Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,329 members, 7,826,304 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 12:29 PM

What's With Nigerians And Always Comparing Nigeria To The USA. - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / What's With Nigerians And Always Comparing Nigeria To The USA. (511 Views)

A Ghanaian Experience With Nigerians Abroad / Should I Still Travel To The USA? / What Is The Best And Cheapest State In Nigeria To Start Up Life? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's With Nigerians And Always Comparing Nigeria To The USA. by tensazangetsu20(m): 9:16am On May 11, 2019
I hate the way the system works in Nigeria. I really do. No electricity, excessive corruption, tribalism and nepotism. But in spite of all this troubles, Nigeria still has a lot of potentials and offers a lot of opportunities.

However inspite of the potentials and opportunities Nigeria has, there have been a lot of Nigerians always complaining and abusing the country and comparing it to the USA. Lets face the facts, Nigeria will never be like the USA not even in a million years to come and if you wanna compare the USA to other countries you compare it to countries that are at the same level of development as they are. Even china that is developing rapidly still can't be compared to the USA. The USA is even one of the worst countries amongst all developed nations. America has no universal healthcare or universal education. Everything is about money and the capitalism is very toxic. The American government puts money first before it's own citizens. You could go bankrupt just trying to treat a small ailment.

Lets come down to Africa and aside South Africa and Egypt, how many countries are better than Nigeria? Even Rwanda that is being praised on the media of recent has a per capita income of 750 dollars, massive poverty and a very high cost of living. I have been to at least ten African countries and honestly none of them hold a candle to Nigeria.

I know Nigeria is very bad and the leaders over the years have made things much worse for the citizenry but it could be worse. You could have not been born a Nigerian and be born a burkinabe or a Cameroonian or a Nigerien or some of the other terrible and useless countries in Africa with absolutely no future prospects. I feel that we should not take things for granted. Being born in Nigeria especially as an African is a privilege we Nigerians should be thankful for and take advantage of.

Before you all come to roast me this is just my own personal opinion. I did not delude that Nigeria has no problems, it has a lot of problems but still Nigeria presents more potential and opportunities than other countries in Africa aside South Africa and Egypt.
Re: What's With Nigerians And Always Comparing Nigeria To The USA. by Ayindesegun10(m): 9:45am On May 11, 2019
So because others are failing around us, we should start to raise shoulders when we can't even get 24 hours of electricity. No matter what other countries are doing, it's their own problem. We want to be great, we want every citizens to have access to basic amenities such as good electricity, wonderful health care, security (very important), good transportation system among others. So, we ain't actually comparing Nigeria to USA, we also want to enjoy what the USA are enjoying without breaking the banks for it.
And YES, our governments should be blamed partly, while the citizens should be up to the task also.
Re: What's With Nigerians And Always Comparing Nigeria To The USA. by whitebeard(m): 9:46am On May 11, 2019
Nice one

Re: What's With Nigerians And Always Comparing Nigeria To The USA. by Nobody: 9:55am On May 11, 2019
Good stuff. Comparing nigeria to the US made our senators want to earn like US senators.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Eight Arrested For Forging Schengen Visas / Lagos - Ibadan Free Train Ride Update Thread / Why You Must Visit The Kalakuta Museum At Least Once

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.