Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,713 members, 7,816,941 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:41 PM

Harry Kane 'hopeful' Of Being Fit For Champions League Final - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Harry Kane 'hopeful' Of Being Fit For Champions League Final (11665 Views)

Napoli Players Blame Osimhen For Champions League Exit / Petition To Ban Lionel Messi For Champions League ‘Punch’ Passes 3,500 Signature / Wike Wrestling Championship Begins As Rivers, Lagos Hopeful Of Winning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Harry Kane 'hopeful' Of Being Fit For Champions League Final by ogbiwa: 5:47am On May 09, 2019
Tottenham striker Harry Kane is "hopeful" of being fit for the Champions League final against Liverpool in Madrid on 1 June.

Kane, who has not played since 9 April when he suffered an ankle injury, saw his side fight back from 3-0 down on aggregate against Ajax to draw 3-3 and go through to the final on away goals.

"Rehab is going well," said Kane.

"I started straight line running this week and I have to start training even harder to prove myself to the gaffer."

Ajax won the first leg 1-0 in London and looked to be heading to the final when goals from Matthijs de Ligt and Hakim Ziyech gave the Dutch side a 3-0 overall lead.

However, a second-half hat-trick from Lucas Moura, including a 96th-minute winner, took Tottenham into their first Champions League final.

Kane, who was injured during the first leg of the quarter-final tie against Manchester City, added: "I'm a fan first and foremost and I know how much it means to the club.

"It was a disappointing first half and we let them play. I went into the dressing room at half-time and we knew it [the performance] wasn't good enough. We said we had 45 minutes to give everything.

"The lads dug deep and showed passion and that is all you can ask for. We had to wait to get the third in the last minute and we found a way. That's what football is about and we have the final to come."

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/48209763

Re: Harry Kane 'hopeful' Of Being Fit For Champions League Final by anambraamaka: 5:59am On May 09, 2019
See his life grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Harry Kane 'hopeful' Of Being Fit For Champions League Final by Homers123(m): 6:00am On May 09, 2019
That will make the final a whole lot interesting.
Re: Harry Kane 'hopeful' Of Being Fit For Champions League Final by Shikini: 6:00am On May 09, 2019
He's not no longer needed.

Coach should not gamble with 'winning team'

17 Likes

Re: Harry Kane 'hopeful' Of Being Fit For Champions League Final by igwefivestar(m): 6:00am On May 09, 2019
ogbiwa:
Tottenham striker Harry Kane is "hopeful" of being fit for the Champions League final against Liverpool in Madrid on 1 June.

Kane, who has not played since 9 April when he suffered an ankle injury, saw his side fight back from 3-0 down on aggregate against Ajax to draw 3-3 and go through to the final on away goals.

"Rehab is going well," said Kane.

"I started straight line running this week and I have to start training even harder to prove myself to the gaffer."

Ajax won the first leg 1-0 in London and looked to be heading to the final when goals from Matthijs de Ligt and Hakim Ziyech gave the Dutch side a 3-0 overall lead.

However, a second-half hat-trick from Lucas Moura, including a 96th-minute winner, took Tottenham into their first Champions League final.

Kane, who was injured during the first leg of the quarter-final tie against Manchester City, added: "I'm a fan first and foremost and I know how much it means to the club.

"It was a disappointing first half and we let them play. I went into the dressing room at half-time and we knew it [the performance] wasn't good enough. We said we had 45 minutes to give everything.

"The lads dug deep and showed passion and that is all you can ask for. We had to wait to get the third in the last minute and we found a way. That's what football is about and we have the final to come."

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/48209763

ok
Re: Harry Kane 'hopeful' Of Being Fit For Champions League Final by incogni2o: 6:01am On May 09, 2019
Good Morning Eveyone

1 Like

Re: Harry Kane 'hopeful' Of Being Fit For Champions League Final by Gosj01(m): 6:01am On May 09, 2019
Time to shine!

No Messi, No Ronaldo!

I sell cheap and super neat laptops.

Details on signature.
Re: Harry Kane 'hopeful' Of Being Fit For Champions League Final by thoollz: 6:02am On May 09, 2019
If u watch Tottenham's matches whenever this guy plays u'll know he's a setback. He's good no doubt, but he's kinda selfish and that's why they lose against solid teams. He wants to always score even in Impossible situations, where u would expect him to pass for a player to score, he'll blow it away.

25 Likes

Re: Harry Kane 'hopeful' Of Being Fit For Champions League Final by Gokoyer0(m): 6:05am On May 09, 2019
Without him, Spurs had made history already. I am watching in 3D glasses if he will be included during the final game.

2 Likes

Re: Harry Kane 'hopeful' Of Being Fit For Champions League Final by zolaman(f): 6:05am On May 09, 2019
with you or without you, na cane you na go still chop. Liverpool gets the champions league.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Harry Kane 'hopeful' Of Being Fit For Champions League Final by Opiletool(m): 6:06am On May 09, 2019
These big players sometimes ruin matches especially when the game is built around them. To me, what helped Liverpool in the UCL is the fact that salah wasn't fit, hence, he would have been a distraction on the pitch, just like the first leg. But the 2nd leg was an opportunity for every player to showcase his potentials and hustle to win. In the first leg, most passes were sent to salah, hoping he would perform wonders, thereby reducing the number of attacks from other players. I hope Harry kane will not be a distraction to Tottenham this time around.

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Harry Kane 'hopeful' Of Being Fit For Champions League Final by dollarsplenty(m): 6:06am On May 09, 2019
Wishing him quick recovery but let him play from the BENCH. He is not needed now.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Harry Kane 'hopeful' Of Being Fit For Champions League Final by Unigrad: 6:06am On May 09, 2019
Wonderful comeback
This season champions league is so magical.

2 Likes

Re: Harry Kane 'hopeful' Of Being Fit For Champions League Final by Maket: 6:07am On May 09, 2019
Salah too
Re: Harry Kane 'hopeful' Of Being Fit For Champions League Final by internationalman(m): 6:09am On May 09, 2019
Anybody who has been around in Liverpool since the days of Brenda Rodgers is their ill luck..

They should just fetch out the person and bench him.

Otherwise I see Tottenham winning it..
Re: Harry Kane 'hopeful' Of Being Fit For Champions League Final by Ebiskele: 6:10am On May 09, 2019
Kane should just rest well till next season and allow this current squad to complete the season...even if they did not win UCL...get 2gig data for 1200 only

2 Likes

Re: Harry Kane 'hopeful' Of Being Fit For Champions League Final by ofemigeorge(m): 6:12am On May 09, 2019
shocked Ajax was there for a simple purpose ....to remove the big teams, once accomplished Destiny took them out.

6 Likes

Re: Harry Kane 'hopeful' Of Being Fit For Champions League Final by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:15am On May 09, 2019
ofemigeorge:
shocked Ajax was there for a simple purpose ....to remove the big teams, once accomplished Destiny took them out.
Hmmmmmm, this is deep......and maybe TRUE!

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Harry Kane 'hopeful' Of Being Fit For Champions League Final by hisexcellency34: 6:15am On May 09, 2019
Forget it. It's Liverpool's trophy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Harry Kane 'hopeful' Of Being Fit For Champions League Final by eyinola: 6:16am On May 09, 2019
logon599:
I personally would build my final formation with Son, Moura and Alli. I wouldn't want Kane to be a distraction.

Meanwhile, 4 English clubs in the two European finals?
and the final will be played in Spanish soil grin
Re: Harry Kane 'hopeful' Of Being Fit For Champions League Final by RealLordZeus(m): 6:16am On May 09, 2019
Like Salah Like Kane

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Harry Kane 'hopeful' Of Being Fit For Champions League Final by Tekecoms1(m): 6:19am On May 09, 2019
cheesy
Na that day una go lose.
Re: Harry Kane 'hopeful' Of Being Fit For Champions League Final by samsonsanju: 6:20am On May 09, 2019
TweakBox is one of the popular application available in the market which lets you to download and install third party apps and games.Tweakbox
Re: Harry Kane 'hopeful' Of Being Fit For Champions League Final by Aystarz: 6:22am On May 09, 2019
logon599:
I personally would build my final formation with Son, Moura and Alli. I wouldn't want Kane to be a distraction.

Meanwhile, 4 English clubs in the two European finals?

Let's just hope Arsenal don't jinx this '4 English clubs in the two European finals thingy' sha oo.
You know, no other club know how to bottle 'em up quite like Arsenal.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Harry Kane 'hopeful' Of Being Fit For Champions League Final by kolafolabi(m): 6:22am On May 09, 2019
So Lucas Moura will be benched for finals..

1 Like

Re: Harry Kane 'hopeful' Of Being Fit For Champions League Final by enemyofprogress: 6:25am On May 09, 2019
Rubbish final
Re: Harry Kane 'hopeful' Of Being Fit For Champions League Final by ReeLoaDead(m): 6:36am On May 09, 2019
Kane will have to ask Moura for permission first ...

meanwhile ...

enemyofprogress:
Rubbish final
a very pained La Liga fan spotted ... make I buy panadol for you?? grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Harry Kane 'hopeful' Of Being Fit For Champions League Final by NoBetterNigeria: 6:36am On May 09, 2019
Where are the losers that always says EPL is shit UCL final all English team, Europa all English team, hopeful...

4 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Birmingham 2022: Laidi Taiwo Claims Silver In Women's Weightlifting Event / Tips To Feel Better When Your Favourite Team Loses / CAF Invites Akpabio And Uduaghan To AFCON Final.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.