Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,446 members, 7,812,358 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:13 PM

Nigerian Senators Still Live In The Stone Age - Ben Bruce - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Senators Still Live In The Stone Age - Ben Bruce (11133 Views)

Bode George On Okada Ban: Sanwo-olu Acting Like Someone From Stone Age / Five Nigerian Senators Who Support Social Media Regulation / Nigerian Senators Meet With Ahmed Musa After World Cup Match In Russia. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Senators Still Live In The Stone Age - Ben Bruce by ironheart(m): 7:41am On May 07, 2019
All these while. You didn't say it until this moment
Re: Nigerian Senators Still Live In The Stone Age - Ben Bruce by JohnNgene: 7:42am On May 07, 2019
Well, the electric cars revolution is coming.
Re: Nigerian Senators Still Live In The Stone Age - Ben Bruce by Nobody: 7:46am On May 07, 2019
What has this Chairman of Twitter Affairs done for the people of his constituency
Re: Nigerian Senators Still Live In The Stone Age - Ben Bruce by Bizibi(m): 7:48am On May 07, 2019
JohnNgene:
Well, the electric cars revolution is coming.
it is only Nigerians that will make that happen.......
Re: Nigerian Senators Still Live In The Stone Age - Ben Bruce by RemiTinubu(f): 7:51am On May 07, 2019
[s]
omenkaLives:
Little wonder Bruce Lee behaves like a Neanderthal.

[/s]
trash
Re: Nigerian Senators Still Live In The Stone Age - Ben Bruce by stalingraddd(m): 7:52am On May 07, 2019
nice one, but how are we to use electric cars when there is no stable electricity

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Senators Still Live In The Stone Age - Ben Bruce by PeachtreeReside(f): 7:52am On May 07, 2019
I find it distasteful when Nigerian Politicians and ruling class talk to foreign press about our problems .

Talk to your local stations , talk to your local newspaper and blogs .

How many foreign nationals talk to our news outlets

The other time Prince Charles came to visit, our politicians lined up to report Buhari to him.

I was ashamed of our elderly politicians .

That behaviour is so so so juvenile!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Senators Still Live In The Stone Age - Ben Bruce by Hoodbilonia: 7:58am On May 07, 2019
Like say light steady
So na petrol wit diesel cars be naija problem
Ozwo
Re: Nigerian Senators Still Live In The Stone Age - Ben Bruce by Forreellinc: 8:05am On May 07, 2019
angry my frnd shut up and go eat some mbgn pussy
Re: Nigerian Senators Still Live In The Stone Age - Ben Bruce by chima4UK(m): 8:08am On May 07, 2019
goldcoinhub:
Senator Ben Murray-Bruce has accused his colleagues in the Senate of rejecting technological advancements, which he considers as a confirmation they are still living in the Stone Age.

The senator representing Bayelsa east, said Nigeria has become the laughing stock in the world because of the “inability of senators to function in the 21st century”.
A good thought from Ben Bruce.
However, the maturity of Electrical cars and charging stations depends on “electricity”.
If we can channel this energy to fight the forces that have kept this country in perpetual darkness and dependence on generating sets, I think electrical cars, charging stations and associated technologies can easily be sorted.
While speaking with BBC Pidgin, Bruce accused his colleagues of heading towards the opposite direction for rejecting a bill he sponsored on electric cars.

He said:

“Nigeria is really the laughing stock of the world because of my colleagues who cannot function in the 21st century,”

“An electric car is very efficient. Towards your driving, it tells you how many miles you have left. Full charge, about a hundred miles. You see how simple it is? But my colleagues in the senate, who are in the stone age do not understand this.

“Our politicians are moving in the opposite direction. Whether they like it or not, the world will move towards electrical cars. That is the way of the future. Combusting engine cars are inefficient, they kill people. Today, nobody in his right mind will build a factory to make combusting engine cars.

“We will end up being the dumping ground of the world because the world is moving in one direction, the Nigerian senate is moving in the opposite direction. You replace your petrol station with solar powered charging stations. Anytime you wanted to charge your car, you go to the gas station, and you charge your super charge 30 minutes, you get a hundred miles of charge. How many people drive a hundred miles, one (hundred and) fifty kilometers a day?

“Nigeria spends over a trillion naira every year subsidizing petrol. If they listen to me, they will be cautious what we have and what we can benefit from this technology. If they don’t, they will be left behind and Nigeria will be a third world country forever. So they have a choice. Either way, I win, they lose.”

See Video of The Interview
https://lailasnews.com/nigerian-senators-still-live-in-the-stone-age-ben-bruce/

Re: Nigerian Senators Still Live In The Stone Age - Ben Bruce by chima4UK(m): 8:10am On May 07, 2019
goldcoinhub:
Senator Ben Murray-Bruce has accused his colleagues in the Senate of rejecting technological advancements, which he considers as a confirmation they are still living in the Stone Age.

The senator representing Bayelsa east, said Nigeria has become the laughing stock in the world because of the “inability of senators to function in the 21st century”.

While speaking with BBC Pidgin, Bruce accused his colleagues of heading towards the opposite direction for rejecting a bill he sponsored on electric cars.

He said:

“Nigeria is really the laughing stock of the world because of my colleagues who cannot function in the 21st century,”

“An electric car is very efficient. Towards your driving, it tells you how many miles you have left. Full charge, about a hundred miles. You see how simple it is? But my colleagues in the senate, who are in the stone age do not understand this.

“Our politicians are moving in the opposite direction. Whether they like it or not, the world will move towards electrical cars. That is the way of the future. Combusting engine cars are inefficient, they kill people. Today, nobody in his right mind will build a factory to make combusting engine cars.

“We will end up being the dumping ground of the world because the world is moving in one direction, the Nigerian senate is moving in the opposite direction. You replace your petrol station with solar powered charging stations. Anytime you wanted to charge your car, you go to the gas station, and you charge your super charge 30 minutes, you get a hundred miles of charge. How many people drive a hundred miles, one (hundred and) fifty kilometers a day?

“Nigeria spends over a trillion naira every year subsidizing petrol. If they listen to me, they will be cautious what we have and what we can benefit from this technology. If they don’t, they will be left behind and Nigeria will be a third world country forever. So they have a choice. Either way, I win, they lose.”

See Video of The Interview
https://lailasnews.com/nigerian-senators-still-live-in-the-stone-age-ben-bruce/

A good thought from Ben Bruce.
However, the maturity of Electrical cars and charging stations depends on “electricity”.
If we can channel this energy to fight the forces that have kept this country in perpetual darkness and dependence on generating sets, I think electrical cars, charging stations and associated technologies can easily be sorted.
Re: Nigerian Senators Still Live In The Stone Age - Ben Bruce by mbos: 8:10am On May 07, 2019
omoadeleye:
Your colleagues are not dumb or technical illiterate, they are just trying to form clueless because most of them are relying on the oil money, bringing in electric cars will make oil revenue to their pockets fall.

Ben Bruce is trying to tell Nigerians that by 2035 there will be no big oil money again, but most Nigerians failed to understand him.

Nigeria is in a very big trouble, by 2035, most car manufacturing companies most have stopped manufacturing of petrol powered cars and most refineries in the world most have closed shop.

Electric cars took centre stage in almost all auto shows around the world in 2018.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Senators Still Live In The Stone Age - Ben Bruce by Nobody: 8:19am On May 07, 2019
Lanretoye:
he won't say this at the chambers...useless senator,as if he is living in bread age.

He presented it on the floor of the Senate. I watched the proceedings.
Re: Nigerian Senators Still Live In The Stone Age - Ben Bruce by omoadeleye(m): 8:22am On May 07, 2019
mbos:

Ben Bruce is trying to tell Nigerians that by 2035 there will be no big oil money again, but most Nigerians failed to understand him.

Nigeria is in a very big trouble, by 2035, most car manufacturing companies most have stopped manufacturing of petrol powered cars and most refineries in the world most have closed shop.

Electric cars took centre stage in almost all auto shows around the world in 2018.

If oil revenue fall because other nations stop patronising us then we will have to be buying our oil in our home and government won't be worried of any subsidies again
Re: Nigerian Senators Still Live In The Stone Age - Ben Bruce by opobo007: 8:24am On May 07, 2019
He's just being clever by half. We don't have the infrastructures to support that technology. We have to advance in many sectors before adopting electric car as a national policy. We can't power our houses enough, we need more road network to decongest our roads to properly appreciate the technology or else a full charge will only take you as far as lekki from any part of the mainland. Let me fund massive infrastructural development and catching with the rest of the world will be easy, China & Dubai have demonstrated the possibility
Re: Nigerian Senators Still Live In The Stone Age - Ben Bruce by tevinsolt: 8:26am On May 07, 2019
Many of you do not realize your country is seriously in dire need of a violent shift. The leadership of Nigeria represents the average intelligence of the larger population. Tragedy of it all is the minimal sub optimal state of existence the highly perceptive and intelligent part of the population is subjected to, knowing fully well that there's more but have no option than to endure the simplistic decisions of the duller majority. What a depressing state to be in!

Those endowed with the capacity to know.....gets it. I speak to you how long will you allow your life, your image be determined by these folks?
Re: Nigerian Senators Still Live In The Stone Age - Ben Bruce by Nobody: 8:27am On May 07, 2019
The largest concentration of educated illiterates are found in Nigeria. You find graduates with zero cognitive abilities, zero capacity to grasp, analyse and evaluate contemporary issues.

Informed minds will know that Ben Bruce is spot on .

It is so depressing sharing a geographical space with neanderthals.
Re: Nigerian Senators Still Live In The Stone Age - Ben Bruce by jaxxy(m): 8:33am On May 07, 2019
He’s right bt out of the many problems facing the country now it’s electric car that is his problem right? We will drive the electric car on our dilapidated roads and will rely on the sun for power? He must be a idiot.

U can not run when u have not learnt how to walk mr Senator.
Re: Nigerian Senators Still Live In The Stone Age - Ben Bruce by tevinsolt: 8:36am On May 07, 2019
Zionista:
The largest concentration of educated illiterates are found in Nigeria. You find graduates with zero cognitive abilities, zero capacity to grasp, analyse and evaluate contemporary issues.

Informed minds will know that Ben Bruce is spot on .

It is so depressing sharing a geographical space with neanderthals.

you will actually have an astronomically better quality of life living with Neanderthals contrary to what you think.

Non-Africans all have Neanderthal Ancestry. Makes one wonder, doesn't it?
Re: Nigerian Senators Still Live In The Stone Age - Ben Bruce by xjiggy: 8:37am On May 07, 2019
Make una no mind this fool. Ben Bruce always trying to be relevant by insinuating bullshit all the time. You don't need a biil for electric cars. In due course electric cars will start populating itself on Nigerian roads. What we need is a bill to end police brutality and a bill to stop politicians from collecting dubious pensions just for 4 years of ELECTED service and not EMPLOYED service
Re: Nigerian Senators Still Live In The Stone Age - Ben Bruce by tevinsolt: 9:05am On May 07, 2019
Best believe the excuses as to why it couldn't be done, will fill the thread. Counter-intuitively Supporting the abysmal state of existence they already have.
Re: Nigerian Senators Still Live In The Stone Age - Ben Bruce by VULCAN(m): 9:15am On May 07, 2019
You asked a question. You were given an answer and in your response you still asked the same question again.

I hope everything is OK with you??

Bizibi:
my Senator has done nothing only the one in house of reps.it is not about his business that employs people he is a senator and people would want to know what he has done as a senator.
Re: Nigerian Senators Still Live In The Stone Age - Ben Bruce by zionic(m): 9:18am On May 07, 2019
Lanretoye:
he won't say this at the chambers...useless senator,as if he is living in bread age.

NO HE ISN'T.
Re: Nigerian Senators Still Live In The Stone Age - Ben Bruce by Bizibi(m): 9:25am On May 07, 2019
VULCAN:
You asked a question. You were given an answer and in your response you still asked the same question again.

I hope everything is OK with you??

read what he asked and read my answer then rest.
Re: Nigerian Senators Still Live In The Stone Age - Ben Bruce by Horus(m): 9:29am On May 07, 2019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIgc0czAIQ4

Ben Bruce - Nigeria Cannot Run Away From The Revolution Of Electric Cars
Re: Nigerian Senators Still Live In The Stone Age - Ben Bruce by Bizibi(m): 9:35am On May 07, 2019
tevinsolt:
Best believe the excuses as to why it couldn't be done, will fill the thread. Counter-intuitively Supporting the abysmal state of existence they already have.
some of us understand what the senator is saying but I don't trust them because they are known for saying something today then do the opposite later.
Re: Nigerian Senators Still Live In The Stone Age - Ben Bruce by don4real18(m): 9:56am On May 07, 2019
Od1n:

You'd rather they use these funds for fake fuel subsidy? Same fuel you buy for N150 despite being a producing state. Later you will come out and say sun is too much. The ozone layer is near gone. Soonest, Fuel-based engines will become a thing of the past. Where will we be?
We? Not we bro grin
I will be in Canada
Re: Nigerian Senators Still Live In The Stone Age - Ben Bruce by Mpanyi: 10:31am On May 07, 2019
Ben nwa Bruce what do you want us to do with our oil? You wan make hunga kill us finish?
Re: Nigerian Senators Still Live In The Stone Age - Ben Bruce by yemex04(m): 10:34am On May 07, 2019
Do we need a kind of legislation to buy and use a kind of car in Nigeria? I think I hv seen a car that makes use of fuel and battery in this country..moreover, of what benefits is an electric car to the overall interests of Nigeria and Nigerians right now? We are currently talking of massive job creation strategies that will in turn put foods on the tables of general populace..Majority of the population are struggling to get 2 square meal a day, you are talking of electric cars? Whoever has the money to buy even a ''flying car'' should do so without making any noise about it!!
Re: Nigerian Senators Still Live In The Stone Age - Ben Bruce by tevinsolt: 11:12am On May 07, 2019
Bizibi:
some of us understand what the senator is saying but I don't trust them because they are known for saying something today then do the opposite later.
I get that. But lack of trust in the system when it comes to some matters has no bearing at all.
Why?
A careful consideration of the proposition, taking stock of pros and cons, would show that you stand to gain more than you'd loose.
Re: Nigerian Senators Still Live In The Stone Age - Ben Bruce by darkelf: 11:19am On May 07, 2019
Wantedmiller:
Ben Bruce..... let us be sincere to ourselves. There are a lot of things hanging on our shoulders as Nigerians. Right now your electric car bill is not part of it..........Youths dey streets without jobs, People are dying on daily bases, the hospitals, the Roads, the poor are getting poorer etc.
This part of our world can't enjoy stable electricity?

Sen Ben........ World developed countries got their independence so many years ago.... they actually took care of human, made life worth living for them before your yeye Electric car.

The guy is a clown. As if he isn't part of the problem.

I'm sure if we go to his constituency, we would see a mini-Nigeria in manifestation.

People are dying from environmental pollution. Farmers can't work because their land has been polluted by oil spill and this fool is talking about electric car.
Re: Nigerian Senators Still Live In The Stone Age - Ben Bruce by Mrtarabs33(m): 11:42am On May 07, 2019
rusher14:
Ben Bruce is a dunce .

He acts as if he has invested in an electric car company the way he goes about it.

Nigeria does not need to follow the rest of the world into the world of electric vehicles.

We must make.the best of what we have and we'll grow organically.
I was thinking same thing ...maybe he want to start importing electric cars.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Get Our Oil Wells Back, Oshiomhole Tells New Edo Nddc Rep / President Buhari Set To Sign Continental Free Trade Agreement.. / If Nigeria Is So Rich, Why Are Nigerians So Poor?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.