Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,407 members, 7,853,804 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 02:20 AM

Nigerian Nanny Sentenced To 15 Years In Death Of Baby She Force-fed - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Nigerian Nanny Sentenced To 15 Years In Death Of Baby She Force-fed (501 Views)

New Photos Of Baby Whose Hand Was Amputated After Beaten By His Father / A Wicked Nigerian Nanny Was Caught On Camera Breaking A Baby's Knee / Nigerian Nanny Sentenced To 15 Years Over Death Of Baby She Force-Fed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Nanny Sentenced To 15 Years In Death Of Baby She Force-fed by Naijaalive(m): 7:57am On May 08, 2019
A Nigerian former nanny — convicted in February, 2019, of killing an 8-month-old baby girl, Enitan Salubi, in 2016 — was sentenced Friday in Prince George’s County.

Authorities say Oluremi Adeleye, 73, was captured on home video unscrewing the lid of Enitan’s bottle and pouring around eight ounces of milk down her throat in less than 30 seconds, “essentially drowning her” in October 2016. .

The video also shows the baby going limp and Adeleye rocking her. Adeleye was found guilty of second-degree murder and first-degree and second-degree child abuse. .

She was sentenced to 40 years in prison with all but 15 years suspended in addition to five years supervised probation upon release.

The convict testified in her own defense at her trial. She said she was “cup-feeding” the baby to ensure it didn’t go hungry, a custom in Nigeria. .

Adeleye had others testify in her defense, saying that cup-feeding — pouring liquid in one’s hand to feed children when they do not want to eat but need to be fed — was common in Nigeria.

https://www.everyvibes.com.ng/2019/05/Nigerian-Nanny-Sentenced-To-15-Years-In-Death-Of-Baby-She-Force-fed.html

1 Share

Re: Nigerian Nanny Sentenced To 15 Years In Death Of Baby She Force-fed by daddytime(m): 8:26am On May 08, 2019
A very crazy practice till this day....I can remember seeing my mom and other moms feed their babies this way...it only meant most of us had it by force.
Re: Nigerian Nanny Sentenced To 15 Years In Death Of Baby She Force-fed by Nobody: 8:30am On May 08, 2019
When you go to Rome, do as the Romans.

Her hand might be dirty too.

That it's the norm in Nigeria doesn't mean it's good.
I didn't witness such.

(1) (Reply)

Shock Engulf Many As Baby’s Corpse Goes Missing In Ondo Mortuary / Driver Who Killed Four Anambra Schoolchildren Arrested / 'I Am Not A Yahoo Boy' - Young Photographer Who Was Arrested By EFCC Cries Out!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.