Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,229 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:06 AM

Construction Of Buhari Glass Tunnel In Abakaliki, Ebonyi State In Pictures - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Construction Of Buhari Glass Tunnel In Abakaliki, Ebonyi State In Pictures (59800 Views)

Heavy Duty Vehicle Fell At Okorocha Tunnel In Owerri- Pictures / The New Look Of The Rehabilitated Independence Tunnel In Maryland, Lagos (Photos / Driver Crashes Into Electric Pole Along Ebeano Tunnel In Enugu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Construction Of Buhari Glass Tunnel In Abakaliki, Ebonyi State In Pictures by Masterk2019: 9:18am On May 13, 2019
federal government always claim state built projects
Re: Construction Of Buhari Glass Tunnel In Abakaliki, Ebonyi State In Pictures by celeiyke: 9:59am On May 13, 2019
This man is just focused on Abakiliki and ignoring other parts of the state. How do u intend to uplift the state out of poverty with projects like this. This man is just focused on publicity to boost his presidential ambition
Re: Construction Of Buhari Glass Tunnel In Abakaliki, Ebonyi State In Pictures by celeiyke: 10:01am On May 13, 2019
Famax:

Am very sure you can't say that to me if you meet me. Well, thank your stars for social media where people like you insult without any sense of direction. Watch your mouth boy or I will be forced to invoke what you don't like in your life! Thank u.

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Construction Of Buhari Glass Tunnel In Abakaliki, Ebonyi State In Pictures by celeiyke: 10:04am On May 13, 2019
kalufelix:
Thunder fire ugwuanyi the olodo ineffectual land grabber. Leadership positions should always go to people who are smart educated and exposed. Ethnicism and tribalism hinders our progress as a people all in the name of zoning. ..else people like ikpeazu and ugwuanyi have no business being the governor of a state.

It took the olodo 4years to patch a major road in Enugu south which was constructed by the previous govt. He commissioned the popular one day road that has been in ruins for years only few days to the recently concluded elections..it's a poor poor substandard road that will be washed away in a very short time from the way it's been constructed..annexed over 6ft from the road gauge (a major road)just to save cost. Enugu was home to Arab contractors during the Sullivan years but today they seem to be lost.

Obviously ugwuanyi is a non visionary one chance governor that has nothing to offer and cannot improve the state. Am glad more people are becoming aware of how incompetent and ineffectual he is and his nairaland machineries are also reading this.

Imagine if such clueless people ruled from 99 Enugu for be like Aba... *spits on ugwuanyi*

Likes for Barr. Sullivan chime

Shut up. U must be typing from Lokoja. U are totally unaware of the giant strides of Ugwuanyi.
Re: Construction Of Buhari Glass Tunnel In Abakaliki, Ebonyi State In Pictures by ennysongs(m): 10:39am On May 13, 2019
I pass by this construction site everyday and it really commendable, even though civil servants in the state are not really happy with the man
Re: Construction Of Buhari Glass Tunnel In Abakaliki, Ebonyi State In Pictures by Komu1048(m): 11:07am On May 13, 2019
jimi4us:
Thunder strike whoever named the project Buhari.

Umahi and his bulshit stupid cursed governor. Naming a project in Igbo land after a terrorist. What an insult to our lord Jesus Christ

See them tribal bigot, and they will be crying tribalism upandan. No proj in the entire Ibo land is name after Hausa or ibo and u see proj named after Ibos in other region. SMH

1 Like

Re: Construction Of Buhari Glass Tunnel In Abakaliki, Ebonyi State In Pictures by Qsscruz(m): 11:33am On May 13, 2019
Dottore:
The image launderers of our non performing Enugu Governor will not see this. The likes of babygiwa OEPHIUS louisamoke et al.
If you have been to Ebonyi State lately you will marvel at the level of aggressive infrastructural development that has gone far in keeping Enugu State in shadows while porridge leaking psycophants in Enugu will be celebrating mediocrity: posting photos of 4lenghts of 6inch steel pipe excavated for repairs. God is watching

I said this exact thing and then saw your post. 042 governor is a failure.
Re: Construction Of Buhari Glass Tunnel In Abakaliki, Ebonyi State In Pictures by Qsscruz(m): 11:35am On May 13, 2019
Kelgabriel5:
Having served in Enugu, living in Anambra and indigene of abia. I can tell you Ifeanyi ugwuanyi is performing woefully in Enugu, just using media propaganda, kinda what t.a orji did in abia as Well, failed humans. Abia own is just pitiful

You are right.

1 Like

Re: Construction Of Buhari Glass Tunnel In Abakaliki, Ebonyi State In Pictures by TAIS: 11:41am On May 13, 2019
Get your Company registered today with CAC.
Register your Business name,Limited liability company & Incorporated trustee with Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) of Nigeria with
Proven professional and get your certificate in 2 weeks and we deliver to any location of your choice @ affordable price.
Business name (Enterprise)- N17,000
Limited Liability Company- N58,000
Incorporated Trustee (NGOs) - N110,000
Call or Whatsapp 07032628962.
We have our agents in Lagos, Abuja, Port-harcourt, Ibadan, Kaduna, Kwara etc
Re: Construction Of Buhari Glass Tunnel In Abakaliki, Ebonyi State In Pictures by Qsscruz(m): 11:48am On May 13, 2019
celeiyke:

Shut up. U must be typing from Lokoja. U are totally unaware of the giant strides of Ugwuanyi.

Educate me about them. I am eager to know.
Re: Construction Of Buhari Glass Tunnel In Abakaliki, Ebonyi State In Pictures by mkorle: 1:11pm On May 13, 2019
if only they will complete this abandoned project.
Re: Construction Of Buhari Glass Tunnel In Abakaliki, Ebonyi State In Pictures by celeiyke: 1:13pm On May 13, 2019
Qsscruz:

Educate me about them. I am eager to know.

The numerous rural roads. Rural electric projects, special hospitals, university of education and many more
Re: Construction Of Buhari Glass Tunnel In Abakaliki, Ebonyi State In Pictures by Agwoden(m): 2:08pm On May 13, 2019
We only knew that there is money in Akwa Ibom after Akpabio defected. Udom rolled the drum of money and bought everything. Projects? mbano!.
Re: Construction Of Buhari Glass Tunnel In Abakaliki, Ebonyi State In Pictures by 400billionman: 4:54pm On May 13, 2019
Mires:
Oh! Abia state

Everyone cries for Abia state.

Abia is richer than Ebony.
Re: Construction Of Buhari Glass Tunnel In Abakaliki, Ebonyi State In Pictures by sweetilicious(f): 10:01pm On May 13, 2019
Famax:
Governor Umahi, I must tell you that you are fantastically doing fine in your state. Again, there is need to change the name "Abakaliki" to something better...like "Chelsea, Stardam or something else. Abakaliki as a name looks primitive and that is why most people who come from your state don't always want to be identified publicly to have come from the state.
Leave it like that.A name connotes meaning not tuchnees nor likeness.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Construction Of Buhari Glass Tunnel In Abakaliki, Ebonyi State In Pictures by 9jaRealist: 1:24am On May 14, 2019
bravehost4u:

concrete is used to build infrastructures. infrastructures attract investments, Investments attract employment, more taxes to the government.. which in turn government uses to build more infrastructures. Please what is people development?
If I may add, materials for these construction are sourced locally, labor is local too. More money in the hands of Ebonyi people.
You may claim he need to build schools, but the idea is; when the enabling environment is created, schools of international standards will be built by investors.
Despite these capital projects, I don't think he ever owes workers salary.

I weep for Abia State.

Known as Human Capital Development!
And rather shocking that you (and the Gov) apparently don’t grasp that it’s the single most important foundation for development.

The greatest resource of any nation (and/or state) is its HUMAN resources - not oil, solid minerals or (in the case of Ebonyi and many Nigerian states) going to Abuja every month to collect “federal allocation”. Conversely, physical infrastructure does not necessarily “attract” investment but rather functions more as SUPPORT for investment, but without the necessary predicate investments and conditions (an educated, skilled and healthy labor pool, investment-friendly policies and bureaucratic/regulatory support, among others), your glass tunnels and flyovers (and Nigerians do love their ‘flyovers’ even when it hardly seems necessary) substantively equate to the proverbial bridge to nowhere.

Furthermore, when you talk about infrastructure you seem to be limited to physical (or hard) infrastructure but clueless about SOFT (or social) infrastructure - to wit, healthcare, education, skill and capacity development. Yet it is the latter that is crucially foundational to economic development. What is the point of these vanity concrete structures (you refer them as “infrastructure” but things like a shopping mall and the mega church are certainly NOT infrastructure), when you have to use foreign expertise because your indigenous population is poorly-educated and largely unskilled (or poorly-skilled)? Who will operate/maintain them or will they be abandoned or decrepit in a few years?

Finally, I am at a complete loss at the reference to Abia State? Perhaps it was something discussed elsewhere (by other commenters) on the thread. Nonetheless, what I always hold great CONTEMPT for is when governments in Nigeria literally brag about paying their employees. It succinctly illustrates the sort of LOW (bottom-scraping) standards and expectations that pervade much of the Nigerian public space. SMH
<
Re: Construction Of Buhari Glass Tunnel In Abakaliki, Ebonyi State In Pictures by 9jaRealist: 1:47am On May 14, 2019
bravehost4u:

concrete is used to build infrastructures. infrastructures attract investments, Investments attract employment, more taxes to the government.. which in turn government uses to build more infrastructures. Please what is people development?
If I may add, materials for these construction are sourced locally, labor is local too. More money in the hands of Ebonyi people.
You may claim he need to build schools, but the idea is; when the enabling environment is created, schools of international standards will be built by investors.
Despite these capital projects, I don't think he ever owes workers salary.

I weep for Abia State.

Yes, I would.

It is misplaced prioritization of the worst kind to embark on these expensive vanity projects (mega church, shopping mall, and recently reported an air-conditioned stadium) in a state where the schools are largely dilapidated and lacking in basic tools (reasonably certain that students in Ebonyi State lack modern learning tools like handheld devices and computers), teachers are mostly poorly-trained and even more poorly-remunerated, and are lacking in basic tools. The money for that church (and even the shopping mall) would have been better expended in providing educational aids, attracting broadband infrastructure, and upgrading teachers’ skills, capacity, housing and remuneration.
<
Re: Construction Of Buhari Glass Tunnel In Abakaliki, Ebonyi State In Pictures by Alwaysable: 9:44am On May 14, 2019
meanwhile Abia state is yet to complete the only flyover project the current administration started in 2015 and still doesn't pay workers on time and is still an NDDC state unlike Ebonyi state.
Re: Construction Of Buhari Glass Tunnel In Abakaliki, Ebonyi State In Pictures by kalufelix(m): 10:47am On May 16, 2019
celeiyke:

Giant stride fall on you there. ..foolish gburu zombie nwa nsukka.

Quote me again ka chukwu kpoo gi na ugwuanyi Oku.
Re: Construction Of Buhari Glass Tunnel In Abakaliki, Ebonyi State In Pictures by celeiyke: 11:02am On May 16, 2019
kalufelix:

Giant stride fall on you there. ..foolish gburu zombie nwa nsukka.

Quote me again ka chukwu kpoo gi na ugwuanyi Oku.

Onye ara. Gburu gburu is the best thing to have happened to Enugu
Re: Construction Of Buhari Glass Tunnel In Abakaliki, Ebonyi State In Pictures by kalufelix(m): 11:18am On May 16, 2019
celeiyke:

Good ..now get off my mention

1 Like

Re: Construction Of Buhari Glass Tunnel In Abakaliki, Ebonyi State In Pictures by kalufelix(m): 11:24am On May 16, 2019
celeiyke:

Porridge leaking psychopath ..may you live and die in mediocrity. ..

Oya say amen...Ewu!
Re: Construction Of Buhari Glass Tunnel In Abakaliki, Ebonyi State In Pictures by celeiyke: 11:41am On May 16, 2019
kalufelix:

Porridge leaking psychopath ..may you live and die in mediocrity. ..

Oya say amen...Ewu!

Ewu hausa, ewu Zamfara. Keep living in hate. Go and live under Yahaya Bello or Rochas since Ugwuanyi is not working
Re: Construction Of Buhari Glass Tunnel In Abakaliki, Ebonyi State In Pictures by Ralph05(m): 5:14pm On Jun 29, 2019
[quote author=9jaRealist post=78369245]

Known as Human Capital Development!
And rather shocking that you (and the Gov) apparently don’t grasp that it’s the single most important foundation for development.

The greatest resource of any nation (and/or state) is its HUMAN resources - not oil, solid minerals or (in the case of Ebonyi and many Nigerian states) going to Abuja every month to collect “federal allocation”. Conversely, physical infrastructure does not necessarily “attract” investment but rather functions more as SUPPORT for investment, but without the necessary predicate investments and conditions (an educated, skilled and healthy labor pool, investment-friendly policies and bureaucratic/regulatory support, among others), your glass tunnels and flyovers (and Nigerians do love their ‘flyovers’ even when it hardly seems necessary) substantively equate to the proverbial bridge to nowhere.

Furthermore, when you talk about infrastructure you seem to be limited to physical (or hard) infrastructure but clueless about SOFT (or social) infrastructure - to wit, healthcare, education, skill and capacity development. Yet it is the latter that is crucially foundational to economic development. What is the point of these vanity concrete structures (you refer them as “infrastructure” but things like a shopping mall and the mega church are certainly NOT infrastructure), when you have to use foreign expertise because your indigenous population is poorly-educated and largely unskilled (or poorly-skilled)? Who will operate/maintain them or will they be abandoned or decrepit in a few years?

Finally, I am at a complete loss at the reference to Abia State? Perhaps it was something discussed elsewhere (by other commenters) on the thread. Nonetheless, what I always hold great CONTEMPT for is when governments in Nigeria literally brag about paying their employees. It succinctly illustrates the sort of LOW (bottom-scraping) standards and expectations that pervade much of the Nigerian public space. SMH

It's okay sir
I guess you love writing notes on government or history.
Human development or not
We are proud ebonyians
So cool ur tempered mind biko

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Container Fell Down From Ojuelegba Bridge (Photos) / Night View Of Maiduguri, Borno State (Photos) / Port Harcourt: Nigeria's Silently Beautiful City (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.