Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,788 members, 7,820,758 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:02 PM

Onnoghen: Court Gives Buhari, Acting CJN, Others 7 Days To Appear - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Onnoghen: Court Gives Buhari, Acting CJN, Others 7 Days To Appear (18108 Views)

Just In: NJC Gives Onnoghen, Acting CJN Tanko 7 Days To Respond To Petitions / Agbakoba Makes Revelation About Tanko Muhammed, Acting CJN Appointed By Buhari / Election Tribunal Members Inaugurated By Acting CJN Picked By Onnoghen – Officia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Onnoghen: Court Gives Buhari, Acting CJN, Others 7 Days To Appear by Islie: 6:44am On May 07, 2019
By John Chuks Azu

A Federal High Court in Abuja has summoned President Muhammadu Buhari, the Acting Chief Justice of Nigeria, Justice Tanko Muhammad and others to appear before the court over the removal of former CJN Walter Onnoghen. Justice Inyang Ekwo on Friday also directed members of the Federal Judicial Service Commission (FJSC), the Federal Government of the Republic of Nigeria, the Attorney General of the Federation, and the Senate to appear before the court to show cause why an order to restrain them from initiating the confirmation of the acting CJN as substantive CJN should not be made.

“I have perused the processes in the ex parte and affidavits attached. I am of the opinion that none of the prayers can be granted by ex parte application,” the judge said. A civil rights lawyer, Malcolm Omirhobo of the Omirhobo Foundation had brought an ex parte application seeking an order of the court to restrain President Muhammadu Buhari and others from initiating the confirmation of the Acting Chief Justice of Nigeria, Justice Muhammad.

Omirhobo wants the court to determine whether by sections 1(1)(2), 231(4) (a) (i)(b), 153(1) and Paragraph 21(a)(b) Part I of the Third Schedule of the 1999 Constitution, the office of the CJN was vacant as at 25th January 2019 when Justice Muhammad was sworn in as Acting CJN. He wants the court to determine whether the provisions of the Constitution contemplated the removal of the CJN, Justice Walter Onnoghen, by ex parte order of the court.

He therefore wants the court to make a declaration that, “the third defendant (Justice Muhammad) having conducted himself in a manner that cast doubt of confidence in the integrity and impartiality of the Judiciary and has made himself as tool used in the violation of the Constitution of Nigeria is not a fit and proper person to be recommended by the 2nd defendant (FJSC) to the 1st defendant (NJC), and by the 1st defendant to the 5th defendant (the President) for appointment to the office of the Chief Justice of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.” The case has been adjourned to May 13 for hearing.

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/onnoghen-court-gives-buhari-acting-cjn-others-7-days-to-appear.html

2 Likes

Re: Onnoghen: Court Gives Buhari, Acting CJN, Others 7 Days To Appear by Icon4(m): 6:53am On May 07, 2019
We are watching

Ftc de sweet walahi

1 Like

Re: Onnoghen: Court Gives Buhari, Acting CJN, Others 7 Days To Appear by jlinkd78(m): 6:55am On May 07, 2019
G
Re: Onnoghen: Court Gives Buhari, Acting CJN, Others 7 Days To Appear by faithfull18(f): 6:56am On May 07, 2019
OK.
Re: Onnoghen: Court Gives Buhari, Acting CJN, Others 7 Days To Appear by Hector09(m): 7:05am On May 07, 2019
Is justice inyang not an apc member

8 Likes

Re: Onnoghen: Court Gives Buhari, Acting CJN, Others 7 Days To Appear by LacunaJacuna(m): 7:26am On May 07, 2019
This man is gone and gone for good.

Deal with it.

13 Likes

Re: Onnoghen: Court Gives Buhari, Acting CJN, Others 7 Days To Appear by Nbote(m): 8:13am On May 07, 2019
Dem neva end dis case

1 Like

Re: Onnoghen: Court Gives Buhari, Acting CJN, Others 7 Days To Appear by Saao(m): 8:28am On May 07, 2019
LacunaJacuna:
This man is gone and gone for good.

Deal with it.
yes but Muhammad must also go, to pave way to a neutral person

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Onnoghen: Court Gives Buhari, Acting CJN, Others 7 Days To Appear by Peacecore: 8:51am On May 07, 2019
Saao:
Hmmm my brother ur faith is strong o

1 Like

Re: Onnoghen: Court Gives Buhari, Acting CJN, Others 7 Days To Appear by etrouble: 9:09am On May 07, 2019
There is only one Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces, Federal Republic of Nigeria. His name is Muhammadu Buhari. Whatever he says becomes Law. Any other group of nonentity talking gibberish is mad.

19 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Onnoghen: Court Gives Buhari, Acting CJN, Others 7 Days To Appear by davibid: 9:39am On May 07, 2019
Icon4:
We are watching

Me too ooo
Re: Onnoghen: Court Gives Buhari, Acting CJN, Others 7 Days To Appear by nurex01(m): 9:40am On May 07, 2019
grin

if you like Onnoghen click like

if you like PMB click share

72 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Onnoghen: Court Gives Buhari, Acting CJN, Others 7 Days To Appear by Nathdoug201: 9:40am On May 07, 2019
Court that have no say nor value

2 Likes

Re: Onnoghen: Court Gives Buhari, Acting CJN, Others 7 Days To Appear by ainas247: 9:41am On May 07, 2019
cool na today una just dey know say then remove am?
hyprocrite everywhere.. make una continue playing with us

Rank your business on Google
page 1, chat up now
Re: Onnoghen: Court Gives Buhari, Acting CJN, Others 7 Days To Appear by careytommy37(m): 9:41am On May 07, 2019
grin grin grin grin grin

We need a brand new constitution if we want to move forward on this country as a nation

3 Likes

Re: Onnoghen: Court Gives Buhari, Acting CJN, Others 7 Days To Appear by freemanbubble: 9:41am On May 07, 2019
Okay
Re: Onnoghen: Court Gives Buhari, Acting CJN, Others 7 Days To Appear by iffydave: 9:42am On May 07, 2019
Okay
Re: Onnoghen: Court Gives Buhari, Acting CJN, Others 7 Days To Appear by exlink10(m): 9:42am On May 07, 2019
Will they obey?
Re: Onnoghen: Court Gives Buhari, Acting CJN, Others 7 Days To Appear by WIDETHOUGHT: 9:42am On May 07, 2019
WHO'S SUMMONING THE WALKING DEAD TO COURT; SOMEBODY THAT DOESN'T OBEY RULE OF LAW.

1 Like

Re: Onnoghen: Court Gives Buhari, Acting CJN, Others 7 Days To Appear by Upton: 9:42am On May 07, 2019
etrouble:
There is only one Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces, Federal Republic of Nigeria. His name is Muhammadu Buhari. Whatever he says becomes Law. Any other group of nonentity talking gibberish is mad.
Does this make sense to you?

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Onnoghen: Court Gives Buhari, Acting CJN, Others 7 Days To Appear by Bizibi(m): 9:43am On May 07, 2019
etrouble:
that is dictatorship......

14 Likes

Re: Onnoghen: Court Gives Buhari, Acting CJN, Others 7 Days To Appear by Upton: 9:43am On May 07, 2019
I think everyone should forget this issue.
Re: Onnoghen: Court Gives Buhari, Acting CJN, Others 7 Days To Appear by Conceptman: 9:44am On May 07, 2019
and the Game of Thrones continues
Re: Onnoghen: Court Gives Buhari, Acting CJN, Others 7 Days To Appear by letitrainnow(m): 9:44am On May 07, 2019
This matter don too much!
Re: Onnoghen: Court Gives Buhari, Acting CJN, Others 7 Days To Appear by Stalwert: 9:44am On May 07, 2019
[s]
Saao:
[/s]

Must go to massage your tribalist ego

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Onnoghen: Court Gives Buhari, Acting CJN, Others 7 Days To Appear by WIDETHOUGHT: 9:45am On May 07, 2019
etrouble:
YOU NEED YOUR BRAIN TAKEN FROM YOU TO BE GIVEN THAT OF A FOWL; SO MR PRESIDENT MADE THE EMBODIMENT OF FUNDAMENTALS GOVERNING THIS SHITHOLE COUNTRY WHICH WILL MAKE ALL HE SAYS STAND. LAZY YOUTH. DON'T QUOTE ME BECAUSE I'LL SLAP YOU IF YOU DO.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Onnoghen: Court Gives Buhari, Acting CJN, Others 7 Days To Appear by BruncleZuma: 9:45am On May 07, 2019
grin grin grin grin
Re: Onnoghen: Court Gives Buhari, Acting CJN, Others 7 Days To Appear by Nobody: 9:45am On May 07, 2019
etrouble:

May Allah and Jesus Christ bless you

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Onnoghen: Court Gives Buhari, Acting CJN, Others 7 Days To Appear by BruncleZuma: 9:46am On May 07, 2019
WIDETHOUGHT:
YOU NEED YOUR BRAIN TAKEN FROM YOU TO BE GIVEN THAT OF A FOWL; SO MR PRESIDENT MADE THE EMBODIMENT OF FUNDAMENTALS GOVERNING THIS SHITHOLE COUNTRY WHICH WILL MAKE ALL HE SAYS STAND. LAZY YOUTH. DON'T QUOTE ME BECAUSE I'LL SLAP YOU IF YOU DO.

This should help you implement your threat...slap that akamu brain pikin for me.

2 Likes

Re: Onnoghen: Court Gives Buhari, Acting CJN, Others 7 Days To Appear by chiedu7: 9:47am On May 07, 2019
GoTV:

May Allah and Jesus Christ bless you

You cannot mix the 2.

It's either Jesus or allah.

I recommend Jesus, He lives and raises the dead.

As for allah, cry cry cry cry cry

7 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Bandits Kidnap Many Traders On Kaduna-Birnin Gwari Highway / Wike's Microphone And The Tinubu Connect - Osigwe Omo-Ikirodah / Attack On Ogun Tax Officials By Winners Chapel Workers (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.