Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,114 members, 7,811,134 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:56 AM

Marriage Isn't A Bragging Right Or A Trophy - Bovi Tells Nigerians - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Marriage Isn't A Bragging Right Or A Trophy - Bovi Tells Nigerians (12298 Views)

You’re The Most Wicked Comedian That’s Oppressing People—Bovi Tells Basket Mouth / Benz Are Taxis In Germany - Portable Mocks Nigerians Bragging With Benz (Video) / Bobrisky Goes For Commercial Flight After Bragging About Flying Strictly Private (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marriage Isn't A Bragging Right Or A Trophy - Bovi Tells Nigerians by Luvlyna(f): 1:12am On May 11, 2019
delugajackson:
For the first time he's making sense.

This is very common with our women. To them, marriage is like competition and also their greatest achievement. Once they get married, they start disrespecting single ladies. They start looking down on them, forgetting that they were once single and frustrated.

Don't forget to include the men in your assertions. Thanks
Re: Marriage Isn't A Bragging Right Or A Trophy - Bovi Tells Nigerians by Sleevia: 1:57am On May 11, 2019
Tallesty1:
Just to please few women that are following him.
but he said the truth.
Re: Marriage Isn't A Bragging Right Or A Trophy - Bovi Tells Nigerians by Ayomide002: 4:20am On May 11, 2019
I'm waiting for a day I will meet a sensible person who will frankly say, I'm never going to marry...I don't know what Nigerians have turned marriage into
Re: Marriage Isn't A Bragging Right Or A Trophy - Bovi Tells Nigerians by Amanda4life: 5:43am On May 11, 2019
Ayomide002:
I'm waiting for a day I will meet a sensible person who will frankly say, I'm never going to marry...I don't know what Nigerians have turned marriage into

Its religious and parental problem
Re: Marriage Isn't A Bragging Right Or A Trophy - Bovi Tells Nigerians by Wendybrown(f): 6:47am On May 11, 2019
LordAdam16:
Factually, he's making sense.

But people don't often like to hear the truth. And, we're social, competitive beings. As such, if every other person is getting married, most would want to toe the same line. Like is the case with going to university instead of learning a vocation or working for someone else instead of starting a business.

Finally, do whatever you find fulfilling. If you think getting married is your ultimate goal in life. By all means, pursue that goal and throw the grandest wedding when you find your SO.

However, and this is very important, avoid the temptation of using your life as a yardstick for others. You are not god's gift to mankind.

So if getting married or having a kid or being religious is important to you, don't look at others who have opposing convictions as abnormal or simpletons who do not have your level of "enlightenment."

-Lord

God bless you for this.
Re: Marriage Isn't A Bragging Right Or A Trophy - Bovi Tells Nigerians by Wendybrown(f): 6:48am On May 11, 2019
LordAdam16:

But people don't often like to hear the truth. And, we're social, competitive beings. As such, if every other person is getting married, most would want to toe the same line. Like is the case with going to university instead of learning a vocation or working for someone else instead of starting a business.

Finally, do whatever you find fulfilling. If you think getting married is your ultimate goal in life. By all means, pursue that goal and throw the grandest wedding when you find your SO.

However, and this is very important, avoid the temptation of using your life as a yardstick for others. You are not god's gift to mankind.

So if getting married or having a kid or being religious is important to you, don't look at others who have opposing convictions as abnormal or simpletons who do not have your level of "enlightenment."

-Lord

God bless you for this
Re: Marriage Isn't A Bragging Right Or A Trophy - Bovi Tells Nigerians by Gforce2019: 6:51am On May 11, 2019
LordAdam16:

-Lord

Guy , you don dey make sense all along until you come finish the last word with "Lord" . What are you insinuating?

2 Likes

Re: Marriage Isn't A Bragging Right Or A Trophy - Bovi Tells Nigerians by Nostradamus: 6:56am On May 11, 2019
iammo:
smiley

this is true marriage isnt an achievement
Angela Merkel, Oprah Winfreh all have countless children and family yet non is biological, and it was intentional, because they dedicated their life to achieve more than been a glorified wife who belongs in the kitchen the bedroom and the other room
I love this.
Re: Marriage Isn't A Bragging Right Or A Trophy - Bovi Tells Nigerians by BLIZZARDCON: 7:19am On May 11, 2019
This is so foolish a Yan. It was God that instituted marriage and anyone who steadfastly succeeds in marriage is inadvatently contributing to Gid's creative wisdom by genuinely procreating.

Or is this guy now telling us that being a standup storry teller just to earn thousands of Naira is more of an achievement that marriage that is a sign of responsibility?

All these so called celebrity sef.
Re: Marriage Isn't A Bragging Right Or A Trophy - Bovi Tells Nigerians by bayocanny: 8:26am On May 11, 2019
Liftme:
LMAO this is funny

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Marriage Isn't A Bragging Right Or A Trophy - Bovi Tells Nigerians by LordAdam16: 8:57am On May 11, 2019
Gforce2019:

Guy , you don dey make sense all along until you come finish the last word with "Lord" . What are you insinuating?

Look through my post history.

-Lord
Re: Marriage Isn't A Bragging Right Or A Trophy - Bovi Tells Nigerians by Esthercakes(f): 10:46am On May 11, 2019
Benekruku:
Coming from someone that all his kids look like Tuface

Smh
Lol, you eh
Re: Marriage Isn't A Bragging Right Or A Trophy - Bovi Tells Nigerians by Mryacks: 5:01pm On May 11, 2019
Candiesramah:
He's absolutely right. Some women will talk to people in such a mannerless way that once they get what they demanded for, they'll be like "I am a married woman, don't talk to me like that" nonsense! Does being a married woman mean you shouldn't have sense?

For some men, they'll disrespect themselves and when disrespected, they'll be like "I have your mate as a wife at home, or you're not up to my wife". How does that one concern me?

Nigerians brag with marriage a lot. Anyone wey try marry, even if e dey drink garri inside, will be forming married man/woman.

Exactly..

(1) (2) (Reply)

A Nairalander With The Crazy Denrele Edun And Remi Buttons / Dzire Moore, The Girl Who Claims To Have The Largest Hips In America / Gbenga Adeyinka And Aliko Dangote Pictured At An Event

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.