Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,983 members, 7,817,902 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:23 PM

Please How Do I Build A Career At 30 ?? Where Do I Start? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Please How Do I Build A Career At 30 ?? Where Do I Start? (995 Views)

How Do I Build A Portfolio As A Tech Professional? / My Career At Stake / Start Career At Oando Graduate Accelerated Programme (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please How Do I Build A Career At 30 ?? Where Do I Start? by Davidrod123: 8:07am On May 10, 2019
[b][/b] Please I need your suggestions my fellow nairalnaders, I dropped out of school 8yrs ago cos I could not afford sponsoring myself... Ever since I have been jumping from one career/hustle to another, I have been stagnant for quite some years... I have no money, no home, no family to support me, please where do I start from?

I will turn 30 by June, I have absolutely nothing to show for my years of struggles.
Please your suggestions will highly appreciated...

What do I do now as its still my utmost desire to turn things around for myself and that of my younger ones and Mum.

Regards.
Re: Please How Do I Build A Career At 30 ?? Where Do I Start? by KingAzubuike(f): 8:18am On May 10, 2019
Its never too late

1 Like

Re: Please How Do I Build A Career At 30 ?? Where Do I Start? by Mariangeles(f): 8:26am On May 10, 2019
Davidrod123:
[b][/b] Please I need your suggestions my fellow nairalnaders, I dropped out of school 8yrs ago cos I could not afford sponsoring myself... Ever since I have been jumping from one career/hustle to another, I have been stagnant for quite some years... I have no money, no home, no family to support me, please where do I start from?

I will turn 30 by June, I have absolutely nothing to show for my years of struggles.
Please your suggestions will highly appreciated...

What do I do now as its still my utmost desire to turn things around for myself and that of my younger ones and Mum.

Regards.
Don't despair !
It can never be too late to succeed and there is no age limit in which one can be successful.

There are no limitations to success, the possibilities are endless.
It is all in your mind that it'll be hard to succeed because you didn't complete your studies .

https://www.nairaland.com/4852491/how-old-when-made-first

Follow that thread, you might find some inspiration.
Oh! And ..that link is not for you to be depressed when you read about people who made it at an early age o, it is for you to draw inspiration smiley

Also, visiting the business section of nairaland more often will help inspire you too .

All the best!

1 Like

Re: Please How Do I Build A Career At 30 ?? Where Do I Start? by herakles: 8:30am On May 10, 2019
start from somewhere! don't be ashamed to learn from people younger than you, in fact forget about your age! it's just a number. There are jobs that require maturity, I believe you can fit into those roles.

Here are a few suggestions (there is no easy road): If you are still interested in going to school, I would suggest you try national open university and work part-time. In Nigeria, the type of certificates don't really matter, it is capability and skills that carry the day (most times).

If you have SSCE, I would advise that you get a driving job. surprisingly the best paying jobs in Nigeria for SSCE holders are driving jobs. Some drivers earn as much as N100k, even more than some PhD degree holders. Then enrol part-time for a course at national open university in the city where you work and live. If you feel driving is too stressful, then the second option that can give you enough flexibility to pursue an academic degree is a security job. The best security Jobs pay about N50k, enough for you to sustain yourself and academic pursuits.

if you have OND, then you can get a good enough job to sustain yourself. You can search for this company called envio. They will sponsor you to school while you work for them, but you must be willing to go to school.

If you are not interested in school anymore and feel like you are too old to be in a classroom for any reason, I suggest you learn a trade or acquire a vocational skill. I know a certain mechanic that earns my monthly income in a week! and he no go school. learn something valuable in your vicinity, be diligent in your work, and God will bless you at the right time with success.

10 Likes

Re: Please How Do I Build A Career At 30 ?? Where Do I Start? by SageMK: 8:40am On May 10, 2019
There is wealth in the soil. Turn to agriculture.

Sincerely speaking if you are wholeheartedly invested, you will make it. I suggest you go into cultivating cash crops then use the income & start a poultry specifically layers. At your free time, acquired a skill. Go for shoe making, tailoring or whatever that deals with clothing.

Like someone said, its never too late.
Prepare to suffer now and reap the reward later.

Goodluck.

2 Likes

Re: Please How Do I Build A Career At 30 ?? Where Do I Start? by movingclouds(m): 9:28am On May 10, 2019
First time I'd see people make sense on nairaland.. So glad we still have people with wise adult minds... Love y'all for that

4 Likes

Re: Please How Do I Build A Career At 30 ?? Where Do I Start? by Davidrod123: 8:43pm On May 10, 2019
SageMK:
There is wealth in the soil. Turn to agriculture.

Sincerely speaking if you are wholeheartedly invested, you will make it. I suggest you go into cultivating cash crops then use the income & start a poultry specifically layers. At your free time, acquired a skill. Go for shoe making, tailoring or whatever that deals with clothing.

Like someone said, its never too late.
Prepare to suffer now and reap the reward later.

Goodluck.
Thanks Alot!
Re: Please How Do I Build A Career At 30 ?? Where Do I Start? by Davidrod123: 8:44pm On May 10, 2019
herakles:
start from somewhere! don't be ashamed to learn from people younger than you, in fact forget about your age! it's just a number. There are jobs that require maturity, I believe you can fit into those roles.

Here are a few suggestions (there is no easy road): If you are still interested in going to school, I would suggest you try national open university and work part-time. In Nigeria, the type of certificates don't really matter, it is capability and skills that carry the day (most times).

If you have SSCE, I would advise that you get a driving job. surprisingly the best paying jobs in Nigeria for SSCE holders are driving jobs. Some drivers earn as much as N100k, even more than some PhD degree holders. Then enrol part-time for a course at national open university in the city where you work and live. If you feel driving is too stressful, then the second option that can give you enough flexibility to pursue an academic degree is a security job. The best security Jobs pay about N50k, enough for you to sustain yourself and academic pursuits.

if you have OND, then you can get a good enough job to sustain yourself. You can search for this company called envio. They will sponsor you to school while you work for them, but you must be willing to go to school.

If you are not interested in school anymore and feel like you are too old to be in a classroom for any reason, I suggest you learn a trade or acquire a vocational skill. I know a certain mechanic that earns my monthly income in a week! and he no go school. learn something valuable in your vicinity, be diligent in your work, and God will bless you at the right time with success.
God bless YOU.
Re: Please How Do I Build A Career At 30 ?? Where Do I Start? by Davidrod123: 8:44pm On May 10, 2019
Mariangeles:
Don't despair !
It can never be too late to succeed and there is no age limit in which one can be successful.

There are no limitations to success, the possibilities are endless.
It is all in your mind that it'll be hard to succeed because you didn't complete your studies .

https://www.nairaland.com/4852491/how-old-when-made-first

Follow that thread, you might find some inspiration.
Oh! And ..that link is not for you to be depressed when you read about people who made it at an early age o, it is for you to draw inspiration smiley

Also, visiting the business section of nairaland more often will help inspire you too .

All the best!

Oshe gan✔️
Re: Please How Do I Build A Career At 30 ?? Where Do I Start? by kerzhim(m): 8:00am On May 11, 2019
In every individual, there is a God given talent.

Firstly, you will have to discover what you are good at, something that interest you the most and makes you feel so relaxed when you are doing it.
E.g.... Fashion design, photograph, graphic design........

Secondly, look for a professional who can train you on whatever you are interested in. During the trainning process, you will have to hold on to your current job in order to keep body and soul moving.

Thirdly, after you might have done with the trainning, attach your self to a group of like minds and build a business or better still, if you can stand alone by starting from small, get a small business center and start doing your thing.

Lastly, to be successful is not that hard but, to know what to do in order to be successful is the most hardest part.
Try to be focus and with strong determination you will be a success!

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Top Notch Secrets On How I Made N30,000 Weekly With Tugrow Logistics / 5 Chinese Websites To Buy Cheap Goods That Is Not Aliexpress And 1688. / The Natinal Assembly Vs Discrimination

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.