Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,055 members, 7,818,162 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:12 AM

Tiger Woods In Tears As He Receives Medal Of Freedom From President Trump (Photo - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Tiger Woods In Tears As He Receives Medal Of Freedom From President Trump (Photo (508 Views)

Accident: Tiger Woods Suffers Multiple Leg Injuries After California Car Crash / Tiger Woods Jumps To Sixth In Rankings, Takes Home $2.07 Million (n745m) / Tiger Woods Wins Masters Tournament - 1st Since 2005 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tiger Woods In Tears As He Receives Medal Of Freedom From President Trump (Photo by mysportdab: 12:46pm On May 08, 2019
Tiger Woods, who stunned the sports world when he won his fifth Masters golf title, received the highest civilian honour, the Presidential Medal of Freedom, from United States President Donald Trump on Monday.

Last month's Augusta triumph ended an 11-year Major title drought for the 43-year-old, who had endured personal and professional setbacks, including a highly-publicised divorce and multiple surgeries over the past decade.

An emotional Woods thanked those in attendance at the Rose Garden ceremony at the White House for their support through the years when he was not winning.

"You've seen the good and the bad, the highs and the lows, and I would not be in this position without all of your help," he said after Trump placed the medal around his neck.

Woods recalled his breakthrough triumph at Augusta 22 years ago which the then 21-year-old celebrated with his father and mentor Earl, who died in 2006.
"In '97, yes, I won the Masters and I ended up hugging my dad and my mum," he said.

"My dad is no longer here but my mum is here, I love you mum," he added, his voice cracking with emotion as he went on to thank his two children and girlfriend Erica Herman.

"The amazing Masters experience I just had a few weeks ago certainly is part of the highlight of what I've accomplished in my life on the golf course."

Ceremony Video Below...

See;https://www.mysportdab.com/2019/05/tiger-woods-in-tears-as-he-receives.html

cc: lalasticlala dominique Mynd44

Re: Tiger Woods In Tears As He Receives Medal Of Freedom From President Trump (Photo by mysportdab: 12:47pm On May 08, 2019
Ceremony Video Here

Re: Tiger Woods In Tears As He Receives Medal Of Freedom From President Trump (Photo by suremanpatriot: 3:08pm On May 08, 2019
grin was woods in bondage before?
Re: Tiger Woods In Tears As He Receives Medal Of Freedom From President Trump (Photo by jchioma: 5:04pm On May 08, 2019
"Do not, for one repulse, forgo the purpose you resolved to effort." - Shakespeare

I am encouraged by Tiger Woods come-back story. It's not over, until it's over. The Presidential Medal of Freedom is the highest awards bestowed on any civilian of the United States.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

By What Means Can Solskjaer Fix Man United? Stage 1: Don't Rehash The Previous S / Will Ronaldo’s No 7 Be A Cursed Number At Madrid? / Barcelona Star Suarez Attempts Stunning Replica Of Famous Liverpool Goal (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.