Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,249 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:26 AM

"Ocean Has Destroyed Our Houses In Ilaje, Ondo, People Fleeing" - Man Cries - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "Ocean Has Destroyed Our Houses In Ilaje, Ondo, People Fleeing" - Man Cries (47779 Views)

We Will Buy Guns For Ondo People If Terrorists’ Attacks Continue - Akeredolu / Has he Prophecy Of Dipping The Book Inside The Ocean Has Been Fulfilled ?? / Ondo People Have Abandoned Their Farms To Avoid Being Killed By Fulani Herdsmen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Ocean Has Destroyed Our Houses In Ilaje, Ondo, People Fleeing" - Man Cries by tendingNews: 12:18am On May 08, 2019
A Twitter user, Ademi @AdemiSr has shared a video showing how 'ocean' sacked the community members, destroyed houses and other structures in Ilaje LGA in Ondo State.

The person speaking in the video blamed Chevron for their plight and also cursed the people responsible for their plight.

Ademi who shared the video wrote:

"Hi everyone

If this video gets to your TL please Retweet

My people in Ilaje local government area of ONDO STATE are suffering, they've been neglected by both the federal and state government. Sea has encroached our land

Kindly RT please."

See more

Watch the video

Source: http://www.thefamousnaija.com/2019/05/sea-encroaches-ilaje-ondo-destroys.html?m=1

1 Share

Re: "Ocean Has Destroyed Our Houses In Ilaje, Ondo, People Fleeing" - Man Cries by tendingNews: 12:18am On May 08, 2019
Watch the video HERE

1 Like

Re: "Ocean Has Destroyed Our Houses In Ilaje, Ondo, People Fleeing" - Man Cries by tendingNews: 12:19am On May 08, 2019
Watch the shocking video HERE

Re: "Ocean Has Destroyed Our Houses In Ilaje, Ondo, People Fleeing" - Man Cries by technuel: 4:17am On May 08, 2019
Op correct your title Sea not see before these Oversabi Grammarians wakes up from sleep.

29 Likes

Re: "Ocean Has Destroyed Our Houses In Ilaje, Ondo, People Fleeing" - Man Cries by Nobody: 5:20am On May 08, 2019
How do you blame Chevron for your plight on the sea encroaching on your land.

Wait... Chevron sent the sea to encroach on your land?

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Ocean Has Destroyed Our Houses In Ilaje, Ondo, People Fleeing" - Man Cries by Jakumo(m): 5:25am On May 08, 2019
Rising sea levels are NOT the result of oil exploration, but are rather the effects of global warming, and the melting polar ice-caps, which in turn add massive volumes of water to the planet's seas and oceans.

Sadly, it is only going to get worse, such that many areas of Lagos and other coastal cities world-wide, will, over the coming decade, be lost to the sea.

83 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "Ocean Has Destroyed Our Houses In Ilaje, Ondo, People Fleeing" - Man Cries by respect80(m): 7:37am On May 08, 2019
technuel:
Op correct your title Sea not see before these Oversabi Grammarians wakes up from sleep.

Are you talking about the prebendal forces on nairaland who derive their joy by satirically and sardonically hijacking the grammatical misconstrue in every write up while leaving the purposeful and aspirational concept of the message behind
Hakuna-matata and remain unperturbed and watch how they will awake to uncork their grammatical puissance like the rattle of an AK49 to further reveal and uncloak the OPs grammatical misknow

As for the people of ondo, I share your plight and sincerely hope that the government lends a listening ear to your situation before the denuding force of the ocean exceed its threatening zone to send you all to the digestive system of aquatic inhabitants. God forbid!!!

Abeggg na joke o. I'm not one of them o grin

46 Likes 5 Shares

Re: "Ocean Has Destroyed Our Houses In Ilaje, Ondo, People Fleeing" - Man Cries by etrouble: 8:35am On May 08, 2019
So, is it government that told the Sea to overrun its bank? Why are you people living on the Sea? Other humans all over the world live on the land, why are you living on the Sea? Tell government to find land for you and live, stop disturbing the Sea before Mammy Water and Pappy Water come and swallow you all.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Ocean Has Destroyed Our Houses In Ilaje, Ondo, People Fleeing" - Man Cries by Larwin(m): 9:10am On May 08, 2019
sad
Re: "Ocean Has Destroyed Our Houses In Ilaje, Ondo, People Fleeing" - Man Cries by Jakumo(m): 11:54am On May 08, 2019
etrouble:
So, is it government that told the Sea to overrun its bank? Why are you people living on the Sea? Other humans all over the world live on the land, why are you living on the Sea? Tell government to find land for you and live, stop disturbing the Sea before Mammy Water and Pappy Water come and swallow you all.

The Ilaje people are fishermen by trade, and that is why they live by the sea.

If you would prefer that they live with you in Abuja, please post your address here, so that they can all move in with you, and commute by air to Lagos on a daily basis, at your expense.

47 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Ocean Has Destroyed Our Houses In Ilaje, Ondo, People Fleeing" - Man Cries by BlackfireX: 12:10pm On May 08, 2019
You have not seen anything yet....
Re: "Ocean Has Destroyed Our Houses In Ilaje, Ondo, People Fleeing" - Man Cries by etrouble: 12:57pm On May 08, 2019
Jakumo:

The Ilaje people are fishermen by trade, and that is why they live by the sea.

If you would prefer that they live with you in Abuja, please post your address here, so that they can all move in with you, and commute by air to Lagos on a daily basis, at your expense.

Whitemen too fish, despite that they don't live on the Sea. Goatluck Jonathan too is a fisherman, still he does not live on the Sea. Only Mammy Water children live on/in the Sea.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Ocean Has Destroyed Our Houses In Ilaje, Ondo, People Fleeing" - Man Cries by Nobody: 1:05pm On May 08, 2019
etrouble:

Whitemen too fish, despite that they don't live on the Sea. Goatluck Jonathan too is a fisherman, still he does not live on the Sea. Only Mammy Water children live on/in the Sea.

You can't compare these people with whites who have more mechanised fish faming tools. These people have to go to sea at dawn like 4 am, do you expect them to live far off from the sea.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Ocean Has Destroyed Our Houses In Ilaje, Ondo, People Fleeing" - Man Cries by Jakumo(m): 3:13pm On May 08, 2019
etrouble:

Taking your definition of "White Men" to encompass all non-African races, It would be educative to read your thoughts regarding these pictured "White People" who live IN the sea, and not just on its edge like the Ilaje, Izon, Urhobo - Nigeria's disparate, yet inter-related traditional fishing and maritime tribal groups.

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "Ocean Has Destroyed Our Houses In Ilaje, Ondo, People Fleeing" - Man Cries by SLAP44: 3:17pm On May 08, 2019
grin

oyatz
jrusky
Metaphysical
omenkalives
lazygold
Westbestside,

how far? grin

1 Like

Re: "Ocean Has Destroyed Our Houses In Ilaje, Ondo, People Fleeing" - Man Cries by SLAP44: 3:25pm On May 08, 2019
Anambralstson, come and see where the see is sweeping Ogun state away and there no Joe Igbokwe to wail for them.

SW governors are just useless.

1 Like

Re: "Ocean Has Destroyed Our Houses In Ilaje, Ondo, People Fleeing" - Man Cries by SLAP44: 3:26pm On May 08, 2019
Every resources that should have been used to better re environment of SW is sent to Tinubu who will box it in bullion vans and send up north, while our SW brothers suffer.

1 Like

Re: "Ocean Has Destroyed Our Houses In Ilaje, Ondo, People Fleeing" - Man Cries by oyatz(m): 3:32pm On May 08, 2019
Ocean surges and flooding of coastal communities are occurring at an alarming rates all over the World due to the effects of Climate change.

SLAP44:
grin

oyatz
jrusky
Metaphysical
omenkalives
lazygold
Westbestside,

how far? grin

1 Like

Re: "Ocean Has Destroyed Our Houses In Ilaje, Ondo, People Fleeing" - Man Cries by SLAP44: 3:36pm On May 08, 2019
oyatz:
Ocean surges and flooding of coastal communities are occurring at an alarming rates all over the World due to the effects of Climate change.

The government of most yoruba states are useless!

Later I will hear of how Adenuga, Osinbajo and obasanjo are billionaire while the sea wants to carry his people into the ocean.

What kind of stingy government is that?

9 Likes

Re: "Ocean Has Destroyed Our Houses In Ilaje, Ondo, People Fleeing" - Man Cries by SLAP44: 3:38pm On May 08, 2019
oyatz:

And land slides are caused by what? Better leave lagos and go check your maternal family if they are not floating on water o

1 Like

Re: "Ocean Has Destroyed Our Houses In Ilaje, Ondo, People Fleeing" - Man Cries by oyatz(m): 3:39pm On May 08, 2019
What you are saying is irrelevant to my post.

Go and look for your mates with whom you can be doing inter-tribal bashing, i am far more educated, urbane and intelligent for that level.

SLAP44:

The government of most yoruba states are useless!

Later I will hear of how Adenuga, Osinbajo and obasanjo are billionaire while the sea wants to carry his people into the ocean.

What kind of stingy government is that?

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Ocean Has Destroyed Our Houses In Ilaje, Ondo, People Fleeing" - Man Cries by jrusky(m): 3:41pm On May 08, 2019
SLAP44:
grin

oyatz
jrusky
Metaphysical
omenkalives
lazygold
Westbestside,

how far? grin

Pls why pasting my username? Any problem? Do I have issue with you?

1 Like

Re: "Ocean Has Destroyed Our Houses In Ilaje, Ondo, People Fleeing" - Man Cries by SLAP44: 3:43pm On May 08, 2019
oyatz:
What you are saying is irrelevant to my post.

Go and look for your mates with whom you can be doing inter-tribal bashing, i am far more educated, urbane and intelligent for that level.

You must also be very "suffersticated" too.

The other day you were running around like a headless chicken on the other thread about Joe Igbokwe, and two days later your own region is facing a bigger environmental disaster and you want to claim educated?

Educated bigot.

2 Likes

Re: "Ocean Has Destroyed Our Houses In Ilaje, Ondo, People Fleeing" - Man Cries by SLAP44: 3:48pm On May 08, 2019
jrusky:

Pls why pasting my username? Any problem? Do I have issue with you?

You do have issues with me jrusky, how can we console the man wailing his heart out over there that the ocean is carrying away yorubaland?

1 Like

Re: "Ocean Has Destroyed Our Houses In Ilaje, Ondo, People Fleeing" - Man Cries by LazyGold(m): 3:54pm On May 08, 2019
SLAP44:
Every resources that should have been used to better re environment of SW is sent to Tinubu who will box it in bullion vans and send up north, while our SW brothers suffer.

Well it your time to Wail, Wail until satisfaction

1 Like

Re: "Ocean Has Destroyed Our Houses In Ilaje, Ondo, People Fleeing" - Man Cries by LazyGold(m): 3:55pm On May 08, 2019
SLAP44:

Well it your time to Wail, Wail until satisfaction

This is a natural cause, hurricane happens in USA all the time but you can Wail it is your birth right

4 Likes

Re: "Ocean Has Destroyed Our Houses In Ilaje, Ondo, People Fleeing" - Man Cries by jrusky(m): 3:58pm On May 08, 2019
SLAP44:

You do have issues with me jrusky, how can we console the man wailing his heart out over there that the ocean is carrying away yorubaland?

Sorry I'm not aware of such post bro. Pls shed more light on it so I can understand better or better I send my condolence to the guy wailing to take heart not wail again.
Re: "Ocean Has Destroyed Our Houses In Ilaje, Ondo, People Fleeing" - Man Cries by LazyGold(m): 3:58pm On May 08, 2019
SLAP44:
grin

oyatz
jrusky
Metaphysical
omenkalives
lazygold
Westbestside,

how far? grin

Look at this one, that's a natural cause and you can Wail if you want to

Hurricane happens in USA all the time, flooding houses, it is not government cause but Natural causes

7 Likes

Re: "Ocean Has Destroyed Our Houses In Ilaje, Ondo, People Fleeing" - Man Cries by SLAP44: 4:00pm On May 08, 2019
LazyGold:

Look at this one, that's a natural cause and you can Wail if you want to

Hurricane happens in USA all the time, flooding houses, it is not government cause but Natural causes

So it can happen in Ogun just as it happened in US? grin

1 Like

Re: "Ocean Has Destroyed Our Houses In Ilaje, Ondo, People Fleeing" - Man Cries by LazyGold(m): 4:05pm On May 08, 2019
SLAP44:

So it can happen in Ogun just as it happened in US? grin

I thought it was Ondo that they mentioned in the post, they live very close to the Sea so it can Happen. Go and question God and ask why it happened

5 Likes

Re: "Ocean Has Destroyed Our Houses In Ilaje, Ondo, People Fleeing" - Man Cries by SLAP44: 4:05pm On May 08, 2019
LazyGold:

I thought it was Ondo that they mentioned in the post, they live very close to the Sea so it can Happen. Go and question God and ask why it happened

So you can be as humble as this? grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

UAE Lifts Visa Ban On Nigerians As Tinubu Secures Landmark Deal / Sword Crossing At Captain Gana’s Wedding (photos) / James Ocholi's Wife Interview On Motherhood And Dying On Mothers Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.