Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,695 members, 7,823,955 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:08 PM

Sights From A 5-minute Ferry Ride From Marina To Apapa (PHOTOS) - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Sights From A 5-minute Ferry Ride From Marina To Apapa (PHOTOS) (34725 Views)

LASG Announces Completion Of First Phase Of Lagos Light Rail (Marina To Mile 2) / Train Ride From Lagos To Ibadan To Cost Between N3K-N6K / Trucks Back To Ikorodu Road Following Sanwo-Olu's Visit To Apapa - Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sights From A 5-minute Ferry Ride From Marina To Apapa (PHOTOS) by AutoJoshNG: 1:26pm On May 08, 2019
Strangely, for a state that is vastly surrounded by water, commuting via ferry is the least patronised mode of transport in Lagos state.

By the way, do you know that it takes just 5 minutes to travel from CMS/Marina to Apapa?

Yes. That means saving yourself from those gruelling "go-slows" that one experiences on the roads.

Interestingly, more Lagosians have discovered ferries as an option for driving or using buses.

And it costs as little as N100/N150 as ferry fare.

I recently took a ride in one of the privately-owned ferries. It was quite an enjoyable ride.

During the trip, it was easy to tell the first-timers. They were the ones that were too eager to hold on tight to something - or someone.

Anyway, below are some photos of some sights during the trip.

Source:

https://autojosh.com/sights-from-a-5-minute-ferry-ride-from-marina-to-apapa-photos/

7 Likes

Re: Sights From A 5-minute Ferry Ride From Marina To Apapa (PHOTOS) by HospitalityDiva(f): 1:27pm On May 08, 2019
grin grin grin

Me and water?

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sights From A 5-minute Ferry Ride From Marina To Apapa (PHOTOS) by Bizmagnet: 1:44pm On May 08, 2019
Lovely adventure. You tried.

Never drag your business and ideas behind by being complacent. It will drive more sales if you do the right thing. Get your website/blog/software today at affordable price. Check my signature for contacts.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sights From A 5-minute Ferry Ride From Marina To Apapa (PHOTOS) by youngsahito(m): 1:58pm On May 08, 2019
This is the alternative to third mainland traffic

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sights From A 5-minute Ferry Ride From Marina To Apapa (PHOTOS) by LuciferKoran: 2:02pm On May 08, 2019
Small water wey dis AutoJosh enter him preeq don stand come dey snap pishure anyhow. grin

Ekuke blogger.

What will you do when you are at least 5 days away from any landform & you experience a storm & come face to face with violent waves that are 10 times higher than your 'mighty' ship?

Do you know how many last prayers I've said in this life?

No make me share some kain scary pictures here o.

*spits angry

79 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Sights From A 5-minute Ferry Ride From Marina To Apapa (PHOTOS) by IamD18: 2:24pm On May 08, 2019
Rubbish! Go to Aba and see what we call Ferry ride.

You'll see huge men carrying passengers on their back to pass any kind of dirty water with their legs.

49 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Sights From A 5-minute Ferry Ride From Marina To Apapa (PHOTOS) by iffydave: 2:40pm On May 08, 2019
Nice views....

LASG should endeavor to develop water transportation in Lagos, too much pressure on the road

5 Likes

Re: Sights From A 5-minute Ferry Ride From Marina To Apapa (PHOTOS) by chukslawrence(m): 4:48pm On May 08, 2019
IamD18:

You'll see huge men carrying passengers on their back to pass any kind of dirty water with their legs.
grin

8 Likes

Re: Sights From A 5-minute Ferry Ride From Marina To Apapa (PHOTOS) by Mizwisdom(f): 4:57pm On May 08, 2019
Very nice, we need to develope water transportation

1 Like

Re: Sights From A 5-minute Ferry Ride From Marina To Apapa (PHOTOS) by JOREVA: 2:25pm On May 10, 2019
How do you get into and out of Apapa is another problem

4 Likes

Re: Sights From A 5-minute Ferry Ride From Marina To Apapa (PHOTOS) by Pavore9: 2:27pm On May 10, 2019
IamD18:

You no well! cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Sights From A 5-minute Ferry Ride From Marina To Apapa (PHOTOS) by MrImole: 2:28pm On May 10, 2019
Okay
Re: Sights From A 5-minute Ferry Ride From Marina To Apapa (PHOTOS) by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 2:28pm On May 10, 2019
LuciferKoran:
Small water wey dis AutoJosh enter him preeq don stand come dey snap pishure anyhow. grin

Ekuke blogger.

What will you do when you are at least 5 days away from any landform & you experience a storm & come face to face with violent waves that are 10 times higher than your 'mighty' ship?

Do you know how many last prayers I've said in this life?

No make me share some kain scary pictures here o.

*spits angry
pls share.

6 Likes

Re: Sights From A 5-minute Ferry Ride From Marina To Apapa (PHOTOS) by Efunny4500(f): 2:29pm On May 10, 2019
Ok
Re: Sights From A 5-minute Ferry Ride From Marina To Apapa (PHOTOS) by ipobarethieves: 2:29pm On May 10, 2019
sad only the braveHEART dey travel by water..The one i enta In Bayelsa water wey the boat Engine come stop at the middle of nowhere. Nah to dey confess Ur sin remain

9 Likes

Re: Sights From A 5-minute Ferry Ride From Marina To Apapa (PHOTOS) by marvin906(m): 2:29pm On May 10, 2019
I love water mehn
can't wait to start working on board a vessel

Re: Sights From A 5-minute Ferry Ride From Marina To Apapa (PHOTOS) by Babamotors100: 2:30pm On May 10, 2019
Nice one for Autojosh.

invest in Transportion Business......we have different types of cars and trucks for business.

check my profile
Re: Sights From A 5-minute Ferry Ride From Marina To Apapa (PHOTOS) by legalwealth(m): 2:30pm On May 10, 2019
IamD18:

grin grin grin
Re: Sights From A 5-minute Ferry Ride From Marina To Apapa (PHOTOS) by lonelydora: 2:32pm On May 10, 2019
Enjoy your ferry.

As for me and myself, i don't near any body of water except if i am using "Confidence 1 or 2" on Bonny waters

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sights From A 5-minute Ferry Ride From Marina To Apapa (PHOTOS) by loadedvibes: 2:32pm On May 10, 2019
Your village people where not on duty at this point

2 Likes

Re: Sights From A 5-minute Ferry Ride From Marina To Apapa (PHOTOS) by rawtouch: 2:33pm On May 10, 2019
cool
Re: Sights From A 5-minute Ferry Ride From Marina To Apapa (PHOTOS) by EXLOVER(m): 2:34pm On May 10, 2019
Churchill is still faster.

11 Likes

Re: Sights From A 5-minute Ferry Ride From Marina To Apapa (PHOTOS) by King44(m): 2:36pm On May 10, 2019
nice write up, but there is no proper jetty and enough ferries/enough attractive ferries, until those things are put in place, I still prefer the traffic than taking a life threatening risk but five minutes is really a big deal o
Re: Sights From A 5-minute Ferry Ride From Marina To Apapa (PHOTOS) by Nobody: 2:40pm On May 10, 2019
did u see anyone taking a sh*T?
Re: Sights From A 5-minute Ferry Ride From Marina To Apapa (PHOTOS) by Nobody: 2:42pm On May 10, 2019
someone said Churchill is faster.... some people sense of humor is outrageous

7 Likes

Re: Sights From A 5-minute Ferry Ride From Marina To Apapa (PHOTOS) by christejames(m): 2:44pm On May 10, 2019
Beautiful, Nigeria is indeed awesome but we can do better by...

#followNPFL

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

FG Takes Delivery Of Rail Wagons From China / We Pay Between 300 - 500 Naira To Enter Nigeria – Illegal Immigrants (Pictured) / Olumirin Waterfall - Erin Ijesha (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.