from the same seller? if they were from different sellers, they could not have been delivered at the same time. The part about adding up funds is highly unprofessional. We are in a real mess
Re: I'm Shooked by Nobody: 2:31pm On May 06, 2019
zamanii:

Wow, didn't know they take that long to deliver. Did you order the four items from the same seller? if they were from different sellers, they could not have been delivered at the same time. The part about adding up funds is highly unprofessional. We are in a real mess
Seems like it's different sellers and I think they wanted to scam him
Re: I'm Shooked by tolajay: 3:47pm On May 06, 2019
Two of the products were from the same store while the other were from different stores.

Yet, I feel it’s grossly terrible for them to be delivering one by one.

Have you heard of shipping collection or drop off centers? Why can’t they operate same? It’ll even save them more money and pitch them as organized and professional.

I buy things from China (online) from different stores, and it might interest you to know that I usually get my items in one piece here in Nigeria. If free shipping could do that, how about those who are paid to deliver?

Nigeria just has a way of celebrating mediocrity. We have a long way to trek in this country.

zamanii:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I'm Shooked by lordthree(m): 4:29pm On May 06, 2019
Nigg3369:

But,

lol have you read the comments on those Amazon refurbished phones orders lol, there was one person where they shipped a box without a phone in it. grin grin

2 Likes

Re: I'm Shooked by zamanii: 5:09pm On May 06, 2019
tolajay:
Two of the products were from the same store while the other were from different stores.

Yet, I feel it’s grossly terrible for them to be delivering one by one.

Have you heard of shipping collection or drop off centers? Why can’t they operate same? It’ll even save them more money and pitch them as organized and professional.

I buy things from China (online) from different stores, and it might interest you to know that I usually get my items in one piece here in Nigeria. If free shipping could do that, how about those who are paid to deliver?

Nigeria just has a way of celebrating mediocrity. We have a long way to trek in this country.

You set your standards too high, hence the disappointment. In Nigeria here, you prepare your mind for the worst. You order and it is never delivered, it will still look normal here
Re: I'm Shooked by zamanii: 5:10pm On May 06, 2019
Nigg3369:
Seems like it's different sellers and I think they wanted to scam him
Everybody eye red o
Re: I'm Shooked by MrBONE2(m): 11:10pm On May 06, 2019
lordthree:

lol have you read the comments on those Amazon refurbished phones orders lol, there was one person where they shipped a box without a phone in it. grin grin

it was an ancient spiritual phone,can be feel but not seen grin

1 Like

Re: I'm Shooked by Nobody: 12:22am On May 08, 2019
MrBONE2:

it was an ancient spiritual phone,can be feel but not seen grin
Phone that our village people use

(1) (Reply)

Samsung Galaxy A10s: Decent & Budget Concious / TECNO Camon 12 Review: A Good Bargain / Mediatek 5G SOC MT6885 Almost Ready For Release

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.