Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,356 members, 7,819,266 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:31 PM

Help Me Review This Website - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Help Me Review This Website (553 Views)

Please Help Me Review This Website, Njbase.com [need Ur Feedback] / Fellow Weblanders, Help Me Review This Website. / Please Help Me Review This Blog... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help Me Review This Website by worldsearc(m): 10:55am On Sep 22, 2010
I just finished developing the beta edition for a gateway website for Nigeria. The website address is www.omavo.com.

I will want your comments and criticism. It will help modify or improve on some of the applications.

Thanks in advance.
Re: Help Me Review This Website by chukxy: 2:05pm On Sep 22, 2010
Hi worldsearc, your website looks cool and professional; however, it took me much time to decipher the purpose of the website.
In other words, I was expecting at a glance to know what the website is meant for. If you can do something on that, it will be great.
Re: Help Me Review This Website by worldsearc(m): 2:30pm On Sep 22, 2010
@chukxy,

Thanks for your review.

I actually built it to hold all manner of local contents in Nigeria. My target is the search engines. I am fiddling with Google, Ask and Yahoo Search. I am building my contents to at least 1million relevant articles. This is the current screenshot of the traffic google search alone sends to the site:

I am monetising using google adsense. Google currently sends about 5,400 unique internet users to the website monthly. This is exactly why Wikipedia is huge. Wikipedia gets over millions of traffic from google search alone.
Re: Help Me Review This Website by chukxy: 2:40pm On Sep 22, 2010
Yes, I'm not contesting that, that was why I said , it looked professional in my first comment. I also think you should increase the result you are getting now by making it give an enticing info of what the site is all about at a glance.Anyways, that is my opinion.
Re: Help Me Review This Website by Nobody: 9:35am On Sep 27, 2010
Nice blog, keep it up. Is good to know so many Nigerians now engage in meaningful venture oline rather than all the Yahoo stuff lol. How did you get those traffic? Check this www.appiiforum.com, run on an open source software too

(1) (Reply)

Pls Read This,it Will Change Your Life Forever / Php/mysql Pro Needed Urgently In Port Harcourt / Fast Internet Browsing Cafe:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.