Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,713 members, 7,820,493 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:51 PM

For El Rufai: Detour Off The Yellow Brick Road - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / For El Rufai: Detour Off The Yellow Brick Road (470 Views)

Protest At National Assembly For El-Rufai’s Ministerial Disqualification (Pix) / Kaduna Government Gives Conditions For El-Zakzaky To Travel / N3.5M Monthly Feeding For El-Zakzaky: Lai Mohammed Trends On Twitter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

For El Rufai: Detour Off The Yellow Brick Road by Nobody: 9:41pm On May 08, 2019
Item: NIGERIA TRAVEL BROCHURE by OBJ Tours
Cost: $4.99 (SOLD 04-04-2019, Boston MA)

Page 9- Kaduna:An Alluring Destination

Peaceful streets buzzing with animated human activity greet the visitor to Kaduna metropolis. There is a sense of calm that pervades the air amidst the hustle and bustle of this nameplate northern city, so much that it is almost perceptible to the senses. A strong complement between nature and modernity, tribes and religion, people and animals, characterizes the world-view of residents. So much so that other Nigerians interchangeably call the state 'Home of Peace' and as one Lagosian recently described to me a 'Den of beauty'. On one hand fumes from the automobiles that ply its unusually-for Nigeria- well done roads find their effect mellowed by sweet scents emanating from favorably placed orchards that dot its urban landscape. Herder and farmer walk hand in hand and imam and Pastor preach adherence to the same Abrahamic principles.

Ah, Ahmadu Bello would be proud to return to his capital, surely the vision was sustained into the future. This is Kaduna, welcome to Kaduna.
Particularly pleasing is Nasir El Rufai, the Governor of the state. An astute administrator and circumspect politician, his tenure has heralded an era of prosperity and economic ascendancy for the citizens of Kaduna. Several locally owned industrial farms in the area offer agro tourism options. These establishments run joint programs with their primary customers, livestock herding nomads, that allow the average visitor get a feel of what it is like to practice mixed farming and the transhumance tradition of the fulani people. Ever seen Herzog's 'Herdsmen of the sun', this is your chance to live the dream buddy!

Wait did i mention the ever beautiful and well appointed Kajuru castle? This destination is as safe as it gets. A hub for tourists and resident expatriates, you definitely can't go wrong at this spot for a day out with the family.

Frankly, after spending a day in Kaduna, you'd be wondering why Lagos? Abuja? Why did the darn company send you down to Port Harcourt and Warri ? Kaduna is a no brainer. Tell your friends about it. But not too many. let this be our secret!

THE END

I guess this is why El Rufai the governor of peace, religious sensitivity and self control saw it fit to come TO Lagos and lecture the people about overcoming godfathers. Far from an opportunist and an ethnic bigot, he truly seeks change and wants to make Lagos like Kaduna. Kaduna is a model state, or at least has been since 2015.

Mallam El Rufai really has the answers !!!!

Re: For El Rufai: Detour Off The Yellow Brick Road by Nobody: 10:43pm On May 08, 2019
Southwest no see am coming..

March..Dem dey shout Osibanjo/ elrufia..
April .. tinubu/ elrufia..
May..elrufia is a fool..
grin grin

Only if they know and understand the fact that the entire north condone and accept tinubu and his corhots just because of Baba...

I wish them continues denial of reality... Happy day dreaming

1 Like

Re: For El Rufai: Detour Off The Yellow Brick Road by Peacecore: 11:18pm On May 08, 2019
bounty007:
Southwest no see am coming..

March..Dem dey shout Osibanjo/ elrufia..
April .. tinubu/ elrufia..
May..elrufia is a fool..
grin grin

Only if they know and understand the fact that the entire north condone and accept tinubu and his corhots just because of Baba...

I wish them continues denial of reality... Happy day dreaming
I'm not from SW but I don't like reading some foolish comment like this of urs bcoz ur perceived enemy is involved. It marveled me how I see u fanning ur sore enemy El_rufai .

But note this North is not ruling thus country beyond 2023 n I pity u bcoz I'll shift ur post to 2027
Re: For El Rufai: Detour Off The Yellow Brick Road by SarkinYarki: 11:21pm On May 08, 2019
Hahahahaha ElRufai has read the riot act to the Tin Godfather grin grin grin and now his media has started their slander
Re: For El Rufai: Detour Off The Yellow Brick Road by BuhariAdvocate: 11:32pm On May 08, 2019
Only Obasanjo know this man very well. The Former Nigerian President Obasanjo has summed up and give the fitted description of his Former Minister and now the Governor of Kaduna State, Obasanjo gave the revelation in his book tittled “My Watch” which was launched some years ago and the testimony according to Mr Obasanjo was on the account of personal experience and encounter with Nasir Elrufai.

Obasanjo Wrote:

“Nasir El Rufai’s penchant for reputation savaging is almost pathological. Why does he do it? He is brilliant and smart. I grant him that too. Very early in my interaction with him, I appreciated his talent and brilliance. At the same time I recognized his weakness.

The worst is his inability to be loyal to anybody or any issue consistently for long, but only to Nasir El Rufai. He barefacedly lied which he did to me severally about his colleagues and so called friends.

I have heard about how he ruthlessly savaged the reputation of his uncle, a man who was like in the African setting , his foster father. I shuddered when I heard of what he did to his half brother in the air force who was senior to him.

So when Osita Chidoka approached me among others, prodding Nasir as my possible successor, believing that whoever I supported would make it, which was a false belief, did not hesitate to point to Nasir’s naivety and immaturity, talk less of his inability to give honor to whom honor is due.

My vivid recollection of El Rufai is his penchant for lying, for unfair embellishment of stories and his inability to sustain loyalty for long. Two years after I left office, Osita came to me to confirm how right I was on my assessment and judgement of El Rufai. Nasir was described as a malicious liar.

He is more than that. He is a pathological purveyor of half truths and half truths with little and no regard for integrity.” – Olusegun Obasanjo

MEMOIR (MY WATCH VOL2)
Re: For El Rufai: Detour Off The Yellow Brick Road by Nobody: 11:32pm On May 08, 2019
Peacecore:
I'm not from SW but I don't like reading some foolish comment like this of urs bcoz ur perceived enemy is involved. It marveled me how I see u fanning ur sore enemy El_rufai .

But note this North is not ruling thus country beyond 2023 n I pity u bcoz I'll shift ur post to 2027
You're from Southwest..
The north will rule Nigeria beyond 2027..that's reality..
The north don't like Tinubu and won't confirm him..once Buhari is out of power..
Western president is death on arrival ...
Southneast ain't pushing presidency..

Now take a walk to any northern town and tell Tinubu for president or Osibanjo for president...listen to opinions.

President is between kwankwaso.. elrufia.. tambuwal..ribadu ..even saraki will take a shot...

Meanwhile as it is right now...north ain't queing behind Buhari...
None of the northern state is secured..except Central..

Atiku might be coming ...for real..

Make your survey ..and take your sample...even from abokis near you.. believe they're every where..

Stylishly ask them..tinubu for president or Osibanjo even fashola..get dia response...and be honest about that...
Re: For El Rufai: Detour Off The Yellow Brick Road by Nobody: 11:34pm On May 08, 2019
SarkinYarki:
Hahahahaha ElRufai has read the riot act to the Tin Godfather grin grin grin and now his media has started their slander

Slander and propaganda won't change nothing...

Elrufia just said what 99/ of northerners know...
Even almajiris...

Nothing new....
If you stay in the north...
Re: For El Rufai: Detour Off The Yellow Brick Road by Nobody: 11:55pm On May 08, 2019
SarkinYarki:

Rather flattered that I am considered as SW media. That being said, el rufai is one opportunist that has it coming for him very soon. Hopefully with him out of the way we will hear less about his mannerless son spewing hate and rubbish as well.

(1) (Reply)

Ministry Of Health Should Investigate Cases Of Death In All Federal Hopsitals / FG Abolishes Degree/hnd Dichotomy In Civil Defence, Immigration, Others / Why I Have Decided To Be Part Of The Upcoming Election - Goodluck Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.