Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,606 members, 7,820,163 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:46 AM

I’ll Tell Niger To Use Kaduna Port, Not Lagos – El-rufai - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I’ll Tell Niger To Use Kaduna Port, Not Lagos – El-rufai (29106 Views)

EFCC To Raid Lagos, Kaduna, Port Harcourt Currency Hawkers / "Edo Is Not Lagos": Obaseki's Bill Of Insult On Tinubu - By Ini Akpan Morgan / Short Analysis Report (SAR): Kaduna Port; Katsina Refinery. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I’ll Tell Niger To Use Kaduna Port, Not Lagos – El-rufai by Chukwurah003: 7:00am On May 08, 2019
Bridget95:
Do as you please , if you like invite Somalia and your people from Guinee and Mali that is your business.

So why did you comment

1 Like

Re: I’ll Tell Niger To Use Kaduna Port, Not Lagos – El-rufai by wordcat(m): 7:02am On May 08, 2019
trapQ:

Secondly lots of the places you want to ship from do not have port Harcourt on it's list of destinations so they simply won't ship to PH port. Did I mention the higher import duties for the pH ports? The government is responsible for these reasons I gave. They can ensure that it is fully upgraded to international status but deliberately won't due to their nonchalance.

Goodluck Jonathan comes to mind

2 Likes

Re: I’ll Tell Niger To Use Kaduna Port, Not Lagos – El-rufai by famouscargo4u: 7:02am On May 08, 2019
alphaNomega:
How will the goods make it to Kaduna? Teleportation?

NB: I need someone to break it down for me. I don't understand how containers are cleared at ports.

The ship has to berth in Lagos first and it will be moved by rail to various dry inland ports . Presently, we have in kaduna, Aba, Oyo and one other state. Only Kaduna is functional now others to follow.
Re: I’ll Tell Niger To Use Kaduna Port, Not Lagos – El-rufai by Nobody: 7:03am On May 08, 2019
wirinet:

You mean the trains would not charge for transporting the cargos from lagos to Kaduna? How will that work?

If the Nigerian railway does not charge for transportation the project will collapse in the long run... As the kaduna port will be their main customer... If customer does not pay just kiss it bye

6 Likes

Re: I’ll Tell Niger To Use Kaduna Port, Not Lagos – El-rufai by NkayStory(f): 7:05am On May 08, 2019
wirinet:

The SS has many seaports, it's just not being utilised.

The SE cannot have a sea port simply because there are no seas in the SE. What can be built are river ports.
Building river ports to the SE is a bit complicated. You need permission from communities down the delta to dredge the river. Abacha had problems with Ijaw communities when he attempted to dredge the river to onitsha.
Furthermore, the river would need periodic maintenance, ie periodic dredging and removing of debis from the river to allow ships sail through easily. The tiny stretch of water between the ocean and Apapa ports undergoes constant dredging.
You need a long term serious maintainable plan to operate and maintain a river port deep inland.

These are mere excuses i do not agree with because say for instance Nigeria,will SE and SS folks use Lagos sea-port when they can do something similar even if it means co-operating between each-other to achieve that?

It is simply lack of political will on the part of Nigerian Government to do that,cos as we speak,billions of dollars have been wasted on Lake-Chad region looking for Crude-Oil that is not there.

It is in the interest of the region where Lagos Port is situated to have the only truely functonal sea-port in the country...Obasanjo made sure of that.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I’ll Tell Niger To Use Kaduna Port, Not Lagos – El-rufai by wordcat(m): 7:06am On May 08, 2019
mu2sa2:
Dont mind the hypocrites. There pirates have made the ports unattractive and they're blaming somebody else. Compound hypocrites!

Guy this is 2019
Not 1920
Re: I’ll Tell Niger To Use Kaduna Port, Not Lagos – El-rufai by madridsta007(m): 7:07am On May 08, 2019
chimjoshjuan:
Governor Nasir El-Rufai has revealed his plans of sending a delegation to tell the Republic of Niger to start using the Kaduna Inland Dry Port instead of using the seaports in Lagos State.El-Rufai who revealed that he will tell Niger to start using Kaduna port and not Lagos while speaking on Tuesday on sidelines of the ceremony for the commencement of cargo delivery by rail to the Kaduna Inland Dry Port, said; 

“We are very grateful today’s event has opened a new vista of commercial opportunities, not only for northern businessmen but even for our neighbouring countries. I intend to send a delegation to the Republic of Niger to sensitise the government of that country on the opportunities of receiving their goods in Kaduna instead of Lagos and having to truck them, as well as any of their exports from Kaduna port to any part of the world.

You can ship your goods directly from Kaduna to any part of the world and you can also import goods from any part of the world directly to Kaduna without your containers or any of your goods being opened up for inspection in Lagos.”

https://unclesuru.com/2019/05/08/ill-tell-niger-to-use-kaduna-port-not-lagos-el-rufai/

The Malian genocidist and midget has been throwing shots at Tinubu and Lagos since the elections were over. He has no use again.
Re: I’ll Tell Niger To Use Kaduna Port, Not Lagos – El-rufai by horlique(m): 7:08am On May 08, 2019
SoNature:

Stop writing nonsense.
Onne, Calabar and Warri ports are there but overseas logistics companies prefer using Lagos ports because they have lots of customers coming from that axis.
It's just like blaming FG because Akwa Ibom international airport does not attract foreign airlines.
Stop the blame game...FG, although has its failings, is not responsible for why freight companies prefer Lagos ports
do you know that using Calabar or warrior is nearer to major international vessels than Lagos.. we are just practising a terrible tribalistic governance ..
Re: I’ll Tell Niger To Use Kaduna Port, Not Lagos – El-rufai by wirinet(m): 7:09am On May 08, 2019
PrecisionFx:

All ports in Nigeria are owned by the Nigerian government and they are the ones that shutdown 6 or 7 seaports in eastern Nigeria. This has absolutely nothing to do with political will, yoruba politicians never needed political will to build the Ports in Lagos

Yes all ports are owned by the Nigerian government, but they have been concessioned to private companies. This means the operation and maintenance is given to private companies. So why can't the rivers state government or the SS goverment bid for the port and partner with foreign experts to manage the ports, if only for the benefit of their region.

2 Likes

Re: I’ll Tell Niger To Use Kaduna Port, Not Lagos – El-rufai by Nobody: 7:09am On May 08, 2019
johnpablo541:

There are no seaports in South Eastern Nigeria.
Here are the list of seaports in Nigeria.

Apapa seaport (Lagos State)
Tincan port (Lagos State)
Warri port (delta state)
Calabar port (cross-river state)
Onne port (rivers state)
Port-Harcourt port (Rivers state)

Piracy and militancy killed most of the ports in the south south region.

Piracy and Militancy grin grin....Why hasn't the piracy and Militancy in the Niger delta killed the export of 2 million barrels of crude oil daily from that same Niger delta Use ur sense.

There are 6 seaports in nigeria, And there are about 3 or 4 river ports in Nigeria namely Onitsha river port, Oguta river port in imo state, Sapele river port, Okrika river port in rivers, there's also a river port in Kogi state.

Do u still need to be cleared? Militancy my ass.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I’ll Tell Niger To Use Kaduna Port, Not Lagos – El-rufai by Nobody: 7:10am On May 08, 2019
vioment:

The religious tax and this major feat.

Show me 1 proof that so rufai now does the job of Nigerian Port Authority.
Re: I’ll Tell Niger To Use Kaduna Port, Not Lagos – El-rufai by wirinet(m): 7:12am On May 08, 2019
horlique:
do you know that using Calabar or warrior is nearer to major international vessels than Lagos.. we are just practising a terrible tribalistic governance ..

Please explain. How is calabar or warri nearer to major international vessels than Lagos for vessels coming from Europe and the US?

2 Likes

Re: I’ll Tell Niger To Use Kaduna Port, Not Lagos – El-rufai by Nobody: 7:15am On May 08, 2019
wirinet:

Yes all ports are owned by the Nigerian government, but they have been concessioned to private companies. This means the operation and maintenance is given to private companies. So why can't the rivers state government or the SS goverment bid for the port and partner with foreign experts to manage the ports, if only for the benefit of their region.

Stop making daft statements. Why didn't FG shutdown tincan port n also convert the other port in Lagos to a naval base (just like they did to Onne seaport).

Why should the east need a concession Why should eastern governros be doing an exclusive job of the FG should open up the seaports n river ports in eastern Nigeria n allow dem to work. Simple.
Re: I’ll Tell Niger To Use Kaduna Port, Not Lagos – El-rufai by Simbrixton(m): 7:20am On May 08, 2019
MetaPhysical:
This is what Lagosians have been praying for. Let everybody take their own cargo away from Lagos and decongest the city. Too many accidents with trucks and trailers carrying containers on our roads. Thank God we can expect less fatality now.

Easterners please follow this man example and tell your billionaires and governors to follow suit so your people are not resulting in casualty on highway everyday running business back and forth.

Kudos to Elrufai! He should use the opportunity to generate IGR if Niger buys in to his idea.
trust dem to misinterpret you
Re: I’ll Tell Niger To Use Kaduna Port, Not Lagos – El-rufai by wildikeman(m): 7:20am On May 08, 2019
Chinablack:
very much easy, all destined for the north will be transported via rail lines free of charge
thanks for the clarification... I waa beginning to wonder when kaduna had a seaport
Re: I’ll Tell Niger To Use Kaduna Port, Not Lagos – El-rufai by wirinet(m): 7:28am On May 08, 2019
PrecisionFx:

Piracy and Militancy grin grin....Why hasn't the piracy and Militancy in the Niger delta killed the export of 2 million barrels of crude oil daily from that same Niger delta Use ur sense.

There are 6 seaports in nigeria, And there are about 3 or 4 river ports in Nigeria namely Onitsha river port, Oguta river port in imo state, Sapele river port, Okrika river port in rivers, there's also a river port in Kogi state.

Do u still need to be cleared? Militancy my ass.

First of all crude oil vessels are super tankers and are huge compared to ordinary cargo ships. Secondly oil tankers are heavily guarded by the Nigerian navy and even armed guards on board. Finally, what will pirates steal from oil vessels? Except maybe they want to steal the whole vessel. How many oil tankers have you ever heard that has been hijacked?

Cargo vessels are another thing entirely. They are the targets of pirates, as they sometimes carry valuable goods.

Ferrying goods through the gulf of guinea would attract extra insurance costs and possible extra hazard allowance for crew.

6 Likes

Re: I’ll Tell Niger To Use Kaduna Port, Not Lagos – El-rufai by kabarka(m): 7:30am On May 08, 2019
MetaPhysical:

Easterners please follow this man example and tell your billionaires and governors to follow suit so your people are not resulting in casualty on highway everyday running business back and for

El rufia will use govt money to build kaduna port .
Eastnerner billionaires will build the eastern ports with their money.

WHAT A ONE NIGERIAN
Re: I’ll Tell Niger To Use Kaduna Port, Not Lagos – El-rufai by mcgaius: 7:30am On May 08, 2019
They must open the containers in Lagos to check for arms and ammunition.
Re: I’ll Tell Niger To Use Kaduna Port, Not Lagos – El-rufai by kabarka(m): 7:32am On May 08, 2019
mcgaius:
They must open the containers in Lagos to check for arms and ammunition.

here you are.
Re: I’ll Tell Niger To Use Kaduna Port, Not Lagos – El-rufai by omozu1(m): 7:33am On May 08, 2019
How many containers dey enter Niger in a day? May be two or three
We dash them
Re: I’ll Tell Niger To Use Kaduna Port, Not Lagos – El-rufai by wirinet(m): 7:35am On May 08, 2019
PrecisionFx:

Stop making daft statements. Why didn't FG shutdown tincan port n also convert the other port in Lagos to a naval base (just like they did to Onne seaport).

Why should the east need a concession Why should eastern governros be doing an exclusive job of the FG should open up the seaports n river ports in eastern Nigeria n allow dem to work. Simple.
Are you guys condemned to a life of wailings and excuses. Most of the ports in the SS was just wasting away before the FG put them to alternative use. Jonathan was in power for close to 6 years, if the SS ports were being sabotaged by the FG as you guys are propagating, why didn't Jonathan revive the ports?
You ate telling me that the governors bear no responsibility at all in the welfare of the people. So if the FG refuse to do something vital to the survival of the state, the governors should simply do nothing.

4 Likes

Re: I’ll Tell Niger To Use Kaduna Port, Not Lagos – El-rufai by chloride6: 7:38am On May 08, 2019
kaen1317:
its the agenda of the powers that be to suppress the SE and SS. It's an open secret

Why are you ignorant?

Those ports are working.

1 Like

Re: I’ll Tell Niger To Use Kaduna Port, Not Lagos – El-rufai by bluke(m): 7:42am On May 08, 2019
kabarka:

WHAT A ONE NIGERIAN

who is d minister for transport?

1 Like

Re: I’ll Tell Niger To Use Kaduna Port, Not Lagos – El-rufai by QLife247: 7:43am On May 08, 2019
OK.
Re: I’ll Tell Niger To Use Kaduna Port, Not Lagos – El-rufai by wirinet(m): 7:46am On May 08, 2019
kabarka:

WHAT A ONE NIGERIAN
Ports are business ventures and not charity service. If kaduna port is not commercially viable, it will not survive. If eastern ports are commercially viable, eastern billionaires will make more money.

Everybody pursues what interest them, if ports are priority for el rufai, he is free to build one, same for eastern billionaires and governors.

2 Likes

Re: I’ll Tell Niger To Use Kaduna Port, Not Lagos – El-rufai by wman(m): 7:48am On May 08, 2019
kaen1317:
A dry port is made functional while no effort is made to develop any port in the South south so as to decongestant Apapa and make life easier for businessmen in the SE and SS. This is the One Nigeria.

What move did Jonathan make to develop ports in the South South?

4 Likes

Re: I’ll Tell Niger To Use Kaduna Port, Not Lagos – El-rufai by oyoirabor: 7:50am On May 08, 2019
PrecisionFx:

It is the duty of the FG to reactivate the 6 or 7 seaports in eastern Nigeria, We have no need for our billionaires to build new ones.

Well said......But will they do it?
Re: I’ll Tell Niger To Use Kaduna Port, Not Lagos – El-rufai by oyoirabor: 7:53am On May 08, 2019
wirinet:

Ports are business ventures and not charity service. If kaduna port is not commercially viable, it will not survive. If eastern ports are commercially viable, eastern billionaires will make more money.

Everybody pursues what interest them, if ports are priority for el rufai, he is free to build one, same for eastern billionaires and governors.

so people will wake up and start building ports without government permit/approval?

Talk less and reason more!!!!!
Re: I’ll Tell Niger To Use Kaduna Port, Not Lagos – El-rufai by Kinikini: 7:57am On May 08, 2019
We know Northern Nigeria is a separate country comprising the geo-political Northern Nigeria, Niger, Mali, Chad, NOrthern Cameroon and even Senegal. That is why the itinerant killer herdsmen have found a nest in Nigeria.

But guess what, Nigeria may one day become bankrupt and the North will bear its cross. Overblown population, bad education, harsh upbringing of the children of the North will eventually breed a generation of violent and impatient Northerners who will wipe out the Oligarchy in the North. Sooner or later, the Northern populace will realize their true adversaries are the Northern hegemonic oligarch plundering the resources, empowering their offsprings while denying the Northern poor a decent chance in life.

chimjoshjuan:
Governor Nasir El-Rufai has revealed his plans of sending a delegation to tell the Republic of Niger to start using the Kaduna Inland Dry Port instead of using the seaports in Lagos State.El-Rufai who revealed that he will tell Niger to start using Kaduna port and not Lagos while speaking on Tuesday on sidelines of the ceremony for the commencement of cargo delivery by rail to the Kaduna Inland Dry Port, said; 

“We are very grateful today’s event has opened a new vista of commercial opportunities, not only for northern businessmen but even for our neighbouring countries. I intend to send a delegation to the Republic of Niger to sensitise the government of that country on the opportunities of receiving their goods in Kaduna instead of Lagos and having to truck them, as well as any of their exports from Kaduna port to any part of the world.

You can ship your goods directly from Kaduna to any part of the world and you can also import goods from any part of the world directly to Kaduna without your containers or any of your goods being opened up for inspection in Lagos.”

https://unclesuru.com/2019/05/08/ill-tell-niger-to-use-kaduna-port-not-lagos-el-rufai/

Re: I’ll Tell Niger To Use Kaduna Port, Not Lagos – El-rufai by mainman7(m): 7:59am On May 08, 2019
chimjoshjuan:
Governor ...

Message to his cronies. It's about to get unprecedentedly large scale. I pity the real Nigerians that have refused to unite, any hope that their enemy would repent is height of stupidity. They are becoming the more merciless and waxing more wicked. It's about to get really...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Court Reverses Sack Of IGP Usman Alkali / Explosion Rocks Idimu, Lagos (photos) / Pantami: Ya’u-Gital Counters Achi, Says "Your Son Was Killed By Student Union"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.