Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,433 members, 7,843,319 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 10:51 PM

Be Contented With Whatsoever You Have - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Be Contented With Whatsoever You Have (280 Views)

Be Contented / "Whatsoever He Saith To You, Do It"! - Mary, Mother Of Jesus. / Be Contented (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Be Contented With Whatsoever You Have by Nobody: 7:29pm On May 07, 2019
Good morning Beloved

Be content with whatsoever you have

Hebrews 13:5 Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.

Beloved, the Lord seek that we are satisfied with whatsoever He has given unto us. Do not covet another man's possession.

What do you have currently?
What can you afford at the moment?

Be content. Lack of contentment led Eve to eat the Fruit of the Knowledge of good and evil. The whole of the Garden of Eden was for both of them (Adam and Eve) but they were not contented. Beloved, it is possible for a man to have much goods and possession but still seek another man's possession (Read 1 Kings 21). This is lack of satisfaction and the end product is Sin.

1 Timothy 6:6 But godliness with contentment is great gain.

There is a reason Beloved for you being in this state, it is a process of building up, training and moulding you. You don't have much now but the little you have, be contented with it. The Lord GOD has promised never to leave nor forsake you. Be patient and work hard and the Lord GOD will work out great things for you more than your imagination.

It was covetousness which led Gehazi to run after Naaman for material possession and lied that Elisha asked for it when Elisha did not do that. Covetousness breeds many sins: lying, jealousy, envy, malice, stealing and many more.

Beloved, let your daily life be void of covetousness.

Where has GOD placed you Beloved?
Are many of your friends ahead of you in terms of material possession?

Beloved, that little you can afford, be content with it, don't seek to own what they have because when you seek such, you may be tempted to sin.

Beloved, in all things give thanks to GOD.

Lord GOD, I thank you for this stage I am, I know that you are working greater things for me for you said in your word, "I know the thought I have towards you, thought of good and not of evil, to give you an expected end", you said you will not leave nor forsake me, Lord I believe in your word because it never fails.

This should be your confession on a daily basis. Lack of contentment brings about murmuring and complaints like the people of Israel did in the wilderness. Forsake complaining and always give thanks to GOD.

1 Thessalonians 5:18 In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.

In every thing: both good and bad situations(in all situations) always give thanks and do not complain, murmur or covet.

Beloved, I can't exhaust the consequence of covetousness. King Ahab coveted Naboth's vineyard and because Naboth refused to give him, his wife Jezebel plotted to kill him and Naboth was killed because of another man's covetousness and lack of satisfaction with he has (1 Kings 21). Many youth go into scamming others, thefts, arm robbery, money rituals because of covetousness. If all humanity is contented with whatsoever we have, the world will be without corruption and the world will be a better place.

Beloved, be contented with whatsoever you have. Great things are ahead of you, just work hard, do what is needful, trust GOD and the process and you shall attain. Without contentment, you can't live like Christ.

Do you want to live a godly life?

Beloved, be contented with whatsoever you have.

The grace of the Lord GOD be with you.

GOD bless you.

Shalom.

#AcceptChrist
#LiveforChrist
Re: Be Contented With Whatsoever You Have by desiredhome: 8:13pm On May 07, 2019
This is the real message of Christ (Christians) but unfortunately the demon have replaced this with the message of prosperity, covetousness, greed.........
The Bible say in
2 Timothy 4:3
The apostle Paul wrote a warning for the church: “The time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear

Those with “itching ears” only want teachers who will assure them that all is well, teachers who say, “Peace, peace . . . when there is no peace” (Jeremiah 6:14). Where there is a demand for something, the suppliers are not far away. Paul says that not only will there be great demand for watered-down, personalized messages, but there will be “a great number of teachers” willing to provide such pap and steer people away from “sound doctrine.”
They have refused to realized that the devil controls everything in this world, only the greedy ones falls victim,
But the truth is, the Scripture must be fulfilled.

(1) (Reply)

Lionel Messi's Case Similar To Jesus Plight / 666 Is A Number Not A Mark - Wilfred Grace / Holiness Is Key

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.