Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,141 members, 7,818,432 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:36 PM

Gov. El-rufai Reveal How To End Godfatherism In Lagos Politics - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gov. El-rufai Reveal How To End Godfatherism In Lagos Politics (329 Views)

Let 2023 Be The Last Time Igbos Will Interfere In Lagos Politics - Onanuga / Why Tinubu Asked Osinbajo To Leave Lagos Politics, Relocate To Ogun — Babaleye / How To End Godfatherism In Lagos Politics – El-rufai (2) (3) (4)

(1)

Gov. El-rufai Reveal How To End Godfatherism In Lagos Politics by gist0k6: 9:08am On May 06, 2019
The Governor of Kaduna State, Mallam Nasir El-Rufai, on Saturday said he vanquished and resigned four political guardians in Kaduna State, saying the accomplishment could be imitated anyplace, including Lagos State.

El-Rufai, who contended that back up parents existed just on paper or in the brains of the general population, said the way to overcoming them was in going straightforwardly to the general population.

He, nonetheless, conceded that crushing guardians required time and diligent work.

The Kaduna State Governor talked in Ikoyi, Lagos, at an occasion sorted out by the Bridge Club labeled, “A night with His Excellency Mallam Nasir El-Rufai, Governor of Kaduna State.”

In his fundamental discourse, El-Rufai had energized the club individuals, who are agents, not too timid far from governmental issues, saying it could easily compare to profiting as awful legislative issues could wreck their organizations.

El-Rufai said Nigeria had for all time remained a nation of potential since great and skillful individuals had separated themselves from governmental issues.

In any case, amid the inquiry and answer session, a Senior Advocate of Nigeria and three-time magistrate in Lagos State, Dr. Muiz Banire, noticed that godfathers were one of the disadvantages for experts and businesspeople who should need to go into governmental issues Banire then asked El-Rufai how godfathership could be managed.

Reacting, El-Rufai stated, “Godfatherism. This is Lagos. Give me a chance to disclose to you something sir; you know, Kaduna State used to be that way.

There were three or four government officials in Kaduna that you couldn’t wind up anything except if you had them on your side. Those were the backup parents of Kaduna governmental issues, and you needed to convey them along, and you know, the three words, ‘convey them along’ mean paying them consistently.

“In any case, we picked an alternate way, and the bottom line presently is that after this decision in 2019, we have resigned every one of them; we needed to.”

El-Rufai included that the way that just a single million out of the six million enrolled voters in Lagos cast a ballot in the last broad races was a chance to end godfathers in the state.

He stated, “Here in Lagos, you have more than six million enlisted voters, just around a million cast a ballot (in 2019 general races); five million did not cast a ballot. On the off chance that I need to keep running for legislative head of Lagos, I will begin now.

I will commission an examination to know why those five million enlisted voters did not cast a ballot; where do they go on decision day? At that point, I will begin visiting them for the following four years. I will attempt and get only two million of them to come and vote in favor of me; I will crush any back up, parent. The key is to go to the general population.

read more: https://gistok.ng/gov-el-rufai-reveal-how-to-end-godfatherism-in-lagos-politics/

Re: Gov. El-rufai Reveal How To End Godfatherism In Lagos Politics by Mynd44: 9:35am On May 06, 2019

(1)

CBN Gov Flags-off Cotton Seeds Distribution In Katsina / Why Do We Pretend That We Do Not Know The Solutions / Five Bauchi Prisoners To Be Stoned To Death, 10 Face Amputation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.