Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,458 members, 7,954,795 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 09:35 AM

Canada Survival Tips For International Students - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Survival Tips For International Students (19289 Views)

German-based Nigerian Man Reveals Survival On Expired Supermarket Scraps / Nigerian Students In Australia: Survival Tips!! / 5 Survival Tips For Long Flights (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Survival Tips For International Students by canadaman18: 3:41pm On May 10, 2019
Lucas4903:
I am wondering the "Strangeness" that comes with Canada.� It's a nice place no doubt and there's nothing like hustling in Canada, u have to have Ur papers to work as every employer will request for Ur work permit but no one is interested in Ur status aslong as u have a valid work permit.
No doubt there are jobs everywhere at least to get a decent living and support Ur folks back home. On the average the lowest paying job should give u $425CAD/week. And I know my Naija peeps can save money. Wishing u all a nice weekend..... With love from Longueuil.

I no dey proud oooo but plz don't send me DMs about Canada I don't know much. Na providence bring me here.
God bless our hustle.

Dont think this is quite correct bud.

Youre only allowed to work 20hrs/week with the exception of holidays e.g summer break , reading week.

Minimum wage is $14 which is what youll earn from most part time jobs(retail e.t.c). that gives $280 / week before tax.

Also just to add no one should come here to hustle please ,you're setting yourself up for misery . You cant work without a SIN which you cant get without authorization via work permit / PR / citizenship.

4 Likes

Re: Canada Survival Tips For International Students by Kingkun69(m): 3:45pm On May 10, 2019
davidflipcy5856:
Canada here I come with highrate of rejection for F-1 VISAS in US embassy
not trying to brag or be mean but why are there so many Nigerians complaining about high rate us rejection for student and immigrant visa I did mine once and got it

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canada Survival Tips For International Students by Lucas4903: 3:49pm On May 10, 2019
canadaman18:

Youre only allowed to work 20hrs/week with the exception of holidays e.g summer break , reading week.

Minimum wage is $14 which is what youll earn from most part time jobs(retail e.t.c). that gives $280 / week before tax.

Also just to add no one should come here to hustle please ,you're setting yourself up for misery . You cant work without a SIN which you cant get without authorization via work permit / PR / citizenship.

I am not here to argue. And you have also spoken right and mind you I am not talking about working as a student. We might have different experiences bro but that's what I see around me. I earn far more than that and I am not in a specialized field though. Depending on which province you live and on the average life isn't hard.

Mind you I am not talking about working as a student I am talking about you working with an "Open Work Permit".
God bless us.
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canada Survival Tips For International Students by nonipeter: 5:05pm On May 10, 2019
Please how did you get work from Toronto please tell me oga ooo
Re: Canada Survival Tips For International Students by nonipeter: 5:18pm On May 10, 2019
Please brother how did you get work from Calgary please tell me brother
Re: Canada Survival Tips For International Students by canadaman18: 6:38pm On May 10, 2019
Lucas4903:

I am not here to argue. And you have also spoken right and mind you I am not talking about working as a student. We might have different experiences bro but that's what I see around me. I earn far more than that and I am not in a specialized field though. Depending on which province you live and on the average life isn't hard.

Mind you I am not talking about working as a student I am talking about you working with an "Open Work Permit".
God bless us.
Thanks

Wasn't arguing , just that the thread is about advice for International Students so OWP wouldn't apply to them.

No doubt as a graduate you should earn more than what I said above but for students that's what you can expect in most cases with the exception of COOPs or Internships that will pay more.

I know you're just trying to help others .

Cheers!

3 Likes

Re: Canada Survival Tips For International Students by pacespot(m): 7:53pm On May 10, 2019
cool
Re: Canada Survival Tips For International Students by AnthonyAk(m): 9:52pm On May 10, 2019
canadaman18:

Tell them oh! because im tired of hearing if i fit just enter , i fit dey wash plate i dey okay or maybe i go start my own taxi dey collect...lol

2 Likes

Re: Canada Survival Tips For International Students by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 10:46am On May 11, 2019
bayocanny:

same here, let's rub minds

Ok then. smiley

(1) (2) (Reply)

Container Truck Tumbles In Maza-maza,lagos (photos) / Lagos-Benin Expressway Blocked Over Ondo Election / The Eyesore Of NPA Lilypond Terminal At Marine Beach, Apapa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.