Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,454 members, 7,826,740 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 07:26 PM

Thud Sound On Coasting - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Thud Sound On Coasting (724 Views)

Loud Thump Coasting Lexus RX350 / Help, Honda Accord Skips Second Gear With Loud Thud / Rattle Sound On Cold Start RX350 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Thud Sound On Coasting by Whynow(m): 12:02pm On May 13, 2019
When coasting on my 07 RX350 AWD and let I go of the gas pedal ,then get back on the gas pedal, I hear thuds sound under the vehicle coming from the rear.
To me it seems like the front and rear don't sync on movement, hence the thump or jam sound ..

It happens only at the above scenario.

What I have done so far...
1.All rear sub frames have been retightened.
2.Differential mount and bushing changed. See pix of old and new installation

Pls what could be the cuse of this sound?
Any one with similar experience?
I am thinking the propeller or U joints or centre bearing.

(1) (Reply)

Honda Odyssey Celebrates 25 Years With New Updates / Im Using This Opportunity To Introduce You To Meeting One On One Business Ideas / Please Suggest Engine Oil For Nissan Altima 2008

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.