Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,943 members, 7,824,964 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 10:06 PM

What Godfatherism Will Do…the Muiz Banire Factor! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Godfatherism Will Do…the Muiz Banire Factor! (1556 Views)

Governors Planning To Buy Votes With Old Naira Notes – Muiz Banire / AMCON: Buhari Replaces Muiz Banire With Edward Adamu / Muiz Banire: Why Ambode Doesn't Deserve 2nd Term (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Godfatherism Will Do…the Muiz Banire Factor! by AirwavesReport: 12:43pm On May 14, 2019
What Godfatherism will do…The Muiz Banire Factor

If you don’t like something, change it. If you can’t change it, change your attitude. It is your attitude, more than your aptitude, and that is what determines the height of your achievement in life.

Many people think that luck plays a major role in the lives of successful people, but I don't think so, because I believe awareness, information and company of people you interact with, often than not determine the level of your success.

Take for example, people living in villages. They never dream of buying an aero-plane. Most of them have never entered a car in their lives, not to talk of a plane. So they don't have the ambition of owning a plane. If you were in Europe, your first contact will determine how you will end up in life.

The people you associate with will determine the type of job and career you are likely to end up with. I remember when astute politician, Senator Ganiu Solomon brought Barrister Muiz Banire to Asiwaju Ahmed Tinubu in the year 2003, some of us were not happy, because we preferred Dr. Kadiri Obafemi Hamzat. Hamzat had graduated from University of Ibadan and was a strong member of the Muslim Students Union.

Of course, very reliable and intelligent, Banire comes from the same Mushin axis with Dr Hamzat; he was made a commissioner for 12 years and later, Legal Adviser to the All Progressives Congress (APC) national by Asiwaju Tinubu. Banire was then the youngest among us all.

I was looking for an opportunity to become a commissioner under the late Lam Adesina administration at that time, but I was told by Baba Bisi Akande that Aare Arisekola was pro-North and their party AD is anti-North. And besides, I was too young to serve under Baba Lam Adesina.

So he directed me to go back to Ibadan and collect a written letter from Aare that he wanted me to join their party, AD. So, the opportunity that Muiz Banire had in Lagos was not available in Oyo. Bola Ahmed Tinubu did not place embargo on age limit, and we did not have that in Oyo. Majority of Asiwaju's kitchen cabinet members then were young and intelligent guys.

When it came out in the media that Banire was asking an un-intelligent question of how to defeat godfathers in Lagos, I wasn't surprised because, he was only fortunate to be in the right place at the right time. Some of us who he met in politics are still struggling till today.

He was introduced to national politics by the same godfather who he is now thinking of defeating. What an irony! But I think some of us are always over-rating people above their intellectual capacity. When a Senior Advocate of Nigeria from the South-West now needs someone like Nasir El-Rufai to lecture him on how to defeat a godfather in the South West, it really becomes doubtful.

If that SAN had any intellectual ability, it brings to question on his integrity. In fact, this is awkward. Banire's paternity and academic qualification need proper scrutiny. I even doubt his Yoruba lineage. There is a popular proverb in Ibadan that it is easy to take people out of Mushin but very difficult to take Mushin out of them. Banire is just showing the Mushin part of him. Simple!

Wole Arisekola, a media practitioner and political editor, writes from Ibadan.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Godfatherism Will Do…the Muiz Banire Factor! by Superpatriots: 3:05pm On May 14, 2019
This is well written and compose write up.......more grease to your elbow........Banire want to defeat a man that help his political career and introduced him to national politics.........Time will tell......what will happen to him...........

3 Likes

Re: What Godfatherism Will Do…the Muiz Banire Factor! by Olaestate1: 11:10pm On May 14, 2019
nice and intellectual write up

2 Likes

Re: What Godfatherism Will Do…the Muiz Banire Factor! by Nobody: 5:08am On May 15, 2019
What is Banire problem with Tinubu? He was confirmed AMCON chairman, what else does he want? He wouldn’t have reached where he is today without the man. Tinubu help most of these people and they end up trying to stab him in the back.

4 Likes

Re: What Godfatherism Will Do…the Muiz Banire Factor! by kernel01: 7:01am On May 15, 2019
Superpatriots:
This is well written and compose write up.......more grease to your elbow........Banire want to defeat a man that help his political career and introduced him to national politics.........Time will tell......what will happen to him...........

Yorubas! You're hailing him for supporting Godfatherism?

1 Like

Re: What Godfatherism Will Do…the Muiz Banire Factor! by Blazebond(m): 7:03am On May 15, 2019
This write-up is why Nigeria can't grow,boot lickers write-up.

1 Like

Re: What Godfatherism Will Do…the Muiz Banire Factor! by kernel01: 7:03am On May 15, 2019
rahazaqa:
What is Banire problem with Tinubu? He was confirmed AMCON chairman, what else does he want? He wouldn’t have reached where he is today without the man. Tinubu help most of these people and they end up trying to stab him in the back.

You people were shouting Godfather in Kwara, but wouldn't want it in Lagos. I can't be you

2 Likes

Re: What Godfatherism Will Do…the Muiz Banire Factor! by hisexcellency34: 7:05am On May 15, 2019
Jealousy kill you there. Fvking arseliker

1 Like

Re: What Godfatherism Will Do…the Muiz Banire Factor! by helinues: 7:06am On May 15, 2019
In the aspects of life , well written

Politically, it all depends on the type of godfatherism. Nothing bad in dreaming big

1 Like

Re: What Godfatherism Will Do…the Muiz Banire Factor! by Nobody: 7:11am On May 15, 2019
Move this to the FP pls.

Nigerians need to discourse dispassionately on this issue. So much confusion between god fatherism and political mentoring.

Cc. Seun, Lala etc

2 Likes

Re: What Godfatherism Will Do…the Muiz Banire Factor! by Casptainspecial: 7:28am On May 15, 2019
Overating people above their intellectual capacity
Nice one

1 Like

Re: What Godfatherism Will Do…the Muiz Banire Factor! by Nobody: 1:22am On May 16, 2019
kernel01:

You people were shouting Godfather in Kwara, but wouldn't want it in Lagos. I can't be you
These are two different things, this is not anyhow related to Kwara case
Re: What Godfatherism Will Do…the Muiz Banire Factor! by Nobody: 2:03am On May 16, 2019
Okoro please keep shut back off.. this is us talking now
kernel01:

Re: What Godfatherism Will Do…the Muiz Banire Factor! by Nobody: 2:09am On May 16, 2019
Time will tell how far Banire can go in been used against Yoruba 2023 presidency. In fact Muiz is a bastard his real Lineage needs to be debated
Re: What Godfatherism Will Do…the Muiz Banire Factor! by BuhariAdvocate: 4:07am On May 16, 2019
wink who is godfather.
kernel01:

Re: What Godfatherism Will Do…the Muiz Banire Factor! by EagleNest(m): 6:07am On May 16, 2019
Nigeria is simply bad. It is apparently run by political clans and mafias. None of these people mentioned in this writeup has the interest of everyone but only themselves... remain in power or be power brokers.
Re: What Godfatherism Will Do…the Muiz Banire Factor! by aolawale025: 6:43am On May 16, 2019
Any initiatives to rid godfathers is welcome. That few benefit don't make it ideal

(1) (Reply)

Tribunal: Akpabio Disrupts Traffic TO Akwa Ibom Govt House / Ministerial List: Buhari Dashes Kachikwu's Hope / Mazi Nnamdi Kanus Broadcast With Ben Tv Fresh

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.