Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,591 members, 7,820,124 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:06 AM

Cost Of Renting A 1 Bedroom Apartment In Lagos | Co-tenant - Properties (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Cost Of Renting A 1 Bedroom Apartment In Lagos | Co-tenant (33426 Views)

Cost Of Renting A 1 Bedroom Apartment In Lagos 2022 / Updated Cost Of Renting A 1 Bedroom Apartment In Lagos / Cost Of Renting A 1 Bedroom Apartment In Abuja | Co-tenant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cost Of Renting A 1 Bedroom Apartment In Lagos | Co-tenant by ebullient19(f): 6:47pm On May 14, 2019
Holy Father! Na this one I wan serve for Lagos??

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cost Of Renting A 1 Bedroom Apartment In Lagos | Co-tenant by Glistinin(m): 5:28am On May 15, 2019
Majlaw:

The tin tire me o.
I no mind Marketing Job wey go give me accommodation.
Where are you bro?
Enugu.
Re: Cost Of Renting A 1 Bedroom Apartment In Lagos | Co-tenant by Kayouzka(m): 5:07pm On May 15, 2019
kernniejay:

More photos of this house please, and pictures of the unoccupied rooms if possible.
Thanks.h
(From: an interested person)
call or WhatsApp at 081828676988 email. akindelek1.ka@gmail.com
Re: Cost Of Renting A 1 Bedroom Apartment In Lagos | Co-tenant by Gerrard59(m): 8:27pm On May 15, 2019
Kcuf:

or better still buy one, dunno I still don't see how paying huge rent in a single apartment in Lagos cheap

It's actually more expensive buying a house than constructing from scratch including buying the land. However, it's cheaper to continue to pay rent than constructing one's house. Most people won't be able to buy the type of houses they rent in their present location at today's prices.

When you factor in the life expectancy rate, then renting looks more economically reasonable.
Re: Cost Of Renting A 1 Bedroom Apartment In Lagos | Co-tenant by seguno2: 11:03pm On May 15, 2019
Gerrard59:
It's actually more expensive buying a house than constructing from scratch including buying the land. However, it's cheaper to continue to pay rent than constructing one's house. Most people won't be able to buy the type of houses they rent in their present location at today's prices.

When you factor in the life expectancy rate, then renting looks more economically reasonable.

Are you saying that property investment for rent and capital growth is not worth it?
As for life expectancy, one builds/accumulate wealth not just for oneself but for the next generations hence the whites, who understand & practice this, are our superiors even though they are not intellectually different from us.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Renting A 1 Bedroom Apartment In Lagos | Co-tenant by Misslynx(f): 11:43pm On May 15, 2019
Please I need a room self con at Ikeja or its axis within the range of 150k to 200k.
Re: Cost Of Renting A 1 Bedroom Apartment In Lagos | Co-tenant by misskungfup: 1:45pm On May 16, 2019
A room self contain/mini flat needed in mushin( palm avenue and its environs) precisely
Re: Cost Of Renting A 1 Bedroom Apartment In Lagos | Co-tenant by Gerrard59(m): 8:58pm On May 16, 2019
seguno2:

Are you saying that property investment for rent and capital growth is not worth it?
As for life expectancy, one builds/accumulate wealth not just for oneself but for the next generations hence the whites, who understand & practice this, are our superiors even though they are not intellectually different from us.

In Nigeria? Kinda of. Compared to the period for the rent to repay the costs using in constructing the building (unlike abroad where mortgages are available), then it doesn't generate needed profits. Also factor in that we collect rent (bi)annually and not monthly.

Regarding the next generation, I believe liquid investments are the best.

P.S. I'm yet to fully research into the pros and cons of renting vs building one's home. Just mental calculation.
Re: Cost Of Renting A 1 Bedroom Apartment In Lagos | Co-tenant by seguno2: 7:04am On May 17, 2019
Gerrard59:
In Nigeria? Kinda of. Compared to the period for the rent to repay the costs using in constructing the building (unlike abroad where mortgages are available), then it doesn't generate needed profits. Also factor in that we collect rent (bi)annually and not monthly.

Regarding the next generation, I believe liquid investments are the best.

P.S. I'm yet to fully research into the pros and cons of renting vs building one's home. Just mental calculation.

You seem to be missing the capital growth aspect of property investment. Is that deliberate?
For the next generation, I am not only focused on the direct offsprings but on the community through charitable donations, activities and time as the whites do.
Re: Cost Of Renting A 1 Bedroom Apartment In Lagos | Co-tenant by Gerrard59(m): 1:50pm On May 17, 2019
seguno2:

You seem to be missing the capital growth aspect of property investment. Is that deliberate?
For the next generation, I am not only focused on the direct offsprings but on the community through charitable donations, activities and time as the whites do.

Could you explain the bold? Or do you mean real estate appreciation?

Regarding your last paragraph, how does real estate investments constitute those activities you listed? In Nigeria, it only takes someone who is financially capable to be philanthropic to individuals not related to the person.
Re: Cost Of Renting A 1 Bedroom Apartment In Lagos | Co-tenant by seguno2: 3:48pm On May 17, 2019
Gerrard59:
Could you explain the bold? Or do you mean real estate appreciation?

Yes.

Regarding your last paragraph, how does real estate investments constitute those activities you listed? In Nigeria, it only takes someone who is financially capable to be philanthropic to individuals not related to the person.

It is not really about financial capabilities but about priorities. The whites who are systematically philanthropic can not all be described as financially capable. Yet they contribute their small small amount to combine for giving Africans scholarships etc.
The hand of those who give will always be on top and above the hand of those who receive.
Re: Cost Of Renting A 1 Bedroom Apartment In Lagos | Co-tenant by adexkunlex1: 4:54pm On May 17, 2019
Hello NAiralanders, Am stranded presently in lagos. I resumed a job yesterday. On arrival to lagos yesterday, i went to the apartment an agent found for me only to discover they are still moulding the blocks. (20% completed). I left in anger with my money.

Please i need the following options...

1. You are stayin in a 2/3bedroom and you are willing to share a room with me... AM READY
2. You want to secure an apartment and you want us to add money together to secure a place... AM READY
3. You have a self room contain for rent- total package not more than 180k-200k on the mainland... AM READY

My watsapp phone no is 08178910360 while my call no is 09032612209.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Cost Of Renting A 1 Bedroom Apartment In Lagos | Co-tenant by Alejobs: 6:48pm On Jul 24, 2019
Can we pray our way to security as a nation or we need serous overhaul of our security architecture?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Can The Nextdoor Neighbor Harvest This Plantain? / 5 Reasons To Move From Lekki To Ajah / Arcadia Groove Estate:constructing Our 4 BEDROOM DUPLEX

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.