Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,740 members, 7,820,545 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:50 PM

Do Not Resist Arrest Even If Illegal - Nigeria Police Warn Nigerians - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Do Not Resist Arrest Even If Illegal - Nigeria Police Warn Nigerians (22683 Views)

Man Goes Unclad To Resist Arrest By LASTMA Officials In Lagos. His Boxers Seized / Kill A Python, Go To Jail, Zoo Manager Warn Nigerians / Borno Sex Worker Humiliated By Security Operatives While Trying To Resist Arrest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do Not Resist Arrest Even If Illegal - Nigeria Police Warn Nigerians by Nobody: 7:58pm On May 13, 2019
Bull shiit.

What authority does the police have to arrest anyone illegally?

You only call for questioning then arrest when you have proof.

Deluded black bats.

1 Like

Re: Do Not Resist Arrest Even If Illegal - Nigeria Police Warn Nigerians by Nobody: 7:59pm On May 13, 2019
Bull shiit.

What authority does the police have to arrest anyone illegally?

You only call for questioning then arrest when you have proof.

Deluded black bats.
Re: Do Not Resist Arrest Even If Illegal - Nigeria Police Warn Nigerians by andyanders: 8:00pm On May 13, 2019
Shelumiel:
This sort of advice should only be taken seriously in saner societies , and not in Nigeria where lawlessness is practiced by those who are supposed to uphold the law .
Exactly. Not The Nigerian Police. This will even empower them to start arresting people indiscriminately. The officers just look for loopholes against the Public.

2 Likes

Re: Do Not Resist Arrest Even If Illegal - Nigeria Police Warn Nigerians by Chitumu: 8:01pm On May 13, 2019
What if a kidnapper dressed in police uniform come to arrest me illegaly? Tufiakwa! I go resist until i saw arrest waarrant and I D card with police number. To hell with Nigerian police
Re: Do Not Resist Arrest Even If Illegal - Nigeria Police Warn Nigerians by Hoodbilonia: 8:01pm On May 13, 2019
450$ aftersales for yankee o
Topmaike007:
so how much do you think one cost?
Re: Do Not Resist Arrest Even If Illegal - Nigeria Police Warn Nigerians by lonelydora: 8:03pm On May 13, 2019
Hoodbilonia:
Time to get ma own steel
21 in a clip,extra heat
Fuc wit me
Id go deep
Down to ma waistline
Trust me i wont waste time
I'd Blazt u up to your teeth
Npf u nothing but a cheat

Get the 1911, you will never regret
Re: Do Not Resist Arrest Even If Illegal - Nigeria Police Warn Nigerians by Kharol1234: 8:03pm On May 13, 2019
ni bo den i follow who na go police station, i go cum pay 20k to bale mysef wen i no do anytin

1 Like

Re: Do Not Resist Arrest Even If Illegal - Nigeria Police Warn Nigerians by dakido(m): 8:03pm On May 13, 2019
Upton:

You don't resist arrest anywhere in the world na. Illegal arrest happens everywhere in the world but you have to remain calm

Once you are arrested if you are guilty of whatever or not, my brother or sister you must be bailed with at leat 10k.
Re: Do Not Resist Arrest Even If Illegal - Nigeria Police Warn Nigerians by capitalzero: 8:05pm On May 13, 2019
we are doomed in this country. police can do and undo with this statement. there must be limitation to police power otherwise it will be abused.
Re: Do Not Resist Arrest Even If Illegal - Nigeria Police Warn Nigerians by Yopcity: 8:05pm On May 13, 2019
Even asking those questions alone could make the animals attack u no matter how polite u tend to be.

Nigeria police are wild animals simple and short!

2 Likes

Re: Do Not Resist Arrest Even If Illegal - Nigeria Police Warn Nigerians by Nobody: 8:05pm On May 13, 2019
Why will you arrest someone illegally? This doesn't make sense.
Re: Do Not Resist Arrest Even If Illegal - Nigeria Police Warn Nigerians by Damiakande: 8:06pm On May 13, 2019
I AF tire for this country
Re: Do Not Resist Arrest Even If Illegal - Nigeria Police Warn Nigerians by etcsines: 8:06pm On May 13, 2019
This is Nigeria
Re: Do Not Resist Arrest Even If Illegal - Nigeria Police Warn Nigerians by SoNature(m): 8:08pm On May 13, 2019
Ordinarily, most people wouldn't resist arrest.
But they do because you hardly get to police station without paying bail, especially when you cannot afford a lawyer.
Meanwhile, the police says that bail is free

2 Likes

Re: Do Not Resist Arrest Even If Illegal - Nigeria Police Warn Nigerians by Francopol(m): 8:09pm On May 13, 2019
even if "illegal"? thunder fire u pple... try nonsense and see wat gonna happen
Re: Do Not Resist Arrest Even If Illegal - Nigeria Police Warn Nigerians by Nobody: 8:10pm On May 13, 2019
shocked

Check signature jhor
Re: Do Not Resist Arrest Even If Illegal - Nigeria Police Warn Nigerians by Sonnobax15(m): 8:10pm On May 13, 2019
It is naturally an act of madnex 2 be law-abidinq in a lawless nation like niqeria....as 4 NPF,we don hear una!!!

1 Like

Re: Do Not Resist Arrest Even If Illegal - Nigeria Police Warn Nigerians by iboboyswag(m): 8:11pm On May 13, 2019
HMarshal:
Wat a shithole full of decayed remains are u spilling sir Is that a solution Wat effrontery ...why wuld ur minions arrest any1 illegally in the 1st place Wats wrng with this ppl tho This is the height or incompetency!!!

Dem don tell you something... if you like dey speak English
Re: Do Not Resist Arrest Even If Illegal - Nigeria Police Warn Nigerians by adedehinbo(m): 8:11pm On May 13, 2019
Hoodbilonia:
450$ aftersales for yankee o
I think say you be smart thug bfr but seeing you replying the cost of that 4 I knew you only a empty vessels,what if that guy is an undercover cops trying to know the kind of a person you are
Re: Do Not Resist Arrest Even If Illegal - Nigeria Police Warn Nigerians by Nobody: 8:12pm On May 13, 2019
The purpose of the illegal arrest is to extort money from their victims in the name of bail.Ilegal arrest is a kidnapping.

2 Likes

Re: Do Not Resist Arrest Even If Illegal - Nigeria Police Warn Nigerians by Nobody: 8:15pm On May 13, 2019
Happygeez1:
See below
You dey craze.
Re: Do Not Resist Arrest Even If Illegal - Nigeria Police Warn Nigerians by Nobody: 8:16pm On May 13, 2019
I rest my case here with this policing of a thin......... that can happen here in Nigeria....... Police wey dey search u self be suspect on its own. Na dem dem police dey plant drugs put 4 person pocket den arrest u say u carry drugs around.........
Just like those crazy Airport authorities who plant drugs in to people luggages.......

THIEF DEY CATCH THIEF
Re: Do Not Resist Arrest Even If Illegal - Nigeria Police Warn Nigerians by Nobody: 8:18pm On May 13, 2019
Ahosi0944:
[sup][/sup]
No be u scam my padi 10k run so
Re: Do Not Resist Arrest Even If Illegal - Nigeria Police Warn Nigerians by SOFTENGR: 8:19pm On May 13, 2019
abbey621:
There's no need to resist arrest, whether right or wrong, do not argue in the face of guns or poorly trained police officers. You've only got one life, do not let a frustrated soul take yours away!
Imagine a scenario where a man or a lady is walking alone, only to see some men in tattered cloths come down from a danfo bus and order him/her to come in. If you were the victim, what would you do? What would come to the mind of a normal person is to take off.
That's the situation we face now.
The polite thing to do as a police officer is to properly introduce yourself and allow the "suspect" to call his family to inform them of his arrest. Then he would feel safe and comply. This is what is lacking in the approach of those poorly trained men.
Most "suspects" resist arrest when they feel they are being kidnapped rather than being arrested.

1 Like

Re: Do Not Resist Arrest Even If Illegal - Nigeria Police Warn Nigerians by Nobody: 8:20pm On May 13, 2019
WRONG GRAMMAR again
It’s meant to be “ DO NOT RESIST ARREST even if LEGAL”

1 Like

Re: Do Not Resist Arrest Even If Illegal - Nigeria Police Warn Nigerians by Hoodbilonia: 8:21pm On May 13, 2019
Whr u wan see gun buy legally for naija
Abegi
adedehinbo:
I think say you be smart thug bfr but seeing you replying the cost of that 4 I knew you only a empty vessels,what if that guy is an undercover cops trying to know the kind of a person you are
Re: Do Not Resist Arrest Even If Illegal - Nigeria Police Warn Nigerians by Nobody: 8:22pm On May 13, 2019
Nigeria police!

They are not totally useless, but their uselessness is gradually outweighing their usefulness.

Most of them are wild beasts; no conscience.

Even if you are innocent, they can rearrange your destiny in seconds. It is better to sleep and not wake than to fall into the hands of MOST Nigeria police officers.

I know what I'm saying.
Re: Do Not Resist Arrest Even If Illegal - Nigeria Police Warn Nigerians by OgogoroFreak(m): 8:25pm On May 13, 2019
Upton:

You don't resist arrest anywhere in the world na. Illegal arrest happens everywhere in the world but you have to remain calm
What if the "police" are actually kidnappers?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Gunmen Killed 21 Cows In Rivers – Miyetti Allah / Bandits Kill Man One Month To His Wedding In Kaduna (Photos) / Young Men Stripped Unclad In Bayelsa And Paraded Round Town For Stealing (Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.