Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,491 members, 7,816,162 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:53 AM

I Will Fulfill My Promises, Says President Jonathan: - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Will Fulfill My Promises, Says President Jonathan: (542 Views)

Chibok Girls: Jonathan Making Empty Promises, Says Buhari Campaign Organisation / I Will Hand Over If I Lose, Says President Jonathan / I Will Fulfill My Promises, Says President ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Will Fulfill My Promises, Says President Jonathan: by MRMoneyE(m): 4:38am On Sep 22, 2010
[size=14pt]From JULIANA TAIWO, Abuja
Wednesday, September 22, 2010

President Goodluck Jonathan
More Stories on This Section
President Goodluck Jonathan has stressed that the promises he made during his declaration last Saturday were not just campaign jargons, but he will fulfill if elected.
The President stated this in a message he issued, thanking Nigerians for their massive support given to him when he formally declared his interest to contest the 2011 election “We wish to reassure Nigerians that commitment to the transformation of our country is unwavering. There is work to be done, and in the last few months we have rolled up our sleeves to tackle those issues that still hold us in the back waters of development”

The President who assured Nigerians that he will tackle the problems of power, security, infrastructure and the economy, also declared that the war on corruption is in top gear with the ongoing high profile trials.
“Last Saturday, I formally declared my intention to run for the office of President of our great nation in the 2011 general elections with Vice President Mohammed Namadi Sambo as my running mate.

Because of you, the great and untiring Nigerian people, the event was a huge success, and will continue to echo down our annals as a day that we all spoke with one voice, in unity, solidarity and faith in our ability to transform Nigeria. I thank you all”
He also reiterated his determination to build a new nation, and set the country irrevocably on a path to catch up with and indeed overtake Nigeria’s peers of yesteryears.

“With the support of you all, we will deliver on this promise. We shall burn our candles at both ends to deliver on electricity; we shall reverse the decades of decay that have beset our infrastructure; we are determined to put our economy back to work for the sake of our people. We are determined to continue to deliver on the promise of a good life for all Nigerians,” he said.
He commended the record response by Nigerians from all walks of life and the joy and gaiety of the occasion, which he said stood as an eloquent testimony that the  message of hope and commitment delivered that day is resonating exceedingly across the land.

“Vice-President Sambo and I wish to join our Campaign Organization to express our heartfelt appreciation to our elder statesmen, the leadership of the National Assembly, State Governors, Distinguished Senators and Honourable members of the House of Representatives, Captains of industry and titans of commerce, women’s groups, youth and students, who besieged Abuja and particularly Eagle Square to join in the occasion”
He also thank the various entertainers, musicians and stand-up artistes, actors and actresses, who spiced up the audience, galvanized and inspired the youth whose future we are committed to serving by ensuring a greater tomorrow for the country.

This is just as he also thanked millions of Nigerians who witnessed the event at home and abroad via the electronic media and the internet and for their messages of hope and encouragement.?“Once again, we thank you for your overwhelming support. The time for transformation is now, and of this, there must be no doubt.”[/size]

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2010/sept/22/national-22-09-2010-003.htm
Re: I Will Fulfill My Promises, Says President Jonathan: by MRMoneyE(m): 4:40am On Sep 22, 2010
At least we still trust you to some extent compare to the Evil ONE grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: I Will Fulfill My Promises, Says President Jonathan: by icare1: 10:41am On Sep 23, 2010
A PROMISE IS NOT A MANIFESTO. A MANIFESTO IS THE PLAN TO FULFILL YOUR PROMISE.
EVERY POLITICIAN MAKE PROMISES , HOWEVER THE PLAN EXPLAINS HOW THE PROMISE WILL BE FULFILLED. THAT IS THE ONLY THING NIGERIANS CAN USE TO MAKE POLITICIANS ACCOUNTABLE NOT PROMISES.

(1) (Reply)

Leave Apga Out Of Ojukwu Private Political Negotiations / For All Your Printing Needs Call Rsk2print And We Will Be @ Your Doorstep / Please, Celebrate Me: But For What?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.