Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,339 members, 7,829,861 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:43 PM

Noussair Mazraoui Breaks His Fast On The Pitch - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Noussair Mazraoui Breaks His Fast On The Pitch (46360 Views)

Lampard Breaks His Hand Celebrating Everton Win Against Newcastle / Wesley Fofana Breaks His Fast During Match, Thanks EPL / Drogba Hails Mohamed Salah As He Breaks His Premier League Record (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Noussair Mazraoui Breaks His Fast On The Pitch by Malamissah(m): 10:12am On May 09, 2019
And you that is not a fool can u tell us d time difference..dey are 1hr ahead which means they will breakfast even before is in Nigeria here..
Musharraf7:
u must be a fool to think 8pmin Nigeria is also 8 pm in Holland. smh

1 Like

Re: Noussair Mazraoui Breaks His Fast On The Pitch by Godsgift7837: 10:12am On May 09, 2019
They are ahead of Nigeria but the person in question had to prepare for a football match maybe he was not chanced to break the fast before the game kicked off.
KendrickAyomide:
shut up what you were trying to say is that they might be hours behind Nigeria.
Re: Noussair Mazraoui Breaks His Fast On The Pitch by Siralgebra04(m): 10:15am On May 09, 2019
willy2000:

Don't be an olodo. Breaking of fast is normally at sunset, and the sun doesn't set in the Netherlands at 7 pm. It is already sommer time, the suns sets at about 8.45 - 9-15 pm
If that is d case, then d guy wasn't fasting at all cos d news says he broke d fast 24 mins into d play which was 8:24pm.
Re: Noussair Mazraoui Breaks His Fast On The Pitch by majamajic(m): 10:15am On May 09, 2019
ladiesreject:
Lies
They broke fast even before kickoff.
Kickoff was 8pm, fasting ended at 6:45pm.
Make Una de lie small small abeg.
Person no fit drink water again?
Holland and Nigeria are not using the same time ,
Re: Noussair Mazraoui Breaks His Fast On The Pitch by JARUSHUB: 10:15am On May 09, 2019
ladiesreject:

Holland is GMT+2, which is 1hour ahead of us.
So, fasting ended by 7:45 in Holland and he didn't break his own till after the match? Meaning he played that match without food or water for almost 13hours? He'll faint!
Just because some blogger posted something, that doesn't mean we should just believe. He may or may not be correct. Is this the first time we are seeing players drinking water on the pitch? So because it's Ramadan, everything should now center around fasting and breaking fast? Do you even know if the player actually fasted?

It's fair to say that you're an idiot.

It is not "some bloggers".

UK tabloid, SUN, reported same: https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/9032801/ajax-spurs-fasting-ramadan-ziyech-mazraoui-food-gel/
Re: Noussair Mazraoui Breaks His Fast On The Pitch by Siralgebra04(m): 10:19am On May 09, 2019
Godsgift7837:
They are ahead of Nigeria but the person in question had to prepare for a football match maybe he was not chanced to break the fast before the game kicked off.
U are logically wrong. To get water or juice in d dressing room (or any other part of d stadium) is faster than during match.
Re: Noussair Mazraoui Breaks His Fast On The Pitch by Gabson001(m): 10:26am On May 09, 2019
Make them dey waste their precious time all in the name of fasting
Re: Noussair Mazraoui Breaks His Fast On The Pitch by nevilbot: 10:30am On May 09, 2019
ladiesreject:
Lies

Kickoff was 8pm, fasting ended at 6:45pm. (7:45pm in Nederland)

Thats because you don't understand the difference in season BTW Africa and Europe. So you think its like Africa where the sun sets by 6:45pm almost all year round abi. In Europe during spring and summer, by that 7:45pm (6:45pm in Nigeria) you are referring to, the sun is still out and shining and blazing. Sun does not set in Europe during these seasons until after 9pm and at the peak until after 10pm and d sun is already out by 4am. The match started in europe by 9pm CET . by this time, the sun was still up. This will account for why he didn't break his fast until 9:25pm Netherlands time because that was when d sun went down. Ramadan fasting is dictated daily by the rising and setting of the sun in your specific location. It is not uniform all over the world

So not everywhere is like Nigeria. Attached is the weather and season report for Europe. So plz stop talking about what u don't know.

Re: Noussair Mazraoui Breaks His Fast On The Pitch by willy2000(m): 10:39am On May 09, 2019
Siralgebra04:

If that is d case, then d guy wasn't fasting at all cos d news says he broke d fast 24 mins into d play which was 8:24pm.

Dude, where are you from? the time I gave is relative to where I stay. I don't live in the Netherland and can't say when the sun sets.
The main thing is, he broke his fast after the sun had set.
Re: Noussair Mazraoui Breaks His Fast On The Pitch by Jeffman1419(m): 10:47am On May 09, 2019
gocac:
Just imagine...... Football knows no religion.

If your fasting its your fucking business, to inconvenience people with your rubbish fasting.

After fasting, you wear suicide vest to blow up people... Fasting my foot.
Go get sense nd better ask ur momma maybe you're her true son.... Nonsense
Re: Noussair Mazraoui Breaks His Fast On The Pitch by Siralgebra04(m): 10:48am On May 09, 2019
willy2000:

Dude, where are you from? the time I gave is relative to where I stay. I don't live in the Netherland and can't say when the sun sets.
The main thing is, he broke his fast after the sun had set.
There is no proof he was fasting neither is there any proof d water he took was meant to break his fast. Period!
Case closed.

1 Like

Re: Noussair Mazraoui Breaks His Fast On The Pitch by airprinz(m): 11:29am On May 09, 2019
Game of football demands a lot of energy?
Why would he fast and play at the same time?
That's why choice is important in anything we do in life.
He would have go for one and leave the other.

Or is it a crime in Islam to skip a day on fast days without fasting?
Come here and attack me, I wont just give a fvck about that
Re: Noussair Mazraoui Breaks His Fast On The Pitch by phantom24: 11:34am On May 09, 2019
ladiesreject:
Lies

point of correction Nigerian time is not the same with holland it should b (-5 )hours diference so 8pm here should be 3 pm over there.
Re: Noussair Mazraoui Breaks His Fast On The Pitch by aribisala0(m): 11:44am On May 09, 2019
ednut1:
u no dey exposed lol. Sunsets in europe sometimes 9pm
Mr exposed what are the fasting times for Amsterdam or the Netehrlands in relation to Nigeria?
Re: Noussair Mazraoui Breaks His Fast On The Pitch by aribisala0(m): 11:45am On May 09, 2019
Hakeem Olajuwon is noted for fasting during Ramaddan and sometimes his performance is said to have improved
Re: Noussair Mazraoui Breaks His Fast On The Pitch by aribisala0(m): 11:47am On May 09, 2019
phantom24:

point of correction Nigerian time is not the same with holland it should b (-5 )hours diference so 8pm here should be 3 pm over there.

It is one hour difference in summer. i.e one hour ahead and the time for Iftar in Amsterdam is 20.05

During the winter the times are the same
Re: Noussair Mazraoui Breaks His Fast On The Pitch by saintneo(m): 12:11pm On May 09, 2019
ladiesreject:
Lies

Countries in Europe is on a different latitude compared to countries in Africa. At this time of the year the northernmost parts of the world experience longer daylight period; thus sunset at Amsterdam is around 21:19 hours. By mid June sunset can be around 23:00 hours.

Click link to see sunset at Amsterdam
Re: Noussair Mazraoui Breaks His Fast On The Pitch by willy2000(m): 12:15pm On May 09, 2019
Siralgebra04:

There is no proof he was fasting neither is there any proof d water he took was meant to break his fast. Period!
Case closed.
Clap for your self, very smart and intelligent of you. Looking for proof when it is not needed. smh
Instead of yielding you want to sound intelligent by looking for proof.
Next time, before posting research and educate yourself, before displaying your ignorance.

Imagine you saying kickoff is 8 pm as if it is 8pm everywhere.
Re: Noussair Mazraoui Breaks His Fast On The Pitch by ednut1(m): 12:18pm On May 09, 2019
aribisala0:
Mr exposed what are the fasting times for Amsterdam or the Netehrlands in relation to Nigeria?
i once stayed in uk ( ur location na birmingham lol oniro oshi- u sabi edgbaston or erdington,)with a muslim uncle. U go just dey display ignorance upandan.

Re: Noussair Mazraoui Breaks His Fast On The Pitch by willy2000(m): 12:22pm On May 09, 2019
ladiesreject:

Holland is GMT+2, which is 1hour ahead of us.
So, fasting ended by 7:45 in Holland and he didn't break his own till after the match? Meaning he played that match without food or water for almost 13hours? He'll faint!
Just because some blogger posted something, that doesn't mean we should just believe. He may or may not be correct. Is this the first time we are seeing players drinking water on the pitch? So because it's Ramadan, everything should now center around fasting and breaking fast? Do you even know if the player actually fasted?

It's fair to say that you're an idiot.

Sometime a little research will do you some good, and not shamefully displaying your ignorance online. I am not a Muslim but I know they break their fast not based on time but with respect to when the sun sets. With that knowledge, the question you should ask, is when does the sunset in his location? Unless you want also tell me the Earth is flat and everyone sees the sunrise and sunset at the same time.

NB: there is something called www.google.com learn how to use it.
Re: Noussair Mazraoui Breaks His Fast On The Pitch by willy2000(m): 12:23pm On May 09, 2019
ednut1:
i once stayed in uk ( ur location na birmingham lol oniro oshi- u sabi edgbaston or erdington,)with a muslim uncle. U go just dey display ignorance upandan.

You don't need to spoon fed them, if they don't know how to use google.
Re: Noussair Mazraoui Breaks His Fast On The Pitch by willy2000(m): 12:25pm On May 09, 2019
Malamissah:
Please what's the time difference...they are 1hr ahead of us meaning they will even breakfast before Nigeria so what are you guys saying

Thank u...have been looking for who will educate ladiesreject on time differences... Him just talk bagaa...no thinking
You breakfast when the sunsets.
Re: Noussair Mazraoui Breaks His Fast On The Pitch by stagger: 12:32pm On May 09, 2019
Godsgift7837:
You’ve to understand that there’s a time difference between Nigeria and where He’s.

Amsterdam is 1 hour behind Nigeria when Daylight Savings Time is on. Therefore, the 24th minute of the match was actually 7.24pm in Amsterdam, close to an hour after official breaking of the fast. He was probably taking some nutrition because there is no way he will eat proper food within 30 minutes of such a competitive match. He probably broke the fast with something a lot lighter like fruits.

People should stop telling cheap lies.
Re: Noussair Mazraoui Breaks His Fast On The Pitch by aribisala0(m): 12:33pm On May 09, 2019
ednut1:
i once stayed in uk with a muslim uncle. U go just dey display ignorance upandan. Local man
Who asked you your biography?
Stop making noise

First this is not about the UK it is about the Netherlands

There are two factors
First summer winter time

Right now it is summertime and in the UK the time is the same as Nigeria. In the winter the clocks go backwards by one hour.
The Netherlands does the same but is one hour ahead of the UK and so now is one hour ahead of Nigeria

In the summer the length of sunlight hour increases progressively till the longest day around June 21 when the sun is out from as early as 4.00 am till as late as 11.00 pm . In some parts of Europe the darkness period may not exceed 30 mimutes -so called land of midnight sun.
The reverse happens in winter when it gets dark from as early as 4.30 pm till 8.00 the next day and in some places daylight may not exceed one hour

Secondly the Islamic calendar moves with the moon and so Ramadan could be anytime from January to December

Of cource this could mean if daylight rules are followed fasting for as long as 23 hours or as brief as 30 minutes if daylight is
followed.Some fatwas have been issued with controversy e.g some have suggested following the times in Mecca.

Back to the issue here the current time for Iftar in the Netherlands is 8.05 pm which is 7.05 Nigerian time whilst the kickoff time for the game was 8.00 pm Nigerian and 9.00 pm Netherlands
So remind me what is your point exactly
Re: Noussair Mazraoui Breaks His Fast On The Pitch by aribisala0(m): 12:35pm On May 09, 2019
willy2000:

Sometime a little research will do you some good, and not shamefully displaying your ignorance online. I am not a Muslim but I know they break their fast not based on time but with respect to when the sun sets. With that knowledge, the question you should ask, is when does the sunset in his location? Unless you want also tell me the Earth is flat and everyone sees the sunrise and sunset at the same time.

NB: there is something called www.google.com learn how to use it.
It is called Ifta you take your own advice use Google.com and check the Iftar times for the Netherlands.
Re: Noussair Mazraoui Breaks His Fast On The Pitch by willy2000(m): 12:36pm On May 09, 2019
stagger:

Amsterdam is 1 hour behind Nigeria when Daylight Savings Time is on. Therefore, the 24th minute of the match was actually 7.24pm in Amsterdam, close to an hour after official breaking of the fast. He was probably taking some nutrition because there is no way he will eat proper food within 30 minutes of such a competitive match. He probably broke the fast with something a lot lighter like fruits.

People should stop telling cheap lies.
Amsterdam is not and can never be 1hr behind Nigeria, It is 1hr ahead. and when he broke his fast it was 9.24pm.
Re: Noussair Mazraoui Breaks His Fast On The Pitch by Noordeen(m): 12:36pm On May 09, 2019
Seems like a lot of us don't understand the concept of Islamic fasting. Fasting is from dawn to dusk and not time based. The guy needed to wait till sunset before breaking the fast and in this case of Netherlands, during the game.
The fact that the sun sets around 6:30 to 7:00p.m in Nigeria does not mean it does so everywhere else.

nevilbot:

Thats because you don't understand the difference in season BTW Africa and Europe. So you think its like Africa where the sun sets by 6:45pm almost all year round abi. In Europe during spring and summer, by that 7:45pm (6:45pm in Nigeria) you are referring to, the sun is still out and shining and blazing. Sun does not set in Europe during these seasons until after 9pm and at the peak until after 10pm and d sun is already out by 4am. The match started in europe by 9pm CET . by this time, the sun was still up. This will account for why he didn't break his fast until 9:25pm Netherlands time because that was when d sun went down. Ramadan fasting is dictated daily by the rising and setting of the sun in your specific location. It is not uniform all over the world

So not everywhere is like Nigeria. Attached is the weather and season report for Europe. So plz stop talking about what u don't know.
Re: Noussair Mazraoui Breaks His Fast On The Pitch by aribisala0(m): 12:42pm On May 09, 2019
Noordeen:
Seems like a lot of us don't understand the concept of Islamic fasting. Fasting is from dawn to dusk and not time based. The guy needed to wait till sunset before breaking the fast and in this case of Netherlands, during the game.
The fact that the sun sets around 6:30 to 7:00p.m in Nigeria does not mean it does so everywhere else.

What was the factual official time time for breaking the fast in the Netherlands on 08 May 2019
Re: Noussair Mazraoui Breaks His Fast On The Pitch by ednut1(m): 12:43pm On May 09, 2019
aribisala0:
Who asked you your biography?
Stop making noise

First this is not about the UK it is about the Netherlands

There are two factors
First summer winter time

Right now it is summertime and in the UK the time is the same as Nigeria. In the winter the clocks go backwards by one hour.
The Netherlands does the same but is one hour ahead of the UK and so now is one hour ahead of Nigeria

In the summer the length of sunlight hour increases progressively till the longest day around June 21 when the sun is out from as early as 4.00 am till as late as 11.00 pm . In some parts of Europe the darkness period may not exceed 30 mimutes -so called land of midnight sun.
The reverse happens in winter when it gets dark from as early as 4.30 pm till 8.00 the next day and in some places daylight may not exceed one hour

Secondly the Islamic calendar moves with the moon and so Ramadan could be anytime from January to December

Of cource this could mean if daylight rules are followed fasting for as long as 23 hours or as brief as 30 minutes if daylight is
followed.Some fatwas have been issued with controversy e.g some have suggested following the times in Mecca.

Back to the issue here the current time for Iftar in the Netherlands is 8.05 pm which is 7.05 Nigerian time whilst the kickoff time for the game was 8.00 pm Nigerian and 9.00 pm Netherlands
So remind me what is your point exactly
uk time and nigeria time is the same now. Till winter comes. So mr man u are ignorant. Iftar was 9.18 in holland ydae google it. Olodo

Re: Noussair Mazraoui Breaks His Fast On The Pitch by willy2000(m): 12:43pm On May 09, 2019
Noordeen:

can you please educate this dude.

aribisala0:
It is called Ifta you take your own advice use Google.com and check the Iftar times for the Netherlands.

You don't need to tell me what it is called, Like i said in my previous post, I am not a muslim, but i know Ramadam fast is not time based.

Re: Noussair Mazraoui Breaks His Fast On The Pitch by aribisala0(m): 12:50pm On May 09, 2019
willy2000:

can you please educate this dude.

You don't need to tell me what it is called, Like i said in my previous post, I am not a muslim, but i know Ramadam fast is not time based.
Yes it is not time based we know but your underlying premise is wrong the Iftar time yesterday in Amsterdam was before the game started
Re: Noussair Mazraoui Breaks His Fast On The Pitch by willy2000(m): 12:52pm On May 09, 2019
aribisala0:
Yes it is not time based we know but your underlying premise is wrong the Iftar time yesterday in Amsterdam was before the game started

make i use pidgin, ...... follow this link and see the Iftar time or whatever for today.

https://www.google.com/search?client=ms-opera-mini-android&channel=new&ei=9A_UXIzqDof3kwWa469Y&q=iftar+netherlands&oq=iftar+nether&gs_l=psy-ab.1.0.0i22i30l2.267631.273065..274482...1.0..1.206.1486.0j11j1......0....1..gws-wiz.......0i71j0j0i67j0i203j0i324.PBUjogRBxrI

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nairalanders At The World Cup In Qatar, Identify Yourself / Iheanacho, Ndidi Celebrate His Premier League Player Of The Month Award (Photos) / Oshoala Says Her Dad's Not Happy With Her Celebration.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.