Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,589 members, 7,812,914 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:22 PM

How Much Does It Cost To Verify A Certificate - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Much Does It Cost To Verify A Certificate (1073 Views)

How To Verify Your Bank BVN On Phone; MTN, Airtel, Etisalat & Glo / How To Verify a NUBAN Bank Account Without Login To Internet Banking / Step-by-step Guide To Own And Verify A Paypal Account yourself Here In Nigeria. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Much Does It Cost To Verify A Certificate by Allcorrect(m): 5:25pm On May 03, 2007
I was wondering ow much it costs to verify a certificate. One broker said it was 500 bucks per registrar and another said it was 30naira per certificate. But i still understand that its free with the registrars.
Considering whether i should go to the registrars myself.
Someone should put a voice to this to avoid being defrauded
Re: How Much Does It Cost To Verify A Certificate by joobreel(m): 12:54pm On May 05, 2007
to add to yours allcorrect, apart from the money matter, how long would it require to verify and sell shares in certificates if one doesn't have the CSCS account.
Re: How Much Does It Cost To Verify A Certificate by aniffy4eva(m): 1:02pm On May 05, 2007
It should be absolutely free to verify a certificate wink , only shady brokers collect money from u, angry
Re: How Much Does It Cost To Verify A Certificate by namdo(m): 2:03pm On May 05, 2007
One question answered. Thanks.
But can't a stock broker do this within days? or does it depend on availability of buyers?

Me i need more light too, from any stock trading guru here.

shalom.
Re: How Much Does It Cost To Verify A Certificate by enolase(m): 5:21pm On May 05, 2007
the most important thing is that u need to have a CSCS certificate. Whatever the case, the amount of money you are talking about is not too much.

stockbrokers have to eat my brother. simply get one where u will pay the least and get ur stuff verified.

most good things in life cost money. u know why it's called currency? because it flows like a current, from one person to the other.

get my drift?
Re: How Much Does It Cost To Verify A Certificate by egoldman(m): 6:13pm On May 05, 2007
enolase:

the most important thing is that u need to have a CSCS certificate. Whatever the case, the amount of money you are talking about is not too much.

stockbrokers have to eat my brother. simply get one where u will pay the least and get your stuff verified.

most good things in life cost money. u know why it's called currency? because it flows like a current, from one person to the other.

get my drift?

Your argument is wrong, if the NSE says it should be free, then free it must be , dont support cheating even if its 1 kobo thats involved , its still cheating .
Re: How Much Does It Cost To Verify A Certificate by Allcorrect(m): 5:21pm On May 07, 2007
Thanks guys, know that it is free because i brought out my fbn, zenith and about 8 other firms and she said it was 500 per certfiicate, i was dazed, cos the certificates were like 16 in nos.If i was to pay 500 each thats like 4k for onli verification. I just left the place.
All these brokers i dont even understand
Re: How Much Does It Cost To Verify A Certificate by aniffy4eva(m): 6:49am On May 08, 2007
@ N'landers

It should take about 5 working days to verify your certificate normally, "note the emphasis". however, due to the way Naija is, the registrars have various reasons for the delay.
e.g. the volume of share certificates waiting to be verified may be overwhelming, like millions,
the company in question may not want all the certficates to be verified quickly to disallow many shareholders from selling off and making profit due to capital appreciation as this would cause an overflooding of the market with their shares and a drop in price, cos all CEOs love it when the share prices of their coys rise smiley and hate it when it falls angry

But my bro., the longest it shd take shd be about 2 - 3 wks
Re: How Much Does It Cost To Verify A Certificate by Allcorrect(m): 11:28am On May 08, 2007
My little experience with that verificatiion stuff is that some registrars are far more effective than others, Zenith and FBN registrars are one of the fastest. The registrars for Gtb also fast taking less than a week but on the other hand Wema might take a long time maybe upto a month. The last time i verified through my brokers with Wema it took like forever and i needed the pay to pay my MBA fees. I was really dazed at the kinda system that was operated there.
The best bet now is to get a cscs nos and fill it in when u are buying into any public offers.
Happy investing guys.

(1) (Reply)

It Services At Affordable Price In Abuja / What Can I Do With N200,000? / I need internet cheap service

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.