Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,761 members, 7,820,649 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:48 PM

7 Of The Over 1500 Cars Destroyed In Shooting ‘fast & Furious’ Films (photos) - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 7 Of The Over 1500 Cars Destroyed In Shooting ‘fast & Furious’ Films (photos) (58645 Views)

Fire Guts Mechanic Shop In Delta, Cars Destroyed (Photos) / "Fast & Furious: Hobbs & Shaw" Some Outstanding Cars Used In The Movie / Checkout 7 Of The World’s Biggest Automobile Fairs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 7 Of The Over 1500 Cars Destroyed In Shooting ‘fast & Furious’ Films (photos) by Hector09(m): 2:36pm On May 06, 2019
No car was destroy joor all na tricks
Re: 7 Of The Over 1500 Cars Destroyed In Shooting ‘fast & Furious’ Films (photos) by ghost3040: 2:36pm On May 06, 2019
I was there live...those cars were actually destroyed.. shocked
Re: 7 Of The Over 1500 Cars Destroyed In Shooting ‘fast & Furious’ Films (photos) by maxwelloweezy(m): 2:36pm On May 06, 2019
All this car's na chicken change dem don recover all infact them don recover everything since 2011 till date

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 7 Of The Over 1500 Cars Destroyed In Shooting ‘fast & Furious’ Films (photos) by cbrezy(m): 2:36pm On May 06, 2019
ok

Re: 7 Of The Over 1500 Cars Destroyed In Shooting ‘fast & Furious’ Films (photos) by temmydee181(m): 2:39pm On May 06, 2019
Wonder when and if such movie could be produced by our own nollywood
Re: 7 Of The Over 1500 Cars Destroyed In Shooting ‘fast & Furious’ Films (photos) by Progress62(m): 2:40pm On May 06, 2019
qualityovenbake:
Na only tyres dem dey burn for Nollywood. The major objective of many producers here in Naija is to reduce production cost to its bearest minimum, Windscreen maybe shattered, dents maybe inflicted on the body of the cars. They dare not risk destroying a full/complete recent car otherwise the production cost will be high.
lol oya let's travel to 9Ja
Re: 7 Of The Over 1500 Cars Destroyed In Shooting ‘fast & Furious’ Films (photos) by uuzba(m): 2:43pm On May 06, 2019
Ibcrown:
The cost of one of the cars alone is the total production budget for three top Nollywood movies
They are making the car, selling it and people are buying.
After releasing the film, majority will watch it legally in cinemas, and the money sent back to the car manufacturers. Or it will even serve as advert for the car brand, and more people will buy that brand .

They are not making any net loss at all

1 Like

Re: 7 Of The Over 1500 Cars Destroyed In Shooting ‘fast & Furious’ Films (photos) by SuperKlean(m): 2:44pm On May 06, 2019
soberdrunk:

Don't bad mouth us!!! I have watched a Nigerian movie where they burnt a full 504 angry
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: 7 Of The Over 1500 Cars Destroyed In Shooting ‘fast & Furious’ Films (photos) by flamingREED(m): 2:44pm On May 06, 2019
Haha. And people have been shouting filmtricks since one's childhood.
Re: 7 Of The Over 1500 Cars Destroyed In Shooting ‘fast & Furious’ Films (photos) by Codes151(m): 2:45pm On May 06, 2019
Why is Dom so wicked?
Re: 7 Of The Over 1500 Cars Destroyed In Shooting ‘fast & Furious’ Films (photos) by Obanaijacom: 3:02pm On May 06, 2019
Are you normal ?

We are discussing important issues and this one is talking sex, no wait are you normal?

cvbfr4e:

see videos and pictures below

[b][/b]

1 Like

Re: 7 Of The Over 1500 Cars Destroyed In Shooting ‘fast & Furious’ Films (photos) by Nobody: 3:08pm On May 06, 2019
Nyamiri:

Corolla don damage this one mentality.

yeah toyota freak, you dont see corrolla in any movie whether its hollywood or nollywood.
Re: 7 Of The Over 1500 Cars Destroyed In Shooting ‘fast & Furious’ Films (photos) by GindoX(m): 3:15pm On May 06, 2019
[quote author=soberdrunk post=78153702]

Don't bad mouth us!!! I have watched a Nigerian movie where they burnt a full 504 angry[/quot

What's the title
Re: 7 Of The Over 1500 Cars Destroyed In Shooting ‘fast & Furious’ Films (photos) by Kakamorufu(m): 3:15pm On May 06, 2019
Piercy:
the last time someone destroyed a car in an action film in Nigeria was by saint obi and the gist was that na e car lmao who remember that film that year?
take me to mama
Re: 7 Of The Over 1500 Cars Destroyed In Shooting ‘fast & Furious’ Films (photos) by EvieP(f): 3:16pm On May 06, 2019
Chai

am chuckling headach wan kee me lemme not come and laugh
soberdrunk:

Don't bad mouth us!!! I have watched a Nigerian movie where they burnt a full 504 angry
Re: 7 Of The Over 1500 Cars Destroyed In Shooting ‘fast & Furious’ Films (photos) by daddyfreeman1(m): 3:17pm On May 06, 2019
Mtcheeeeseew.... Chicken Money
Re: 7 Of The Over 1500 Cars Destroyed In Shooting ‘fast & Furious’ Films (photos) by Lily4star(f): 3:18pm On May 06, 2019
Piercy:
the last time someone destroyed a car in an action film in Nigeria was by saint obi and the gist was that na e car lmao who remember that film that year?

Movie Title was "Take me to mama". If I can remember it was a black baby Benz
Re: 7 Of The Over 1500 Cars Destroyed In Shooting ‘fast & Furious’ Films (photos) by MrLyzzo(m): 3:20pm On May 06, 2019
Take me to mama, Mercedes Benz (Shari)
Piercy:
Re: 7 Of The Over 1500 Cars Destroyed In Shooting ‘fast & Furious’ Films (photos) by Nobody: 3:21pm On May 06, 2019
Lily4star:

Movie Title was "Take me to mama". If I can remember it was a black baby Benz

sighted lol chai that film make sense that year , that scene enter news well well , see we children that year con dey act saint obi lol I miss those years jhare
Re: 7 Of The Over 1500 Cars Destroyed In Shooting ‘fast & Furious’ Films (photos) by okonja(m): 3:21pm On May 06, 2019
qualityovenbake:
Na only tyres dem dey burn for Nollywood. The major objective of many producers here in Naija is to reduce production cost to its bearest minimum, Windscreen maybe shattered, dents maybe inflicted on the body of the cars. They dare not risk destroying a full/complete recent car otherwise the production cost will be high.

Saint Obi did it. He destroyed(bombed) his Benz 230 for his movie titled "Take me to Mama" back in 2002
Re: 7 Of The Over 1500 Cars Destroyed In Shooting ‘fast & Furious’ Films (photos) by Lily4star(f): 3:26pm On May 06, 2019
Piercy:

sighted lol chai that film make sense that year , that scene enter news well well , see we children that year con dey act saint obi lol I miss those years jhare

Now all they do is thrash, once you tune to African Magic Epic, If the ladies are not tying wrapper on the chest then the movie is yet to start, while others gather big 9ja celebrities together with clueless storylines. Phewww
Re: 7 Of The Over 1500 Cars Destroyed In Shooting ‘fast & Furious’ Films (photos) by Antoeni(m): 3:29pm On May 06, 2019
Motor wey una for give us make we take hustle for Uber
Re: 7 Of The Over 1500 Cars Destroyed In Shooting ‘fast & Furious’ Films (photos) by temmym4(m): 3:30pm On May 06, 2019
qualityovenbake:

Bros think about this, an Hollywood movie with the budget of $50 million will gross about $300million.

Now in Naija, is it the same?
spend 5 million naira to shoot a movie in Nigeria and see what u get in return... After piracy go don kill the job.

You only invest in what is profitable.
Re: 7 Of The Over 1500 Cars Destroyed In Shooting ‘fast & Furious’ Films (photos) by Dmec(m): 3:32pm On May 06, 2019
Piercy:
State of Emergency.
Re: 7 Of The Over 1500 Cars Destroyed In Shooting ‘fast & Furious’ Films (photos) by xynerise: 3:32pm On May 06, 2019
Piercy:
Take me to mama
Re: 7 Of The Over 1500 Cars Destroyed In Shooting ‘fast & Furious’ Films (photos) by PotatoSalad(m): 3:38pm On May 06, 2019
comshots:
Those cars destroyed in the movie were not real cars.
Thank you! I wanted to type this.

No movie producer or director is crazy to destroy a Lamborghini Huracan in the name of stunts lol
They use "Shells". These are just replicas of the original cars with little to nothing in the interior. The cars just have to be able to move.
They also use visual effects and CGI. No be everything you see for movie dey real. You can sit in a carton box coated in green screen materials and you'll be driving a Bugatti Chiron on computer lol.

3 Likes

Re: 7 Of The Over 1500 Cars Destroyed In Shooting ‘fast & Furious’ Films (photos) by DsilentStranger(m): 3:47pm On May 06, 2019
You never watch take me to mama, by saint obi dah year..nah the full NPF set bomb for concord benz grin grin grin grin grin the thing still burn like say nah kerosene fire
qualityovenbake:

1 Like

Re: 7 Of The Over 1500 Cars Destroyed In Shooting ‘fast & Furious’ Films (photos) by ekene101: 3:49pm On May 06, 2019
Piercy:
take me to mama,dedicated to Stella obasanjo who was the first lady then, and na regular Benz sef.
Re: 7 Of The Over 1500 Cars Destroyed In Shooting ‘fast & Furious’ Films (photos) by NotBeenPaid: 3:50pm On May 06, 2019
Piercy:

Movie Title: Take Me To Mama

Re: 7 Of The Over 1500 Cars Destroyed In Shooting ‘fast & Furious’ Films (photos) by Alexrayz(m): 3:52pm On May 06, 2019
AutoJoshNIG:
The ‘Fast and Furious‘ franchise with its series of action films have got the attention of people; especially a good number of car enthusiasts.

The franchise started way back to 2001. The stunts pulled in Fast and Furious films make the whole thing more interesting.

Crazy driving comes with a price; as the stunts got crazier, more cars were rendered unusable.

It’s no surprise that more than 1500 cars have been destroyed since the very first film, ‘The Fast and the Furious‘ (2001).

‘Fast Five’ (2011) dismissed a total of 260 cars just like that.

Around 300 to 400 cars were said to be destroyed in ‘Fast and Furious 6‘ (2013) alone. Some were ran over; got crushed; thrown down from plane and some got blown up.

‘Furious 7‘ (2015) recorded a number around 230 cars; it completely destroyed a $3.4 million Lykan HyperSport, one of the most expensive cars in the world. Universal franchise’s picture car coordinator, Dennis McCarthy, revealed this.

To save cost, some of the expensive car models featured in the films was replicas built by manufacturers or production crew just for filming purpose.

Below are some expensive cars that got destroyed in the films

Car Destroyed: 2006 Dodge Viper SRT-10

Price of car: $90,390

Film: The Fast and the Furious; Tokyo Drift (2006)

Driven by: Rich Kid Clay

Car Destroyed: 1963 Chevrolet Corvette Grand Sport

Price of car: $5 million

Film: Fast Five

Driven by: Dominic Toretto (Vin Diesel)

Car Destroyed: 1969 Dodge Charger Daytona

Price of car: $185,692

Film: Fast and Furious 6 (2013)

Driven by: Dominic Toretto

Car Destroyed: 2014 Maserati Ghibli

Price of car: $ 72,850

Film: Furious 7

Driven by: Ian Shaw (Jason Statham)

Car Destroyed: 1970 Plymouth Road Runner

Price of car: $ 94,742

Car Destroyed: 2006 Aston Martin DB9

Price of car: $155,000

Driven by: Ian Shaw (Jason Statham)

Car Destroyed: Lykan HyperSport

Price of car: $3.4 million

You can do well to add yours if you remember any

Source: https://autojosh.com/over-1500-cars-destroyed-filming/

And one of these car will sponsor all of Nollywood movies for one year

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

PHOTOS: Nigerian Made "Flying Car" Seen In Lagos Metropolis / Would You Buy This Mercedes Maybach 57 For N40 Million? / Car Driving On Three Wheels In Lagos (PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.