Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,962 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:34 AM

Nigerian Woman Becomes First African Elected Councillor in Leeds- UK - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Woman Becomes First African Elected Councillor in Leeds- UK (716 Views)

Nasir Ado: Hausa Man Contesting For Councillor In Delta State (Photo) / Anibaba: A Former Councillor In Lagos Pushing Truck (Video) / Meet Boskoto "The Shortest Councillor In Nigeria" (photo). (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Woman Becomes First African Elected Councillor in Leeds- UK by Built2last: 7:22pm On May 10, 2019
A Nigerian woman Abigail Marshall Katung from Kaduna state becomes first African to win the 2nd of May 2019 Council elections.

People left Nigeria to an unknown land. They were accepted. They go for elective positions and whites queue up to elect them because of their competence.

In my country, they trace your ancestors to determine whether you should be voted for or appointed. I weep for my country after seeing other climes.

If Abigail returns to Nigeria no matter how competent she is. They will subject her to religious bias and ethnic chauvinism till she is frustrated and bows out.

Warmest Congratulations to her.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/news/latest/leeds-council-election-pictures-show-the-night-s-wins-and-losses-1-9746705/amp

Election Results.

https://www.leeds.gov.uk/your-council/elections/leeds-city-council-election-results?ward=Little%20London%20and%20Woodhouse

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Woman Becomes First African Elected Councillor in Leeds- UK by Built2last: 7:23pm On May 10, 2019
Campaigns

Re: Nigerian Woman Becomes First African Elected Councillor in Leeds- UK by Built2last: 7:42pm On May 10, 2019
lalasticlala onenof our own was elected last weekend
Re: Nigerian Woman Becomes First African Elected Councillor in Leeds- UK by Ooni: 7:47pm On May 10, 2019
where are the omoluabis in all this? we dominate UK in numbers but we live mostly in low-hood areas of every city, allowing Ibos and other tribes take control of the corridors of power. i keep repeating that unbridled hate and jealously that our present generation is known for won't do the job rather, hardwork will.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Woman Becomes First African Elected Councillor in Leeds- UK by MXrep: 8:19pm On May 10, 2019
Ooni:
where are the omoluabis in all this? we dominate UK in numbers but we live mostly in low-hood areas of every city, allowing Ibos and other tribes take control of the corridors of power. i keep repeating that unbridled hate and jealously that our present generation is known for won't do the job rather, hardwork will.
They are respecting their host in UK. Lol. How do you expect any afonja to win when there is no tinubu the thin god who hand pick and install them and MC oluomo who destroy voting materials? I pity yoruba upcoming generation

(1) (Reply)

Do Not Give Grazing Lands To The Fulani ~by Professor Ben Nwabueze / Buhari Has Sacked You, Judge Tells Ofili-ajumogobia / Clarifying Sowore And Kanu's Travails In Nigeria - Why No US, UK Interventions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.