Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,719 members, 7,831,292 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 04:37 PM

Tribunal Holds Inaugural Sitting On Atiku’s Petition Wednesday - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tribunal Holds Inaugural Sitting On Atiku’s Petition Wednesday (14516 Views)

Atiku’s Petition: INEC, APC Face Thursday Deadline To Respond / Tribunal Orders Service Of Atiku’s Petition On Buhari / Tribunal begins hearing on Atiku’s petition against Buhari Wednesday. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tribunal Holds Inaugural Sitting On Atiku’s Petition Wednesday by Ebullience(m): 5:06pm On May 07, 2019
Ade Adesomoju, Abuja

The Presidential Election Petitions Tribunal will hold its inaugural sitting on Wednesday, The PUNCH has confirmed on Tuesday.

As earlier exclusively reported by The PUNCH on Monday that the notice for the preliminary sitting of the tribunal would be issued this week, the PEPT issued the notice on Monday.

Our Correspondent confirmed on Tuesday that the notice was served on all the parties to the petitions, including the Independent National Electoral Commission, on Tuesday.

Others that were said to have been served through their lawyers included the All Progressives Congress, President Muhammadu Buhari, the PDP and its presidential candidate in the 2019 presidential elections, Atiku Abubakar.

The newspaper also learnt that the five-man panel that will hear the PDP‎ and Atiku’s petition is to be led by the President of the Court of Appeal.

The tribunal has three other petitions by various political parties and their candidates ‎to hear.

The PUNCH had reported on Monday that the PEPT ‎was, this week, expected to issue the notice for the pre-hearing session on the petition filed by the PDP and Atiku.

The tribunal will, during the pre-hearing session which the Electoral Act provides must be completed within 14 days, fix “clear dates” for the hearing of the petition.

The five-man tribunal has 180 days’ period from the date of filing of the petition on March 18 to hear and deliver its judgment in the case in which the petitioners said they had assembled about 400 witnesses to testify.

https://punchng.com/breaking-tribunal-holds-inaugural-sitting-on-atikus-petition-wednesday/

1 Like

Re: Tribunal Holds Inaugural Sitting On Atiku’s Petition Wednesday by maslong(m): 5:10pm On May 07, 2019
cheesy
Re: Tribunal Holds Inaugural Sitting On Atiku’s Petition Wednesday by Bonaventura(m): 5:13pm On May 07, 2019
Atiku's 400 testifiers on their way to the tribunal

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tribunal Holds Inaugural Sitting On Atiku’s Petition Wednesday by Baawaa(m): 5:14pm On May 07, 2019
Atiku don't let them fool you,they are after your money grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Tribunal Holds Inaugural Sitting On Atiku’s Petition Wednesday by dukie25: 5:16pm On May 07, 2019
Atiku about to make history.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/9340730_img20190507171010347_jpegcee0768223f9b6912578029c376ce1a9

Buhari the Recessionist should be parking his luggages already.
The Dullard is running Nigeria aground.

The guy bellow me makes me wanna puke. Tufiakwa!

48 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tribunal Holds Inaugural Sitting On Atiku’s Petition Wednesday by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:16pm On May 07, 2019
DEAD ON ARRIVAL!

SAI BABA, Our darling President till we are ready to say,
'Daddy, you can now go and rest'.
Thanks for coming sir.
Thanks for putting our country back on the right track.
God bless our President MUHAMMADU BUHARI and his amiable Vice president Prof Yemi OSIBANJO.
God bless Nigeria.

28 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Tribunal Holds Inaugural Sitting On Atiku’s Petition Wednesday by IjebuWarrior: 5:16pm On May 07, 2019
cool
Re: Tribunal Holds Inaugural Sitting On Atiku’s Petition Wednesday by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:16pm On May 07, 2019
Dannyset:
Jokoli Abubakar about to cry and count his losses. grin
Atiku Frimpong Mboma you mean?! cheesy wink angry
Baawaa:
Atiku don't let them fool you,they are after your money grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Lol cheesy

8 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Tribunal Holds Inaugural Sitting On Atiku’s Petition Wednesday by Dannyset(m): 5:16pm On May 07, 2019
Jokoli Abubakar about to cry and count his losses. grin

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tribunal Holds Inaugural Sitting On Atiku’s Petition Wednesday by 9jadove(m): 5:18pm On May 07, 2019
Hmmmmm
Re: Tribunal Holds Inaugural Sitting On Atiku’s Petition Wednesday by egojiokwu(m): 5:22pm On May 07, 2019
Ok

13 Likes

Re: Tribunal Holds Inaugural Sitting On Atiku’s Petition Wednesday by Okostan(m): 5:24pm On May 07, 2019
We are waiting to see what is going to play out[color=#006600][/color]

1 Like

Re: Tribunal Holds Inaugural Sitting On Atiku’s Petition Wednesday by tellwisdom: 5:25pm On May 07, 2019
Buhari is going for sure...bookmark this comment

15 Likes

Re: Tribunal Holds Inaugural Sitting On Atiku’s Petition Wednesday by EdoBoyJazzie: 5:32pm On May 07, 2019
I see Atiku winning this one. Too much evidence na.

9 Likes

Re: Tribunal Holds Inaugural Sitting On Atiku’s Petition Wednesday by Beulah77: 5:33pm On May 07, 2019
Baawaa:

Thank God it is not your money you idiot zombie

7 Likes

Re: Tribunal Holds Inaugural Sitting On Atiku’s Petition Wednesday by BlackfireX: 5:33pm On May 07, 2019
When buhari lost to yaradua and Jonathan.... The man went to tribunal till supreme court, nobody cajoled him, but Atiku is doing same...

Yoruba Moslems and educated illiterate are here disgracing there linage..

People that doesn't respect, very hypocritical.

8 Likes

Re: Tribunal Holds Inaugural Sitting On Atiku’s Petition Wednesday by Dannyset(m): 5:37pm On May 07, 2019
post=78188248:

Atiku Frimpong Mboma you mean?! cheesy wink angry

cheesy

Yes..the plebisciteous indigene of Adamawa North.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tribunal Holds Inaugural Sitting On Atiku’s Petition Wednesday by Mitsurugi(m): 5:37pm On May 07, 2019
post=78188239:
DEAD ON ARRIVAL!

Thanks for coming sir.
God bless our President MUHAMMADU BUHARI and his amiable Vice president Prof Yemi OSIBANJO.
God bless Nigeria.

Why do I have this feeling you don't voice this out in public? undecided

8 Likes

Re: Tribunal Holds Inaugural Sitting On Atiku’s Petition Wednesday by Nobody: 5:38pm On May 07, 2019
Inaugural sitting is on Wednesday?

So all this motion and counter-motions between the PDP and the APC that we have been reading here, where have they been filing and arguing it?

At the Lawn Tennis Court?

Gather here if you don't understand like moi.

4 Likes

Re: Tribunal Holds Inaugural Sitting On Atiku’s Petition Wednesday by hrykanu231(m): 5:43pm On May 07, 2019
post=78188239:
DEAD ON ARRIVAL!

Thanks for coming sir.
God bless Nigeria.

Putting the country on the part of nepotism, unimaginable hatred/division, poverty Hqtrs of the world and blatant abuse of the rule of law, is the right track now?

7 Likes

Re: Tribunal Holds Inaugural Sitting On Atiku’s Petition Wednesday by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:45pm On May 07, 2019
Dannyset:

Yes..the plebisciteous indigene of Adamawa North.
Hehehehe wink cheesy.
....and another one.......

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Tribunal Holds Inaugural Sitting On Atiku’s Petition Wednesday by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:46pm On May 07, 2019
Mitsurugi:

Why do I have this feeling you don't voice this out in public? undecided
Who cares about whatever you feel young boy?!
Feelings slap u dia!

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Tribunal Holds Inaugural Sitting On Atiku’s Petition Wednesday by vacanci: 5:48pm On May 07, 2019
dukie25:
Atiku about to make history.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/9340730_img20190507171010347_jpegcee0768223f9b6912578029c376ce1a9

Buhari the Recessionist should be parking his luggages already.
The Dullard is running Nigeria aground.

The guy bellow me makes me wanna puke. Tufiakwa!

The case is not how Nigeria is run, whether aground or not.

Its about the looser and the winner of the last election

1 Like

Re: Tribunal Holds Inaugural Sitting On Atiku’s Petition Wednesday by Mitsurugi(m): 5:50pm On May 07, 2019
post=78189060:

Who cares about whatever you feel young boy?!
Feelings slap u dia!

Exactly! Your true nature grin Brutish, Nasty and Short, the Hobbesian example of an irrational low thinking Nigerian Buharist. Adesina would be proud. I've never rated your intelligence. You just showed me it wasn't worth it. For all your angst I feel your pain, the yesteryears dealt poorly with you. Happy grilling!

5 Likes

Re: Tribunal Holds Inaugural Sitting On Atiku’s Petition Wednesday by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:51pm On May 07, 2019
Mitsurugi:

Exactly! Your true nature grin Brutish, Nasty and Short, the Hobbesian example of an irrational low thinking Nigerian Buharist. Adesina would be proud. I've never rated your intelligence. You just showed me it wasn't worth it. For all your angst I feel your pain, the yesteryears dealt poorly with you. Happy grilling!
Reply them once and they come up with more SLOWNESS to bring out the hatred in their hearts for the president of everyone in their family, that they cannot do anything about!
So that is why it is ALWAYS good to ignore them outrightly so they won't infect you with their bitterness.

Let us go back to Rule 2 in life : Always ignore LOSERS!

Talk to the hands henceforth.......

5 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Tribunal Holds Inaugural Sitting On Atiku’s Petition Wednesday by magzey: 5:52pm On May 07, 2019
tellwisdom:
Buhari is going for sure...bookmark this comment
Even before election this has been your fake claim, our eyes don shine .sai Baba Till 2023 grin grin grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tribunal Holds Inaugural Sitting On Atiku’s Petition Wednesday by Chukwurah003: 5:55pm On May 07, 2019
DOA. We rejected Atiku and we will keep rejecting him no matter he does. God bless Nigeria!

3 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (Reply)

Buhari Under Fire Over Nation’s Oil Sector’s Woes / Peter Obi: Hold Me Responsible If I Don’t Change Nigeria / APC To INEC: We Demand To Know The total Number Of Eligible Voters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.