Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,194 members, 7,822,029 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:34 AM

Suspected Boko Haram Militants Strike Again - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Suspected Boko Haram Militants Strike Again (5722 Views)

Soldiers Kill More Boko Haram Militants,Recover Weapons In Borno. Graphic Photos / Troops Kill Boko Haram Militants In Borno School, Also Recover Weapons.pics / Nigerian Troops Claim They Killed 100 Boko Haram Militants In Yobe(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Suspected Boko Haram Militants Strike Again by 9janews(m): 5:39am On Sep 23, 2010

Islamists suspected to be members of the Boko Haram sect have struck again in Maiduguri.

They reportedly killed two people, one of them a local chief, yesterday.

A police source said the latest attack by the gunmen on motorbikes must have been carried out by the sect that launched an uprising last year.

The killings occurred in an area of the city of Maiduguri where the sect had its headquarters before a brutal assault put down the uprising and destroyed the enclave last year, the officer said on condition of anonymity.

“Two people were killed in the Gwaidomari neighbourhood, and one of them turned out to be a local chief,” the officer said.

“From eyewitness accounts, the modus operandi of the attackers was similar to that applied in previous attacks. The fact that the assailants came on a motorbike, opened fire on their victims and sped away gives rise to some suspicion that the attackers were Boko Haram members.”

A series of such attacks have occurred in Nigeria’s mainly Muslim north in recent months, with authorities saying they suspected the Islamist sect known as Boko Haram, which means “Western education is sin” in local Hausa dialect.

Suspected sect members also used machine guns and homemade bombs to attack a prison in Bauchi this month, freeing more than 700 prisoners.

Around 100 alleged Boko Haram members were among those who escaped.

Last year’s uprising began with attacks on police posts, and police have been among the victims of the recent killings by motorcycle-riding gunmen in northern Nigeria.

The attacks come ahead of presidential elections next year and have been an ominous sign in a country where ballots have often been tainted by violence.

http://www.nigeriaindependent.com/index.php/news/nigeria/754718-Boko-Haram-Militants-Strike-Again.html
Re: Suspected Boko Haram Militants Strike Again by Osama10(m): 5:51am On Sep 23, 2010
These killings are too frequent these days, something drastic has to be done.
Re: Suspected Boko Haram Militants Strike Again by 9janews(m): 5:57am On Sep 23, 2010
The leadership has failed to address these issues earlier
Re: Suspected Boko Haram Militants Strike Again by VALIDATOR: 7:47am On Sep 23, 2010
The nigerian security operatives are not well trained in counter terrorism. That is why they killed boko haram leader.They should have extracted valuable information from him when he was caught rather than just shooting and killing him. Now, they are on the loose again.
Re: Suspected Boko Haram Militants Strike Again by dobodobo(m): 8:14am On Sep 23, 2010
embarassed embarassed embarassed I wish I'm militant
Re: Suspected Boko Haram Militants Strike Again by Ranoscky(m): 12:57pm On Sep 23, 2010
Stil on the matter !!!
Re: Suspected Boko Haram Militants Strike Again by chamber2(m): 1:03pm On Sep 23, 2010
Boko haraam and kidnapers which is better?

Y not also declare death penalty against d so called boko haram sect
Re: Suspected Boko Haram Militants Strike Again by Samokunade: 1:27pm On Sep 23, 2010
This is another form of terrorism.boko haram or haram boko, they should flush out before taking another dimension like the maitasana.for how long should fold our arms and watch our beloved country people been molested by some miscrant. Are they above the law? Mr president, pls act now before it would b too late
Re: Suspected Boko Haram Militants Strike Again by bolanleodu: 1:28pm On Sep 23, 2010
Why cant we just nuke those confirmed fundamentalist regime of the north. It should save us stress and money since some stupid northern government are wasting our money funding these terrorist.
Re: Suspected Boko Haram Militants Strike Again by spikedcylinder: 1:34pm On Sep 23, 2010
It's like a virus.
Re: Suspected Boko Haram Militants Strike Again by btlasisi(m): 1:43pm On Sep 23, 2010
The killing could have been politically motivated since BokoHaram name would just sound too good as an envelope to cover up the true motives and true identity of killers.
Re: Suspected Boko Haram Militants Strike Again by vicknesh: 1:48pm On Sep 23, 2010
what is jonathief doing about this boko haram? cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool
Re: Suspected Boko Haram Militants Strike Again by lepa001(f): 1:49pm On Sep 23, 2010
The nigerian security operatives are not well trained in counter terrorism. That is why they killed boko haram leader.They should have extracted valuable information from him when he was caught rather than just shooting and killing him. Now, they are on the loose again.

You re dem right my Brother.
Nigerians still lack a lot. Reason why USA has not or ll not killed abdulmutallab is that dey will keep-on gettin more n more info. from him about other attack by the al-Qaida  and how dey can stop them.
Nigeria Kill that Boko haram man and forget he has alot with him and most have trained alot of People.  (I pity 2011) If you ask me, i ll say Death penalty should not be the judgment for such offense.
Re: Suspected Boko Haram Militants Strike Again by victorazy(m): 1:51pm On Sep 23, 2010
bolanleodu:

Why cant we just nuke those confirmed fundamentalist regime of the north. It should save us stress and money since some silly northern government are wasting our money funding these terrorist.

I wonder if terrorism is part of Holly Quran's dispensation.
Re: Suspected Boko Haram Militants Strike Again by Nobody: 1:58pm On Sep 23, 2010
wtf
Re: Suspected Boko Haram Militants Strike Again by Parnassuss(m): 2:00pm On Sep 23, 2010
bolanleodu:

Why cant we just nuke those confirmed fundamentalist regime of the north. It should save us stress and money since some silly northern government are wasting our money funding these terrorist.
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed Hope thats a joke. First tin is we no get nukes, second that idea just wrong man.

chamber2:

Boko haraam and kidnapers which is better?

Y not also declare death penalty against d so called boko haram sect

The two are horrible and wrong. They both deserve capital punishment, but who fit catch let alone finish them?

9janews:

The leadership has failed to address these issues earlier

Na there the bus park. Our leaders have messed us up too much. The recommendations from sensible ppl are never followed thats why we are always in one slump or the other.
Re: Suspected Boko Haram Militants Strike Again by btlasisi(m): 2:10pm On Sep 23, 2010
@victorazy
I wonder if terrorism is part of Holly Quran's dispensation.

I think your comment is out of way. Can we attribute the kidnappings in the east and south to Christianity or bible teaching since perpetrators are predominantly Christians.
Re: Suspected Boko Haram Militants Strike Again by bisiaet: 2:14pm On Sep 23, 2010
Plssssssss govt. of Nja arise to the call wipe this sect out once and for all. Take them off street for a very very long time either given any one catch as a memeber life inprisonment of death setence because bit bit by these guys will one day grow out of hand and wreck havoc pls act before is too late.
Re: Suspected Boko Haram Militants Strike Again by maileby(m): 2:15pm On Sep 23, 2010
VALIDATOR:

Good comment. Spot on!
Re: Suspected Boko Haram Militants Strike Again by victorazy(m): 2:20pm On Sep 23, 2010
btlasisi:

@victorazy
I think your comment is out of way. Can we attribute the kidnappings in the east and south to Christianity or bible teaching since perpetrators are predominantly Christians.

Truth shhaa, sorry
Re: Suspected Boko Haram Militants Strike Again by Beaf: 2:22pm On Sep 23, 2010
Politicians are using Boko Haram the same way they cause riots with almajiri's.
Re: Suspected Boko Haram Militants Strike Again by monkeyleg: 2:27pm On Sep 23, 2010
@Beaf,

Where is your uncle GJ? he is busy globetrotting with over 120 delegates. Spending our money carelessly as usual. Not ready to take decisive steps on major issues like this.
Re: Suspected Boko Haram Militants Strike Again by Beaf: 2:30pm On Sep 23, 2010
monkeyleg:

@Beaf,

Where is your uncle GJ? he is busy globetrotting with over 120 delegates. Spending our money carelessly as usual. Not ready to take decisive steps on major issues like this.

I will appreciate it if you do not reference me before you make an utterly foolish post. Thank you.
Re: Suspected Boko Haram Militants Strike Again by monkeyleg: 2:33pm On Sep 23, 2010
@Beaf,

But why, after all your beloved uncle is in charge, right? We have suspected Millitancy in the North, but he is busy traveling to the US with 120 delegates, as usual showing how weak he is.

The man does not have a clue, and you are shamelessly blindly following him, but I forgot, he is your towns man
Re: Suspected Boko Haram Militants Strike Again by HamidO1(m): 2:39pm On Sep 23, 2010
dobodobo:

embarassed    embarassed    embarassed   I wish I'm militant

your wish has just bin granted,  wat nxt I guess u wish u were satan also>> mumu
Re: Suspected Boko Haram Militants Strike Again by Beaf: 2:43pm On Sep 23, 2010
monkeyleg:

@Beaf,

But why, after all your beloved uncle is in charge, right? We have suspected Millitancy in the North, but he is busy traveling to the US with 120 delegates, as usual showing how weak he is.

The man does not have a clue, and you are shamelessly blindly following him, but I forgot, he is your towns man

Its a pity you are so daft that you want to derail the thread. So because there is Boko Haram, Jonathan should shirk UN engagements? Some people talk through their arses!
As for your claim that GEJ is my townsman, we aren't even from the same state, neither the same ethnic group. Why should a grown man like yourself stoop so low to tell lies shamelessly? shocked
Re: Suspected Boko Haram Militants Strike Again by HamidO1(m): 2:48pm On Sep 23, 2010
monkeyleg:

@Beaf,

na by force person say mak u leave am alone, I guess u r 1 of those IBB supporters dat think u can associate GJ with negative tins wen ur own uncle "IBB" eats, drinks n breathe negativity. LEAVE PRESIDENT GJ ouut of this b4 I >>>>
Re: Suspected Boko Haram Militants Strike Again by monkeyleg: 2:52pm On Sep 23, 2010
@Beaf,

The state of a country can really tell you what a leader is like. This is not the first time we have had such an incident, what does ne plan to do? Jonathan is clueless, Just like you, blindly led, and dont worry I will not make you happy by insulting you like you do, I will deal with the issue as I see it.

The man is not worthy of being the president, let him go and rest
Re: Suspected Boko Haram Militants Strike Again by HamidO1(m): 2:58pm On Sep 23, 2010
monkeyleg:

@Beaf,

The state of a country can really tell you what a leader is like. This is not the first time we have had such an incident, what does ne plan to do? Jonathan is clueless, Just like you, blindly led, and dont worry I will not make you happy by insulting you like you do, I will deal with the issue as I see it.

The man is not worthy of being the president, let him go and rest

blab. blab, blab, Even PDP zoning can't stop GJ. I'll advice u too silently jump into d lagoon>>> HATER
Re: Suspected Boko Haram Militants Strike Again by btlasisi(m): 3:01pm On Sep 23, 2010
Policing in Nigeria is a nightmare.  The same police that could not use their police intelligence to have fore knowledge of the attack was very quick to conclude it was Boko Haram.

Do police thinks Nigerians can not use their number 6.

I can understand why the quick judgement since there are lot of unresolved investigations in to high profile killings in the past. So it has to be hung on any known terrorist groups.
Re: Suspected Boko Haram Militants Strike Again by Tcrack(m): 3:13pm On Sep 23, 2010
btlasisi:

The killing could have been politically motivated since BokoHaram name would just sound too good as an envelope to cover up the true motives and true identity of killers.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

“HAND OF GOD” Prevents Rocket From Striking Israel / 'Campaign Against Violence In Elections' Rally To Hold In Oyo March 21st / See What A Lady What Wearing On The Streets Of Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.