Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,447 members, 7,819,654 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:57 PM

UNN First Class Student Commits Suicide After Battling Mental Health - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UNN First Class Student Commits Suicide After Battling Mental Health (1583 Views)

Is School Scam? As UNN First Year Student Marry Today / 10 Secret First Class Student Will Never Tell Anyone About / 7 Reasons Why Polytechnic Students Are Rated 2nd Class Student. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

UNN First Class Student Commits Suicide After Battling Mental Health by dakingsblog: 10:44am On May 14, 2019
Chukwuemeka Akachi who was a first class and final year student of the University of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN) has committed suicide after battling with mental health.

The report has it that Akachi was confirmed dead yesterday after written a suicide note and disclosing his prolonged battle with mental health problem on his facebook status. Though effort were made to rush him to University of Nigeria Teaching Hospital, Ituku Ozalla before he gave up the ghost.

We also gathered that the late Akachi took two full bottles of a poisonous substance and according to what his friends said, it was the second time he would be attempting suicide in recent times.

READ MORE NEWS >>> https://dakingsman.com/2019/05/14/unn-first-class-and-final-year-student-commits-suicide/
Re: UNN First Class Student Commits Suicide After Battling Mental Health by gmacnoms(m): 11:48am On May 14, 2019
Sniper
Re: UNN First Class Student Commits Suicide After Battling Mental Health by christejames(m): 12:41pm On May 14, 2019
UNN students and suicide. That school will always make you feel like you are punching below your weight even though your social life on campus is next to zero. You will see students looking haggard, always swotting on course materials or researching, and making reading rooms and libraries their place of abode just to make sure they attain that goal which they set for themselves (or perhaps the society set for them).

You will meet students who were the best in their secondary school days and have represented their schools or state in national competition struggling to continue with such standard in UNN cause there, they would be competing with other intelligentsias coupled with the societal pressure thereby leading to depression and then suicide.

I nearly slipped into that in that school but thank God I got back to my senses and said to myself that the outside world is vast for everyone to compete favourably, so I became carefree with my academic activities albeit serious with my studies. That's how I scaled through...

The counseling section and students affairs department of UNN need to wake up and face their duty which is the students squarely. It's not enough meeting the students only during orientation, special counseling session can still be organised for all students at least once a semester to interact with the students.

RIP to the young comrade.

#followNPFL

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: UNN First Class Student Commits Suicide After Battling Mental Health by freemanbubble: 1:30pm On May 14, 2019
okay
Re: UNN First Class Student Commits Suicide After Battling Mental Health by rosemary21(f): 8:48pm On May 14, 2019
UNN is a very difficult school aswear.making a good result there ain't a child's play ooo.Thank God that am a superlioness now
Re: UNN First Class Student Commits Suicide After Battling Mental Health by mysteryman2014: 3:35am On May 15, 2019
rosemary21:
UNN is a very difficult school aswear.making a good result there ain't a child's play ooo.Thank God that am a superlioness now

Show some remorse for the dead
Re: UNN First Class Student Commits Suicide After Battling Mental Health by Righteousness89(m): 8:05am On May 15, 2019
When Mercy Expires
Re: UNN First Class Student Commits Suicide After Battling Mental Health by rosemary21(f): 12:41pm On Oct 08, 2019
mysteryman2014:

Show some remorse for the dead
What did I say wrong please
Re: UNN First Class Student Commits Suicide After Battling Mental Health by mysteryman2014: 7:19pm On Oct 08, 2019
rosemary21:

What did I say wrong please

Your comment was more of self glorification, very narcissistic

(1) (Reply)

Missing Waec GCE Centre Number / Affordable Houses For Rent Near AAU In Ekpoma, Edo State / Literature In English Practice Tests For UTME And SSCE Candidates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.