Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,901 members, 7,817,668 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:50 PM

Abattoirs In Yobe, Selling Meat With Blue Stamp - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Abattoirs In Yobe, Selling Meat With Blue Stamp (861 Views)

Nigerian Man Enjoys Frog Meat With Rice In Uyo (photos) / Butchers Claim Meat Of Dead, Sick Animals Not Sold In Abattoirs / Dirty Abattoirs In The South East (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abattoirs In Yobe, Selling Meat With Blue Stamp by coolthesystem(m): 8:37pm On May 05, 2019
Today, Sunday,the 5th of May, 2019 after Church service, at a place called Jerusalem in Damaturu, the Yobe state capital. A meat vendor was passing by hawking his meat, apparently targeting the congregation of Christian worshipers around the neighborhood. I beaconed at him to bring the meat he was hawking on a tray, balanced on his head. As soon as he came, I noticed that the meat had some bluish markings on it. At first, I thought it was the paper he used to cover the meat that left the marks on the meat. However, after close scrutiny, I observed that it's not.
So, when i confronted him about it, he told me and others around that it was a stamp from the abattoir. He even cautioned us not to buy any meat without stamp.
Since I have been buying meat at different spots in Yobe, I have never encountered such. I want anyone that knows about the development to further enlighten me about it, please. I was thinking that the meat was poisoned. You can see the image of the said meat here.
Please, admin help me push this to the front page for quicker response.

Re: Abattoirs In Yobe, Selling Meat With Blue Stamp by matify83: 8:40pm On May 05, 2019
Naija!!!!!!!

Why hawk meat in the first place?

2ndly, our heightend levels of suspicion and distrust is fanned by the ineptitude of our government at tackling the rising spate of insecurity in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Abattoirs In Yobe, Selling Meat With Blue Stamp by daddytime(m): 8:41pm On May 05, 2019
Hmmm

That their knife wey dey be like blade sha...scary
Re: Abattoirs In Yobe, Selling Meat With Blue Stamp by shortgun(m): 9:12pm On May 05, 2019
Don't buy ooo
Re: Abattoirs In Yobe, Selling Meat With Blue Stamp by MikeBetty(m): 10:40pm On May 05, 2019
shortgun:
Don't buy ooo
Religious Distrust Has Created Mutual Suspicion Amongst Us. I Learnt Something When I Travelled To Yobe, Nguru LGA To Be Precise. I Spent About 7 Months There. One Day I Went To The Market To Buy Meat With A Friend Who Spent More Than 3 Yrs There. I Came Across A Table Filled With Fresh And Uncooked Meat And Toothpick On It. I Wanted To Price go For It, The Guy Drew Me Out From That Table. After Buying From Another Man, I Asked Him On Our Way Back Why He Behaved Like That. He Told Me That Whenever I Saw Toothpick Or Egg On Fresh Meat I Should Not Buy It. That Such Meat Died On Its Own Not Kill. That Muslims Does Not Eat Dead Meat Such Meat. They Used Such Items As A Sign To Notify Fellow Muslims.

(1) (Reply)

Send Me! Send Me!!! All About Food / Dairy Yogurt Production Machine / So I Tried Amala, Ewedu, Kayan Ciki & Goatmeat For The First Time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.