Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,228 members, 7,818,773 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:25 AM

Insecurity:Emir Of Katsina Laments ‘I have not seen this kind of country'. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Insecurity:Emir Of Katsina Laments ‘I have not seen this kind of country'. (1473 Views)

Tell Your Husband To Address Hunger, Insecurity - Emir Of Kano To Remi Tinubu / Insecurity: Emir Of Daura Cancels sallah Celebration In Emirate / More Video: Buhari Arrival At Home State Of Katsina For APC Rally (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Insecurity:Emir Of Katsina Laments ‘I have not seen this kind of country'. by KEVIND: 7:08pm On May 07, 2019
President Muhammadu Buhari’s agriculture sector initiatives may yield no success if the insecurity devastating Nigeria’s northwest persists, the Emir of Katsina, Abdulmumini Usman, suggested on Monday.

According to Daily Trust, the Emir told the Minister for Agriculture, Audu Ogbe, that farmers and herdsmen who are the target beneficiaries of government initiatives have abandoned their farms and herds as killings and kidnappings spiral in the region, which includes Katsina, Mr Buhari’s home state.

Mr Ogbe was in the Katsina palace, alongside the Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria, Godwin Emefiele, ahead of the national launch of the distribution of cotton seeds/inputs to farmers for the 2019 planting season, the newspaper reported.

But the Emir seized the moment to lament the level of insecurity in the region, which appears to be deteriorated as the so-called bandits continue to kidnap and kill from Abuja-Kaduna highway to rural communities across the northwest.

There are no reliable statistics on the incidents but Punch newspaper reported that 41 persons were killed last week in Zamfara State alone and reports of kidnappings and killings in other states, including Kaduna, feature in the dailies almost every day.

“Every day I receive reports of kidnapping and killings from the district and village heads,” the Emir said, as reported by Daily Trust.

Speaking to the visiting minister, he said: “Tell the president that we have to take care of our people, security first. All these programmes, as good as they are, cannot be (successful) without security. Security is first and fundamental.

He continued: “What are you to gain by killing, kidnapping people? It’s very unfortunate. I have not seen this kind of country; how do we live like animals? Three days ago, Magaji Gari (of Daura emirate council) was abducted. Nobody is safe now, whether in your house or road, wherever you are.

“What we want you to do for us is to stop the fight. Many people have deserted, abandoned their farms in fear of kidnapping and killings and other atrocities. It’s very unfortunate.”

Although there is an ongoing military operation to restore calm in the northwest, the region has remained troubled. Daily Trust had previously reported that Nigerians in Katsina were fleeing to the neighbouring Niger Republic to escape the persistent attacks.

The northwest is the latest addition to Nigeria’s regions where conflicts have risen beyond the police constabulary role and required military deployment.

Others are the oil-rich Niger Delta, the Middle Belt or north-central which is affected by the herdsmen-farmers’ conflicts and the northeast that is ravaged by the Boko Haram terrorism.

In the past week, federal lawmakers in both the Senate and House of Representatives lamented the worsening insecurity in the region. Between April 11 and last Thursday, the Reps twice summoned Mr Buhari over the crisis.

The motion leading to the latest summon last Thursday was sponsored by a lawmaker from Mr Buhari’s Katsina home state, Ahmed Safana.

“For the last one year, Wallahi, I can’t go to my village and sleep,” one lawmaker Adamu Chika said during Thursday’s proceedings. Overwhelmed by emotion, the lawmaker wept as he asked: “Mr Speaker, where are we going?”

At the time, the president was in the United Kingdom on a “private visit”. On his arrival on Sunday, after 10 days, he appeared to be trivialising the insecurity when asked if the public should expect a new strategy.

“No. I have just seen the IG, I think he is losing weight. I think he is working very hard,” he replied, referring to the police insepctor general.

His lighthearted response to a deadly crisis many Nigerians believe should be considered a national emergency, sparked outrage.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/328763-insecurity-emir-of-katsina-laments-about-this-kind-of-country-sends-minister-to-buhari.html

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Insecurity:Emir Of Katsina Laments ‘I have not seen this kind of country'. by Optional09: 7:14pm On May 07, 2019
Gbe body e
Re: Insecurity:Emir Of Katsina Laments ‘I have not seen this kind of country'. by BuhariAdvocate: 7:18pm On May 07, 2019
Misplaced of priority. Employment is the answer.
Re: Insecurity:Emir Of Katsina Laments ‘I have not seen this kind of country'. by Racoon(m): 8:01pm On May 07, 2019
Speaking to the visiting minister, he said : “Tell the president that we have to take care of our people, security first. All these programmes, as good as they are, cannot be (successful) without security. Security is first and fundamental.

............I have not seen this kind of country; how do we live like animals? Three days ago, Magaji Gari (of Daura emirate council) was abducted. Nobody is safe now, whether in your house or road, wherever you are.What we want you to do for us is to stop the fight.
Karma!

1 Like

Re: Insecurity:Emir Of Katsina Laments ‘I have not seen this kind of country'. by Racoon(m): 8:02pm On May 07, 2019
[s]
BuhariAdvocate:
[/s]And hope you still recall that more than 22M Nigerians have lost jobs in the last 4years under the Buhari govt?

So you now agree that the unproductive president have not also provide employment for Kastina indigenes?
Guess Change & next level are here? Abeg enjoy it to the fullest.Una never chimchomtin.

4 Likes

Re: Insecurity:Emir Of Katsina Laments ‘I have not seen this kind of country'. by bastardmod: 10:11pm On May 07, 2019
This is answered prayer, may God reward terror to all terrorists
Re: Insecurity:Emir Of Katsina Laments ‘I have not seen this kind of country'. by Warship: 10:34pm On May 07, 2019
When God wants to avenge the python dance that took place in one's home under the instruction of a jihadist, He God will use the brothers and sisters of the jihadist to inflict pain on the supporters of the jihadist.

He be like say, the God of Biafra don begin dey flog Buhari's people oooo

After python dance, North West security just collapsed.

Something strange is happening.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Insecurity:Emir Of Katsina Laments ‘I have not seen this kind of country'. by bastardmod: 10:35pm On May 07, 2019
kiss
Warship:
When God wants to avenge the python dance that took place in one's home under the instruction of a jihadist, He God will use the brothers and sisters of the jihadist to inflict pain on the supporters of the jihadist.

He be like say, the God of Biafra don begin dey flog Buhari's people oooo
Re: Insecurity:Emir Of Katsina Laments ‘I have not seen this kind of country'. by mushystuff: 11:18pm On May 07, 2019
BuhariAdvocate:

Where are you from and who did this thing to you? Oya how has the one you advocate for performed in terms of providing employment? The so called agricultural revolution, is it not the same farmers n herders that the Emir says have fled abandoning farms n livestock due to the unbridled insecurity?

U dey try o!

3 Likes

Re: Insecurity:Emir Of Katsina Laments ‘I have not seen this kind of country'. by BuhariAdvocate: 11:21pm On May 07, 2019
mushystuff:

Where are you from and who did this thing to you? Oya how has the one you advocate for performed in terms of providing employment? The so called agricultural revolution, is it not the same farmers n herders that the Emir says have fled abandoning farms n livestock due to the unbridled insecurity?

U dey try o!
the real fact is that your brain is under your foot otherwise you will not talking trash here.
Re: Insecurity:Emir Of Katsina Laments ‘I have not seen this kind of country'. by lastmessenger: 11:27pm On May 07, 2019
BuhariAdvocate:
and again encourage your people to stop bearing children like pigs.

2 Likes

Re: Insecurity:Emir Of Katsina Laments ‘I have not seen this kind of country'. by BuhariAdvocate: 11:30pm On May 07, 2019
lastmessenger:
and again encourage your people to stop bearing children like pigs.
As an outsider, what do you think of the human race?
Re: Insecurity:Emir Of Katsina Laments ‘I have not seen this kind of country'. by bishopkay: 11:36pm On May 07, 2019
This is an own goal Sanusi. BTW I am yet to hear about the $20B and $10B you cried was missing then under GEJ.

You enjoyed your 5 mins of fame when you brought down a good man. Now enjoy the rest of your days in woes while gandollar also lits your ass on fire from the back by his attempt to remove you or destroy your power

1 Like

Re: Insecurity:Emir Of Katsina Laments ‘I have not seen this kind of country'. by lastmessenger: 11:36pm On May 07, 2019
BuhariAdvocate:
As an outsider, what do you think of the human race?

The human race should live quality life. We can never achieve that by bearing children like pigs and then perform poorer than pigs in taking care of the children. The almajiri system is the most devilish thing ever in the history of mankind.

1 Like

Re: Insecurity:Emir Of Katsina Laments ‘I have not seen this kind of country'. by BuhariAdvocate: 12:00am On May 08, 2019
lastmessenger:
The human race should live quality life. We can never achieve that by bearing children like pigs and then perform poorer than pigs in taking care of the children. The almajiri system is the most devilish thing ever in the history of mankind.
would you please tell me the meaning of almajiri? However are you saying those bandits
are living a quality life that's why they killing people.
Re: Insecurity:Emir Of Katsina Laments ‘I have not seen this kind of country'. by mushystuff: 12:23am On May 08, 2019
BuhariAdvocate:
would you please tell me the meaning of almajiri? However are you saying those bandits

See reasoning na! U dey try! As per new baby advocate you are asking the meaning of almajiri?
Re: Insecurity:Emir Of Katsina Laments ‘I have not seen this kind of country'. by lastmessenger: 12:37am On May 08, 2019
BuhariAdvocate:
you know the meaning of almajiri and I don't have to explain it to you. The consequences of almajiri is bokoharam and banditry. A child raised without mother's and fathers care and love will end up a terrorist or a bandit
Re: Insecurity:Emir Of Katsina Laments ‘I have not seen this kind of country'. by 9jabull: 12:54am On May 08, 2019
Katsina state should live with their brothers herdsmen terrorist, as Buhari wished Benue people.

What did you expect from adullard, incompetent & yam head man,.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Twitter VAR Exposes Investigative Journalist "Rice" Dirty Water Lies / Colour Blindness Or ! Why Do We Call Ourselves “BLACKS” And Proud About It ? / Gov. Wike Should Be Called To Order, He Is Destroying The Economy Of The State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.