Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,515 members, 7,830,530 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:50 AM

Man United Title Challenge Will "Take A Long Time" - Solskjaer - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Man United Title Challenge Will "Take A Long Time" - Solskjaer (11249 Views)

"You Haven’t Played In UCL For Long Time" – Lampard Reminds Man United, Arsenal / Pennant: Arsenal’s EPL Title Challenge Will Collapse After 2022 World Cup / Man United Title Challenge A Year In The Making, Says Solskjaer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man United Title Challenge Will "Take A Long Time" - Solskjaer by Tastemoney(m): 12:06pm On May 13, 2019
T
Re: Man United Title Challenge Will "Take A Long Time" - Solskjaer by dometome: 12:12pm On May 13, 2019
The biggest problem we have is Sanchez, If I were a man united player, I will equally stop playing good football, how can Sanchez be earning that big money for doing absolutely nothing. He earns £75,000 per appearance and a whopping £350,000 per week, so if he appears in a league match and on a champions league evening, 150,000 is assured which means he gets 500,000 each week for doing absolutely nothing. When i ask for a bonus after playing my heart out and doing the club a lot of good, they refuse, I simply play like Sanchez. The players are on strike.

2 Likes

Re: Man United Title Challenge Will "Take A Long Time" - Solskjaer by seborrhic: 12:14pm On May 13, 2019
bizza45:

this one no b plastic matter ... these set of players i said they should sell, if i give them to u for free u no go agree u use them .... imagine person like lingard dey play for manu... if na pep dey manage manu, u no go see all these nonsense
Is that Lingard own I am perplexed about.
Everytime I watch that guy play,I get more convinced the guy has absolutely no business being on the field.
Technically,skillwise,speed,he offers nothing to even be on the bench of a team like M Utd.
It's no surprise that one has never heard speculation of him being linked to any other club.
Rubbish, championship player at best.

2 Likes

Re: Man United Title Challenge Will "Take A Long Time" - Solskjaer by Stamfordluiz(m): 12:14pm On May 13, 2019
bizza45:
sack ole, sell pogba, sell de-gea if he wants to leave , sell Sanchez ,young , Jones , smalling, lukaku but don't let Herrera leave cos that guy na asset, d rest are just dunce

Ander Herrera has played his last match for the club, his current deal is over. His potential club is PSG

1 Like

Re: Man United Title Challenge Will "Take A Long Time" - Solskjaer by erons22(m): 12:17pm On May 13, 2019
Man u Fan's self when ole was busy winning u guys were shouting ole at the wheel, the choosen one, saviour, e dy loose now una Dy say make Dem sack am u guys should leave him and allow him to work it's just his first season

1 Like

Re: Man United Title Challenge Will "Take A Long Time" - Solskjaer by seborrhic: 12:20pm On May 13, 2019
Angelfrost:

You think football management is as simple as that... sack this, sack that. Listen to yourself!.. Ole has had to make do with the mess created by Moyes and Van Gaal, and worsened by mou. As it stands, Ole's success hinges on the full readiness of the board to co-operate with him...

How has Zidane fared since he returned to Real madrid? How many losses, draws?.. You think Valverde's mild success in Barca is his doing? Imagine Pep coaching these set of individuals with the board refusing to spend a dime; how far will he fare?

I now see why English fans make fun of you guys on social media... You know nothing about club football.
Mr,what you saying?
Ole is a rubbish coach and should be sacked.
Rashford,Pogba,Mata,Lindelof,Herrera,Matic, Shaw,even Lukaku and Smalling are good players,anyday,anytime,but under a rubbish coach,they will look poor.
Re: Man United Title Challenge Will "Take A Long Time" - Solskjaer by StudyCrestLtd: 12:22pm On May 13, 2019
logon599:
I think Man United never planned ahead adequately for life after Ferguson. Ferguson had taken them to such heights of success that they felt that even if a manager like Moyes without any title pedigree comes in, the models for success Ferguson had already laid down will just make everything coast along. I'm sure they never prepared for this level of decadence at the club.
Respect for the coach became missing.
Re: Man United Title Challenge Will "Take A Long Time" - Solskjaer by Angelfrost(m): 1:05pm On May 13, 2019
bettercreature:
He should be fired before it’s too late he is not a good coach he was just lucky to win his first 10 games.He is too obsessed with Fergi’s legacy and its going to destroy him
The foool even went for youth In must win last 3 games

Luck? You don't sound objective at all... Who stole Mou's luck?.. The comeback in Paris was also luck?.. That team has run its course. Most of the players want to leave, starting from the dabbing crook.

A youth team with hunger, and proper training will not have lost to Cardiff yesterday. Singling out one player, who did well, shows your knowledge of football is quite limited.
Re: Man United Title Challenge Will "Take A Long Time" - Solskjaer by Angelfrost(m): 1:09pm On May 13, 2019
seborrhic:

Mr,what you saying?
Ole is a rubbish coach and should be sacked.
Rashford,Pogba,Mata,Lindelof,Herrera,Matic, Shaw,even Lukaku and Smalling are good players,anyday,anytime,but under a rubbish coach,they will look poor.

I should be asking you that... Were these good players on sabbatical while Mourinho was there?.. If he is a rubbish coach in such a short time, what do we now say about Mourinho (a legend) who had 2 full seasons with these same players?.. What exactly are you on about?
Re: Man United Title Challenge Will "Take A Long Time" - Solskjaer by engrelvis(m): 1:11pm On May 13, 2019
Idiota.u don't know anything so y won't it take along time. Ole shud get d hell out of man utd.
Re: Man United Title Challenge Will "Take A Long Time" - Solskjaer by lucianohase(m): 1:36pm On May 13, 2019
Please should be sacked, he is not yet qualified to manage such a big club.
Re: Man United Title Challenge Will "Take A Long Time" - Solskjaer by Reference(m): 1:52pm On May 13, 2019
More than a long time. Their era at the top is clearly history. The problem is management and with the young Glazer in charge I cannot see the status quo change until or except the club is sold. And even that is highly unlikely as potential suitors with deep pockets are more likely to invest and take over an Everton or a Wolverhampton than an expensive liability.
Re: Man United Title Challenge Will "Take A Long Time" - Solskjaer by seborrhic: 1:55pm On May 13, 2019
Angelfrost:

I should be asking you that... Were these good players on sabbatical while Mourinho was there?.. If he is a rubbish coach in such a short time, what do we now say about Mourinho (a legend) who had 2 full seasons with these same players?.. What exactly are you on about?
Mourinho won the Europa with largely these players and Ibramovic.
Mourinho came second behind Chelsea in that same season with largely these players.
Except for one or 2 players,the present Man Utd players are at worse a top 4 team.
I am not wishing man Utd bad,but if they continue with Ole,I place a bet he wouldn't last beyond December at most,if not earlier.
He won't even command type of players man Utd would need for a rebuilding process.
Man Utd should cut it's losses and pick up Conte,Allegri or break the bank for Pochettino.
Any of these coaches would attract high Calibre players and start building the foundations of a strong team.
Re: Man United Title Challenge Will "Take A Long Time" - Solskjaer by Wordson(m): 2:21pm On May 13, 2019
erons22:
Man u Fan's self when ole was busy winning u guys were shouting ole at the wheel, the choosen one, saviour, e dy loose now una Dy say make Dem sack am u guys should leave him and allow him to work it's just his first season

Re: Man United Title Challenge Will "Take A Long Time" - Solskjaer by Wordson(m): 2:25pm On May 13, 2019
erons22:
Useless club dat wanted our downfall.. sad

Re: Man United Title Challenge Will "Take A Long Time" - Solskjaer by TGMISKY(m): 2:35pm On May 13, 2019
Like 40 years?
Re: Man United Title Challenge Will "Take A Long Time" - Solskjaer by alfredilly: 2:56pm On May 13, 2019
logon599:
I think Man United never planned ahead adequately for life after Ferguson. Ferguson had taken them to such heights of success that they felt that even if a manager like Moyes without any title pedigree comes in, the models for success Ferguson had already laid down will just make everything coast along. I'm sure they never prepared for this level of decadence at the club.
man united never plan for life after Ferguson. Even Ferguson failed to plan for his own retirement. A manager who spend 27 years at the club, already has the club identity planted around him. But Ferguson left a team that needed overhauling after his retirement. Hiring Moyes was not what will haunt the club, hiring Mourinho who is only known for achieving with ready made team and charging him with the tast of rebuilding. What he left in the team is what we are now contending with. He was the longest serving manager after Alex Ferguson, but left the team in terrible state.
Re: Man United Title Challenge Will "Take A Long Time" - Solskjaer by RexTramadol1: 5:17pm On May 13, 2019
Everything about this man takes time

He's clearly a coward!
Re: Man United Title Challenge Will "Take A Long Time" - Solskjaer by Mogajunior(m): 6:55pm On May 13, 2019
MAN UTD IS A HUGE DISAPPOINTMENT. BEATEN BY TWO RELEGATED TEAMS BACK TO BACK. THEY DONT DESERVE TO REMAIN IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE. THEY SHUD BE SENT TO LEAGUE TWO.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man United Title Challenge Will "Take A Long Time" - Solskjaer by Kfed4ril(m): 8:07pm On May 13, 2019
bizza45:
sack ole, sell pogba, sell de-gea if he wants to leave , sell Sanchez ,young , Jones , smalling, lukaku but don't let Herrera leave cos that guy na asset, d rest are just dunce

Herrera wey don comot already
Re: Man United Title Challenge Will "Take A Long Time" - Solskjaer by Mizwisdom(f): 8:30pm On May 13, 2019
Angelfrost:

You think football management is as simple as that... sack this, sack that. Listen to yourself!.. Ole has had to make do with the mess created by Moyes and Van Gaal, and worsened by mou. As it stands, Ole's success hinges on the full readiness of the board to co-operate with him...

How has Zidane fared since he returned to Real madrid? How many losses, draws?.. You think Valverde's mild success in Barca is his doing? Imagine Pep coaching these set of individuals with the board refusing to spend a dime; how far will he fare?

I now see why English fans make fun of you guys on social media... You know nothing about club football.

Has Ole ever won any trophy in his career? the man is a failure. Manu will be relegated next season if they don't sack him, then throw Pogba away, send all those useless defenders and goal keepers away.
Re: Man United Title Challenge Will "Take A Long Time" - Solskjaer by Mizwisdom(f): 8:30pm On May 13, 2019
Angelfrost:

Has Ole ever won any trophy in his career? the man is a failure. Manu will be relegated next season if they don't sack him, then throw Pogba away, send all those useless defenders and goal keeper away.
Re: Man United Title Challenge Will "Take A Long Time" - Solskjaer by amrete1: 10:38pm On May 13, 2019
[quote author=ogbiwa post=78345507] It will "take a long time" for Manchester United to challenge for the Premier League title again, says manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer.

United ended their season with a dismal 2-0 home defeat against relegated Cardiff to finish sixth, 32 points behind champions Manchester City.

The Red Devils won just one of their last seven league games.

"The last couple of months have been extremely hard for the team, the club and for the players," said Solskjaer.

United finished second under Jose Mourinho last season, but the Portuguese was sacked in December following a run of poor results.

The Old Trafford club's legendary former striker Solskjaer was appointed on an interim basis, taking the the club on a run of 12 games without defeat, but they collapsed in the final few months to finish five points off a Champions League place.

They last won the title in 2012-13, in Sir Alex Ferguson's last season in charge, while it is now two seasons without a trophy after the Europa League and League Cup triumphs in 2016-17.

Solskjaer told BBC Radio 5 Live: "More or less the only positive from today is that the season is over. We meet again on 1 July and we will work back to where we belong.

"To reach the leaders it will take a long time. For ourselves, the short-term focus in the league will be getting into the top four.

"We have got the Europa League, FA Cup, Carabao Cup to go for a trophy because Manchester United can't go many years without winning a trophy. Jose [Mourinho] won the Europa League last and that is a realistic ambition.

"In the league, the points we are behind the top two, they have been excellent, those two. Absolutely exceptional. And we are five or six points behind Arsenal, Tottenham, Chelsea. They are the ones we have to make sure we catch up and don't let anyone closer to us."

Speculation continues over the futures of several big-name players at United, mainly midfielder Paul Pogba, who has been linked with a move to Real Madrid.

In videos on social media, the French World Cup winner received abuse from his own supporters while performing the end-of-season lap of honour.

Club captain Antonio Valencia and midfielder Ander Herrera will leave, while Juan Mata's contract runs out at the end of the season and Alexis Sanchez could also move on.

Against Cardiff, Solskjaer gave a full start to academy product Mason Greenwood at the age of 17.

"We will need players in," said Solskjaer. "We will need some characters in but, of course, you see Mason [Greenwood] today, he is made for Manchester United and a player we will see a lot of."

'I was always a professional in all aspects' - Sanchez
Meanwhile, forward Alexis Sanchez took to social media to "apologise" on behalf of the team and defended himself against accusations against his own commitment to the cause.

The Chilean, who only managed 27 appearances this season, said: "Personally, I didn't perform as much as I was expecting because of unpredictable injuries.

"Press and people were speculating of things that were not even true. I was always a professional in all aspects.

"I apologise to the fans for not be able to achieve our goals, nevertheless we are Manchester United!

"Players and staff are questioning if we were doing the right thing and if we were giving our best for this football shirt... I'm certain that Manchester United one day will return to be the club, as it was in the old days with Mr Alex Ferguson."

they should have allowed Mourinho to continue
Re: Man United Title Challenge Will "Take A Long Time" - Solskjaer by amrete1: 10:42pm On May 13, 2019
it's now crystal clear that Mourinho was not the problem. you sack Mou wetin u gain?. still ended sixth and without any trophy. Each time I see Ole, I see another Moyes.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man United Title Challenge Will "Take A Long Time" - Solskjaer by booksrite(f): 5:31am On Jun 29, 2019
it's now crystal clear that Mourinho was not the problem. you sack Mou wetin u gain?. still ended sixth and without any trophy. Each time I see Ole, I see another Moyes.

embarassed

(1) (2) (Reply)

Oparanozie Excited To Play Against France At The World Cup (video) / Websites For Downloading Football Highlights / Week 17 UK Pool Fixtures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.