Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,296 members, 7,954,180 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 01:45 PM

Investors Lose N140.86 Billion As Nigerian Stock Market Continues Tanking - Investment (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Investors Lose N140.86 Billion As Nigerian Stock Market Continues Tanking (7292 Views)

Bloodbath: 185,450 Crypto Investors Lose All Their Funds As Bitcoin Drops To $38 / Election Result: Nigerian Stock Market Loses N85 Billion In 6 Hours / Investors Lose $190m As Owner Of Cryptocurrency Company Dies With Passwords (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Investors Lose N140.86 Billion As Nigerian Stock Market Continues Tanking by Dukeolumidemans(m): 7:13am On May 16, 2019
Lots of cash gone down the drain...that's why I've chosen to invest outside Nigeria. And it's paying off already. Some people will never learn to trust their instinct...
Re: Investors Lose N140.86 Billion As Nigerian Stock Market Continues Tanking by frowland(m): 7:34am On May 16, 2019
Sorry, does everyone actually lose in stock market? I thought someone makes profits, the other makes loss. As I am selling off my stocks at lower price, someone is gaining by buying cheaper. What am I missing?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Investors Lose N140.86 Billion As Nigerian Stock Market Continues Tanking by Keywordconcept(m): 7:53am On May 16, 2019
frowland:
Sorry, does everyone actually lose in stock market? I thought someone makes profits, the other makes loss. As I am selling off my stocks at lower price, someone is gaining by buying cheaper. What am I missing?

The person is buying and waiting for a market rebound. It's all risks.

Speculations everywhere.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Investors Lose N140.86 Billion As Nigerian Stock Market Continues Tanking by HeliosHay(m): 8:02am On May 16, 2019
MyVc:
The Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE) opens the week tradings' on a  bearish note. The All Share-Index (ASI) declined by 1.26% to close at 28,484.44 basis points. Year-to-Date the ASI was down by 9.37%. 

The equity market capitalization closed at N10.701 trillion in contrast to N10.842 trillion recorded last week Friday. The market breadth closed with 11 gainers and 30 losers. Okomu Oil led the gainers' chart while NEM Insurance Plc led the top losers' chart. 

United Capital Plc was the most traded stock by volume. The stock sold 41.2 million units of its shares valued at N289.1 million. Guaranty Trust Bank was the most traded stock by volume. The company sold 37.9 million shares valued at N1.1 billion.

UBA sold 15.9 million units worth N96.8 million. Sterling Bank transacted 13 million units valued at N34.4 million. Transnational corporations of Nigeria ranked in 12.2 million units valued at N14.2 million.

Okomu Oil Palm Company Plc was the best-performed stock for the day. The stock appreciated by 10% to close at N77. Neimeth International Pharmaceuticals plc also appreciated by 10% to close at 55 Kobo.

AG Leventis Nigeria Plc was up by 8.33% to close at 26 Kobo. Africa Prudential Plc appreciated by 7.91% to close at N3.82. Japaul Oil completes the top five gainers for the day. The stock increased by 7.69% to close at 28 Kobo.

NEM Insurance Plc was the worst performed stock for the day. The stock shed 10% to close at N2.25. Chams Plc also depreciated by 10% to close at 36 Kobo. United Capital Plc was down by 9.37% to close at N2.32.

Goldlink Insurance Plc declined by 8.70% to close at 21 Kobo. Jaiz Bank Plc rounds up the top five losers chart. The stock went down by 8% to close at 46 Kobo. 

Source: : https://businesshournigeria.com/investors-lose-n…ontinues-tanking/.

Invest when there's blood on the streets...this is probably the best time to start picking up stocks at a discount.

Be greedy when everyone is fearful and fearful when everyone and their dog is buying stocks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Investors Lose N140.86 Billion As Nigerian Stock Market Continues Tanking by frowland(m): 8:07am On May 16, 2019
Keywordconcept:

The person is buying and waiting for a market rebound. It's all risks.

Speculations everywhere.

Everyone never loses in that market at the same time. As someone is loosing, so is another gaining.
I buy a stock at #15, due to speculations I sold at #10 (my loss) not everyone's loss.
Someone buys a stock for #10, and sold for #15, its his gain, not everyone's gain.
In that market, the term loss is not particularly so.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Investors Lose N140.86 Billion As Nigerian Stock Market Continues Tanking by Nobody: 8:18am On May 16, 2019
arsenalman:

Haba! Half is too much na. You should be talking 0ne tenth. Even crypto market cap is bigger than NSE.
I have seen over 30% gain in 1 week alone in crypto and NSE is there shiting its pants.

Which coins did you invest in? Ethereum or Litecoin or Ripple? I have abandoned the crypto space for a while.

1 Like

Re: Investors Lose N140.86 Billion As Nigerian Stock Market Continues Tanking by Nobody: 9:06am On May 16, 2019
philcz:
God airpus in this country, what investment can someone make with $50 dollars?

Contact Me On My Signature
Re: Investors Lose N140.86 Billion As Nigerian Stock Market Continues Tanking by osuofia2(m): 9:12am On May 16, 2019
expert234:
I'm certain that the dirty dog with ugly rat face in the picture below will blame Jonathan for this. That's how idiotic the fool is.
oga na who be this for picture?
Re: Investors Lose N140.86 Billion As Nigerian Stock Market Continues Tanking by kirchofff(m): 9:42am On May 16, 2019
arsenalman:

Haba! Half is too much na. You should be talking 0ne tenth. Even crypto market cap is bigger than NSE.
I have seen over 30% gain in 1 week alone in crypto and NSE is there shiting its pants.
Hello man, do you know any crypto group you can recommend me to join?
Re: Investors Lose N140.86 Billion As Nigerian Stock Market Continues Tanking by Nobody: 10:07am On May 16, 2019
The people who still believe in the Nigeria stock market with their hard earned money are the real patriots
Re: Investors Lose N140.86 Billion As Nigerian Stock Market Continues Tanking by debaj10: 10:14am On May 16, 2019
frowland:

Everyone never loses in that market at the same time. As someone is loosing, so is another gaining.
I buy a stock at #15, due to speculations I sold at #10 (my loss) not everyone's loss.
Someone buys a stock for #10, and sold for #15, its his gain, not everyone's gain.
In that market, the term loss is not particularly so.
ur last statement is utterly wrong.

d ase has lost over 9% of it's value since Jan 1st.

that's real money lost by investors.

pls b guided in ur statements.

tnx
Re: Investors Lose N140.86 Billion As Nigerian Stock Market Continues Tanking by philcz(m): 10:27am On May 16, 2019
revived43:

Contact Me On My Signature
ok
Re: Investors Lose N140.86 Billion As Nigerian Stock Market Continues Tanking by walexy14(m): 8:47pm On May 17, 2019
Rosabon Asset Backed Note

The Rosabon Asset Backed Note, RABAN is a project finance product designed to give investors an agreed sum for a period based on collateralized cash flows from a specified pool of underlying assets.

This product lets you earn higher returns than what is obtainable in the money market with a written agreement to pay back the Placement on installment basis.

Asides generating an attractive rate of interest on a monthly basis, your funds will be paid promptly into your account through a direct debit order from our bank in line with the agreed installments.

Benefits
Steps to open an account
Highly competitive interest rate compared to other money market instruments
Interest rates on deposits over ₦5,000,000 for individual account while ₦10,000,000 for corporate account can be negotiated.
Freedom of entry and exit.
Higher tenor attracts higher interest rate.

(1) (2) (Reply)

4 Bedroom Semi-detached Duplex / Investment: Bank Shares Or A Plot Of Land? / When A Share Is On Steady Decline, What To Do?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.