Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,017 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:41 AM

My Experience Buying My First Car - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My Experience Buying My First Car (1686 Views)

Buying My First Car / Buying My First Car, Please Share Your Experience / Tell Us Your Experience Buying A Car With Fake Custom Papers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Experience Buying My First Car by prizequest: 1:48pm On May 12, 2019
It was in 2007 i have gone to cotonou with the intention of getting a camry tiny light. what i know about cars then was that i needed one with leather seat and alloy rim. we got to the market and comb the entire park yet my want wasnt satified. My guy and car dealer suggested avalon and other models which i turn down which young man wont want to be seen in that camry the rave of the moment only rivaled by the honda accord with its tale of agonies.

we were still in dilemma over choice and want when 'park scout' suggested we hit the wharf straightaway as a ship has berth and offloading. off we went and lo and behold i was in time to welcome what turn out to be my ride. it was driven out from the ship too clean and immaculte and i made a good at it, the reach the lebanese importer and he said a lagos car dealer had made his intention and i upped the offer and pronto car became mine. we got a custom agent who did the clearing and i smiled knowing i had smoked out a deal
Re: My Experience Buying My First Car by prizequest: 2:03pm On May 12, 2019
the car came with brand new spare tyre and wheel never been used, new tyres on it legs, immaculate engine, all safety accessories in the trunk, service details, owners manuls up to 6 seperate booklets, american cents on glove box, detailers cards, more complimentary cards of americans, insurance and policy documents, document showing car just went through DMI evaluation, and some paper documents of the previous owner

i did a google search on owner and 2 result showed up with one of the name been in and out of prison.

was my car stolen or just a case of clean title?
Re: My Experience Buying My First Car by id4sho(m): 2:45pm On May 12, 2019
prizequest:
the car came with brand new spare tyre and wheel never been used, new tyres on it legs, immaculate engine, all safety accessories in the trunk, service details, owners manuls up to 6 seperate booklets, american cents on glove box, detailers cards, more complimentary cards of americans, insurance and policy documents, document showing car just went through DMI evaluation, and some paper documents of the previous owner

i did a google search on owner and 2 result showed up with one of the name been in and out of prison.

was my car stolen or just a case of clean title?
following
Re: My Experience Buying My First Car by hisgrace090: 2:50pm On May 12, 2019
Come and complete what you just started.
Re: My Experience Buying My First Car by senseimayor: 6:28am On May 13, 2019
Where u dey come and finish o
Re: My Experience Buying My First Car by MotorGuru: 7:46am On May 13, 2019
smiley
Re: My Experience Buying My First Car by YorubaEmir: 11:54pm On May 13, 2019
So on our way home, one of the tires blew. I killed the engine to inspect what happened. A thick broken glass had pierced through the tire. Luckily, the spare was inflated. I brought out the tools and changed the tires. After driving for 100km, the windshield came off. I switched off the AC as there was no use for that. The air was too much. It was after like 5 minutes drive when I gave a policeman egunje through the front instead of through the window that I realized I had no windshield.

Ok, after traveling half a mile, my exhaust ......
Re: My Experience Buying My First Car by ITbomb(m): 8:46am On May 14, 2019
YorubaEmir:
So on our way home, one of the tires blew. I killed the engine to inspect what happened. A thick broken glass had pierced through the tire. Luckily, the spare was inflated. I brought out the tools and changed the tires. After driving for 100km, the windshield came off. I switched off the AC as there was no use for that. The air was too much. It was after like 5 minutes drive when I gave a policeman egunje through the front instead of through the window that I realized I had no windshield.

Ok, after traveling half a mile, my exhaust ......
undecided

2 Likes

Re: My Experience Buying My First Car by timifakay(m): 6:48am On May 15, 2019
shocked

(1) (Reply)

I Need A Car For Uber/bolt / My Coil Spring And Tire, Help / Honda Pilot 2004

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.