Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,060 members, 7,810,953 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:24 PM

Trump Reveals Plans To Scrap Green Card: New System Introduced - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Trump Reveals Plans To Scrap Green Card: New System Introduced (593 Views)

King Charles III Banknotes To Be Introduced Mid-2024 / Taiwan: China Threatens To Turn US Warship To Scrap Iron / Trump Vows To Terminate US Green Card Lottery Programme (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Trump Reveals Plans To Scrap Green Card: New System Introduced by ProsperChild: 7:32pm On May 12, 2019
Trump reveals plans to scrap Green Card: New system introduced
dailyactive.info May 11, 2019 5:42 AM

The Trump administration has drawn out a new proposal to reform the legal US immigration system.

According to people familiar with the proposal, the administration wants to among other things end the Diversity Visa Program (Green Card Lottery) make E-Verify mandatory for all employers, and reform the asylum and detention laws to discourage migrants from traveling to the US border to seek refuge in the country.

Image result for green card
A source briefed on the proposal told Politico that the administration wants to end the diversity visa lottery, which grants 50,000 permanent resident visas annually to nationals of countries with low immigration rates to the US.

The 50,000 visas to would re-allocated to employment-based applicants, the source told Politico.

The plan would also limit visas given to family member os US residents (which Republicans call rain migration) and re-distribute the visas to more merit-based immigration programs.

More than one million individuals become US permanent residents each year, with only 140,000 doing so through employment.

Related image
The rest get permanent residency as relatives of US citizens or permanent resident, as refugees, or through the diversity visa program.

The plan is being pushed by Jared Kushner, senior White House adviser and Trump’s son-in-law. Kushner has reportedly been working on the proposal for months.

Image result for jared kushner
The proposal is set to be unveiled in the coming days and sent to Congress, though experts say it faces near-impossible odds of passage as far-right hardliners of immigration say it does not reduce legal immigration, while Democrats have repeatedly said they will not support any immigration reform bill that does not include DACA protection.

Source:dailyactive.info/2019/05/11/trump-reveals-plans-to-scrap-green-card-new-system-introduced/
Re: Trump Reveals Plans To Scrap Green Card: New System Introduced by Abbeybailey(m): 11:29pm On May 12, 2019
ProsperChild:
Trump reveals plans to scrap Green Card: New system introduced
dailyactive.info May 11, 2019 5:42 AM

The Trump administration has drawn out a new proposal to reform the legal US immigration system.

According to people familiar with the proposal, the administration wants to among other things end the Diversity Visa Program (Green Card Lottery) make E-Verify mandatory for all employers, and reform the asylum and detention laws to discourage migrants from traveling to the US border to seek refuge in the country.

Image result for green card
A source briefed on the proposal told Politico that the administration wants to end the diversity visa lottery, which grants 50,000 permanent resident visas annually to nationals of countries with low immigration rates to the US.

The 50,000 visas to would re-allocated to employment-based applicants, the source told Politico.

The plan would also limit visas given to family member os US residents (which Republicans call rain migration) and re-distribute the visas to more merit-based immigration programs.

More than one million individuals become US permanent residents each year, with only 140,000 doing so through employment.

Related image
The rest get permanent residency as relatives of US citizens or permanent resident, as refugees, or through the diversity visa program.

The plan is being pushed by Jared Kushner, senior White House adviser and Trump’s son-in-law. Kushner has reportedly been working on the proposal for months.

Image result for jared kushner
The proposal is set to be unveiled in the coming days and sent to Congress, though experts say it faces near-impossible odds of passage as far-right hardliners of immigration say it does not reduce legal immigration, while Democrats have repeatedly said they will not support any immigration reform bill that does not include DACA protection.

Source:dailyactive.info/2019/05/11/trump-reveals-plans-to-scrap-green-card-new-system-introduced/
All the Trump a#s lickers on Nairaland, how do you like that. I said he doesn't want your kind in his America because that MAHA means Make America Hate Again but you guys are not smart enough to decipher that. For the illegal alien living in Mississippi, E-verify will be your Achilles heel with your expired visa. Good luck doing your minimum wage labor getting paid under the table because I know you don't have a Social Security Number with your expired visa. For the rest of the Orange Pig Amen corner, good luck to you obtaining that visa.
Re: Trump Reveals Plans To Scrap Green Card: New System Introduced by Temple1288(m): 7:36am On May 13, 2019
IF the news is true (because my President is a victim of FAKE NEWS) let it be scraped.... To the Chicago Nairaland confused rogue/anu ofia who felt I wasn't in America in the first place, I will never live in any country illegally!
Re: Trump Reveals Plans To Scrap Green Card: New System Introduced by Abbeybailey(m): 12:07pm On May 13, 2019
Temple1288:
IF the news is true (because my President is a victim of FAKE NEWS) let it be scraped.... To the Chicago Nairaland confused rogue/anu ofia who felt I wasn't in America in the first place, I will never live in any country illegally!
Keep fooling yourself. It was couple years ago that you were talking here on Nairaland about your friend in Mississippi inviting you to come to US and now you have all your papers. You must think you are talking to your kindreds in Nigeria that doesn't know Jack about America. Instead of you to face reality and do what you are suppose to do, here you are making a fool of yourself. Like I said before, I wish you no ill will but karma is a bitch. About your president Trump being a victim of fake news, he doesn't even recognize illegal immigrant like you. Calling me names in your Igbo language means how much of a foool you are because I am very fluent in Yoruba language despite being brought up in Chicago but I won't stoop that low with you. Instead of worrying how to do right In your MS, you are fooling yourself. Keep your idiocy up and the result will not be pleasant for you.

(1) (Reply)

Video: Russia, US Warships Nearly Collide In East China Sea / Iran Deliberately Avoided Parts Of Bases Populated With US Troops-Trump Official / U.S. And Afghan Special Operations Forces Killed In Deadly Ambush

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.