Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,223 members, 7,825,848 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 02:18 AM

Why We Arrested Naira Marley – EFCC Opens Up - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Why We Arrested Naira Marley – EFCC Opens Up (5620 Views)

Why We Arrested Singers Zinoleesky And Mohbad — NDLEA / Naira Marley: EFCC Files 11 Charges Against Singer, To Be Arraigned On Monday / Why We Arrested Naira Marley – EFCC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why We Arrested Naira Marley – EFCC Opens Up by kidap: 11:24am On May 10, 2019
The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission has confirmed the arrest of popular singer, Afeez Fashola, otherwise known as Naira Marley, and others in relation to alleged advance fee scam and related cyber crimes.

Naira Marley, known for his single ‘Issa Goal,’ recently came under fire by renowned rapper, Ruggedman, for promoting Internet fraud in his music.
The acting EFCC spokesperson, Mr Tony Orilade, in an interview with our correspondent, said, “Yes, he is with us. He’s not the only person; he had some other persons also arrested alongside (him). “They were arrested in relation to advance fee fraud — Internet-related cases and all of that. Give me a little time and I will get you the details.” A video featuring Ruggedman has gone viral this week in which the rapper called out Naira Marley for advocating Internet fraud. The artiste noted that the promotion of such cyber crimes impacted negatively on Nigerians abroad.

However, Naira Marley, whose recent song is titled ‘Am I A Yahoo Boy,’ responded by mocking Ruggedman in an Instagram video and defended his artistic choices.

Source: https://gidifeed.com/why-we-arrested-naira-marley-efcc-opens-up/
Lalasticlala OAM4J, Mynd44

Re: Why We Arrested Naira Marley – EFCC Opens Up by delugajackson: 11:33am On May 10, 2019
Investigate him properly and if he's found guilty, put him in jail till he rots! No, scratch that. Put him in jail till the jail rots on top of him, then move him to a new jail and let him rot there till eternity. Then declare a war on others like him. We are tired of their nonsense. How can a sane human being support criminals if he isn't one?

And then you read some comments on Nairaland and you just feel like shooting the poster. They attack you for speaking up against these devils. They tell you to "go and hustle your own", and if the EFCC arrests them you hear "they witch-hunt boys" "they should go after politicians" and all that ridiculous hullabuloo. What a shameless generation!

When I become president of this country, I will place a bounty on all internet fraudsters & their sympathisers, round them up and kill them by firing squad. Same punishment goes to any public office holder found guilty of stealing public funds.

5 Likes

Re: Why We Arrested Naira Marley – EFCC Opens Up by johnkay1(m): 11:33am On May 10, 2019
H
Re: Why We Arrested Naira Marley – EFCC Opens Up by Nobody: 11:35am On May 10, 2019
Please investigate very well and if he is guilty, then punish him angry

We are tired of celebrating depravity and crime.. it has done the world a great deal of harm...

To do justice to him will be commendable but it will be more commendable not to stop there...

Further visit the lives, history and accounts of politicians and people in power... whoever is found wanting or guilty of crime should be punished accordingly.

We are also tired of having the worst of people, thieves and criminals in power...

If you can do all these, it will go a long way in improving Nigeria angry
Re: Why We Arrested Naira Marley – EFCC Opens Up by Jayslicky: 11:36am On May 10, 2019
grin

1 Like

Re: Why We Arrested Naira Marley – EFCC Opens Up by Jayslicky: 11:39am On May 10, 2019
A thief and someone who support his stealing are all the same.

This naira Marley should be sentenced and spare the society of his nuisance, shallow useless music that adds nothing meaningful to Nigerian youths.

1 Like

Re: Why We Arrested Naira Marley – EFCC Opens Up by Skyfornia(m): 11:41am On May 10, 2019
Mumu naira maley
Re: Why We Arrested Naira Marley – EFCC Opens Up by Nobody: 11:54am On May 10, 2019
Him no sabi person wey be person but him still dey run mouth.
Re: Why We Arrested Naira Marley – EFCC Opens Up by Baddiezz(f): 12:14pm On May 10, 2019
high time
Re: Why We Arrested Naira Marley – EFCC Opens Up by Dejmax(m): 12:39pm On May 10, 2019
delugajackson:
Let him rot there in custody. We are tired of their nonsense. How can a sane human being support criminals if he isn't one? And then you read some comments on Nairaland and you just feel like shooting the poster. They attack you for speaking up against these devils. They tell you to "go and hustle your own", and if the EFCC arrests them you hear "they witch-hunt boys", "they should go after politicians." What a shameless generation!

If I become president of this country, I will place a bounty on all internet fraudsters and their sympathisers, round them up and kill them by firing squad. Same goes to any public office holder found guilty of stealing public funds.

Excuse you... How many people do you think will be left ? You're a fool... Corruption is everywhere, even Efcc are corrupted..do you think they accept thousands as bribe? They make millions everyday , same thing as SARS..lets look into some police officers lifestyles, do you think they also live off their salaries? Those bastard harassing and killing people portray good image of Nigeria securities in other countries ? .i don't think you any idea how people are suffering..do you think everyone depends on the government to rescue them.. How much are you getting from this government every month? .. How much are you earning per month? Tell me one thing you're benefiting from this present government, even the past? All those Malls who buy stuffs there, salary earner? You Don pay your tax this month? .. My brother goansitdown somewhere
Re: Why We Arrested Naira Marley – EFCC Opens Up by Olanrefront3355(m): 12:47pm On May 10, 2019
He's been released, I saw a video of him leaving the EfCC office and he was mobbed by his cohorts....

He was just shouting 'Naira' like pesin wey need 5naira for Kulikuli grin
Re: Why We Arrested Naira Marley – EFCC Opens Up by GisterBlogger: 12:50pm On May 10, 2019
Re: Why We Arrested Naira Marley – EFCC Opens Up by LordSkinnie(m): 12:56pm On May 10, 2019
Dejmax:

Excuse you... How many people do you think will be left ? You're a fool... Corruption is everywhere, even Efcc are corrupted..do you think they accept thousands as bribe? They make millions everyday , same thing as SARS..lets look into some police officers lifestyles, do you think they also live off their salaries? Those bastard harassing and killing people portray good image of Nigeria securities in other countries ? .i don't think you any idea how people are suffering..do you think everyone depends on the government to rescue them.. How much are you getting from this government every month? .. How much are you earning per month? Tell me one thing you're benefiting from this present government, even the past? All those Malls who buy stuffs there, salary earner? You Don pay your tax this month? .. My brother goansitdown somewhere

Yahoo boy spotted.

Lazy ass mofo. No go find work oh. Dey scam people upandan.

Re: Why We Arrested Naira Marley – EFCC Opens Up by Starboytwo(m): 2:40pm On May 10, 2019
LordSkinnie:

Yahoo boy spotted.

Lazy ass mofo. No go find work oh. Dey scam people upandan.
you wey don see work,who your wretched papa help...
Re: Why We Arrested Naira Marley – EFCC Opens Up by LordSkinnie(m): 2:58pm On May 10, 2019
Starboytwo:
you wey don see work,who your wretched papa help...

Lmaooo. You are obviously in sifia pains. And judging from the fact that you have opened employment threads in romance section, you are also very confused and frustrated.

Kindly koshi e kuro ninu mentions mi jare. I can't be engaging with your kind.

Re: Why We Arrested Naira Marley – EFCC Opens Up by Starboytwo(m): 3:08pm On May 10, 2019
LordSkinnie:

Lmaooo. You are obviously in sifia pains. And judging from the fact that you have opened employment threads in romance section, you are also very confused and frustrated.

Kindly koshi e kuro ninu mentions mi jare. I can't be engaging with your kind.
you see...the more reason a nigga gotta man up and do what he gotta do to make a living.....you obviously don't expect me to keep opening threads for a non existent employment till rapture, do you?

Don't make it like "Yahoo is a grave sin,while corrupt politicians could/should be pardoned or overlooked...start your useless campaign from the Top I repeat...I guess you lots are ballless to confront and harass Tinubu and Atiku, but you see a fly boy and shout Efcc....
Re: Why We Arrested Naira Marley – EFCC Opens Up by LordSkinnie(m): 5:10pm On May 10, 2019
Starboytwo:
you see...the more reason a nigga gotta man up and do what he gotta do to make a living.....you obviously don't expect me to keep opening threads for a non existent employment till rapture, do you?

Don't make it like "Yahoo is a grave sin,while corrupt politicians could/should be pardoned or overlooked...start your useless campaign from the Top I repeat...I guess you lots are ballless to confront and harass Tinubu and Atiku, but you see a fly boy and shout Efcc....

Let me reply this one cos you sounded vaguely normal. I so loathe our politicians and leaders because of their uselessly high level of corruption. They should all be torpedoed to hell.

But doesn't mean you should fight evil with evil. Only thing you are doing is spoiling the country more. Those that have started up and are making it through legit means do not have two heads na. As you decide to make it through not so legit means, what's now the difference between you and the politicians? Frankly, that's not how to man up.

It's that chop I chop mentality that finished Nigeria to this stage. If you think you are a man through Internet fraud, why can't you walk into a corporate organisation and introduce yourself as a yahoo boy? Even the Naira Marley himself is shouting "I'm not a yahoo boy"

Abeg don't try to justify it. It's wrong. Leave trash for lawma.
Re: Why We Arrested Naira Marley – EFCC Opens Up by Starboytwo(m): 6:29pm On May 10, 2019
LordSkinnie:

Let me reply this one cos you sounded vaguely normal. I so loathe our politicians and leaders because of their uselessly high level of corruption. They should all be torpedoed to hell.

But doesn't mean you should fight evil with evil. Only thing you are doing is spoiling the country more. Those that have started up and are making it through legit means do not have two heads na. As you decide to make it through not so legit means, what's now the difference between you and the politicians? Frankly, that's not how to man up.

It's that chop I chop mentality that finished Nigeria to this stage. If you think you are a man through Internet fraud, why can't you walk into a corporate organisation and introduce yourself as a yahoo boy? Even the Naira Marley himself is shouting "I'm not a yahoo boy"

Abeg don't try to justify it. It's wrong. Leave trash for lawma.
off course you are not wrong....

But I gotta eat...that's just it...

(1) (Reply)

"This Is Killin Dem": Pantless Lady Twerks To Olamide's #PawonChallenge / Jay-z The Blueprint 3 Album Download. Full / Nigeria Sucked My Beauty : Singer Shares sad Throwback Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.