Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,368 members, 7,815,786 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:22 PM

Why Studying Abroad Is A Bad Idea - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Why Studying Abroad Is A Bad Idea (1373 Views)

Why Studying In Sweden Is A Great Idea? / Studying Abroad is not as Expensive as you think / I Am Now Depending On Friends For Food And Shelter -nigerian Man Studying Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Studying Abroad Is A Bad Idea by iresidency(m): 5:24pm On May 09, 2019
Gotcha! Didn’t I? grin You clicked and you are here. Well, since you are here, you might as well continue reading.

I think studying abroad is not a good idea but [b]the best idea [/b]I have ever heard in over 3 decades. If you have been paying attention, and old enough to remember what it was like back in the 80s in 9ija you will understand what am talking about.

Back then, if you had a university degree, you can be sure of a decent job. If you looked a little further back in the 70s and 60s, your parents will tell you that just a secondary school certificate is about good enough to land a decent job.

But now look around you, even a Ph.D. holder is struggling to find a job. In fact, most companies will flat out refuse to hire a Ph.D. holder. Why? Cos, (their excuse) they can’t pay them. That’s true in many ways if you think of what it takes to go through studying and writing all those papers to bag that degree. It’s not an easy feat and who would want to take peanuts after all that stress and financial expenditure.
Of course, one can make the argument that school is becoming less and less relevant as the years pass but that’s not the point of this article. That’s a topic for another day.

But take it from me, there are several reasons if why studying abroad is not just a good idea but THE BEST IDEA.

Want to why I think so? Then stay tuned, follow me and COMMENT BELOW PLS and you will be notified on the 2nd installment on this topic. Comment below, say YES to confirm you are really interested in this topic and if you have had any experience getting admission into any school abroad. I will also mention the school that in my humble opinion you should consider.

Of course, if I don’t see enough response I will take it that no one is interested and I will move on. You will agree with me that there is no point in talking about something no one is interested in right?

Okay, enough reading, go now and write your comment quickly!

PS- If you are in a hurry, you can't wait and you want to know about the best schools to study in Turkey PM me and we can talk.
Re: Why Studying Abroad Is A Bad Idea by Aeman(m): 10:32pm On May 09, 2019
Re: Why Studying Abroad Is A Bad Idea by Nobody: 4:43am On May 10, 2019
Hopeless fraudster. You can't even sell your scam well. You can't even give people reasons to study abroad before making them believe they have to choose Turkey. Because its very obvious even to the blind that you just want to market Turkey... Which may eventually be a Visa scam sef.
Re: Why Studying Abroad Is A Bad Idea by KendrickAyomide: 9:46am On May 10, 2019
My friend shut up there. Fallacious scoundrel
Re: Why Studying Abroad Is A Bad Idea by iresidency(m): 9:14am On May 12, 2019
ExcelDeBaron:
Hopeless fraudster. You can't even sell your scam well. You can't even give people reasons to study abroad before making them believe they have to choose Turkey. Because its very obvious even to the blind that you just want to market Turkey... Which may eventually be a Visa scam sef.

I never said Turkey is the best to study abroad. It just happens that this is where I am and what I do know. There are obvious reasons why someone might want to choose Turkey and not another country and some other and not Turkey. It all depends on your circumstance.

Yes, you are right, I want to market Turkey but you are wrong to think I wanted to hide that fact. As for Visa, I wasn't talking about visa though, but now that you mention it yes I do offer visa assistant services.

But then, the scam part is unfortunate, folks have done really bad things so much so that even the genuine people that have legitimate and real businesses offering those services suffer.

Anyway, there is nothing I can do about that fact. I can only be who I am, if business comes my way that's well and good if not, am still going to be okay.
Re: Why Studying Abroad Is A Bad Idea by iresidency(m): 9:18am On May 12, 2019
KendrickAyomide:
My friend shut up there. Fallacious scoundrel

grin It takes one to know the other right?

(1) (Reply)

Black Sunday: UNN Loses 200 Level Medicine Student (tragic Story) / What Course Can My Ward Study With This Result? / BREAKING: ASUU Ends Warning Action; May Begin Indefinite Strike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.