Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,062 members, 7,825,368 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 12:38 PM

Appeal Court To Deliver Judgement On Osun Governorship Election Tomorrow - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Appeal Court To Deliver Judgement On Osun Governorship Election Tomorrow (24564 Views)

Wike V PDP: Court To Deliver Judgement On May 31, 2023 / Supreme Court Stands Down To Deliver Judgement On Ihedioha’s Review Request / Udom Emmanuel Set To Declare For Re-Election Tomorrow (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Appeal Court To Deliver Judgement On Osun Governorship Election Tomorrow by senatordave1(m): 6:55pm On May 08, 2019
Awol1:
Let's test our instincts here.

My inner sense is telling me that the Appeal court Will bash the Tribunal judgement accusing them of miscarriage of justice.

That based on judicial precedence, the most they could have done would have been to order a rerun.

Appeal court Will then order a rerun( slim chance) or uphold Oyetola victory ( most likely).

You think APC will fold its hands and watch the Appeal court set a precedent that would void their victory in Kano?

Falana wasn't chewing gum when he said Nigeria has been reduced to a Banana Republic.

Bookmark this...
So you pdp fans are capable of objectivity
Re: Appeal Court To Deliver Judgement On Osun Governorship Election Tomorrow by etrouble: 7:26pm On May 08, 2019
NigeriaIsDoomed:
Nigeria is doomed! Oneday it shall burn like troy and there shall be nothing left.

Your family house and your family will be the first to burn.
Re: Appeal Court To Deliver Judgement On Osun Governorship Election Tomorrow by legalwealth(m): 11:42pm On May 08, 2019
Re: Appeal Court To Deliver Judgement On Osun Governorship Election Tomorrow by Johnnyessence(m): 3:02am On May 09, 2019
rusher14:
Is Johnnyessence busy with some new propaganda?
I'm here, I dey kampe. Imole de okunkun parada ni ipinle osun. appeal court will affirm the tribunal judgement today in the appeal court of justice. let's be patient.
Re: Appeal Court To Deliver Judgement On Osun Governorship Election Tomorrow by Johnnyessence(m): 3:27am On May 09, 2019
Agugbadin:
This is the reason why APC plot with the police to incarcerate him
And they all failed woefully in the end. Distinguished senator Ademola Adeleke will get his mandate back in the court of justice. Imole de okunkun parada ni ipinle osun.
Re: Appeal Court To Deliver Judgement On Osun Governorship Election Tomorrow by Johnnyessence(m): 3:29am On May 09, 2019
ejimatic:
My expectations tomorrow... 1....Section 240 of the electoral law states that no tribunal should deduct or add votes.. when votes are debated. rerun must be ordered.........In the case of the debated 17 polling units, I expect a rerun there tomorrow.2 Constitution gives INEC and any of its agent right to cancell votes if they cannot be reconciled .The results in the debated 17 polling units may be retained by the appeal court....justifying rerun that made Oyetola win......Oyetola may be declared winner.....3. majority decision and minority decision declared that no case of non compliance and irregularity in Osun election. so why deducting votes?Appeal court may uphold minority decision....
keep deceiving yourself with your epistles. Appeal court will affirm the tribunal judgement. Distinguished senator Ademola Adeleke will get his mandate back. Just be patient with his government.
Re: Appeal Court To Deliver Judgement On Osun Governorship Election Tomorrow by Horlasod: 6:21am On May 09, 2019
It's nice to hear from you again bro......Have been trying to get your contact and find a way of communicating with you........If there is any means of getting your contact I will be willing to hear back from from you, thanks sir
Johnnyessence:
keep deceiving yourself with your epistles. Appeal court will affirm the tribunal judgement. Distinguished senator Ademola Adeleke will get his mandate back. Just be patient with his government.
Re: Appeal Court To Deliver Judgement On Osun Governorship Election Tomorrow by Johnnyessence(m): 6:40am On May 09, 2019
Ashamed of imminent humiliation, Oyetola begs Pa Buhari to intervene on OSUN judgements...

...Pledges total loyalty to the president...

There are emerging indications that travails of Senator Ademola Adeleke, the ‘governor-elect’ in the 2018 governorship election in Osun State, may not be unconnected to the use of the federal might to emasculate the Senator towards protecting the candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in that election, Governor Gboyega Oyetola of Osun State, whose victory was out rightly overturned by the Governorship election Tribunal in Osun State.

A presidency source disclosed to National Daily that the embattled Osun Governor currently at the Court of Appeal to save his job, allegedly begged President Muhammadu Buhari to intervene and him in the power tussle he has with Senator Adeleke over the governorship seat.

The Osun governor was said to have persuaded the President that his intervention and support would be in the interest of the ruling APC, saying that the party will lose states under its control of Osun goes to the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).

Our source said that the governor’s advisers have studied the case and realized that the governor does not have good case against Senator Adeleke; thereby, advised on soliciting the support of the president to intervene through the use of executive powers.

Senator Adeleke is being prosecuted by the Police over certificate scandal after an Appeal Court had declared the senator qualified to contest governorship election. The prosecution has been generating controversies from notable stakeholders in the polity.

Meanwhile, Governor Oyetola while still in office remains perturbed over the unknown over the suit at the Appeal Court. The fear of uncertainty was alleged to have put the Osun governor under pressure to seek help through the use of political powers from above to devastate his opponent, Senator Adeleke, for his own survival while the court proceedings continue.

The belief, according to our source, is that getting Adeleke out of the way may weaken the PDP while the APC could take advantage of the vacuum to upturn the case.

APC National Chairman, Adams Oshiomhole, and former Osun Governor, Rauf Aregbesola, were mobilized to prevail on the president to save Governor Oyetola in the legal tussle with Adeleke. The Osun governor subsequently, pledged his total loyalty to the president.

The President was, however, said to be playing with caution, particularly, when the APC national leader, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, is being suspected to be playing a relatively different game in the party. Governor Oyetola conceived to be sponsored by Tinubu is also generating some mutual distrust in the presidency.
Re: Appeal Court To Deliver Judgement On Osun Governorship Election Tomorrow by Johnnyessence(m): 6:42am On May 09, 2019
Horlasod:
It's nice to hear from you again bro......Have been trying to get your contact and find a way of communicating with you........If there is any means of getting your contact I will be willing to hear back from from you, thanks sir
this is my contact number : 08065640627. Thanks for your reply .

1 Like

Re: Appeal Court To Deliver Judgement On Osun Governorship Election Tomorrow by Johnnyessence(m): 6:44am On May 09, 2019
Horlasod:
you are welcome, today's sittings will start by 9am. Let's keep our fingers crossed. Appeal court will affirm the tribunal judgement. Imole de okunkun parada ni ipinle osun .
Re: Appeal Court To Deliver Judgement On Osun Governorship Election Tomorrow by ejimatic: 11:43am On May 09, 2019
tuniski:

The appeal court will unanimously uphold the tribunal judgment.
. I have been vindicated....The law oracles shared my evaluation and conclusion.

1 Like

Re: Appeal Court To Deliver Judgement On Osun Governorship Election Tomorrow by ejimatic: 11:44am On May 09, 2019
Johnnyessence:
. I have been vindicated ..The law oracles shared my views and conclusions.

1 Like

Re: Appeal Court To Deliver Judgement On Osun Governorship Election Tomorrow by AfonjaBoston: 11:49am On May 09, 2019
tuniski:

The appeal court will unanimously uphold the tribunal judgment.

You be mumu.
Re: Appeal Court To Deliver Judgement On Osun Governorship Election Tomorrow by AfonjaBoston: 11:51am On May 09, 2019
Johnnyessence:
I'm here, I dey kampe. Imole de okunkun parada ni ipinle osun. appeal court will affirm the tribunal judgement today in the appeal court of justice. let's be patient.

Imole de okunkun parada ni ipinle osun grin
Re: Appeal Court To Deliver Judgement On Osun Governorship Election Tomorrow by AfonjaBoston: 11:52am On May 09, 2019
Johnnyessence:
this is my contact number : 08065640627. Thanks for your reply .

Imole de okunkun parada ni ipinle osun
I wan buy land
Re: Appeal Court To Deliver Judgement On Osun Governorship Election Tomorrow by Johnnyessence(m): 12:46am On May 10, 2019
AfonjaBoston:

Imole de okunkun parada ni ipinle osun grin
yes Imole de okunkun parada ni ipinle osun . There's hope .
Re: Appeal Court To Deliver Judgement On Osun Governorship Election Tomorrow by Johnnyessence(m): 12:48am On May 10, 2019
AfonjaBoston:

Imole de okunkun parada ni ipinle osun
I wan buy land
how many acres of land do you want to purchase ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Appeal Court To Deliver Judgement On Osun Governorship Election Tomorrow by booksrite(f): 6:24am On Jun 29, 2019
how many acres of land do you want to purchase ?

cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buhari: It’s Unthinkable Any Igbo Man Wants To Leave Nigeria / Femi Adesina: There Would’ve Been No Nigeria Again If Buhari Didn’t Win In 2015 / Wike Shows Off His Dance Moves While Commissioning Projects In Rivers (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.