Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,846 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:03 PM

Is It True That Sauce Kid Said He's Better Than Nas And Big L - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Is It True That Sauce Kid Said He's Better Than Nas And Big L (2379 Views)

Nas And Nelly In Nigeria / Nas And Jay-z Mason's Theory Interesting Read / Sauce Kid Finally Bows To Modenine! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It True That Sauce Kid Said He's Better Than Nas And Big L by bkbabe97y(m): 6:46am On Sep 23, 2010
I just read that wack, smelly-looking rapper compared himself to Big L and Nas;I'm heated!

Nas? Big L? kid, wut the hell is u sniffing on? Maybe u need to listen to the track below to juggle your senses a lil bit!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9VjmK7_b9Q
Re: Is It True That Sauce Kid Said He's Better Than Nas And Big L by CLASSIFYD(m): 9:26am On Sep 23, 2010
smelly-looking?? Huh. . .neva heard dat 1 b4.
Every rappa is cocky! Wt was he going to say again?
'nas is beta dan me'??
'i'm not a very good rappa'??
'i'm a disgrace to hiphop'??
Re: Is It True That Sauce Kid Said He's Better Than Nas And Big L by hustlemine: 10:06am On Sep 23, 2010
sauce kid dey gud but mk he no go there
Re: Is It True That Sauce Kid Said He's Better Than Nas And Big L by tosinaded(m): 10:16am On Sep 23, 2010
When no be say em dey mad!
The only time he said a thing abt nas on twitter was he said, Nas is sounding dry of recent compared to Jayz,and that he fuccs wiv tyga over Nas!

Poster are u high on weed fermented wiv urine?
Re: Is It True That Sauce Kid Said He's Better Than Nas And Big L by bjmighty(m): 11:45am On Sep 23, 2010
Tosin, where u con dey since? grin grin grin
Well, did he not say he was better than Cassidy (The battle freestyler shocked) and even dissed him in a couple of his freestyle then brandishing his american passport as if Cassidy was a Liberian citizen tongue tongue?? Its on youtube.
Re: Is It True That Sauce Kid Said He's Better Than Nas And Big L by Mobinga: 12:03pm On Sep 23, 2010
Yes oh. . . He said it. . . I have a screenshot of his twitter page when he wrote that thrash. . . Saved on my desktop
Re: Is It True That Sauce Kid Said He's Better Than Nas And Big L by eldee(m): 12:12pm On Sep 23, 2010
Truth be told, Saucekid just made his opinions known about a subject most of us have discussed here and there.
He's not the first to say Nas has been consistently mediocre, Sauron has said it before, I've said it before . . .

The problem here is, he's a rapper . . . funnily one of the most popular in Nigeria, so his opinions count for sumn, he owes the general public a duty to phrase his opinions in a way that doesn't appear highly offensive to a huge section of Nigerian hiphop fans.

Now M.I made a comment on that same topic once but he said it as, paraphrased . . . 'Much respect to Nas, but I don't think he's on the same level with Jay-Z'. Now this is the same thing Saucekid said, but in a poorly-arranged combination of words.

With power comes responsibility, Saucekid just needs a team of advisers to explain how easy it is not to lose both the power and the responsibility.
At the end of the day though . . .'if nobody talks about you, then you're nobody'.
Re: Is It True That Sauce Kid Said He's Better Than Nas And Big L by Mobinga: 12:16pm On Sep 23, 2010
^^^ @Eldee +1
Re: Is It True That Sauce Kid Said He's Better Than Nas And Big L by bkbabe97y(m): 8:52pm On Sep 23, 2010
tosinaded@:

When no be say em dey mad!
The only time he said a thing abt nas on twitter was he said, Nas is sounding dry of recent compared to Jayz,and that he fuccs wiv tyga over Nas!

Poster are u high on weed fermented wiv urine?

Ah, Saucekid's boyfriend. . . . . I knew u'd show up!
Re: Is It True That Sauce Kid Said He's Better Than Nas And Big L by hax: 10:00pm On Sep 23, 2010
This really needs a new topic, but I'll just do this here.

Eldee, I'm tired of seeing this stuff and overlooking it, but how have Nas' last few albums been 'mediocre'?

Distant Relatives
Untitled
Hip Hop Is Dead
Street's Disciple

Of the four, there's only one you can say comes close to average-below average, and it's Street's Disciple. And before that, the only one below average is Nastradamus.

Is it because he's dropped Illmatic, Stillmatic and IWW that we're allowed to compare his recent stuff to his old stuff?

I don't see anyone saying 'BP3 was wack because it's not like Reasonable Doubt' or 'Recovery is no MMLP'.

Cut him some slack. If you look past the production on Hip Hop Is Dead, you'll see that it's a wonderful album. And it's not like the production is bad.

The only discography I'd rate as good as Nas' is Jay's.

1 Like

Re: Is It True That Sauce Kid Said He's Better Than Nas And Big L by Ibime(m): 1:42am On Sep 24, 2010
Anybody that says he's better than Big L should be shot. When Big L was tongue twisting with multies metaphors and similies and the most delicious punchlines back in 1994, most rappers were still just learning to put multis together. Big L was way ahead of his time, like Big Daddy Kane in 88.

Likewise when Nas was spitting the most delicious multis and topicals in 1993, most rappers still had that Naughty By Nature OPP flow.

As far as I'm concerned I won't argue with anyone who says Big L is the GOAT even though I consider others equally highly.

I also rate Sinzu but he should refrain from talking out of turn about guys like Big L unless he's missing some HipHop education.
Re: Is It True That Sauce Kid Said He's Better Than Nas And Big L by Genuflect(m): 3:38am On Sep 24, 2010
Of course he's better than Nas and Big L. Haven't you heard Sinzu is Sinzu?? Better than 'It Ain't Hard To Tell' IMO. grin grin
Re: Is It True That Sauce Kid Said He's Better Than Nas And Big L by eldee(m): 7:36pm On Sep 24, 2010
@hax

This should really get another thread . . . when people say Nas has been mediocre, it's simple . . .
Come on . . . Street's Disciple was undeniably B.S, HHID had 2-3 good songs and an unbelievable amount of forgettable album fillers, no real direction and Untitled was errrm and Distant Relatives is really sick . . .
Re: Is It True That Sauce Kid Said He's Better Than Nas And Big L by bjmighty(m): 1:51pm On Sep 28, 2010
eldee:

@hax

This should really get another thread . . . when people say Nas has been mediocre, it's simple . . .
Come on . . . Street's Disciple was undeniably B.S, HHID had 2-3 good songs and an unbelievable amount of forgettable album fillers, no real direction and Untitled was errrm and Distant Relatives is really sick . . .

What can fa ke? Only god know wetin do u abi wetin do ur brain these days. I just read one thread wey u dey talk like say u no well at all. Id Street Disciple no work for u, who tell u say e no work for anoda man Street desciple wey me i dey use do National Anthem. Guy switch to juju abeg, u no sabi poo about hip or hop.

1 Like

Re: Is It True That Sauce Kid Said He's Better Than Nas And Big L by Bamsyle2(m): 2:17pm On Sep 28, 2010
bjmighty:

What can fa ke? Only god know wetin do u abi wetin do your brain these days. I just read one thread wey u dey talk like say u no well at all. Id Street Disciple no work for u, who tell u say e no work for anoda man Street desciple wey me i dey use do National Anthem. Guy switch to juju abeg, u no sabi poo about hip or hop.

grin grin grin grin

Really I dunno the grouse some peops have with Nas these days . . . like Hax noted, it's prolly cos they keep comparing his latter stuff to earlier releases like "Illmatic" and "Stillmatic" . . . all his other albums may not be as good as those two, but if reviewed in isolation, they're much better than a lot of critically acclaimed albums these days . . .

From "It Was Written", to "God's Son", "Untitled", "HHID", "Distant Relatives", etc - they're all cool to me . . . peops prolly got tired of him and it ain't strange . . . Nas has not changed his style over the years . . . he also doesn't experiment (like Jay-Z did with Linkin Park, etc).

And I agree that "Street's Disciple" is the only album that can be considered average, but it spun good tracks like "Thief's Theme" and "Just A Moment".
Re: Is It True That Sauce Kid Said He's Better Than Nas And Big L by poweredcom(m): 11:47pm On Sep 29, 2010
Hahah Nobdy even know saucekid in the league of Rappers in d world, how can they compre him with A legend Like Nas

shoe get size.hahah make me laff sauce kid who even posted this topic , shold know how to post gud sensitive topic, fear no dey catch una , sef, na waoo pikin no gree rexpect papa again

Nas -"Money Over Bullshit"

Join me in war, many will live, many will mourn
(Money Over Bullshit), pistols over brawn
Afraid not of none of you cowards but of my own strength
Afraid not of none of you cowards but of my own strength

[Verse 2: Nas]
Got seven candles lit, black wallpaper, black carpet
Thinkin' about which nigga to target
You kill a nigga today, he lives forever
So I plotted out smarter, there'll be no Martyrs
Black Tec on the table, Mag .44
Black negligee on my bitch, she's at the door
Black fish eggs, nigga, that's the caviar
You niggaz fish-made, y'all niggaz is fifth grade
Niggaz, it's fifty ways to disect the General
If I give ya the top five, you will not survive
Rule 1: RoosterDrinker, keep my name from your tongue
Rule 2: thought ya knew don't Bleep with God's Son
Rule 3: see, matter fact, I just wait
If y'all reach top five, then I'ma eat y'all alive
Each one of you guys that claim Hip-Hop is still alive
Like y'all ain't in agreement wit Nas
That shit is dead motha'fucka, it's dead bitch
AMONGS US
HIPHOP IS TRULY DEAD, BY SOME CATS FUKING THE GAME THOSE OLODO ONEZ

1 Like

Re: Is It True That Sauce Kid Said He's Better Than Nas And Big L by Ibime(m): 12:50am On Sep 30, 2010
Nas problem is beats. Niggas like Eldee can't stomach the Nas vibe. Too used to Kanye West cherry pop. As for me, I prefer 1990's Nas cos his choice of beats really suited his delivery back then.
Re: Is It True That Sauce Kid Said He's Better Than Nas And Big L by chamotex(m): 12:56am On Sep 30, 2010
Saucekid no go wan carry cow jump fence now.
Re: Is It True That Sauce Kid Said He's Better Than Nas And Big L by bjmighty(m): 3:24am On Sep 30, 2010
chamotex:

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Is It True That Sauce Kid Said He's Better Than Nas And Big L by Mobinga: 5:22am On Sep 30, 2010
chamotex:

grin grin grin grin
Re: Is It True That Sauce Kid Said He's Better Than Nas And Big L by eldee(m): 11:35am On Sep 30, 2010
Ibime:

Nas problem is beats. Niggas like Eldee can't stomach the Nas vibe. Too used to Kanye West cherry pop. As for me, I prefer 1990's Nas cos his choice of beats really suited his delivery back then.

I was the biggest fan of Nas just a couple of years ago . . . go check the old threads.
As you noted, his delivery was so 90s and he tried to force it on the modern synth beats.

And his stories got played out because take it or leave it, not living in the hood finally catches up with you.
Then his poor attempts at commercial success too just made him look stupid . . . the whole N.I.G.G.E.R controversy, his subject matters became more and more shock value ridden, his delivery was not up to par with the rest of the industry.

This doesn't in anyway mean Nas got crap, it just means he lost whatever made him different from other rappers in my eyes.

Bamsyle.:

Peops prolly got tired of him and it ain't strange . . . Nas has not changed his style over the years . . . he also doesn't experiment (like Jay-Z did with Linkin Park, etc).

You think Nas has not attempted to experiment?? Nas has tried more times than humanly possible to get a sick subject matter/persona. From fly on the wall observer to gangster to Escobar to sweet guy that loves all his enemies to hood philosopher to grumpy old man who can't adapt to the present to his latest Amnesty International's rap ambassador.

Listen to Too Many Rappers, and what do you call Make The World Go Round?? You do know he toured with a rock band too?? And now he's touring with a Marley . . .dude, Nas has had his own fair share of experiments.
Re: Is It True That Sauce Kid Said He's Better Than Nas And Big L by Bamsyle2(m): 3:34pm On Sep 30, 2010
eldee:

You think Nas has not attempted to experiment?? Nas has tried more times than humanly possible to get a sick subject matter/persona. From fly on the wall observer to gangster to Escobar to sweet guy that loves all his enemies to hood philosopher to grumpy old man who can't adapt to the present to his latest Amnesty International's rap ambassador.

Listen to Too Many Rappers, and what do you call Make The World Go Round?? You do know he toured with a rock band too?? And now he's touring with a Marley . . .dude, Nas has had his own fair share of experiments.

If "Make The World Go Round" is what you mean by 'experimenting', then every rapper has experimented at one time or the other . . . "Too Many Rappers" is close but did it garner recognition like "Collision Course"??

Can you compare any of the tracks with a "Numb Encore" or even "Forever Young"?? Are you forgetting "Best of Both Worlds"?? His experiment with Fela?? Can't even list the number of artistes he's featured and shows headlined/tours embarked upon . . . I agree with the Marley one but when was that?? 2010 innit?? Maybe it's an issue of style but Nas can't do the crossover thingy like Jay-Z.

Nas just loves to do his thang . . . you can label him as rigid but I'm still very cool with his sound . . . keeps one sane amidst all the garbage that goons like Flo-Rida are spittin'.
Re: Is It True That Sauce Kid Said He's Better Than Nas And Big L by favouredjb(f): 3:53pm On Sep 30, 2010
@chamotex,lmfao
Re: Is It True That Sauce Kid Said He's Better Than Nas And Big L by bgees(m): 12:52am On Oct 01, 2010
@hax,

Nastradamus is not a below average album. It was a great album ,was a dark album, perhaps too dark for many. That said, Nas has never put out a below  average album. The subject matter and beats seem to be his problem. I dont know but Nas must have a problem, Illmatic- the greatest rap album ever made did not do well in terms of sales at that time too.

and Lost Tapes 2 is coming out this December. Remember Lost Tapes was a classic too.
Re: Is It True That Sauce Kid Said He's Better Than Nas And Big L by revomind(m): 10:47am On Oct 01, 2010
With regard to M.I's statement that Nas is not on Jay's level, I'd like to say that people should be more specific on these kinda issues to help stem confusion. There's a problem when even the person that said this sounds confused.{ M.I; I do not blame him, he's a one-eyed man in the land of the blind}

As far as quality of music is concerned, Jay-Z is not on a higher level than Nas. I'll leave this at that.

If M.I had based his opinion on sales {a possibility since Jay traditionally sells more}, then he should feel free to add Lil Wayne, T.I, Kanye, Eminem, 50 cent as superiors to Nas. Based on sales, Kanye and Jigga are equals and Em superior.

@eldee, you are definitely in a minority if you insist all nas' recent albums are mediocre. Mediocre in what sense? Nastradamus is the only average nas album i can point out. The rest are surely above average.
Re: Is It True That Sauce Kid Said He's Better Than Nas And Big L by revomind(m): 10:47am On Oct 01, 2010
With regard to M.I's statement that Nas is not on Jay's level, I'd like to say that people should be more specific on these kinda issues to help stem confusion. There's a problem when even the person that said this sounds confused.{ M.I; I do not blame him, he's a one-eyed man in the land of the blind}

As far as quality of music is concerned, Jay-Z is not on a higher level than Nas. I'll leave this at that.

If M.I had based his opinion on sales {a possibility since Jay traditionally sells more}, then he should feel free to add Lil Wayne, T.I, Kanye, Eminem, 50 cent as superiors to Nas. Based on sales, Kanye and Jigga are equals and Em superior.

@eldee, you are definitely in a minority if you insist all nas' recent albums are mediocre. Mediocre in what sense? Nastradamus is the only average nas album i can point out. The rest are surely above average.
Re: Is It True That Sauce Kid Said He's Better Than Nas And Big L by eldee(m): 12:10pm On Oct 01, 2010
Bamsyle.:

If "Make The World Go Round" is what you mean by 'experimenting', then every rapper has experimented at one time or the other . . . "Too Many Rappers" is close but did it garner recognition like "Collision Course"??

Can you compare any of the tracks with a "Numb Encore" or even "Forever Young"?? Are you forgetting "Best of Both Worlds"?? His experiment with Fela?? Can't even list the number of artistes he's featured and shows headlined/tours embarked upon . . . I agree with the Marley one but when was that?? 2010 innit?? Maybe it's an issue of style but Nas can't do the crossover thingy like Jay-Z.

Nas just loves to do his thang . . . you can label him as rigid but I'm still very cool with his sound . . . keeps one sane amidst all the garbage that goons like Flo-Rida are spittin'.

Just because the Beastie Boys song didn't garner recognition doesn't mean it's not an attempt at experimenting. . . it just means Jay-Z did it better.
Forever Young is a pure rap song, and Jay-Z only gets to tour with people like Coldplay because he's famous enough.

Jay-Z never did anything with Fela on any album, it's a couple of producers playing around . . . Nas on the other hand did Warrior Song with African drums and Fela samples, Can't Forget About You with Nat King Cole samples, Bridging the Gap had the Country Music influences and you tell me he's not being experimenting??

He's been touring with a rock band since 2007 homie . . . he only just switched to Damian and K'naan recently.
My point is, it's not that Nas doesn't want to do it, he lacks the ability to . . . and in my own opinion that leaves him looking like the other 967 rappers out there.
Re: Is It True That Sauce Kid Said He's Better Than Nas And Big L by hax: 1:10pm On Oct 01, 2010
eldee:

Jay-Z never did anything with Fela on any album, it's a couple of producers playing around . . . Nas on the other hand did Warrior Song with African drums and Fela samples, Can't Forget About You with Nat King Cole samples, Bridging the Gap had the Country Music influences and you tell me he's not being experimenting??
lol @ trying different samples being called 'experimenting'.
Kanye's whole discography should just be called one BIG experiment.

He's been touring with a rock band since 2007 homie . . . he only just switched to Damian and K'naan recently.
My point is, it's not that Nas doesn't want to do it, he lacks the ability to . . . and in my own opinion that leaves him looking like the other 967 rappers out there.

And how did this 'experimenting' argument come up anyways?

Eminem's never 'experimented', you stans aren't tired of him yet.

It's his beat selection and his subject matter. MOSTLY his beat selection. It's not bad, maybe it's not catchy enough. And it's not like Nas isn't as good a rapper as Eminem, or Eminem's beats have been much better recently. I guess we'll never know how he does it.

I'd rather listen to Untitled than Relapse or Recovery.
Re: Is It True That Sauce Kid Said He's Better Than Nas And Big L by eldee(m): 1:28pm On Oct 01, 2010
hax:

lol @ trying different samples being called 'experimenting'.
Kanye's whole discography should just be called one BIG experiment.

But it is . . . it's an experiment that worked. He won't deny it.
2000s Nas is a failed experiment.

hax:

And how did this 'experimenting' argument come up anyways?

From Bamsyle that came up with the genius excuse for Nas' mediocrity.

hax:

Eminem's never 'experimented', you stans aren't tired of him yet.

Eminem is the most versatile rapper ever. . .

hax:

It's his beat selection and his subject matter. MOSTLY his beat selection. It's not bad, maybe it's not catchy enough. And it's not like Nas isn't as good a rapper as Eminem, or Eminem's beats have been much better recently. I guess we'll never know how he does it.

I'd rather listen to Untitled than Relapse or Recovery.

I'd take Recovery over every of Nas' recent albums, maybe not Distant relatives. . . 2000s Nas' is a typical example of how not to make good albums.
Re: Is It True That Sauce Kid Said He's Better Than Nas And Big L by Bamsyle2(m): 2:55pm On Oct 01, 2010
eldee:

Just because the Beastie Boys song didn't garner recognition doesn't mean it's not an attempt at experimenting. . . it just means Jay-Z did it better.
Forever Young is a pure rap song, and Jay-Z only gets to tour with people like Coldplay because he's famous enough.

An attempt and an actual act are two different things . . . when you read stuff, you'll never understand by always interpreting literally . . .  when folks say Flo-Rida ain't a rapper, they're not saying Flo-Rida has never ever done what we commonly refer to as "talking fast on a beat".

If experimenting is what you call it, Biggie's "F[/i]cuki[i]n You Tonite" has gotta be experimenting.

You must be joking . . . whether it was Mike Love playing around with beats or not, the end-product was a perfect blend of two different cultures that could be called "experimenting" . . .  with Jay-Z's active involvement in the Fela! Broadway project, it's not difficult to see Jay-Z's connection to and blessing of the music project . . . on Nas' samples (SAMPLES dude!), can you compare "America Dreaming" with "Warrior Song" (where the beat even changes from the Fela rhythm at the very start to a rap beat) and 'em rest??

My point is, it's not that Nas doesn't want to do it, he lacks the ability to . . .

Which exactly is what I've been tryna say since . . . and that makes nonsense of your points on whether he's been touring with rock, pop and reggae bands since 3004 B.C. . . . "he doesn't experiment", "he lacks the ability to experiment" - six and half a dozen.

Nas doesn't switch his style, Jay-Z does that a lot, check out his perpetually changing rap pattern from "Reasonable Doubt" to "BP3" . . . and that doesn't mean he's better than Nas . . . I'm very cool with Nas' style - only hardcore R'n'B fans and 'em other genres can label Nas a mediocre rapper.
Re: Is It True That Sauce Kid Said He's Better Than Nas And Big L by hax: 9:28pm On Oct 01, 2010
eldee:

But it is . . . it's an experiment that worked. He won't deny it.
2000s Nas is a failed experiment.
Nope. It's not an experiment. He used samples from many genres. Everyone flips samples this day. do you think they flip samples from hip hop? They flip jazz samples, they flip classic soul and all that. You don't call that 'experimenting'. You call that PRODUCING.
So, can you tell me what you need to do to make a pure 'non-experimenting' hip hop beat, with or without sampling?

From Bamsyle that came up with the genius excuse for Nas' mediocrity.
Will ignore that bullsh-it.

Eminem is the most versatile rapper ever. . .
The most versatile at using a single flow and rapping about the same things and STILL keeping his stans. Yeah, he raps in a crazy high pitched Arabian accent for a whole album and the stans still wet their pants over him. He's definitely doing something right.

I'd take Recovery over every of Nas' recent albums, maybe not Distant relatives. . . 2000s Nas' is a typical example of how not to make good albums.
Riiiiiight.

Let's see what the critics have to say.

http://www.metacritic.com/person/nas
http://wireless.metacritic.com/music/artists/eminem/recovery
http://wireless.metacritic.com/music/artists/eminem/relapse

EVERY SINGLE NaS album from Stillmatic to Untitled got a higher score than Recovery and Relapse.

Recovery was so un-f-ucking-believably boring.

Bamsyle.:

Nas doesn't switch his style, Jay-Z does that a lot, check out his perpetually changing rap pattern from "Reasonable Doubt" to "BP3" . . . and that doesn't mean he's better than Nas . . . I'm very cool with Nas' style - only hardcore R'n'B fans and 'em other genres can label Nas a mediocre rapper.
Exactly.
The moment Nas gets reggae beats and spits THE EXACT SAME SH-IT he's been spitting for years he's suddenly 'really sick' again.

F-UCKING HATERS!
Re: Is It True That Sauce Kid Said He's Better Than Nas And Big L by poweredcom(m): 12:56am On Oct 02, 2010
@eldee

R u d real eldee d singer or wat men U yab you really dont know Real Hip hop

All Rapper respect the work and respect Nas for his longevity and keeping it real you think Rap is all about materialsm

I dont care Nas is everlasting King of Rap culture, go feel Distance relative Album with Root ragaee finniest Damian Marley helping Africa their continent by roots to raise money for schol children is dat not good than jigga with no aim for Africa, water project kor

(1) (2) (Reply)

Hs: Video Premiere: 2face Idibia – Excuse Me Sister / Mp3 Download: Kiss Daniel - Yeba / Have You Listened To This Song From Sinach's Latest Album? I Adore You...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.