Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,176 members, 7,825,671 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 08:38 PM

Two Internet Fraudsters Bag 16 Months Jail Term - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Two Internet Fraudsters Bag 16 Months Jail Term (13074 Views)

Court Jails Two Internet Fraudsters In Port Harcourt / Three Internet Fraudsters Bag Jail Terms In Ilorin (Photos) / EFCC Arrests Two Internet Fraudsters In Abuja (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Two Internet Fraudsters Bag 16 Months Jail Term by NaijaCelebrity: 6:43am On May 08, 2019
Justice Mojisola Dada of the Special Offences Court sitting in Ikeja, Lagos, on Tuesday, May 7, 2019, convicted and sentenced two Internet fraudsters, Akinleye Sheriff, a.k.a. Tracy Gifford, and Ganiyu Sheriff Abiodun, a.k.a Sandra Avri, to one year and four months imprisonment respectively for possession of fraudulent documents, an offence contrary to Section 320 (1) (c) of the Criminal Laws of Lagos State No. 11 of 2015.

The convicts, who were arrested by officials of the EFCC during a raid at the Ologolo-Igbo Efon area of Lagos State on March 13, 2019, were arraigned today on a one-count charge bordering on possession of fraudulent documents.

Count one of the charge reads: “That you, Akinleye Sheriff (a.k.a Tracy Gifford) and Ganiyu Sherif Abiodun (a.k.a Sandra Avril), on or about the 13th day of March 2019, at Lagos within the Ikeja Judicial Division, have in your possession a document wherein you falsely represented yourselves as Tracy Gifford and Sandra Avril respectively when you knew or ought to know, having regard to the circumstances of the case that the documents contain false pretence.”

The defendants pleaded guilty to the one count charge preferred against them.

The prosecution counsel, Bilikisu Buhari Bala, informed the court of a plea bargain entered into by the defendants with the Commission and also prayed that they be convicted accordingly.

Delivering her judgment, Justice Dada convicted and sentenced the defendants to one year and four months imprisonment with an option of N250, 000 fine.

The Judge further ordered the forfeiture of a Lexus SUV 15250, HP Beat Studio laptop, two I-phone Xs Gold, one black Nokia Torch, one Acer laptop and one Apple Mac Book Air recovered from the defendants to the Federal Government.

Source: https://gidifeed.com/two-internet-fraudsters-bag-16-months-jail-term/

Re: Two Internet Fraudsters Bag 16 Months Jail Term by Nobody: 6:45am On May 08, 2019
When we small after we thief meat we dey go corner go chop am. If my sister ask me make i cut give her i no gree she go go report me.
Na that one make me know say these boys dumb.
You thief finish dey chop am for everyone to see.
Tell me how those wey you no give chop or wey no see chop no go go cast una?
Enter club you shut am down meanwhile you no dey comot for house. People dey comot from 5 am to 11pm dem no fit afford ordinary adonko. How you no go cast. People no dey like better thing. Since they can't make it them you sef must fall. Issa simple stuffs
I'm speaking generally no just yahoo.
Guys..please find legit work do. The money dey sweet to spend. Yahoo own na soso fear.
Let's be wise
End yahoo.

43 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Two Internet Fraudsters Bag 16 Months Jail Term by Harrymig1(m): 6:46am On May 08, 2019
This is becoming an everyday thing
Re: Two Internet Fraudsters Bag 16 Months Jail Term by kidap: 6:51am On May 08, 2019
hmmmm
Re: Two Internet Fraudsters Bag 16 Months Jail Term by orlabass(m): 6:52am On May 08, 2019
Okay
Re: Two Internet Fraudsters Bag 16 Months Jail Term by iamadedotun(m): 8:57am On May 08, 2019
Ahh mogbe .. this is Java Na Kwara poly days class of 18 computer science...God be with you bruh....#weallsinners
Re: Two Internet Fraudsters Bag 16 Months Jail Term by salbis(m): 11:12am On May 08, 2019
Well done the Sheriff's. See as that Mopol dey handle that gun as if na war front e dey.
Re: Two Internet Fraudsters Bag 16 Months Jail Term by Yankiss(m): 11:13am On May 08, 2019
Good work. The prevalence of internet fraud may surprise you. That is the past time of many undergraduates now. Very sad. Damaging the already poor international image of the country. One night, I had an urgent assignment and because my system was down I decided to complete it up at a nearby internet café. I was really stunned that to my right and left, front and back were yahoo yahoo. One was writing from the office of the President of the United States, another was a Swiss refugee whose family fortune was trapped in Ghana, the other was a Saudi Prince. I was Shocked on realizing that of about fifty persons in the café, I was the only one on genuine concern! It can be that prevalent, dear. An epidemic. These people spinning these convincing yarns have raw talent. But obviously channeled them wrongly into crime. A good government will be able to harvest these cyber criminals and turn them to good use.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Two Internet Fraudsters Bag 16 Months Jail Term by martineverest(m): 11:13am On May 08, 2019
just 16 months?....they will still go back to it

4 Likes

Re: Two Internet Fraudsters Bag 16 Months Jail Term by Readonee35L(m): 11:14am On May 08, 2019
Chai

Re: Two Internet Fraudsters Bag 16 Months Jail Term by felo812000(m): 11:14am On May 08, 2019
We get the message you passed, Bro shocked
Shibaraba:
When we small after we thief meat we dey go corner go chop am. If my sister ask me make i cut give her i no gree she go go report me.
Enter club you shut am down meanwhile you no dey comot for house. People dey comot from 5 am to 11pm dem no fit afford ordinary adonko. How you no go cast. People no dey like better thing. Since they can't make it them you sef must fall. Issa simple stuffs
Guys..please find legit work do. The money dey sweet to spend. Yahoo own na soso fear.
Let's be wise
End yahoo.

1 Like

Re: Two Internet Fraudsters Bag 16 Months Jail Term by igbohausayoruba: 11:14am On May 08, 2019
sad
Re: Two Internet Fraudsters Bag 16 Months Jail Term by Houseofglam7(f): 11:15am On May 08, 2019
undecided
Re: Two Internet Fraudsters Bag 16 Months Jail Term by LowerPriceData0(m): 11:17am On May 08, 2019
Too Small... But if person stolen Phone will be given 6 Years
Re: Two Internet Fraudsters Bag 16 Months Jail Term by Amalekki: 11:27am On May 08, 2019
A thief is a thief.

1 Like

Re: Two Internet Fraudsters Bag 16 Months Jail Term by Akabuking: 11:33am On May 08, 2019
Internet should be taken away from naija, most especially south west.
Re: Two Internet Fraudsters Bag 16 Months Jail Term by deebrain(m): 11:37am On May 08, 2019
Happy Ramadan to the man in the first picture
Re: Two Internet Fraudsters Bag 16 Months Jail Term by Xisnin(m): 11:39am On May 08, 2019
EFCC should start asking for tougher sentences. What is 16 months?
Re: Two Internet Fraudsters Bag 16 Months Jail Term by loadedvibes: 11:40am On May 08, 2019
250k it is
Re: Two Internet Fraudsters Bag 16 Months Jail Term by Olorunnim: 11:43am On May 08, 2019
martineverest:
just 16 months?....they will still go back to it
With option for fine
Re: Two Internet Fraudsters Bag 16 Months Jail Term by chukwuibuipob: 11:47am On May 08, 2019
angry angry sad why not at least 6 yrs each.They'll com oit now and continue with their RUNZ.

1 Like

Re: Two Internet Fraudsters Bag 16 Months Jail Term by mamaafrik(m): 11:51am On May 08, 2019
iamadedotun:
Ahh mogbe .. this is Java Na Kwara poly days class of 18 computer science...God be with you bruh....#weallsinners
so you knew the guy wella
Re: Two Internet Fraudsters Bag 16 Months Jail Term by TANID(m): 11:55am On May 08, 2019
NCAN How Market
Re: Two Internet Fraudsters Bag 16 Months Jail Term by mikecino(m): 11:55am On May 08, 2019
Some wicked people will be like,the judge was lenient with the judgement..
These ones am seeing are going to no jail,that fine of 250k will be paid walahi.
Them leave polithiefcians wey dem go pursue dey disturb hussling guys..
Fear not, Java is coming out
Re: Two Internet Fraudsters Bag 16 Months Jail Term by okeynelson: 12:01pm On May 08, 2019
abeg ooo....with no offence....I wan ask all this politician's wey dey thief our money.... wen will they start receiving their own jail sentence.... pls EFCC start going after those thieves called politician's....
Re: Two Internet Fraudsters Bag 16 Months Jail Term by b0rn2fuck(m): 12:05pm On May 08, 2019
LowerPriceData0:
Too Small... But if person stolen Phone will be given 6 Years
he was in possession of fraudulent document. But as naija we all know is yahoo but they would have advised him to admit to the crime than fight for bail and poseponement of case . Don't be full that they won't spend 3 days once 250k is paid. Money which would have even be set aside before case even started.always read term and condition first. For a person with such car. They only have property to lose and not even all . this is no case at all. Its 250k vs one year.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Two Internet Fraudsters Bag 16 Months Jail Term by sifon1: 12:08pm On May 08, 2019
Are you looking for ways to how to earn money online daily? Look no more because I am here to teach you how to make genuine cash online. There are so many businesses you should invest your money into and reap the fruits of your labour within a short period of time. Making money online used to be hard in the past, but now with just your smart phone and your laptop you can earn a lot of money right from your home.

READ MORE http://trueincomeideas.us/earn-money-online-daily/
Re: Two Internet Fraudsters Bag 16 Months Jail Term by Rolly22(m): 12:12pm On May 08, 2019
Shibaraba:
Let's be wise
End yahoo.

End political looting too.

1 Like

Re: Two Internet Fraudsters Bag 16 Months Jail Term by OluwapelumiAde: 12:13pm On May 08, 2019
The manner in which the government treat ordinary Nigerians encourage crime in our society.
Re: Two Internet Fraudsters Bag 16 Months Jail Term by Nobody: 12:15pm On May 08, 2019
Ramadan nice

(1) (2) (Reply)

Police Rescue 21 Kidnapped Islamiyya School Pupils, 2 Female Adults In Zamfara / Police Return Children Sold For N200,000 To Parents (photo) / Police Rescue 8-Year-Old Girl Kidnapped In Rivers State (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.