Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,723 members, 7,824,052 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:22 PM

You Have The Right To Search A Policeman Before He Searches You — NPF - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / You Have The Right To Search A Policeman Before He Searches You — NPF (21815 Views)

The Moment A Policeman Chased Nnamdi Kanu's Supporter Away From Abuja Court / Nnamdi Kanu Posing & Smiling With A Policeman In Throwback Photo / Gunmen Behead A Policeman In Rivers, Burn 2 Patrol Vehicles, Destroy Checkpoints (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: You Have The Right To Search A Policeman Before He Searches You — NPF by mactoni91(m): 7:57pm On May 13, 2019
Re: You Have The Right To Search A Policeman Before He Searches You — NPF by ishawlar: 7:59pm On May 13, 2019
Search police 4here in naija? Police come nd search my fone nd i go search ur own too
Re: You Have The Right To Search A Policeman Before He Searches You — NPF by Reelmii: 8:01pm On May 13, 2019
hmmmmm

Nigerian police are comedians
Re: You Have The Right To Search A Policeman Before He Searches You — NPF by jaxxy(m): 8:02pm On May 13, 2019
The police shud also be respectful not Ony citizens and there are too many ambiguous conditional clauses that can cause further confusion.
Re: You Have The Right To Search A Policeman Before He Searches You — NPF by Xano(m): 8:05pm On May 13, 2019
I had to reread the statement.

This has to be a joke

1 Like

Re: You Have The Right To Search A Policeman Before He Searches You — NPF by kingjrofficial(m): 8:05pm On May 13, 2019

Is this a setup or what?
So I can search a Sars Operatives before the search me?
Nigeria and useless statement angry
Re: You Have The Right To Search A Policeman Before He Searches You — NPF by Kcuf: 8:06pm On May 13, 2019
imagine me searching this ones

1 Like

Re: You Have The Right To Search A Policeman Before He Searches You — NPF by EzeVals90: 8:06pm On May 13, 2019
One of the 1000 ways to die in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: You Have The Right To Search A Policeman Before He Searches You — NPF by Nobody: 8:07pm On May 13, 2019
grin
Re: You Have The Right To Search A Policeman Before He Searches You — NPF by Damiakande: 8:08pm On May 13, 2019
Pls don't try it oooo shocked shocked shocked
Re: You Have The Right To Search A Policeman Before He Searches You — NPF by Nobody: 8:08pm On May 13, 2019
cheesy
EzeVals90:
One of the 1000 ways to die in Nigeria.
Re: You Have The Right To Search A Policeman Before He Searches You — NPF by Nobody: 8:08pm On May 13, 2019
kingjrofficial:

Is this a setup or what?
So I can search a Sars Operatives before the search me?
Nigeria and useless statement angry
Have your trigger-obsessed officers been informed of this latest development or is this just a depopulation strategy?
Re: You Have The Right To Search A Policeman Before He Searches You — NPF by israelmao(m): 8:09pm On May 13, 2019
Searching Nigerian policeman is like searching for accidental discharge with your own hand or implicating yourself for more charges against you.
Re: You Have The Right To Search A Policeman Before He Searches You — NPF by HomeOfMe(f): 8:14pm On May 13, 2019
It's a trap. I won't fall for it
Re: You Have The Right To Search A Policeman Before He Searches You — NPF by Wanity(m): 8:18pm On May 13, 2019
JasonScoolari:
Most Nigerians will abuse this privilege and want to show their egoistic behaviour when they come across a police officer.

Kudos to the Nigeria Police and especially Frank Mba.

This one look like a foreigner

2 Likes

Re: You Have The Right To Search A Policeman Before He Searches You — NPF by Badgers14: 8:18pm On May 13, 2019
Yeah.. just like they said bail is free cheesy grin
Re: You Have The Right To Search A Policeman Before He Searches You — NPF by hamrof(m): 8:21pm On May 13, 2019
make an attempt to search NPF and received your death warrant...awọn olosi..

1 Like

Re: You Have The Right To Search A Policeman Before He Searches You — NPF by Kkings11: 8:32pm On May 13, 2019
Una dey here wey dem talk am oh just incase dey call for witness

Oya where dey that fine slay police woman Dolapo Badmus make she come make I first start with her
Re: You Have The Right To Search A Policeman Before He Searches You — NPF by GoldHorse(m): 8:39pm On May 13, 2019
grin grin grin grin grin Me?! Search Police?! cheesy cheesy cheesy
See the last person that tried it....

1 Like

Re: You Have The Right To Search A Policeman Before He Searches You — NPF by valentineuwakwe(m): 8:45pm On May 13, 2019
i disagree with this o..the moment you open your mouth to ask policemen anything when they stop you or come for arrest, you will see 7 stars in your eyes. ....plus thunderous slap...lol...policeman ko, search am ni!
Re: You Have The Right To Search A Policeman Before He Searches You — NPF by bukatyne(f): 8:46pm On May 13, 2019
Kcuf:
imagine me searching this ones

They look like armed robbers or assassins.
Re: You Have The Right To Search A Policeman Before He Searches You — NPF by bukatyne(f): 8:47pm On May 13, 2019
HomeOfMe:
It's a trap. I won't fall for it

Hahahahaha
Re: You Have The Right To Search A Policeman Before He Searches You — NPF by bukatyne(f): 8:48pm On May 13, 2019
Ritzy10:
The Nigeria Police Force says Nigerians have the right to search its men in select circumstances.

The Force Public Relations Officer, Frank Mba, said this in a statement on Monday title0d, ‘(Part 2) Tips For Safe And Cordial Conduct During An Arrest.’ The Police said if an officer is about to search a citizen or a property, that citizen has the right to first search the policeman in order to ensure that no evidence is planted.

According to the NPF, Nigerians also have the right to demand to know the reason for their arrest whenever an arrest is about to be made.The Force spokesman further stated that in some instances, Nigerians have the right to demand that an arrest warrant is presented before allowing themselves to be apprehended.

The statement reads in part, “You may politely request that the officer be searched before searching you. Often times, this helps to allay fears that someone may be trying to plant incriminating items on you or implicate you in any other way. “Demand to see the warrant of arrest where necessary (note, however, that not all invitation/arrest requires a warrant). As a matter of fact, under our laws, the Police have wide powers to arrest without warrant in many circumstances.

“Politely request that the officers allow you inform a trusted friend or a family member or a lawyer soon after your arrest in order to avoid unnecessary apprehension as to your whereabouts or safety. “If the arrest requires the officer to conduct a search on you, demand to see the Search Warrant and comply with all legitimate instruction during the search (note that there are a lot of instances where a policeman can search you with or without warrant).” The Force called on Nigerians never to resist arrest, even if it seems unjustified.

It also counselled Nigerians to never interfere in the arrest of a third party.

According to the statement, the Police may ask one to perform some tests such as walking in a straight line if a person is pulled over on suspicion of being drunk or high on drugs.

A Nigerian also has the right to decline writing a statement upon arrest

https://punchng.com/you-have-the-right-to-search-a-policeman-before-he-searches-you-npf/amp/

Hmmmmmmm

Too much American Magic.
Re: You Have The Right To Search A Policeman Before He Searches You — NPF by zoedew: 8:58pm On May 13, 2019
Classic double-speak! Yet the same Nigeria Police advices that you do not resist arrest!
Re: You Have The Right To Search A Policeman Before He Searches You — NPF by Queenboy123(m): 9:08pm On May 13, 2019
Make una no try am oo
Re: You Have The Right To Search A Policeman Before He Searches You — NPF by whitenzeji: 9:10pm On May 13, 2019
Ritzy10:
The Nigeria Police Force says Nigerians have the right to search its men in select circumstances.

The Force Public Relations Officer, Frank Mba, said this in a statement on Monday title0d, ‘(Part 2) Tips For Safe And Cordial Conduct During An Arrest.’ The Police said if an officer is about to search a citizen or a property, that citizen has the right to first search the policeman in order to ensure that no evidence is planted.

According to the NPF, Nigerians also have the right to demand to know the reason for their arrest whenever an arrest is about to be made.The Force spokesman further stated that in some instances, Nigerians have the right to demand that an arrest warrant is presented before allowing themselves to be apprehended.

The statement reads in part, “You may politely request that the officer be searched before searching you. Often times, this helps to allay fears that someone may be trying to plant incriminating items on you or implicate you in any other way. “Demand to see the warrant of arrest where necessary (note, however, that not all invitation/arrest requires a warrant). As a matter of fact, under our laws, the Police have wide powers to arrest without warrant in many circumstances.

“Politely request that the officers allow you inform a trusted friend or a family member or a lawyer soon after your arrest in order to avoid unnecessary apprehension as to your whereabouts or safety. “If the arrest requires the officer to conduct a search on you, demand to see the Search Warrant and comply with all legitimate instruction during the search (note that there are a lot of instances where a policeman can search you with or without warrant).” The Force called on Nigerians never to resist arrest, even if it seems unjustified.

According to the statement, the Police may ask one to perform some tests such as walking in a straight line if a person is pulled over on suspicion of being drunk or high on drugs.

https://punchng.com/you-have-the-right-to-search-a-policeman-before-he-searches-you-npf/amp/
valentineuwakwe:
i disagree with this o..the moment you open your mouth to ask policemen anything when they stop you or come for arrest, you will see 7 stars in your eyes. ....plus thunderous slap...lol...policeman ko, search am ni!
Ritzy10:

Re: You Have The Right To Search A Policeman Before He Searches You — NPF by whitenzeji: 9:16pm On May 13, 2019
pls don't try to search a policeman. It may be dangerous. You may be a victim of accidental discharge.
Re: You Have The Right To Search A Policeman Before He Searches You — NPF by greenthangz: 9:26pm On May 13, 2019
Common to say make i write my own statement for station police wan kill me how much more say i wan search policeman please dear Nigerians ignore what this man is saying for your own good
Re: You Have The Right To Search A Policeman Before He Searches You — NPF by Awoleesu(m): 9:30pm On May 13, 2019
Sorry Mr. Police image maker, but the antecedents of your men has lead to a grave level of public distrust in the NPF...

Perhaps a better way to get the police image right will be to reform your men and officers first.

This is what the good book calls "... Seeking whom to devour"!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

'your Video Evidence Is Empty' - Buhari, INEC, Others Tell PDP / APC Primary: Tinubu Douses Political Tension In Ondo / Lagos State Government Reaches Agreement With E-hailing Ride Stakeholders.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.