Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,835 members, 7,810,210 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:01 AM

Brighton Sack Manager Chris Hughton - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Brighton Sack Manager Chris Hughton (14268 Views)

Ghana Sacks Coach Hughton After AFCON Failure / Hughton Becomes Ghana's New Coach / Brighton Coach Hughton Explains Balogun’s Prolonged Bench Role (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Brighton Sack Manager Chris Hughton by Godsknight(m): 1:22pm On May 13, 2019
coolfredo:
Can man utd also sack Ole abeg that man clueless
it has come to that? I thought you were praising him when he first got the appointment?
Re: Brighton Sack Manager Chris Hughton by olutop(m): 1:25pm On May 13, 2019
ogbonti:

You think Sir Alex Ferguson became a legend at the club in half a season? In fact Sir Alex''s first 3 seasons were not remarkable

To be a successfull coach, you need time to sync with the players, especially when 100% of the players you are working with are all inherited from a previous manager. For me to call Ole clueless, he has to be there as manager for at least 3 seasons without a silverware!
That was in the past, no Big club will give a coach 3 good years with abysmal result just for the team to sync, not in this modern era

2 Likes

Re: Brighton Sack Manager Chris Hughton by jarvis4: 1:25pm On May 13, 2019
fasho01:

Lol.. With the way Klopp ran into the dressing room half-time, he went to call them to better give them their money's worth.. Lol
Exactly

1 Like

Re: Brighton Sack Manager Chris Hughton by Angelfrost(m): 1:33pm On May 13, 2019
udemzyudex:

Oh he is now clueless huh? When he was winning matches you guys were saying he is the best and started insulting Mourinho even after telling you that the problem is the players.

Now you still retain your 6th position nothing change ,and now you say Ole is clueless? Wonderful.

You are wasting time with trophy-chasing plastic fans that jump from club to club hunting for glory... They should all move to Man City... After the board, these foreign fans are a headache... It's shameful the trash they write up.
Re: Brighton Sack Manager Chris Hughton by Kulas: 1:36pm On May 13, 2019
jarvis4:
Liverpool paid them to stop city but they failed so the coach took the fall
Exactly

They had meeting last week where Liverpool doled out money to them to stop City, and Liverpool delegation have asked Mr Chris, please before we write this check to Brighton, are you SURE you can stop City for us, he said YES, go ahead.They paid and yesterday, the task won't accomplished, leading to his sack today
Re: Brighton Sack Manager Chris Hughton by moorevic(m): 1:37pm On May 13, 2019
First name; Arsenal
Surname : Europa
Re: Brighton Sack Manager Chris Hughton by Nobody: 1:41pm On May 13, 2019
So Tony the Lizard sacked this man. Hmmm
Re: Brighton Sack Manager Chris Hughton by bluefilm: 2:07pm On May 13, 2019
They can try Ole Gunnar Solskjær.

Or better still...

Jose Mourinho, who I believe is still jobless and desperately aching to get back to action.
Re: Brighton Sack Manager Chris Hughton by mvem(m): 2:17pm On May 13, 2019
ogbonti:

You think Sir Alex Ferguson became a legend at the club in half a season? In fact Sir Alex''s first 3 seasons were not remarkable

To be a successfull coach, you need time to sync with the players, especially when 100% of the players you are working with are all inherited from a previous manager. For me to call Ole clueless, he has to be there as manager for at least 3 seasons without a silverware!
..you think in this era a club like man utd will give there manager 3 seasons without trophy....its not possible...infact Ole is likely to sacked before next year if the poor results continues....thats the era we are in now
Re: Brighton Sack Manager Chris Hughton by CaesarDon(m): 2:24pm On May 13, 2019
Well done the only black manager in the premier League or rather ex black manager
Re: Brighton Sack Manager Chris Hughton by Reeb2244: 2:32pm On May 13, 2019
xscoffy:
And barca is still waiting to be reminded on what to do.. Seems they r comfortable winning local league season after season
That failure of Valverde needs to go out of that team.
Re: Brighton Sack Manager Chris Hughton by TempleHouse: 2:34pm On May 13, 2019
All experts on European and English football in Nigeria, but have little knowledge about your local league.
Colonial mentality !!!
Re: Brighton Sack Manager Chris Hughton by anambraamaka: 2:46pm On May 13, 2019
Their relegation was sad, I mean they beat Man City
Re: Brighton Sack Manager Chris Hughton by STRENGTHesq(m): 3:44pm On May 13, 2019
chrisxxx:

I will smash my phone.
grin
Re: Brighton Sack Manager Chris Hughton by NarnieSnyper(m): 5:06pm On May 13, 2019
Iampryde:
The only black coach in the ELP, i guess his luck ran out...or it's a case of him versus the board.

Not entirely black, His father is Ghanaian, mother is Irish.
Why do you guys always bring racism into any thing that doesn't favour the black race?
This is a man who had a very bad run of form, almost got them relegated.
Re: Brighton Sack Manager Chris Hughton by EbukaHades10(m): 7:00pm On May 13, 2019
ogbonti:

Oh!!!! As a United fan, please show this to ur other members and tell them to leave Klopp alone.

Why do they want mans to go to Switzerland so bad?

Re: Brighton Sack Manager Chris Hughton by EbukaHades10(m): 7:03pm On May 13, 2019
olutop:

That was in the past, no Big club will give a coach 3 good years with abysmal result just for the team to sync, not in this modern era
Cancel that big club and type ur club "Manchester United"

Re: Brighton Sack Manager Chris Hughton by EbukaHades10(m): 7:06pm On May 13, 2019
Larryslim:

Leave him, It took Klopp 4seasons to build this team.
He inherited a depleted squad with bad players that weren't meant to play for Liverpool, he disposed all of them one by one, and brought in his own players that suits his style of play.
He hasn't won a single trophy in that 4years but at least he has returned Liverpool to the formidable side they've always been.
Same with Poch, ole hasn't even been at the club for six months, and they are calling for his head already.
The stupid pundits too have started their propaganda against him, but they never called out Poch or Klopp for not winning any trophy.
U very smart

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Brighton Sack Manager Chris Hughton by Rossikk(m): 8:44pm On May 13, 2019
TempleHouse:
The prejudice about the black coaches in England is very high, yet black people in Nigeria are attacking themselves for Chelsea and Arsenal without common sense.

Honestly, that is why I have no favourite among those teams. Not really worth investing the emotional energy .
Re: Brighton Sack Manager Chris Hughton by iphanyi10(m): 9:21pm On May 13, 2019
ogbonti:

I agree with some points you raised, but you have to realise that now, the era of football is result oriented, the lesser clubs sometimes change managers two to three times a season. it is what it is, no one has that patience anymore.

to trust someone with time , you have to see the signs, spark that this manager will do well given the right players.

and how do you know that?

what is the coach ideology of football, what is the pattern of play, are one or two of the players actually improving(everybody cant be that bad), is there a willingness and fight to win matches. you cant take up a job in a very big club and then take them from low to the lowest, at least there should be an improvement no matter how little.

at least lay a foundation that can be worked upon, like klop and Guardiola have done in their first season. can you actually say the same for ole?

I agree coaches should be given time, but only coaches that have shown signs of improvement.
Re: Brighton Sack Manager Chris Hughton by ogbonti: 10:29pm On May 13, 2019
iphanyi10:

I agree with some points you raised, but you have to realise that now, the era of football is result oriented, the lesser clubs sometimes change managers two to three times a season. it is what it is, no one has that patience anymore.

to trust someone with time , you have to see the signs, spark that this manager will do well given the right players.

and how do you know that?

what is the coach ideology of football, what is the pattern of play, are one or two of the players actually improving(everybody cant be that bad), is there a willingness and fight to win matches. you cant take up a job in a very big club and then take them from low to the lowest, at least there should be an improvement no matter how little.

at least lay a foundation that can be worked upon, like klop and Guardiola have done in their first season. can you actually say the same for ole?

I agree coaches should be given time, but only coaches that have shown signs of improvement.

My friend you like to argue too much, I have been following Utd for more than 3 decades, this is their worst team ever, forget the big names like Pogba or Alexis, or Lukaku, this is no team, period!

And as for patience, you are the one lacking patience not me. For one to have good results, the right set of players must gel together for a few seasons. It's not rocket science. The Chesley team that won the UEFA champions in 2012 were together for almost 7 seasons. That was the team that lost to Utd. via penalties in 2008. Football is not magic, it is chemistry, good attitude, right strategy, gifted.players and the will to win

The Real Madrid team.that won UCL back to back for 3 years were together since 2010 under Jose Maurinho. And they won the cup 2014, 16, 17, 18 right? That's 4 season's of playing together with very gifted players including the GOAT Ronaldo and players like Kroos, Modric, etc

Football is not magic, I don't know how else to explain it except u just wanna argue, and I don't have time for that my brother
Re: Brighton Sack Manager Chris Hughton by ogbonti: 10:37pm On May 13, 2019
mvem:
..you think in this era a club like man utd will give there manager 3 seasons without trophy....its not possible...infact Ole is likely to sacked before next year if the poor results continues....thats the era we are in now

I am not doubting that he may be sacked neither am I arguing that Ole is the best thing to happen since sliced bread. All I am saying is that it is not the right for any team to just come out and call itself Man Utd. And then the EPL will be handed over to them on a platter of gold. Enough work must be put in it and Ferguson did not become a legend there in half season. That is not a lie, we all know he failed in a few seasons before he made it.
If Utd wants to be a great team, they have to keep faith, and give Ole 3 seasons, and with their huge war chest of finance they can get any player in the world. players like Fred, Alexis, Herrera, Lukaku, Shaw, and a few others are good but not good enough for a team wanting to win the EPL or dominate Europe, that is the plain truth which is very bitter. Even Ole said recently that Quality is lacking in this team. You either accept it or live with the lies that one Coach called Solkjaer is the problem. This Utd. team will fail under the triumvirate of greats like Fabio Capello, Zinedine Zidane and Ariggo Sacchi all combined, working together, they won't even win the EPL take less of UCL
Re: Brighton Sack Manager Chris Hughton by mvem(m): 6:09am On May 14, 2019
ogbonti:

I am not doubting that he may be sacked neither am I arguing that Ole is the best thing to happen since sliced bread. All I am saying is that it is not the right for any team to just come out and call itself Man Utd. And then the EPL will be handed over to them on a platter of gold. Enough work must be put in it and Ferguson did not become a legend there in half season. That is not a lie, we all know he failed in a few seasons before he made it.
If Utd wants to be a great team, they have to keep faith, and give Ole 3 seasons, and with their huge war chest of finance they can get any player in the world. players like Fred, Alexis, Herrera, Lukaku, Shaw, and a few others are good but not good enough for a team wanting to win the EPL or dominate Europe, that is the plain truth which is very bitter. Even Ole said recently that Quality is lacking in this team. You either accept it or live with the lies that one Coach called Solkjaer is the problem. This Utd. team will fail under the triumvirate of greats like Fabio Capello, Zinedine Zidane and Ariggo Sacchi all combined, working together, they won't even win the EPL take less of UCL
...in reality these clubs now need quick successes and profits especially of its a big one ....its like telling Madrid management to be patient for 3 season for a manager to deliver a trophy. The managers going to Madrid, Barcelona, Utd, Bayern etc know what is demanded by there board and management and that's instant trophy which correlates with the club maintaining its high status....all what your saying is reasonable but not obtainable at this time....and please Managers still matters....I have told someone that give Man utd team as they are to Guardiola and I can bet they will finish top 4, not to win the league but they will be very competitive....Utd squad is not poor as you think.....Pogba, Sanchez, lukkaku, Herrera,matic, degea, rashford,lingard, martial etc ....these are quality players ....can you compare Tottenham or Liverpool players on an individual level to these players....look at Henderson, Milner, wiljnadum, Robertson etc....these are Liverpool players and individually not world class but see how klopp makes them play ....try to get my point

(1) (2) (Reply)

Full Fixture Of 2018 Higher Institution Football League / Dalung Set To Handover National Stadium Surulere To Lagos State Govt. / Borrusia Dortmund Sign Paco Alcacer From Barcelona On A Permanent Deal (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.