Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,832 members, 7,851,817 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 08:38 AM

2011: My Chances Are Bright – Saraki ! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2011: My Chances Are Bright – Saraki ! (553 Views)

Okorocha With Morocco Maduka , Bright Chimezie And Others - Photos / Wike Chances Are Slim / Chances Are That Some Of You Will Be Killed By Buhari On Saturday 28 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

2011: My Chances Are Bright – Saraki ! by wales(m): 6:23am On Sep 21, 2010
Kwara State Governor Bukola Saraki has said his chances of winning his presidential nomination of the Peoples Democratic Party are bright.

The governor, who spoke to newsmen at the PDP headquarters on Monday when he came to submit his nomination form, promised to revamp the economy, if elected

Also, the former National Security Adviser to President Goodluck Jonathan, Lt.-Gen. Aliyu, submitted his nomination form on Monday.

Saraki, who also met with the National Chairman of the PDP, Dr. Okwesilieze Nwodo said, “I come here to submit my expression of interest and nomination form to contest the presidential election on the platform of PDP.”

He said being one of the presidential aspirants born after Nigeria’s independence, he had the energy and resourcefulness to move the country forward.

“I think it is a historic moment. I believe it has come to a moment in Nigeria history.

“After 50 years of independence, we are about to start another 50 years.

“We believe that some of us still have the energy, resourcefulness, capacity, ability and knowledge that we can transform Nigeria and make it more effective; do some of the things we have been able to do in our state.

“We can also address the things that matter to our people such as food productivity; and I am saying here that we have to get it done.

“It is time for our generation to step up and move Nigeria forward. I believe I have what it takes to do that and I have started the journey.

“My chances are very bright because Nigeria will decide who has the best policies. This is about what each of us can deliver to Nigerians. I am talking of what I can do for Nigerians.

“I have done things in the period of seven years as governor to transform Kwara State and make people to be proud and I believe I can do the same for Nigeria,” he said.

Saraki was accompanied by two senators and members of the House of Representatives from the state.

Also, Gusau, whose forms were marked 007 and 006 for nomination and expression of interest respectively, said he was ready for the battle ahead.

http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art201009211402890
Re: 2011: My Chances Are Bright – Saraki ! by wales(m): 6:24am On Sep 21, 2010
Saraki knew quite well that he is going no where,He is just try to seek relevance,What can he offer after 8 years of misrule in Kwara State! Even,His father(Godfather) tested his popularity and failed woefully on Nigeria contested for Presidency. How much more younger Saraki,This is just a game plan to reduce tension of installing Gbemisola after his brother. Saraki claiming to be Northerner,we should stop deceiving ourself,Geographically,Culturally,The whole of Kwara state is part of West.

(1) (Reply)

Your Majesty, The Flat Face Of The Naira / The True Picture of Things- Worth A Thousand Words. Must See! / Soyinka Emerges DFPF Party Chairman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.